Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Also on a positive note I just want to say my Batman looks baller in the Noir shader and dressed up like Batman Beyond. Was definitely pleasantly surprised to find those gear pieces. On a less positive note, I just realized all the gear dress-up is useless with Premier skins who are locked into a single appearance. :smith:

Zur-en-Arrh or gtfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
I've got Batman, Superman, and Flash to Level 20. I'm thinking of taking Supergirl to 20 (currently at 7) as she's pretty fun to play. I don't like Brainiac really, though Darkseid is fun.

Is there a guide somewhere that tells me what abilities I should focus on for each hero? I guess STR for Superman/Supergirl and went with Ability for Flash on epics.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Strength is for normals and Ability is for specials

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Batman Beyond mask on Batman in this game is really disturbing, I think because of how realistic the facial animation is, applied to what looks like just this plastic mannequin head thing? It gets weirder when you see it in colors other than black, too. Like I'm able to mentally reconcile that it's the Batman Beyond look when it's the right color to match the cartoon, but when it's blue or something it has this really gross rubbery sheen to it and it's just unsettling

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Rubber doesn't really bother me

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Flash versus Robin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8-3XTbyvpQ

lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol'd at Scarecrow telling Blue Beetle "your abuela is next" in a clash.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

I love the people in the comments section saying it's staged

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

lol'd at Scarecrow telling Blue Beetle "your abuela is next" in a clash.

"Quiet enough for you?"
"Will be in a sec."

Probably been my favorite clash so far.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Wooo some days off work, time to actually do story mode.

Love this game for the same reason I loved MKX, I can play for like 30 minutes, do a couple daily or weekly towers, and actually have a sense of accomplishment.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Seriously with people on mics do they have to shout everything when they are losing!? They sound like little teenage girls (no offense to people who really are teenage girls).

VVV:booo!

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 22, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Seriously with people on mics do they have to shout everything when they are losing!? They sound like little teenage girls (no offense to people who really are teenage girls).

Remember: it's everyone's fault but yours. That's the online game way.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

nunsexmonkrock posted:

My personal favourite is when they have some sort of music going full blast through their junky mic, and all you hear is a garbled mess for the entirety of your match. Unless I'm blind, there's no way to quickly (if at all) mute someone's mic.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I just applied, mcdougle86, made a stairs ref because im a tool

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Meridian posted:

"Quiet enough for you?"
"Will be in a sec."

Canary vs Ollie:
"Time for the big finish."
"Um, hello? Boxing Glove Arrow?"

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

7lip posted:

My personal favourite is when they have some sort of music going full blast through their junky mic, and all you hear is a garbled mess for the entirety of your match. Unless I'm blind, there's no way to quickly (if at all) mute someone's mic.

I'm guilty of that :( mostly just because I almost always have music blasting full volume - but when I see a match starting I normally turn it off - unlesss I can't find where the volume control thing is for my computer.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

7lip posted:

Start your own chat party in your console menu. This will mute all opponents.

:discourse:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The best clash dialogue is Harley telling Atrocitus that he would be a cute plushie, and Atrocitus angrily demanding to know what a plushie is

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I love it too when occasionally during clashes or intros characters will reply with something that makes absolutely no sense.

"I'll grind you into dust!"
"A compliment indeeeeed."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

actually now I remember one intro that always makes me laugh, Atrocitus admonishing Deadshot for killing with no purpose, Deadshot says it's not personal just business, and Atrocitus is just all disappointed dad in his non-rage murders, saying "WHAT A WASTE OF A LIFE"

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

DLC Inc posted:

actually now I remember one intro that always makes me laugh, Atrocitus admonishing Deadshot for killing with no purpose, Deadshot says it's not personal just business, and Atrocitus is just all disappointed dad in his non-rage murders, saying "WHAT A WASTE OF A LIFE"

Can you add PS4 Guild: N6C2E Dark Empire to the OP. Not sure if the others are still full.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
So, I've played over 200 ranked matches, have got as high as rank 200 or so and I've come to the conclusion that the game just isn't really fun in that regard. Playing against the heavy zoners isn't impossible, but it definitely isn't fun. I can't figure out any guaranteed setups or meaty set ups because I believe every character has an invincible wake up attack that travels them nearly full screen. The block and punish game is really odd because blocking special moves usually leaves you at too far a distance to properly punish. I don't know, maybe I'm completely off base, but I don't see it.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Anyone have any favorite AI setups beyond Combo/Counter? I'm swapping one or the other for a little bit of rush on some characters like Harley, who's tearing rear end.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My muting trick is plug a headset into my controller. Then i put the headset on the floor and roll it around with my feet :getin:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ExCruceLeo posted:

Can you add PS4 Guild: N6C2E Dark Empire to the OP. Not sure if the others are still full.

done and done

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

opioid agonist posted:

Start your own chat party in your console menu. This will mute all opponents.

:discourse:

Noice, never thought of that.

So far only been an issue in ranked matches, KOTH seems to be pretty good for people chit chatting and rooting people on when the king is a Green Arrow spamming poo poo from across the screen :smithcloud:.

