Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Making the pistols not poo poo would be a good start. I don't even bother picking them up anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Isn't it fun seeing 45 fps for a split second in the plane and then the stupid red poo poo comes out of it and the sound comes on and the jokes start and you hit 8-12? Or is that just me

The two best things in the game are 1) the crate jumping game on loot island and 2) throwing a molotov on as many people as possible right before you load into the plane so you get giant buggy fire trails as it starts flying.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Great Beer posted:

Making the pistols not poo poo would be a good start. I don't even bother picking them up anymore.

Early game P1911 isn't the worst. But I do agree.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Badfinger posted:

The two best things in the game are 1) the crate jumping game on loot island and 2) throwing a molotov on as many people as possible right before you load into the plane so you get giant buggy fire trails as it starts flying.

Actually it's throwing a nade into those little huts and getting 2-4 kills for one nade!!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Badfinger posted:

Thats what that poo poo is?!?! God damnit.

The really only laggy points in the game for me are the island, the plane ride, and finally falling through those stupid clouds. I'm not sure if I lose speed but my screen freezes and it sucks

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

...and finally falling through those stupid clouds. I'm not sure if I lose speed but my screen freezes and it sucks

I don't think you lose speed but I also don't think anyone doesn't get that little lag spike so even if you do lose speed it's probably pretty even for everyone.

Btw ump+Kar98 is an amazing setup. Won two solo's in a row with that now.
Getting caught out in the open moving between cover only to quickly stop and dome the dude shooting is so drat satisfying. I feel like running with the sniper out default unless you're cresting a hill or something is the way to go. Best way to survive being caught off guard.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

When is BerryTech being added. Also player housing and crafting

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Ostentatious posted:

I want to die

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao am I going crazy and this guy is Solid Snake (and died a split second after me to win) or is this a bug where I was the last one left and the game simply didn't end?

The only thing around me that you can jump on are the rocks on the cliff and the long fall down to the beach, but I spent the entire time jumping around and trying to see out on to ground below and there was absolutely no one I could see. When it finally collapsed to the final circle and I fell below I had a quick few seconds to swing the camera around and see if there was anyone around but there was no one

:confused:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
No idea if this was ever fixed but supposedly you could swim under the map if you glitch through the rocks in a certain way

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Carebearz posted:

Anyone else want them to add a Five Seven into the game? or make the uzi a pistol slot weapon like it should be already?

Yes and actually use 5.7×28mm, giving no fucks about vests.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hell yes now I can pretend even mroe like im playing Stalker

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Ostentatious posted:

Do you think SOJ's will become currency here, as well?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

I don't really get how people get crates. I know someone out there is getting them, somehow, but it isn't me.

I don't count getting headshot mid looting as getting them

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I don't really get how people get crates. I know someone out there is getting them, somehow, but it isn't me.

The trick is having one drop near you but not looting it immediately. Instead wait for everyone else around to take the bait and cut them down one by one. Once it seems like people's interest is through you can open the crate yourself.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

You get them by hiding nearby and killing the four or five dudes who come to get it for themselves. It's not easy. But a lot of players throw caution out the window when they get within 100 meters of that sweet sweet end game gear. Much easier to kill dudes who are getting sloppy because of greed.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

take a car to the crate while it is still in the air. watch it land and wait five seconds to make sure you're clear. drive up to it, loot it, then peel off into the sunset with your handsome new M24

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Every crate Ive ever gotten has been serendipity. Like the one that splashed down in the straight between the military base and the island while I was swimming under the bridge since I couldnt find a boat. That one had a Ghillie suit!

I was in the Polyana Hopital once and heard a drop, while I was looking for it from the hospital roof I saw it landed on the (inaccessable) Police station roof. That one felt bad, so close and so far away.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

You get them by hiding nearby and killing the four or five dudes who come to get it for themselves. It's not easy. But a lot of players throw caution out the window when they get within 100 meters of that sweet sweet end game gear. Much easier to kill dudes who are getting sloppy because of greed.

it owns when you walk up behind a group of people doing exactly this

they watch the crate oh what's that behind us

and then they get hit by a uaz

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Voxx posted:

Yes and actually use 5.7×28mm, giving no fucks about vests.

:hfive:

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

i get to crates pretty easily, but if its a weapon i don't want i take the ammo, go a ways away from the crate and then drop the ammo.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Carebearz posted:

i get to crates pretty easily, but if its a weapon i don't want i take the ammo, go a ways away from the crate and then drop the ammo.

I love how this game brings out the sadist in me, too.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

No idea if this was ever fixed but supposedly you could swim under the map if you glitch through the rocks in a certain way

This actually happened to me once in a match and I was able to use it to win.

