Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

drat this has been a good day for Jezza, what was that IRC channel you guys used?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I think from now on, any junket she speaks at will have someone stood next to the fire alarm.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Brendan Rodgers posted:

drat this has been a good day for Jezza, what was that IRC channel you guys used?

ukgoons on synirc, it's always in OP. Everyone needs to come along for election night.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

HJB posted:

I'm now convinced the Tory plan is for Corbyn to get in and take Brexit full in the face, then blame Labour for everything going to poo poo.
It's a totally loopy conspiracy theory that definitely isn't true but christ if it doesn't make more sense than the received wisdom.

The rebrand of 'Conservative Party' as 'Theresa May's Team' looks especially suspect through that lens.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Not necessarily, the rebrand essentially means that if they go down in flames it's Theresa May going down, not The Conservative Party.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I genuinely think they thought she was doing so well because nobody had actually talked to her, and now people are talking to her and it turns out that once you do she's like a markov chain generator, could be mistaken for human at a distance in a poor light but throws a wobbler and starts getting stuck in recursive loops when you sit down and talk to it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:shobon:

https://twitter.com/deankirby_/status/866731795374637056

haakman
May 5, 2011
Bit disappointed. Neil was like a cat playing with food. Should've followed up some questions and gutted her.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Reasonably priced, too.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Andrew Neil is a tory, they should have had Paxo eviscerate her but there we go.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

jBrereton posted:

Andrew Neil is a tory, they should have had Paxo eviscerate her but there we go.

you think PAxman isn't a tory?

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Oberleutnant posted:

Reasonably priced, too.

Yeah no kidding. I pay £12 for decent fish in chips in london

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

JFairfax posted:

Paxman might be a Tory but he sure loves to gently caress with them when they don't have good answers. Neil won't press people unless they're on the left, at which point has does his just asking questions windbag act.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
that's true.

also never 4get

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

jBrereton posted:

Paxman might be a Tory but he sure loves to gently caress with them when they don't have good answers. Neil won't press people unless they're on the left, at which point has does his just asking questions windbag act.

he did his windbag act and she still hosed it up

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

he did his windbag act and she still hosed it up
Yeah it was incredible lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

JFairfax posted:

I feel like Paxman's alignment is Dickhead-Evil.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

They're in full meltdown mode. This is some Trump level poo poo right here

https://twitter.com/CCHQPress/status/866718460042235904
https://twitter.com/CCHQPress/status/866717867600904193

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/hrtbps/status/866729113092071424

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Labour's planning to raise the base tax rate to 25%?

That's a... bold claim...

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

By "millions of working people" they mean "people earning over £80k".

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

By "millions of working people" they mean "people earning over £80k".

But that's already in the 40% tax band. The base rate is 20% and it comes in past your personal allowance.

I genuinely can't tell what they're trying to suggest other than a 5% tax hike on the base rate which seems far more like a tory policy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

OwlFancier posted:

Isn't there some electoral law that means you can't publish outright lies in the official campaigning time?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Isn't there some electoral law that means you can't publish outright lies in the official campaigning time?

Even if there is, I expect any consequences will be the same consequences the Tories faced the last time they broke electoral law (ie zero).

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Yeah whoever couldn't think of a better word to imply 'general' than 'basic' is going to find themselves in a bit of hot water because that's just factually untrue.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I legit think I pay too little tax. I mean, in the end it's just like a third of the gross income or something like that, which is pretty low by world standards. Anyone complaining about a tax increase on > £80k is a loving rear end in a top hat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

But even then what's the suggestion, that there's going to be a new tax band at 80k and it's going to be 25% which would be a massive cut? 25% higher? Putting the top rate at 70%?

What does it meeeean?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Pochoclo posted:

I legit think I pay too little tax. I mean, in the end it's just like a third of the gross income or something like that, which is pretty low by world standards. Anyone complaining about a tax increase on > £80k is a loving rear end in a top hat

Someone I know said "Well i'd be paying £10,000 more income tax under Corbyn!" to which people replied "how much loving money are you earning right now?!"

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

OwlFancier posted:

But even then what's the suggestion, that there's going to be a new tax band at 80k and it's going to be 25% which would be a massive cut? 25% higher? Putting the top rate at 70%?

What does it meeeean?

LABOUR RAISE TAX ON YOU LABOUR BAD

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

OwlFancier posted:

What does it meeeean?

It's a lie about the basic rate going up. They'll get skewered for this. Social media has been proven to count as official campaigning material.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

What does it meeeean?
It's a lie about the basic rate of tax.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

awesome-express posted:

Yeah no kidding. I pay £12 for decent fish in chips in london

3.50 in Liverpool

Youse are getting ripped

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
whats more, there is a much higher likeliehood of getting gravy with your chips in liverpool

its just a better place

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jBrereton posted:

Paxman is doing an interview for Channel 4.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Another Person posted:

whats more, there is a much higher likeliehood of getting gravy with your chips in liverpool

its just a better place

Give me curry sauce or give me an alternative to chips.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Spuckuk posted:

3.50 in Liverpool

Youse are getting ripped

That's because London is the worst. Can't wait to move up north.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Chippy gravy on chippy chips makes me a chipper chappy.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Anything other than some nice sea salt, high quality vinegar and maybe a little brown/tartare sauce on the side with your fish and chips is a Disaster.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Paxman is doing an interview for Channel 4.
I'm glad of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Dabir posted:

Not necessarily, the rebrand essentially means that if they go down in flames it's Theresa May going down, not The Conservative Party.
Exactly. If you're imagining a world where the Tories are trying to throw the election, it makes sense to temporarily rebrand as 'Theresa May's Team' so that you can immediately dump her and all associated election baggage, and deflect any and all future questions about "how did you gently caress this up so completely" with "that was Theresa May who's gone now and we've made a clean break, let's not dwell on the past".

• Locked thread