Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Screaming Idiot posted:

We got a new guy at work who is obviously a pillhead. This on its own pisses me off, but I try to look over it because we are short on staff and not all addicts are bad people.

No, my grumble is that this guy spends every minute bitching about the job, the heat, his coworkers, everything and anything, and takes every excuse to leave early. And then he bitches about only getting twenty hours on his paycheck. Oh, and mysteriously he always has some kind of family emergency on payday that keeps him from coming in to work, forcing me and someone else to take his spot and work two jobs apiece for almost two shifts.

I'm against drugtesting as a rule, but holy poo poo would I love to see this junkie shithead get fired.

If my experiences with junkies are anything to go by, he'll be promoted soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
A Facebook friend/casual acquaintance of mine just got divorced, maybe a few months ago? He posted on Facebook today, a huge wall of text dedicated to the "most beautiful girl I have ever seen," some chick he saw at a noodle place. How they kept glancing at each other, and every glance he thought his heart would stop, and how beautiful she was, and how he knew he'd never be good enough for her, buuuuuut....what if. What if! And then the usual ending that he never even spoke to her and she left, and he was posting a reward on Facebook in case anyone on his friends list happened to have seen a white girl with green eyes and red hair at this noodle place at this address and date. He wants to contact her, you see, and wanted opinions if $500 was a good price for getting that info.

I told him straight out that was creepy as poo poo, and just go back to the noodle place next week and see if she comes back. Otherwise stop.

His male friends had better ideas. Like to ask the cashier who she was. Oh, the cashier doesn't know? Well, gently caress, ask if the girl paid with a credit card and get her name that way!

Me insisting this poo poo was creepy and stalkery led to a nice explanation from several men what stalking was. See, stalking is when you creep on some girl and she tells you no because you're a creep. Buuuut if you dig around for info about her or get her license plate and run it through the DMV website or post a loving reward if someone can get her to call you, that isn't stalking, that is Showing You Are Good Soulmate Material. And if she says no then, why, then you prove how romantic you are. And if she says no THEN, she's not being stalked, she's probably a dyke.

Mind loving blown. And guys wonder why girls think they are loving creeps.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Cowslips Warren posted:

A Facebook friend/casual acquaintance of mine just got divorced, maybe a few months ago? He posted on Facebook today, a huge wall of text dedicated to the "most beautiful girl I have ever seen," some chick he saw at a noodle place. How they kept glancing at each other, and every glance he thought his heart would stop, and how beautiful she was, and how he knew he'd never be good enough for her, buuuuuut....what if. What if! And then the usual ending that he never even spoke to her and she left, and he was posting a reward on Facebook in case anyone on his friends list happened to have seen a white girl with green eyes and red hair at this noodle place at this address and date. He wants to contact her, you see, and wanted opinions if $500 was a good price for getting that info.

I told him straight out that was creepy as poo poo, and just go back to the noodle place next week and see if she comes back. Otherwise stop.

His male friends had better ideas. Like to ask the cashier who she was. Oh, the cashier doesn't know? Well, gently caress, ask if the girl paid with a credit card and get her name that way!

Me insisting this poo poo was creepy and stalkery led to a nice explanation from several men what stalking was. See, stalking is when you creep on some girl and she tells you no because you're a creep. Buuuut if you dig around for info about her or get her license plate and run it through the DMV website or post a loving reward if someone can get her to call you, that isn't stalking, that is Showing You Are Good Soulmate Material. And if she says no then, why, then you prove how romantic you are. And if she says no THEN, she's not being stalked, she's probably a dyke.

*Rolls madly, as if on fire*

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
I'm a receptionist so I talk to people eight hours a day. So I want to have some time to myself on my breaks. But you can't decline a conversation in the break room without coming off as rude.

