Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The dodges might be the best animation in the game. They're super smooth.

Also, wow. The Nuibaba map took a very long time.

I Warped Kliff with a Brave Sword up there and he critted Nuibaba twice :haw:

Then he also proceeded to kill two of the Dread Fighters + dodged/tanked a whole bunch of Arcanists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Zore posted:

Have Genny summon dudes.

Its the solution to most of life's problems. Archers will prioritize the summons over your dudes most of the time.

OK, I will try that. I was afraid to even get her in range of Archer Hell to summon her dudes because they would definitely kill her dead, but if they're dumb enough to ignore even the squishy cleric in favor of the cannon fodder, then bring it on!

Strange Quark posted:

Man, I wish the game told me I just needed one forge to evolve weapons from like iron to steel, because forging higher just all goes to waste once you change the weapon.

Er wait, what? How's this work? You forge a thing only once and you can upgrade/(evolve?) it right away? Celica's starting dagger takes a gold mark for the last upgrade, which I don't have, but I could have done that after just one forge?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, wow. The Nuibaba map took a very long time.
Warp + Double Lion + Rescue

Rinse and repeat

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

Warp + Double Lion + Rescue

Rinse and repeat

I didn't have anyone with rescue so I slowly sniped all the mages to death until I felt safe enough to have Gray run in and kill Nuibaba. And then I learnt Medusa's damage is also halved by the Dread Fighter passive and I realised I probably could have sent him in much earlier.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Silque learned invoke

Alm party is "weak"

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I forged Atlas a bow named "Plz gain Spd."

Does Sniper give any speed boosts? Please say yes. :gonk:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Silver Falcon posted:

You wanted a fast character and didn't go Mercenary->Myrmidon->Dread?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Silver Falcon posted:

Hahahahahaha

Honestly the promotion bonuses may as well be non existent outside of HP for anyone who isn't in the merc or knight line because their base stats are so goddamn low.

Zore fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 22, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Faye: I'M READY TO KILL IN YOUR NAME! JUST POINT ME AT YOUR ENEMIES AND WATCH ME GO!
Alm, probably: :stonk:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Are weapon skills determined by number of times using the weapon, being in battle, or what? Because I had the royal sword for like 2 chapters and I still haven't unlocked the last skill.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

You wanted a fast character and didn't go Mercenary->Myrmidon->Dread?

Look the OP said to make him an archer, OK?! I now realize my mistake. Boy howdy do I ever.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tae posted:

Are weapon skills determined by number of times using the weapon, being in battle, or what? Because I had the royal sword for like 2 chapters and I still haven't unlocked the last skill.

Determined by use.

Some have absolutely absurd requirements.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
You guys are all wrong, the only acceptable promotion line for Atlas is to make him the Muscle Wizard

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Killer Bow has a skill that attacks twice, you might wanna try to get that instead. You get Killer Bow by upgrading it from a Silver Bow, which you get later in Celica's route. Before that just use Steel Bow's Heavy Draw for uh, massive "chip" damage? Honestly given Atlas' ridiculous Str growth it doesn't sound that bad.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I made Altus an Archer and give him an Iron Bow. He just always uses the skill that increases accuracy. Someone who can deal one powerful hit from five spaces away is always good.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

blizzardvizard posted:

Killer Bow has a skill that attacks twice, you might wanna try to get that instead. You get Killer Bow by upgrading it from a Silver Bow, which you get later in Celica's route. Before that just use Steel Bow's Heavy Draw for uh, massive "chip" damage? Honestly given Atlas' ridiculous Str growth it doesn't sound that bad.

Yeah he's fine at hitting dudes from ridic distances away. (I'm loving archers in this game!) I will do the Silver Bow> Killer Bow thing. A fine idea! Thanks for the tip.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Cleric is probably better for Faye gameplay-wise, especially if I end up doing the post-game, but pegasus knight feels like it fits her more characterwise, what with her killing all of Alm's enemies for him.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Cleric is probably better for Faye gameplay-wise, especially if I end up doing the post-game, but pegasus knight feels like it fits her more characterwise, what with her killing all of Alm's enemies for him.

She can kill the hell out of people as a Cleric too. She gets some really rad attack spells.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Note if you want you can make a silver weapon out of a steel. If you want to not wait on the natural silver bow to appear and you have coins to spare.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I love Atlas :allears:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What is the highest might you can get on a sword so I can make one for Atlas and just call it "the World."

