Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

People can have guns. They just don't see the point.

Well there's your problem right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

blugu64 posted:

That's islamophobic

All religious people are busted in the brain, though. He could've meant that, which isn't Islamophobic so much as it is just plain correct.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
lol that florida dude converting to islam as if being a nazi wasn't violent enough.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Dizz posted:

lol that florida dude converting to islam as if being a nazi wasn't violent enough.

horseshoe theory

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Holy poo poo, they actually have a king still lmao

Yeah? Greatest country in the world has a king. Norway. Like all monarchies in the civilized world, he's purely symbolic. Meanwhile, we have a president who can barely string together a sentence, didn't win the majority of the minority of voters who turned out, and is actively dismantling everything good we've built since FDR.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

People can have guns. They just don't see the point.

Guns are great. Little known fact. Native Americans own the most guns per capita. Aztlan will rise again.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Apoplexy posted:

Yeah? Greatest country in the world has a king. Norway. Like all monarchies in the civilized world, he's purely symbolic. Meanwhile, we have a president who can barely string together a sentence, didn't win the majority of the minority of voters who turned out, and is actively dismantling everything good we've built since FDR.

Good.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
wow is this like the only thread where a bunch of gbs posters adore royalty instead of calling for the guillotines lmao

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
More like 'feels ambivalently about them when they're relegated to symbolic positions of diplomatic stature only'

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

wow is this like the only thread where a bunch of gbs posters adore royalty instead of calling for the guillotines lmao

We got marxist pinkos praising Europe for their pure white royalty while making GBS threads on democracy and calling people that disagree with them racist.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

If there's anything we learned from last year is that democracy has failed

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Was it this thread that was talking about the media smearing trump?

If it seems President Trump gets almost nothing but bad press, you're not imagining things: A new report from Harvard Kennedy School's Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics, and Public Policy finds that the media coverage of Trump's first 100 days in office is historically negative. The report analyzed print editions of the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post; the main newscasts from CBS, CNN, Fox News, and NBC; plus the UK's Financial Times and BBC and Germany's public service broadcaster ARD. Interestingly, the report points out, during his presidential campaign, "Trump received far more coverage, and far more positive coverage, than did his Republican rivals." That changed when he got the nomination. Key findings from his first 100 days in office:

On national TV, 41% of all news stories were about Trump; that's three times higher than previous presidents experienced.

In TV broadcasts about him, Trump himself accounted for 65% of the sound bites. Overall, Republicans accounted for 80% of the sound bites, with the rest coming from Democrats (6%), protesters (3%), the FBI (1%), and "other" (10%).

A whopping 80% of media coverage of Trump with a "clear tone" during his first 100 days was negative; compare that to 57% for George W. Bush. During the worst week for Trump, 90% of coverage was negative. The percentage of negative coverage never dropped below 70%.

Even on Fox News, 52% of coverage of Trump that was clearly skewed was negative. All other outlets analyzed were 70% negative or higher.
There was no one major topic for which coverage of Trump was more positive than negative, which the report says sets "a new standard for unfavorable press coverage of a president.

"While just 3% of US news reports about Trump directly questioned whether he's fit for office, European news reports were much more likely to raise the question. ARD, for example, devoted 20% of its Trump coverage in January to the question. And 98% of the time the question was raised by ARD, the answer was no.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Note that I don't consider it smearing him because he is a retard and if you objectively report about him it will probably be negative but you could certainly make the argument

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The left loves Trump, they need a father figure so he makes them feel funny, that's why they're loving obsessed with him

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Trump's fine

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Snatch Duster posted:

Trump's fine

lol

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I'm glad he's fine, though. I imagine he'd be doing stuff like confirming to the world that he was regurgitating Israeli intelligence to the Russians. Wait, that's what he did a few hours ago. I forget these things, it moves at such a clip.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Apoplexy posted:

https://twitter.com/AkiPeritz/status/866696755802509312

So

Which posters are going to suddenly disappear from this thread

Dunno, all the Hillary posters ducked out ages ago so we ran out of Nazis/Neo-Nazis.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/22/15675502/trump-israel-netanyahu-intelligence-gaffe

I mean, I'm sure that even with video this is 'fake news' right

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

lovely Wizard posted:

Dunno, all the Hillary posters ducked out ages ago so we ran out of Nazis/Neo-Nazis.

Hahahah. It's funny because Hillary supporters are actually the worst. You can check the Democrats Are A Waste D&D thread for proof of that. loving anti-leftist center-right neolibs.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

The positive news about Trump is how he did not literally poo poo his pants during speeches

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Apoplexy posted:

Hahahah. It's funny because Hillary supporters are actually the worst. You can check the Democrats Are A Waste D&D thread for proof of that. loving anti-leftist center-right neolibs.

:same:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The left loves Trump, they need a father figure so he makes them feel funny, that's why they're loving obsessed with him

Then why pick Trump of all people?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

Royalty is good for the tourism industry.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Avirosb posted:

Royalty is good for the tourism industry.

Explain Buganda and Ethiopia's lack of royal tourism?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I say we grease all the rich people and then the poor can peacefully eat apples and play goldeneye 64

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Snatch Duster posted:

Explain Buganda and Ethiopia's lack of royal tourism?

Is there anything they don't lack?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Imagine that Still in the title is replaced with Hillary

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
I just remembered that the Onion started sucking Hillary's metaphorical dick after they got bought by Univision. Good times.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snatch Duster posted:

Imagine that Still in the title is replaced with Hillary

I wouldn't like your instagram page

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Trump should take a page from FDR's playbook and threaten to pack the Supreme Court if the unprecedented judicial and legislative obstruction of his agenda isn't ended.

Then he should do it, anyway. Show that broke-rear end cripple how a real man makes America great again.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

lovely Wizard posted:

I just remembered that the Onion started sucking Hillary's metaphorical dick after they got bought by Univision. Good times.

I bet she smells like onions

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

lovely Wizard posted:

Sounds like a crazy "conspiracy" to me

TBH they would've written the same things anyway, I've seen their staff out at the bars before, they're Daily Show forumla babies thru and thru

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I bet she smells like onions

Cat food def

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Blue Train posted:

Cat food def

hosed up thing is she doesn't have cats

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

hosed up thing is she doesn't have cats

She eats cats like all lizard people do.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Is this the "lol Hillary's fine" thread?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
this is the hillary fan thread yes

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

Is this the "lol Hillary's fine" thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW7QDdgunX8

Maybe not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Trey Gowdy says there's evidence that there were entanglements between the Justice Department and Clinton that influenced the investigation

• Locked thread