Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

only good anime is a dead anime

I am a Hero is a manga, not an anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Norns posted:

Why does a vampire need sunglasses

To look cool

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

deadly_pudding posted:

Way ahead of you, Dr. Tim

Hellsing is bloody fantastic and well worth a watch, just make sure you watch Hellsing Ultimate rather than the original TV series. It's a direct adaptation of the manga and fun as hell.

Norns posted:

Because Alucard has style, no fucks to give, and if anyone gives him poo poo he'll just eat them anyway.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I loved this show whenever it came out. Seras the vampire sniper cutie and that butler dude with the strings to gently caress poo poo up were cool and good.

Go watch Hellsing Ultimate, because it is far and away better than the original series made. Having a complete finished manga run instead of just two volumes released helped somewhat.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Are there any games where I can play as a squid but NOT a kid? Asking for a friend

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Overbite posted:

Are there any games where I can play as a squid but NOT a kid? Asking for a friend

Ikachan

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Dizz posted:

Ikachan

What's that, asks my friend

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Overbite posted:

What's that, asks my friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ltp4SzOG6A

In short; it's the Dark Souls of.... underwater squid adventure games.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
That's exactly what I want thanks

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Dizz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ltp4SzOG6A

In short; it's the Dark Souls of.... underwater squid adventure games.

but is it a rogue-like? :thunk:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

but is it a rogue-like? :thunk:

Permadeath with random dungeons*, online pvp with money betting*, a crafting system*, and online leaderboards*

*: Doesn't have any of this actually

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I think I may have done it. I may have accidentally found a way to strand myself without SOPHIA and stupidly swim into a save point trying to get back to it. I had just gotten the last missing health boost necessary to move on. Before I call this game done does anyone have any clue how I can recover? Killing myself doesn't work, reloading the save doesn't work...

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Overbite posted:

Well I know of this one game where you can play as a totally regular dad. I do expect it to be ported to the switch, especially because of its great local coop.

I guess that doesn't really help you, but :shrug:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dizz posted:

Yeah there's a lot of games these days where all I can think about how it's doing so well is because of anime/waifu fanservice

With fire emblem it's more because they started actually advertising the games and stopped doing stuff like making a GC-looking game for the Wii followed by two incredibly ugly nes remakes

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

FiestaDePantalones posted:

I think I may have done it. I may have accidentally found a way to strand myself without SOPHIA and stupidly swim into a save point trying to get back to it. I had just gotten the last missing health boost necessary to move on. Before I call this game done does anyone have any clue how I can recover? Killing myself doesn't work, reloading the save doesn't work...

I thiiiink you can press X or something while standing on a save point to recover it but I'm not 100% on that, just vaguely remember the game saying something like it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

FiestaDePantalones posted:

lol I know that pain and I have the feeling I know exactly where it is. Go to the save point, press x (i think?) and get sophia back.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
You can now preorder an empty box in Japan.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-is-selling-an-empty-splatoon-2-box/1100-6450226/

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Norns posted:

Don't masquerade with the guy in shades
Oh no

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Norns posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56HSPQHSqEE

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Guys did you know that Alucard is DRACULA backwards?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Did you know the last Castlevania game was a pachinko machine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN0Te7uTi7o

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

YES I WAS :mad: THANKS FOR THE REMINDER

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No worries champ

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
pachinvania.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i had a dream the other night that nintendo bought konami and turned up at this years e3 and had a trailer for super castlevania switch developed by platinumgames with a live synth orchestra 3rd person whip action.

and still no virtual console.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

i had a dream the other night that nintendo bought konami and turned up at this years e3 and had a trailer for super castlevania switch developed by platinumgames with a live synth orchestra.

and still no virtual console.

if that happened I would not give a single gently caress about virtual console. please bring back castlevania so we can wash the god-of-war MercurySteam stink off it.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I've loved the Switch so much over the last two months that I went all-in today by ordering the new/old street fighter, ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey. It really made all the difference on my recent long haul flights to/from Italy. Just imagining how great this thing is gonna be 2 years in when it has a ton of games to play on the go.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yes I also can't wait 2 years for the Switch to finally have some games.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm already playing games on my switch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

InFlames235 posted:

I've loved the Switch so much over the last two months that I went all-in today by ordering the new/old street fighter, ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey. It really made all the difference on my recent long haul flights to/from Italy. Just imagining how great this thing is gonna be 2 years in when it has a ton of games to play on the go.

PHYSICAL

MEDIA???????????????????????????????????????????

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Does anyone have a good "how to figure out what the heck when you're starting if you've never played a Disgaea game before" tutorial for Disgaea 5? I've had it for a while since I bought it on the japanese estore but I am excited about looking at it again cause you guys are talking about it, and I was bad :3:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes I also can't wait 2 years for the Switch to finally have some games.

Ps4owners.txt

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Quidthulhu posted:

Does anyone have a good "how to figure out what the heck when you're starting if you've never played a Disgaea game before" tutorial for Disgaea 5? I've had it for a while since I bought it on the japanese estore but I am excited about looking at it again cause you guys are talking about it, and I was bad :3:

When you play the game it tells you what to do. Not being facetious; it even tells you how to grind more efficiently by turning off animations.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Kashuno posted:

PHYSICAL

MEDIA???????????????????????????????????????????

Yes. I do physical media for everything that I can. Saving HD space for when they finally release the virtual console stuff.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

InFlames235 posted:

Yes. I do physical media for everything that I can. Saving HD space for when they finally release the virtual console stuff.

how expensive are sd cards where u live

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

In terms of a game on Switch no one else here has played:

Snake Pass is really good!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh man let me play this sweet new Nintendo Switch game!

*fumbles ejecting cartridge*
*slip on the cartridge and dies*

No thanks. All digital for me.

Grimshak
Oct 8, 2013

I know you need the meat, girl, but damn.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh man let me play this sweet new Nintendo Switch game!

*fumbles ejecting cartridge*
*slip on the cartridge and dies*

No thanks. All digital for me.

I would agree, except I'm a cheap bastard and digital games never go on sale or provide discounts through Amazon Prime.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kirios posted:

In terms of a game on Switch no one else here has played:

Snake Pass is really good!

It is! But for some reason, it makes me really dizzy when I play it for too long.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

I don't know how uncoordinated you guys are but it's pretty easy both carrying tiny carts with you and switching them in and out. Sorry if that is a challenging maneuver for most here. I also save money on the games via Amazon Prime :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
what about the fact you're destroying the earth for Nintendo HMM?

• Locked thread