Related: there's this older guy who comments on my lunch every day, always in the context of weight loss. If I'm eating a salad or a bunch of vegetables, he always says "new weight loss plan?" But if I'm eating Chinese food or a sandwich he asks if it's my cheat day. I've literally never brought up dieting around him. I don't know if he's trying to call me fat or if he just assumes all women are on diets, but it's annoying and I can't really complain or ask him to stop without sounding like an oversensitive feminazi or entitled millennial snowflake or whatever.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negging

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Cowslips Warren posted:

Because this is the plot of 85% of romantic comedies. If Prince Charming had Facebook and $500, he wouldn't have needed to waste all that time making girls try on the glass slipper! He'd have found out her name and address and photos of her cats, sent her a dick pic, and they'd have lived happily ever after.

If the girl went to the police to complain that a man she'd never met had been following her around, asking for her personal information, claiming that they are soulmates destined to be together, I guarantee you at least one would roll his eyes and think that she should be flattered by the attention.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

ghost emoji posted:

he just assumes all women are on diets

It's this. Especially with older people. In the 90s, I was rail thin and I couldn't put anything in my mouth without strangers commenting. Something healthy? "You don't need to eat salads! Have a burger!" Something unhealthy? "How can you eat like that and stay so skinny?!"

Old people apparently have immunity when it comes to commenting on other people's bodies. Thankfully I don't have this problem now, because it's not the 90s and I'm at a healthy weight, so the only kind of food-shaming I get is for not liking avocado. In California. Which is apparently some sort of crime?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

It's this. Especially with older people. In the 90s, I was rail thin and I couldn't put anything in my mouth without strangers commenting. Something healthy? "You don't need to eat salads! Have a burger!" Something unhealthy? "How can you eat like that and stay so skinny?!"

Old people apparently have immunity when it comes to commenting on other people's bodies. Thankfully I don't have this problem now, because it's not the 90s and I'm at a healthy weight, so the only kind of food-shaming I get is for not liking avocado. In California. Which is apparently some sort of crime?

Don't worry. If a millionaire spotted you eating an avocado, you'd represent Why This Generation Is Wrong.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

ghost emoji posted:

I'm a receptionist so I talk to people eight hours a day. So I want to have some time to myself on my breaks. But you can't decline a conversation in the break room without coming off as rude.

Related: there's this older guy who comments on my lunch every day, always in the context of weight loss. If I'm eating a salad or a bunch of vegetables, he always says "new weight loss plan?" But if I'm eating Chinese food or a sandwich he asks if it's my cheat day. I've literally never brought up dieting around him. I don't know if he's trying to call me fat or if he just assumes all women are on diets, but it's annoying and I can't really complain or ask him to stop without sounding like an oversensitive feminazi or entitled millennial snowflake or whatever.

That sounds familiar.

I worked with a guy who took it to the point of literally reaching into my lunchbox to pick stuff out and hold them up for comment.

Like what the gently caress. Keep your hands off of other peoples food has to be one of the first lines of code in the lizard brain.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

cinni posted:

People who, instead of coming to a complete stop behind a car at a red light, slow down early so they can keep dawdling forward very very slowly, creeping and creeping until they are finally blocked by the object in front of them. Just stop and wait like a normal person, you aren't going to be able to take off more quickly anyway because the stopped car in front has to begin movement and such.

I'm more bothered by the opposite of this: people who insist on braking as late as possible, especially when they are coming up to an intersection across from you and making no indications of slowing down whatsoever.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hate those ads on sites you have to slide all the way up the screen to get through them like you're rolling up a sleeve or something

Similarly it drives me crazy when sites deliberately load ads slower so if you try to click a link you'll click the ad instead. And they're usually littered like minefields around the actual links. Cracked is one of the worst for that

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Taking kids with the flu out for a day of fun at a family tourist attraction. Everyone loves it when your child pukes in a gift shop and spreads their germs all over everything!

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Autoplay videos.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

Taking kids with the flu out for a day of fun at a family tourist attraction. Everyone loves it when your child pukes in a gift shop and spreads their germs all over everything!