I was driving really fast with a friend in the buggy and as we approached Pochinki all of the sudden we realized that the sewer canal geometry hadn't loaded properly and our car fell through the ground. My friend in the back seat had his game load trapping him inside the metal sewer grate bars, whereas I and the buggy fell all the way through the map. Eventually I landed in an endless ocean that spans the entire map that one can just swim around in anywhere they want and not have to worry about any low spots where you might pop up back through the geometry.

All I had to do to win was swim towards the center of each white circle until the very final circle where it was me and another guy. The dude got very confused and started shouting over open mic, while I just stayed silent. :ninja: Eventually he tried throwing a grenade at the ground to see if maybe it would kill me or something but the grenade just blew up and killed him giving me the win. :toot:

I have tried to replicate the geometry load bug several times but have been unsuccessful. It very possibly was due to a desync that probably can't occur now that they have their desync detection in place. That said if this just happened to that other goon maybe there are still ways to trigger loading failures in parts of the map geometry.

edit: Here's a pic of what it looked like from my perspective.

Siets fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 22, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I love how this game brings out the sadist in me, too.

most of the time i'll take the ammo, head to a nearby building and then drop the ammo. Or i'll find a ditch nearby and drop it.

when I do that i stay nearby to see if anyone shows up and listen to them bitch, then i shotgun them in the dick.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I go for crates when they're far away from the main action. My strategy is to roll up in a buggy and run over everyone who tries to loot it, then do donuts for a little bit to attract gunfire from anyone who might be sitting in a sniper nest, then pull up right next to it and loot from the cover of the crate and my buggy.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

glad i'm not the only one who drops good items in the middle of nowhere so no one can have them.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Siets posted:

This actually happened to me once in a match and I was able to use it to win.

I was driving really fast with a friend in the buggy and as we approached Pochinki all of the sudden we realized that the sewer canal geometry hadn't loaded properly and our car fell through the ground. My friend in the back seat had his game load trapping him inside the metal sewer grate bars, whereas I and the buggy fell all the way through the map. Eventually I landed in an endless ocean that spans the entire map that one can just swim around in anywhere they want and not have to worry about any low spots where you might pop up back through the geometry.

All I had to do to win was swim towards the center of each white circle until the very final circle where it was me and another guy. The dude got very confused and started shouting over open mic, while I just stayed silent. :ninja: Eventually he tried throwing a grenade at the ground to see if maybe it would kill me or something but the grenade just blew up and killed him giving me the win. :toot:

I have tried to replicate the geometry load bug several times but have been unsuccessful. It very possibly was due to a desync that probably can't occur now that they have their desync detection in place. That said if this just happened to that other goon maybe there are still ways to trigger loading failures in parts of the map geometry.

edit: Here's a pic of what it looked like from my perspective.

If he hadn't blown himself up this probably wouldn't have worked though, since the guy above ground can use meds to survive longer whereas the guy swimming in the water cannot. I'd think the zone would kill the swimmer long before the first guy ran out of meds.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://kotaku.com/players-are-turn...dium=Socialflow

This is why we can't have nice things

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

holy poo poo that looks laaaaaaaaaaaaaame

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

quote:

It is Battlegrounds with the dial cranked up to eleven.
lol

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

quote:

It's not really a surprise that any game with mod support will be aggressively and relentlessly made worse by mods.

jubjub64 posted:

Sacriel the streamer is currently talking about a new multiplayer survival game he is working on called Breaking Point. I never played H1Z1 or Day Z so I don't know what to think about it.
https://www.twitch.tv/sacriel
http://playbreakingpoint.com/

I think it may lean more towards the berry harvesting side of things though.

These things are bad and, not coincidentally, related.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

anything sacriel touches will be extremely spergy and bad

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I guarantee you they already have a zombie mode like that planned for paid DLC. It would be stupid for them not to do it. Change the skybox, add a few zombie models, easiest million dollars ever made.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

It was quite a while ago that this happened on Sacriel's stream, and it was actually very funny and entertaining. I guess now that Jack finally released his video from that evening, the news has spread.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Kotaku is worse than any PUBG custom game.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It looks like it would be good fun for a few rounds but would get stale quick. People would still eat it up if they made it a separate mode.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

funny Star Wars parody posted:

anything sacriel touches will be extremely spergy and bad

I enjoyed Sacriel for the first 15 minutes until the nonstop "FRUH!" spamming he did at random eventually frayed my nerves.

Please friends, don't FRUH and PUBG!

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
If they release zombie mode and the current game mode becomes a ghost town it would be a huge tragedy. gently caress zombies, I can't say it enough.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
The caveat to that type of thing being bad is if there was some sort of 1v100 style mode where the roles were randomized and there was some sort of balancing, and not just a bunch of streamers having fun at the expense of their viewership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kibbles n Shits posted:

If they release zombie mode and the current game mode becomes a ghost town it would be a huge tragedy

• Locked thread