Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Frankston posted:

Jinder will win by DQ thereby not winning the belt, hth

How are they booking a match where the babyface gets DQd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bradzilla posted:

How are they booking a match where the babyface gets DQd

i dont think that's what they're doing but randy orton going on a rampage and beating up jinder and the boyz with weapons would be both in character and get a big pop

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Randy has a history of getting DQd in title matches in Chicago, at MITB 2011 he lost the belt to Christian via dick kick

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Styles is now favored

Would be the third time that belt's changed hands in just a month

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AJ should be back in the world title picture, not loving around with the US belt

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Benne posted:

AJ should be back in the world title picture, not loving around with the US belt

don't worry, I'm sure he'll drop the belt to Jinder in an angle that definitely won't be uncomfortably jingoistic

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

abraham linksys posted:

don't worry, I'm sure he'll drop the belt to Jinder in an angle that definitely won't be uncomfortably jingoistic

dont bingo the jingo

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
US title is the one where a dq makes sense

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jinder -245
The Usos -600
Owens -180
Team Natalya -1350
Nakamura -3600
Zayn -150
Harper -460

Gonna be a long night of gently caress finishes huh

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
None of it appears to be smart money otherwise the odds would be way longer, but if the results hold, it should be an interesting night.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Currently:

Welcoming Committee -1,350
The Usos -600
Luke Harper -530
Kevin Owens -265
Jinder Mahal -210
Sami Zayn -190

Guessing that Jinder will win by DQ and MITB will have a triple threat b/w Jinder, Randy and Rusev

Venomous fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 22, 2017

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Of course house show lineups aren't gospel, but The New Day are advertised for a house show here this Sunday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

New Day coming back Tuesday according to PWInsider

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They're also saying the Drifter makes his in-ring Raw debut tonight

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

This! This will spike the ratings!

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Curt Hawkins' Star Factory

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I liked the Drifter better when he wasn't actually wrestling

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

New Day coming back Tuesday according to PWInsider

Having Tyler Breeze and Fandango getting TV time was fun while it lasted

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

Having Tyler Breeze and Fandango getting TV time was fun while it lasted

lol if you thought they were getting anything more than a filler feud push

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ciampa came out on crutches, said he knew he was hurt before Takeover, knew he aggravated what he had, and refused to let Gargano replace him. Everyone's on notice when he comes back

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
The most important update from the tapings. https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/867899069556862976

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Jeet Rama over Chris Silvio in the opening dark match of the evening.
Tyler Bate over Steve Cutler, possibly another dark match.
Tommaso Ciampa comes out on crutches and invites Johnny Gargano to the ring so he can explain things to him... but he’s not here. Ciampa continues, cutting a promo about how when he got hurt he vowed to fight on but became an afterthought in the eyes of the fans, who started dreaming up replacement partners for Johnny. (Turns out I was the problem the entire time, folks, my sincerest apologies!) When the match was over he knew he was hurt and going to go away to heal up, so in that moment he made the decision, because of the fans and because of Gargano, that if he had to go away, so did Johnny. Ciampa promises that when he returns, he’ll be the most dangerous man in pro wrestling.
Pete Dunne over Danny Burch. After the match, Peter cuts a promo about having to watch “some boy” carry what was rightfully his these last few months.
Cezar Bononi over Andrade “Cien” Almas.
Kassius Ohno & Roderick Strong vs. SAnitY (Alexander Wolfe & Eric Young). It’s unclear how the match ends but No Way Jose makes his return to help the babyfaces run SAnitY off!
Dana Warrior comes out to give an award to a local teacher for her charity work.
Heavy Machinery (Otis Dozovic & Tucker Knight) over Lars Sullivan & ???. Lars (formerly known as Dylan Miley) does the deal where he snaps and turns on his partner after the loss.
Peyton Royce over Sarah Logan, which is “Crazy” Mary Dobson’s new ringname.
Hideo Itami vs. Oney Lorcan ends in a no-contest when Itami refuses to finish Lorcan after three Go 2 Sleeps and Kassius Ohno runs down for the save, shoving Itami down.
Killian Dain over No Way Jose. Dain has a remix of SAnitY’s theme as a new theme song.
Roderick Strong comes down to cut a promo, talking about how it’s not Roddy vs. the World anymore, now it’s Roddy, Marina, and Troy vs. the world, and he’s coming for the NXT Championship.
This brings Bobby Roode down, mock crying. Roode says Roddy has a lot going for him— he’s winning matches (finally), he’s got a marginally hot fiancee, but he’ll have to earn a title shot. But really he should stay in his lane and not try to play the Bobby Roode lottery, because he’s just not man enough.
Drew McIntyre over Rob Ryzin.
Ember Moon over Peyton Royce.

Andrade losing to a guy who got squashed by Black :psyduck:

Also Itami heel turn confirmed

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're still doing a thing where he's a hard partyer who doesn't train or take things seriously.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Knowing past spoilers, for all we know the entire face roster could've come down and beat up Almas before losing, and it would've just been summed up as "Almas lost to some schmuck"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Ongoing right now:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/867914331404554244

Pretty sure Asuka will retain though.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
heel ciampa and heel itami :suspense:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thank you for continuing to give Rush no reason to jump during a week where he's probably peeved at CMLL. You are the best, racist WWE.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/867918255331082240

Wasn't the finish I was expecting, but hey. (Riot was eliminated earlier)

e: https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/867918626338340864

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/867918858283364357

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/867919428796772352

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 26, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I assume they're building to a Falls Count Anywhere blowoff?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
^^^I assume so, as a filler feud until Asuka vs Moon at Brooklyn III.

Also:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/867921031876489216

:siren: https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/867924437127004160 :siren:

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 26, 2017

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

oh my that'll be fun

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

might have to see this poo poo

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Black defeated Ohno. That should be it for tapings tonight.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
A friend who knows a lot of Joshi personally just told me two more interesting names that were contacted for the Women's tournament, but probably won't attend. (They rhyme with Hiro and Mahada) for different reasons. I'd love to have seen bare minimum Makoto making it to NXT though, since her gimmick for the past 10 years has been "I want to be a WWE Diva).

Although no matter how big it is, just locking in Shirai, LaRae, and Hojo is pretty huge in itself, they're just as big as Ibushi/ZSJ/Tozawa were for the CWC

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If I recall, Dave's said that Shirai won't be in the tournament, as she has yet to leave STARDOM, and the only indication she is getting ready to leave (per STARDOM officially) is her stepping down as head coach/trainer.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DarkstarIV posted:

If I recall, Dave's said that Shirai won't be in the tournament, as she has yet to leave STARDOM, and the only indication she is getting ready to leave (per STARDOM officially) is her stepping down as head coach/trainer.
The great thing about the tournament is that it will finally give some legitimate competition to Asuka, her title run has been fine but it's almost entirely a lack of legitimate opponents over her just being a dominant type

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RealFoxy posted:

The great thing about the tournament is that it will finally give some legitimate competition to Asuka, her title run has been fine but it's almost entirely a lack of legitimate opponents over her just being a dominant type

That's more of a problem with them not building contenders credibly. Or even booking one of those 3 or 4-way matches to have one challenger pin another without her involved.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

That's more of a problem with them not building contenders credibly. Or even booking one of those 3 or 4-way matches to have one challenger pin another without her involved.

It's a problem with them not really having anyone good left.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Toni is the best

https://twitter.com/ShirleighShirlz/status/868938421988982784

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sonjay Dutt won the X division title at today's Mumbai TNA taping