I'm imagining a snowglobe but of a touristy gift shop and the little plastic snowflakes are all green and yellow

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

I was the sick child. Even threw up in a gift shop. My dad made me go even though I had stomach flu and bronchitis, because "we paid a lot for this trip and you're not just going to sleep in the hotel!"

Great family times.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

I hate those ads on sites you have to slide all the way up the screen to get through them like you're rolling up a sleeve or something

Similarly it drives me crazy when sites deliberately load ads slower so if you try to click a link you'll click the ad instead. And they're usually littered like minefields around the actual links. Cracked is one of the worst for that

Yeah. So deliberate and obnoxious. I only see it on mobile sites since I have everything on my laptop blocked but Metacritic is the worst one. they have the tiny little x in the corner of the ads and if you try to get rid of it it just clicks the ad. It's very scummy.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

kreyla posted:

I was the sick child. Even threw up in a gift shop. My dad made me go even though I had stomach flu and bronchitis, because "we paid a lot for this trip and you're not just going to sleep in the hotel!"

Great family times.

Ugh, that's awful. I just have a weak immune system and a weak stomach, so puke makes me puke and even colds give me severe illnesses that lasts for over a month.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. So deliberate and obnoxious. I only see it on mobile sites since I have everything on my laptop blocked but Metacritic is the worst one. they have the tiny little x in the corner of the ads and if you try to get rid of it it just clicks the ad. It's very scummy.

Yeah, it's particularly annoying when you visit a site and they're filled with banners (or even overlays) along the lines of "please disable your adblocker, we need the income to keep the site running!". Then you actually do that and are immediately bombarded by half a dozen popups and random bullshit that's at best aggressively annoying (like those that load a full-page ad into your current tab and displace the original page into a secondary tab) and at worst straight-up dangerous (crashing your browser, being a potential risk of virus infection) and you quickly remember why having an ad-blocker is pretty much mandatory these days.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Picnic Princess posted:

Ugh, that's awful. I just have a weak immune system and a weak stomach, so puke makes me puke and even colds give me severe illnesses that lasts for over a month.

Similar thing happened to delay me being discharged after my Appendectomy. I tend to have a strong revulsion to Cigarette smoke, and as I was leaving the hospital we took the elevator - some idiot had used it while reeking of cheap cigarette smoke so I vomited again in the courtyard, and because all the bile had yet5 to be purged I was brought back in for observation for another hour. Really annoying, as I'd already lost like a week or two recovering there after my operation because the appendix had ruptured. If I'd left the doctors visit any later it would apaprently have burst.

Also on the reaching into your lunchbox thing - that's when you slam the lid shut on their hands and say "I'm keeping these now".

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

BioEnchanted posted:

Also on the reaching into your lunchbox thing - that's when you slam the lid shut on their hands and say "I'm keeping these now".

Grin at them disbelievingly, looking between the food item and their face. "I can't believe you're touching it."

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Whenever a webpage tries to shame me for not turning off ad block or subscribing to their newsletter

Click here if you want to hear more quirky news from us or click here to PUNCH A BABY IN THE FACE LOL XD

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fried Watermelon posted:

Whenever a webpage tries to shame me for not turning off ad block or subscribing to their newsletter

Click here if you want to hear more quirky news from us or click here to PUNCH A BABY IN THE FACE LOL XD

https://t.co/nUWWlpKX9R

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

BioEnchanted posted:

Sadly my lunchbox is just a cooler bag :negative:

Fried Watermelon posted:

"Disable adblock to improve performance"

Or when developers purposely break their own sites for adblock users. Videos not player properly with a tag that I should try turning off the adblocker.