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!

I know, right? I came extremely close to solo-ing the last fight of Celica's part of Chapter 3 with just Dread Fighter Atlas. No one unit should have this much strength!

EDIT: And I'm on hard mode, too!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

What is the highest might you can get on a sword so I can make one for Atlas and just call it "the World."

Shadow Sword goes up to like 20 might. Of course it has the devil effect of sometimes gibbing you .

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This is the best Ace Attorney game I've played in years.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Supremezero posted:

Faye: I'M READY TO KILL IN YOUR NAME! JUST POINT ME AT YOUR ENEMIES AND WATCH ME GO!
Alm, probably: :stonk:

I feel like Faye is as close as I'm gonna get to Pieri in this one.

Echoes is real good, all fire emblems are good but there's way way less to think about in this one so I can follow my strategy of taking the characters I like the most and the tactic is hitting the other guy harder than he hits me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't imagine how awful Gaiden must've been for Alm without Faye because Warp+Rescue is severely mitigating a lot of tedious problems.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Silver Falcon posted:

Look the OP said to make him an archer, OK?! I now realize my mistake. Boy howdy do I ever.

Archers can do their share on the right maps. Even lovely Python can shine:

And Atlas is twice the Archer he is.

Decius fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 22, 2017

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silver Falcon posted:

OK, I will try that. I was afraid to even get her in range of Archer Hell to summon her dudes because they would definitely kill her dead, but if they're dumb enough to ignore even the squishy cleric in favor of the cannon fodder, then bring it on!

Er wait, what? How's this work? You forge a thing only once and you can upgrade/(evolve?) it right away? Celica's starting dagger takes a gold mark for the last upgrade, which I don't have, but I could have done that after just one forge?

Once you forge something at least to the first level, another row will appear at the bottom as ???????? and that's the evolution thing, separate from how high you forge the weapon. I don't think it's available for every weapon, but it is for most at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So Delthea is an Awakening character in a sea of Gaiden

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

(personal experience means nothing)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I have a similar Mathilda that I regret promoting immediately because her non-defense growths are absurdly good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

are the various wines and such just vendor trash? doesn't seem like i can use them

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Tae posted:

I have a similar Mathilda that I regret promoting immediately because her non-defense growths are absurdly good.

I mean she still has 40% def growth which is one of the highest in the game.

And a 4% res growth... which is one of the highest in the game.

Cake Attack posted:

are the various wines and such just vendor trash? doesn't seem like i can use them

You can use them as an offering at a shrine to cure all fatigue for your party.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

When offered to Mila, they restore your Turnwheel, so if you're in a long tough dungeon crawl (Chapter 6?) then that would be useful.

Otherwise :10bux:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Zore posted:

I mean she still has 40% def growth which is one of the highest in the game.

And a 4% res growth... which is one of the highest in the game.

Well I ignore her defense growth because that's going way high when she promotes.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm playing through slowly because I've already played the Japanese version and I just finished act 2. While most of the game isn't a new experience, the translation is really knocking it out of the park (and my Japanese isn't good enough to judge things like prose quality so while I understood what was going on that was about it). The Gray/Tobin and Mae/Boey bickering is incredible.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I really, really like the job Mae's voice actress is doing. She's got a lot of personality.

"I'm at TOP of my game!"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there somewhere for Celica to get mana herbs other than the two by Mila shrines? Need a third for a quest that completes another quest and I don't wanna keep pushing on if that locks things off because oh God that guy at the starting temple is going to keep bugging me to kill zombies that haven't spawned since chapter 2 and it's bugging the Hell out of me. Alm's sitting on 6 or 7 of the things but I'm not burning a peddler if "one by the end of chapter 3" is any sign as to their uncommonality.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The only time in the game that backtracking is cut off is that Celica can't explore the act 1 areas after you finish act 2. Just keep playing and come back to the guy when you get your third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Celica gets the Rion and Fugue shields, and can give the Fugue shield to the correct guy, but the Rion guy was in Zofia castle. Do I have to know in advance this happens so I can send the Rion to Alm through the Peddler or is there another way to get the Rion shield to its guy?

Also, I think I had a glitch in some quest giver. I went to the Sylvan shrine and cleared it, and a woman in the forest village thanked me, then started asking if i'd saved her husband. I don't remember rescuing anyone at this point, though maybe I did? Just a bug causing a looped quest prompt, or may I have missed something?

• Locked thread