Jimmy Hats posted:

My muting trick is plug a headset into my controller. Then i put the headset on the floor and roll it around with my feet :getin:

This was my go to for a while, I actually had the 3.5mm plug off a broken pair of headphones chopped off so it wasn't as cumbersome. But I'm playing with one of these guys:

At one point they were on clearance for 8 bucks so I bought two for ps4 and two for Xbone, never bothered cracking a ps4 one open until IJ2, because my MK Klassic stick with the x shaped control layout kinda sucked (like the stiff happ stick for MK games, my SF stick is too loose IMO for MK).

In case someone doesn't know what I'm referring to:

7lip fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 22, 2017

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

nunsexmonkrock posted:

They usually call me a nigga about 100 times as I kick their rear end.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I don't even get people who mic up for random-rear end matches.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I don't even get people who mic up for random-rear end matches.

They learned some new swear words in study hall today and YOU'RE GOING TO HEAR THEM WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Seymour Butts posted:

They usually call me a nigga about 100 times as I kick their rear end.

People think they can just say poo poo because they are online and don't have to deal with the consequenses of actually saying it to someones face who might actually talk back or punch them.

How do I do a wake-up attack - WW specifically?

vvv: These are grown up people.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 22, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lmao if you would punch a child for cursing at you

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
anyone got any advice on blocking and block timing? I noticed that this is something I can't quite figure out. I play online and I find myself getting beat by strings that I can't really figure out how to block, as I try to engage before their attack finishes and I end up eating 2 or 3 punches in the string.

Also, I don't know when to attack after a successful block, I think this is related to my first question... I'm dumb.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Goon Squad is back to full capacity.

My favor Atrocitus line is when he just comes straight out with "Your sister died horribly" to Captain Cold. Like drat man, way to say hello.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I liked Power Girl telling Joker he makes her skin crawl and he replies with a heartfelt "thank you!"

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jmcrofts posted:

I love the people in the comments section saying it's staged

Lol, why does this video have so many views?

Seymour Butts posted:

So, I've played over 200 ranked matches, have got as high as rank 200 or so and I've come to the conclusion that the game just isn't really fun in that regard. Playing against the heavy zoners isn't impossible, but it definitely isn't fun. I can't figure out any guaranteed setups or meaty set ups because I believe every character has an invincible wake up attack that travels them nearly full screen. The block and punish game is really odd because blocking special moves usually leaves you at too far a distance to properly punish. I don't know, maybe I'm completely off base, but I don't see it.

I think most, if not all, invincible wakeups are unsafe and able to be punished. I'm not sure what you mean by "guaranteed setup", there's ways to stuff invincible wakeups but you have to have dead-on timing and it's easier to just block if you're expecting them to wakeup. Sounds like you just have to learn the matchups re: punishing, sometimes you have to use a normal that moves you forward or reaches farther, or sometimes your character just might not be able to punish things that other characters can. If you gave an example of character you're using and special that should be punishable but you find yourself unable to, I could probably figure out something that works.

El Chingon posted:

anyone got any advice on blocking and block timing? I noticed that this is something I can't quite figure out. I play online and I find myself getting beat by strings that I can't really figure out how to block, as I try to engage before their attack finishes and I end up eating 2 or 3 punches in the string.

Also, I don't know when to attack after a successful block, I think this is related to my first question... I'm dumb.

Basically just comes down to learning the characters and frame data, really.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Seymour Butts posted:

Man I wish Ivy had a wakeup attack that traveled full screen. Or any distance at all. Or any anti-air. Or you could dash out of her stance. Or that every single one of her specials had their commands changed. Or that her level 10 metered ability in gently caress-around-mode wasn't the worst trade I've seen. Or that she was a completely different character.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 22, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm probably just being lazy but I'm starting to come around on appreciating Catwoman's character power of "hey, heres a bunch of attacks you can execute immediately with just one button"

KidVicious
Feb 2, 2004

Captain Charisma

Meridian posted:

"Quiet enough for you?"
"Will be in a sec."

My fave so far was Harley and Bane:

Harley (mocking Bane): "I'll break Wayne!"
Bane: "YOU WOULDN'T DARE!"

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I'm probably just being lazy but I'm starting to come around on appreciating Catwoman's character power of "hey, heres a bunch of attacks you can execute immediately with just one button"

I've seen a Catwoman get revived from a KO when her trait was full. Is that from her gear?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cinnamon Bear posted:

"here, have a n auto combo on an already combo-heavy character" isn't the wildest ability but hey, it rewards you for picking catwoman and she's pretty fun to play as.

How are people finding Joker's ability? I only really see payoff if I get to Level 3 with it and I'm dumb about how to take advantage of it besides "really really fast overhead crowbars now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Having no idea who either of these people are because I am very new to this fighter game poo poo but, all I get from this video is that sonic is a little bitch and HoneyBee is 3x better than him. Playing as the flash, that's how much harder he is working, and he's good at it, again... sonic is a bitch, maybe just in this video, he a bitch, he's definitely better than me. Not what I'm saying, he a bitch, he's playing smart because flash doesn't have range, he a bitch, this is a strategic and smart play, he a bitch.

e
Bro, everyone that plays DS is freakin' annoyin' to watch.
Did you see Aries, the long bearded guy Twitch stream?
Aries, played DS live on stream and was fuckin' annoying as hell to watch! the chat was on his rear end, but Aries kept telling everyone "DS is a zoning character.."

• Locked thread