Yeah I get that it's their right and all that but I have yet to encounter a content site where I couldn't just google the topic and find what I was looking for somewhere else. Disabling websites for adblock users is not the solution either.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, it's particularly annoying when you visit a site and they're filled with banners (or even overlays) along the lines of "please disable your adblocker, we need the income to keep the site running!". Then you actually do that and are immediately bombarded by half a dozen popups and random bullshit that's at best aggressively annoying (like those that load a full-page ad into your current tab and displace the original page into a secondary tab) and at worst straight-up dangerous (crashing your browser, being a potential risk of virus infection) and you quickly remember why having an ad-blocker is pretty much mandatory these days.

yeah I don't mind unobtrusive ads like the ones on the LP archive, but very few places use nice, unobtrusive ads.

I also hate the stupid sites where it's like "SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER/MAKE AN ACCOUNT TO READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE" well, I'm not going to do that, and now I'm also never going to come back to this site.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Once in a while I'll bite on one of those begging tactics and allow ads, but if they break my trust and blow my poo poo up I'll just never return. If it's reasonable I might just keep allowing them.

Sites that pretend like they have no choice but to block videos or make them run terribly for adblock users can suck my rear end.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Sociopastry posted:

I also hate the stupid sites where it's like "SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER/MAKE AN ACCOUNT TO READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE" well, I'm not going to do that, and now I'm also never going to come back to this site.

:agreed: I also just leave mobile sites when they have the full-screen or scrolling ads because I don't need this in my life

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Ads went so overboard with popups, flash videos, sound effects and so on that people had no choice but to get adblockers. You would think that the natural response would be to tone down ads. Instead they try to bypass and block the adblockers. And behind all that is all the same terrible ads people started blocking years ago. Proving us right to block them.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The worst version of that is whenever I try to watch shows on KissCartoon - they disable the video until you turn off adblock and reload the page, but the ads slow the buffering to a crawl so you just hide them anyway. Completely pointless, they're still not getting my clicks. The only reason I use them is dubbedscene was compromised and is too dangerous to visit now due to redirect attempts.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

what shows are you trying to watch? if you have PMs, I can shoot you some links for other sites.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

People who constantly point out mistakes their coworkers have made, rather than focusing on the right things they've done. For example, I work with a guy who is still fairly new in the kitchen, and every single time he makes a mistake he seems to get a barrage of people calling him an idiot. But the dude is trying his best, and more often than not gets everything correct. However, I personally have noticed him making more and more mistakes as the days go by, causing him to get yelled at more. It's almost like if you make a person think they're only going to gently caress up, they're going to gently caress up. I try to tell him "great job" after every dinner rush, but I'm worried it's not going to be enough after a while.

On a sort of related note, it bugs me when people use terms like "negative reinforcement" and have no idea what it means. Admittedly, it's been many years since I studied psychology, but there are four major ones: positive reinforcement, negative reinforcement, positive punishment, and negative punishment. "Positive" and "negative" do not denote the goodness or badness of the action, they just mean whether something was given or taken away.
For example, spraying a dog with a water bottle when it tears up your couch is not negative reinforcement, it is positive punishment. Positive because you are giving something to the dog (the spray of water), punishment because you are attempting to correct the behaviour through a means the dog will not like.
Taking a toy away from a child who is acting up in class is negative punishment.
Telling a guy at work he's doing a good job when he's clearly trying his best is positive reinforcement.
I don't think it's that difficult of a concept :shrug:

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

yo rear end is grass posted:

People who constantly point out mistakes their coworkers have made, rather than focusing on the right things they've done. For example, I work with a guy who is still fairly new in the kitchen, and every single time he makes a mistake he seems to get a barrage of people calling him an idiot. But the dude is trying his best, and more often than not gets everything correct. However, I personally have noticed him making more and more mistakes as the days go by, causing him to get yelled at more. It's almost like if you make a person think they're only going to gently caress up, they're going to gently caress up. I try to tell him "great job" after every dinner rush, but I'm worried it's not going to be enough after a while.

This reminds me of the mid to late parts of my painting apprenticeship.

When you're at the point where you can leave a good result but because you're still an apprentice, people want to impart their own way of doing things.

