Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Can we change the thread title to something like "watching because this show finally got better"?

Because this season has been knocking it out of the park since episode 1. God, it's refreshing having a good villain again, and now all three of them are gonna be in the same season finale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

Can we change the thread title to something like "watching because this show finally got better"?

Because this season has been knocking it out of the park since episode 1. God, it's refreshing having a good villain again, and now all three of them are gonna be in the same season finale!

nah, this show and all other cwdc shows have been good since the start, i title these threads ironicly

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Based on Season 4 it was an appropriate thread title. There's no point in changing it just because the season has genuinely been good.

The Lord Bude posted:

This has been a great season. I think you could debate whether this season or season 2 is the better one, and both sides would have merit.
I just finished rewatching Season 2, I think it was better but this has still been great (and to be fair, we haven't seen the finale yet so it could get even better).

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BSam posted:

nah, this show and all other cwdc shows have been good since the start, i title these threads ironicly

I dunno. Arrow got real bad around the time Felicity got up from her wheelchair and walked out on Ollie, LoT season 1 was... uneven at best, and Flash's current writing team are pants on head stupid.

Fun, yes. Good? Debatable.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

I dunno. Arrow got real bad around the time Felicity got up from her wheelchair and walked out on Ollie, LoT season 1 was... uneven at best, and Flash's current writing team are pants on head stupid.

Fun, yes. Good? Debatable.

I think BSam was talking about the *current* seasons. Not overall.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's BSam, he meant the whole thing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The prometheus music cue is soooooooooooo stupid and destroys all tension in a scene when it starts up. It's the sound you expect to hear when a fairy godmother trips and falls down the stairs or something. It was bugging me all season but the helicopter escape scene broke the camels back. It's not cool or dangerous sounding, or hype building. What is it supposed to be? :psyduck: Who decided that??

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bring back old gbs posted:

The prometheus music cue is soooooooooooo stupid and destroys all tension in a scene when it starts up.

I could not disagree more strongly. I love that cue.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

I could not disagree more strongly. I love that cue.

It just screams crazy poo poo is about to happen or is happening. It's great.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just cant stop picturing a fat lady forever tumbling down a staircase ineffectually waving a wand trying to make it stop. It's so specific to that music and I don't know why. Fantasia maybe??

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah the Prometheus musical cue is great.

I know it's dumb but I hope they find some way to keep Josh Segarra around. Like it turns out Vigilante is his twin brother.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Don't worry. Legends S3 will have to face the Injustice Gang of Prometheus, Savitar, and Bizaro Supergirl.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Season 3 of LoT is going to be them just going around and exterminating all the time remnants Barry leaves around like a dog shedding fur

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Don't worry. Legends S3 will have to face the Injustice Gang of Prometheus, Savitar, and Bizaro Supergirl.

I really want to see a three way fight between Black Canary, Black Siren, and Silver Banshee

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Damnit, Max Lord. That's who I should have used. Max Lord hamming it up with Prometheus and Savitar.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WhyteRyce posted:

Season 3 of LoT is going to be them just going around and exterminating all the time remnants Barry leaves around like a dog shedding fur

That could be cool actually

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I definitely get a kick out of how the LoT team ends up just chumping a lot of the better villains from Arrow and Flash. Super-fast and cunning speedster that tormented the Flash team for months? Whatever, I guess the history professor knocks him out by swinging a spear like a baseball bat. Master assassin with magic powers that took a half-season, three special guest stars, and a city-wide uprising for Ollie and the gang to defeat? Just have drunk-rear end Mick Rory hit him in the head with a fire extinguisher or whatever.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Phenotype posted:

Master assassin with magic powers that took a half-season, three special guest stars, and a city-wide uprising for Ollie and the gang to defeat? Just have drunk-rear end Mick Rory hit him in the head with a fire extinguisher or whatever.

Who writes this crap, anyways?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phenotype posted:

I definitely get a kick out of how the LoT team ends up just chumping a lot of the better villains from Arrow and Flash. Super-fast and cunning speedster that tormented the Flash team for months? Whatever, I guess the history professor knocks him out by swinging a spear like a baseball bat. Master assassin with magic powers that took a half-season, three special guest stars, and a city-wide uprising for Ollie and the gang to defeat? Just have drunk-rear end Mick Rory hit him in the head with a fire extinguisher or whatever.

Dahrk's magic is apparently ineffective against concussions.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
The Darhk in legends was a younger, weaker version who hadn't learned magic yet. It's not fair to compare them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thawne though, Barry's just incompetent.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
Isn't tomorrow the finale? I thought Roy was supposed to show up this season.

Maybe his scenes got cut.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Amell says there's another former cast member coming back who hasn't been featured in any of the promotional material, could be Roy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If it's Roy, it better be Kara's Roy with a metal Cadmus arm

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lord Bude posted:

The Darhk in legends was a younger, weaker version who hadn't learned magic yet. It's not fair to compare them.

he literally levitated Sarah in the air so I don't know what you're getting at here

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

he literally levitated Sarah in the air so I don't know what you're getting at here

If you're talking about the alternate future episode after the legion used the spear, he specifically mentions 'getting his magic' as the first thing he did when they used the spear to change reality. That was the only time he had magic.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well, the magic totem Darkh gets much of his power from is found by Oliver just a couple of years before Arrow starts, right? So the Darkh in Legends is from somewhere between leaving the League of Assassins and Oliver's five year journey.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

STAC Goat posted:

Well, the magic totem Darkh gets much of his power from is found by Oliver just a couple of years before Arrow starts, right? So the Darkh in Legends is from somewhere between leaving the League of Assassins and Oliver's five year journey.

Is it the same totem though? I was under the impression there were a few of those and Oliver happened to bury the one on Lian Yu. I don't remember the show either mentioning Darkh had that one specifically.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You could be right. Hell, you're probably right since I was a little uncertain of it as I was typing.

Still, the Legends S2 Darkh is clearly pulled somewhere between League of Assassins and H.I.V.E./magic.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Catching up on Legends of Tomorrow's second season. Holy hell is this fun.

And not "bad, but fun."

Just a genuine blast.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
It's amazing what getting rid of the dullest, creepiest love triangle in television history will do for you, huh?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

It's BSam, he meant the whole thing.

:love:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Q_res posted:

It's amazing what getting rid of the dullest, creepiest love triangle in television history will do for you, huh?
Also having interesting, fun, cheesy villains.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Absolutely, Legends was so good it made me retroactively not hate Damien Dhark as much and I didn't even cringe when Merlyn showed up to help out Oliver

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Q_res posted:

Absolutely, Legends was so good it made me retroactively not hate Damien Dhark as much and I didn't even cringe when Merlyn showed up to help out Oliver

He was on Rogue this season, playing a Damien Dhark, but as a crooked cop.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

The Darhk in legends is explicitly stated as being from the 1970s. That's where they took him back to at the end of the show.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lord Bude posted:

If you're talking about the alternate future episode after the legion used the spear, he specifically mentions 'getting his magic' as the first thing he did when they used the spear to change reality. That was the only time he had magic.

You're the only time he had his magic :mad:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocksicles posted:

If it's Roy, it better be Kara's Roy with a metal Cadmus arm

I stopped watching Supergirl, did they really show her earth's Arsenal?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

The Darhk in legends is explicitly stated as being from the 1970s. That's where they took him back to at the end of the show.

They most certainly did not.

That's straight 80's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Miami Vice Darhk was the best.

• Locked thread