Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tom Cruise alone will carry The Mummy into ok to good numbers and they'll keep pumping them out. Should they slip they can go for the Hail Mary and tie them to Fast & Furious. That's Universal too, right?

You joke but it's either this or F&F in space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

morestuff posted:

They went that route with the Dracula movie that everybody hated. It made a lot overseas so they still probably did well, but if your only goal is to make money going big is probably the better play.

Dracula Untold? That had a budget of like 70 million and was pretty much purely an action film with some horror elements.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 22, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dillbag posted:

Which would own? So why would we not want that?

I haven't seen a lot of the F&F movies yet, have they done one yet where it's like all boats?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dillbag posted:

I don't think there's a single person on earth who wouldn't want to watch The Fast and the Furious vs Aliens

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

CharlestheHammer posted:

She isn't very good at acting so yeah.

Most critics on twitter (if not all) praised her acting in WW. In particular how charming she comes off, and her on-screen chemistry with Chris Pine. Not sure if I could find a negative reaction to Gal's acting in WW on social media tbh. She upped her game.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Universal's "Dark Universe" (that's what it's actually called) got a trailer, too. What if those original monster movies all got a modern trailer with typical trailer music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8OQVsu_FoY

It's so loving dumb.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Universal's "Dark Universe" (that's what it's actually called) got a trailer, too. What if those original monster movies all got a modern trailer with typical trailer music?

It's so loving dumb.

This is so bad. I couldn't make it 30 secs

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That trailer mostly serves to remind you how rad the classic Universal monster films were and get you to wish they were aiming for something similar instead of "Action blockbuster with the superheroes replaced by monsters"-thing they seem to be going for.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

It's so loving dumb.
I dunno, taken on its own, and without much knowledge of their new plans, I thought that was a pretty nice trailer. Also a bit neat to make a trailer for a new thing using only footage from old things, in my opinion.

But of course the new films will probably be trash. This does make me want to binge the classics though.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I will gladly take, 1000 times over, a "classic monsters" universe over the comic book universes any day of the week and no matter how bad.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BonoMan posted:

I will gladly take, 1000 times over, a "classic monsters" universe over the comic book universes any day of the week and no matter how bad.

It won't be "classic".

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Improbable Lobster posted:

It won't be "classic".

The Mummy, Bride for Frankenstein, Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Wolfman... are all classics.

edit: I guess you might be trying to say, in the most fedoran way, that because they are new movies they won't be seen as "classics."

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 23, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BonoMan posted:

The Mummy, Bride for Frankenstein, Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Wolfman... are all classics.

edit: I guess you might be trying to say, in the most fedoran way, that because they are new movies they won't be seen as "classics."

They'll be modern takes on the classic monsters that bear no resemblance to the original films. Also gently caress off, not being excited for another cinematic universe isn't a fedora thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BonoMan posted:

Batman and Superman have their cinematic debuts before Creature from the Black Lagoon.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

rawillkill posted:

That last one is a fake poster that was made for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. This is what Nathan Fillion's cameo amounted to.

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/posts/10154248550196157:0

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
BAD NEWS JACKPOT might be one of my favorite subtitles ever.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

They're no Scott Pilgrim fake posters.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Even though it's fake I cringed for real at the tagline.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Fillion would be a perfect Wonder Man to be honest.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Improbable Lobster posted:

They'll be modern takes on the classic monsters that bear no resemblance to the original films. Also gently caress off, not being excited for another cinematic universe isn't a fedora thing.

No but trying to be cute with your comment was.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They look ridiculous

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Vegetable posted:

They look ridiculous

Boobplate always looks ridiculous :rolleyes:

EDIT: I would have preferred something like this:

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 23, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Robin Wright owns.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Technically Wonder Woman's strength is a gift from the gods. So she's magically strong, she never has to work out or build muscle, and it's actually arguable that she would never be able to build muscle. When Wonder Woman lifts a weight, the god magic does all the work, her muscles are never under strain.

Glad to see DC thinking things through like that

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

She's gonna cut off her fingers if she's not careful. :ohdear:

edit: Seriously, why are there so many boring posters for this one film? What's wrong with there just being a single mediocre poster.

And More fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 23, 2017

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Holy poo poo this is freaking hilarious.

Now I want Nathan Fillion in Toxie 5.

e: Poster for a new Larry Cohen documentary coming out, trailer's posted in the trailers thread if you're interested.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 23, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Glazier posted:

Boobplate always looks ridiculous :rolleyes:

EDIT: I would have preferred something like this:

That looks dumb.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Guy Goodbody posted:

I saw an extended trailer that made it look like the plot of The Mummy is going to be Tom Cruise teams up with Dr. Jekyll to fight the Mummy, but then Jekyll goes all Hyde and Tom Cruise has to team up with the Mummy to fight him

And if that's the case, I'm on board.

If you're right that would be pretty great

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Aphrodite posted:

That looks dumb.

Sorry about your poor taste

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Glazier posted:

Sorry about your poor taste

And maybe yours too? Not everything is accepted by all sides.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Opinions for everyone! I quite like that WW design. I am biased though, because I really love Cliff Chiang's art.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
The only Wonder Woman poster I've liked is that dumb anime one

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Okay?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Using the comedy font for a survival horror movie, bad form.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Daniel Craig and "Do not show emotion" right there on the poster, perfect

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In case you never heard of it, The Invasion is a Body Snatchers remake, except the aliens are microscopic organisms and I recall it having a happy ending

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Wow, Mandy Moore is still around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Faizon Love is still alive?

Oh wait, it was the fat dude from the Miller High Life commercials that died.