Normally you adopt your masters style or a similar style. Then a different journeyman will show up and correct the style you're using with their style. So you can spend day after day being constantly corrected by different people. While at the same time the results of the work is good.

It really gnaws at the confidence. Usually the only way to get away from it is to start at a new company after finishing your journeyman test.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

People who constantly point out mistakes their coworkers have made, rather than focusing on the right things they've done.

If my co-workers hadn't pointed out all the mistakes I'd made I would never have learned anything. Positive reinforcement is a myth perpetuated by bad people.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Jerry Cotton posted:

If my co-workers hadn't pointed out all the mistakes I'd made I would never have learned anything. Positive reinforcement is a myth perpetuated by bad people.

This is dumb as poo poo, here's hoping you post better in future

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

it's purely projection of their own insecurity

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

In a kitchen atmosphere it's really dumb and people only do it because Gordon Ramsey and Anthony Bourdain glorified it. Chefs who think they have to act like they're angry TV celebrities suck and negatively impact the kitchen under them til they're left with the only people asaholeish and misanthropic enough to stay. It's dumb and unnecessary.

There are team jobs way more high stress than restaurant work that don't feel the need to treat everyone like poo poo because they don't have that dumb archetype built up around them

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Catberry posted:

This reminds me of the mid to late parts of my painting apprenticeship.

When you're at the point where you can leave a good result but because you're still an apprentice, people want to impart their own way of doing things.

Normally you adopt your masters style or a similar style. Then a different journeyman will show up and correct the style you're using with their style. So you can spend day after day being constantly corrected by different people. While at the same time the results of the work is good.

It really gnaws at the confidence. Usually the only way to get away from it is to start at a new company after finishing your journeyman test.

Man that nails it on the head. I got a job at a machine shop four years ago and the number of people who try and tell me the only correct way to do this all the god damned time gets a little old. I'm diplomatic about it and always listen to what they have to say because there are a lot of very experienced machinists there with a wealth of knowledge but Jesus wept I think I can put a hole on location at this point.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

People who constantly point out mistakes their coworkers have made, rather than focusing on the right things they've done. For example, I work with a guy who is still fairly new in the kitchen, and every single time he makes a mistake he seems to get a barrage of people calling him an idiot. But the dude is trying his best, and more often than not gets everything correct.

Aesop Poprock posted:

In a kitchen atmosphere it's really dumb and people only do it because Gordon Ramsey and Anthony Bourdain glorified it. Chefs who think they have to act like they're angry TV celebrities suck and negatively impact the kitchen under them til they're left with the only people asaholeish and misanthropic enough to stay. It's dumb and unnecessary.

There are team jobs way more high stress than restaurant work that don't feel the need to treat everyone like poo poo because they don't have that dumb archetype built up around them

In a kitchen atmosphere if some idiot is loving up I will most assuredly let them know immediately. I won't call them an idiot, the first time, but mistakes need to be addressed and corrected, especially in an environment where the job is constant repetition and the goal is the flawless reproduction of various dishes; mistakes that are not addressed become bad habits very quickly. And then the idiot with low self esteem gets fired because he always fucks up, rather than feeling a little down for a little while, but learning what he should be doing and fixing the mistake.

That's not to say I'm yelling at people all the time, I actually tend to be very tactful in the kitchen, at least the first couple of times I need to talk to somebody. I like to make people I've talked to feel like they are learning to make badass food correctly and that's cool and fun, not focus on the gently caress up. But if someone is working slowly, in a dangerous manner, or using improper technique I will immediately bring it up and correct the behavior in the moment. I'll say nice job to people a handful of times every day, if they are going above and beyond, but doing your job correctly is the reason you are paid, and and we send you a thank you note for doing your job right every other Friday. Not addressing something that is being done wrong because sometimes some things are done right is loving asinine. I don't care if you are a 90% perfect employee in the kitchen, that other 10% is what needs to be addressed and change.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom posted:

In a kitchen atmosphere if some idiot is loving up I will most assuredly let them know immediately. I won't call them an idiot, the first time, but mistakes need to be addressed and corrected, especially in an environment where the job is constant repetition and the goal is the flawless reproduction of various dishes; mistakes that are not addressed become bad habits very quickly. And then the idiot with low self esteem gets fired because he always fucks up, rather than feeling a little down for a little while, but learning what he should be doing and fixing the mistake.

That's not to say I'm yelling at people all the time, I actually tend to be very tactful in the kitchen, at least the first couple of times I need to talk to somebody. I like to make people I've talked to feel like they are learning to make badass food correctly and that's cool and fun, not focus on the gently caress up. But if someone is working slowly, in a dangerous manner, or using improper technique I will immediately bring it up and correct the behavior in the moment. I'll say nice job to people a handful of times every day, if they are going above and beyond, but doing your job correctly is the reason you are paid, and and we send you a thank you note for doing your job right every other Friday. Not addressing something that is being done wrong because sometimes some things are done right is loving asinine. I don't care if you are a 90% perfect employee in the kitchen, that other 10% is what needs to be addressed and change.

I'm not arguing against correcting people who are doing stuff incorrectly, just against where that leads some restaurants into becoming toxic work environment hell holes because "that's the way it has to be". It's not. There's no reason for an entire kitchen to dump on the new guy like it's some sort of hazing ritual, cause new people are gonna gently caress up. I'm not saying they should be coddled but you shouldn't be sending people home feeling like poo poo every night because that's somehow how you've come to view cooking culture

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
At my work, I trained a guy named Z. He was all right, worst thing was he would always forget his seat belt. So he moved up in the company to become a trainer. And now all new hires ride with him for a few days. And if you survive it, every single one of them has had complaints. Because Z didn't take my attitude of "hey, as long as it isn't gonna hurt anyone, or break a law, it's probably fine" approach, but does the passive-aggressive deal and keeps asking the new hires if they are SURE they are right and if they REALLY think they can do the job. Hence everyone hates him, and most are surprised when they find out how I trained him. Because rear end in a top hat is all nitpicky and nasty to them, but to the person who trained him, he's pretty nice. WTF Z.

Working on an rpg with a friend. We get the basic stuff down...and then when we actually have the game in play, she announces she wants to move past whatever campaign/plot point is happening because she's 'not in the mood for this right now.' Well, fair enough, but when you help me WRITE THE loving THING, why do you include XYZ poo poo, and then when the game is on with players, you decide you're not in the mood for a sidequest/major battle/anything in particular because you had some new idea about next week's play?

Everyone has off days, but gently caress it, if you're going to want to skip past half of the drat thing, what's the point? Especially poo poo she specifically wanted to do!

Related to that, when someone has to constantly remind you of X. Case in point, above, friend has had a blister on her foot, that got infected, for about a month now. Okay, go to the doctor, get the cream, get it popped, whatever. No one needs to hear about this poo poo every loving day! When the cashier asks how you are doing, do not go into loving detail about your loving foot! Nobody cares after the first few days! And you don't get to use that excuse that your foot hurts every loving time someone asks you to do something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Aesop Poprock posted:

I'm not arguing against correcting people who are doing stuff incorrectly, just against where that leads some restaurants into becoming toxic work environment hell holes because "that's the way it has to be". It's not. There's no reason for an entire kitchen to dump on the new guy like it's some sort of hazing ritual, cause new people are gonna gently caress up. I'm not saying they should be coddled but you shouldn't be sending people home feeling like poo poo every night because that's somehow how you've come to view cooking culture

There's a reason why only the desperate and/or insane go into cooking.

Minimum-to-slightly-more-than-minimum wages and high stress, and treated contemptuously as little more than slaves "who don't have good jobs*".

* = Office dwelling jobs.

• Locked thread