Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I think SHIN Kuroto is probably my favorite Toku character in like the past decade. Oh my god, his smug bastard look when he emerged from the Continue Pipe. I think I have a crush lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/kinonenosiitake/status/865155613302464512

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I like how Heisei Generations proves without a doubt that everyone in Ghost is loving useless. Alain and Makoto accomplish nothing and get destroyed in fights of which Hiiro, Taiga and Kiriya come out perfectly fine, despite only being Level 3s by this point. Takeru gets completely destroyed even in Infinite, while the other returning Riders have a massive advantage in combat even in their mid-tier forms (Dead Heat/Formula, Flame Dragon/All Dragon, Jinba Lemon/Triumph, hell, even Emu in Mighty Brothers XX) and needs an out of nowhere Eyecon to save his rear end...and even with it, he dies. Again.

And yet, Takeru was actually neccesary because only ghosts can defeat Pac-Man. Or Smash Brothers, but despite that having Namco-Bandai's hands in it too, we're not getting that Gashat.

I'm surprised how well Kouta's lines were used, he still feels horribly out of place and blatantly didn't have his actor but his lines fit the scenes they're used in. He feels forced mostly because no one ever calls him by name, which is awkward, but Shinnosuke fully remembering the guy is a God was neat. I'd like to know why he had Banana though, but I guess he could get any Lockseed he wants considering he's the God of a Helheim world.

Overall it was an enjoyable movie. Seeing Shinnosuke back always makes me happy and he had cool scenes even without being able to transform until late. In fact, especially because of it, it let them show just how driven he is as a policeman. He truly is a hero, powers or not. Takeru...is still blander than a plain sugar donut, but at least he's mostly inoffensive when he isn't the protagonist. And talking about those, Haruto was actually kind of likable here, he thought things through pretty well and his villain impersonation wasn't terrible. He also had a minor role, so that helped too.

That said, wow, I did not remember how slapstick early Ex-Aid was. That series sure changed a lot once the opening stopped being used. Seeing Kiriya again made me happy, but I definitely prefer not having the rather forced gags like Emu tripping with nothing.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I like how Heisei Generations proves without a doubt that everyone in Ghost is loving useless. Alain and Makoto accomplish nothing and get destroyed in fights of which Hiiro, Taiga and Kiriya come out perfectly fine, despite only being Level 3s by this point. Takeru gets completely destroyed even in Infinite, while the other returning Riders have a massive advantage in combat even in their mid-tier forms (Dead Heat/Formula, Flame Dragon/All Dragon, Jinba Lemon/Triumph, hell, even Emu in Mighty Brothers XX) and needs an out of nowhere Eyecon to save his rear end...and even with it, he dies. Again.

And yet, Takeru was actually neccesary because only ghosts can defeat Pac-Man. Or Smash Brothers, but despite that having Namco-Bandai's hands in it too, we're not getting that Gashat.

I'm surprised how well Kouta's lines were used, he still feels horribly out of place and blatantly didn't have his actor but his lines fit the scenes they're used in. He feels forced mostly because no one ever calls him by name, which is awkward, but Shinnosuke fully remembering the guy is a God was neat. I'd like to know why he had Banana though, but I guess he could get any Lockseed he wants considering he's the God of a Helheim world.

Overall it was an enjoyable movie. Seeing Shinnosuke back always makes me happy and he had cool scenes even without being able to transform until late. In fact, especially because of it, it let them show just how driven he is as a policeman. He truly is a hero, powers or not. Takeru...is still blander than a plain sugar donut, but at least he's mostly inoffensive when he isn't the protagonist. And talking about those, Haruto was actually kind of likable here, he thought things through pretty well and his villain impersonation wasn't terrible. He also had a minor role, so that helped too.

That said, wow, I did not remember how slapstick early Ex-Aid was. That series sure changed a lot once the opening stopped being used. Seeing Kiriya again made me happy, but I definitely prefer not having the rather forced gags like Emu tripping with nothing.

I'm not really a Drive fan, but yeah, this movie was amazing for me for how profoundly inept the Ghost Riders were. The Ex-Aid bits were really good. Also amusingly enough, if you follow the chronology, Dan got to study the Ghost eyecon the week before Dangerous Zombie showed up in the show... And then in the Gemn special he gets a Gambarizing gashat and down the line impersonates Blade. Also, these films tendency to get filmed before the series was really apparent here - see the bizarre idea of putting a voice filter over all of Poppy's lines in Poppy form. Also, see the different Gashat design for Mighty Brothers XX and the halves being different color. And given recent Ex-Aid, that bit was clearly Parad just hijacking Emu to save him. I also agree that Haruto's role was pretty great.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm glad that one is finally out, I had a blast watching it in theatres and look forward to understanding all of it when I re-watch it. Even though my feelings on Wizard have grown a bit more negative since the series ended, it was still hype as hell hearing his theme start when he walked into the scene. The Mighty Brothers scene was also cool as hell, and I agree with ^the Captain's take on it.

It won't happen, but I do wish they would quit with the movie and series having two different events resulting in the same power-up though. It happened with Ghost and now Ex-Aid and it just kinda sucks after shows like Double and Fourze proved the movies and the shows are capable of complementing each other rather than forced into separate canons or whatever. I know it ultimately doesn't matter, and Ex-Aid is better in that they reference the movie events in the series even if they ignore the power-up, but it just annoys me for whatever reason.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

It won't happen, but I do wish they would quit with the movie and series having two different events resulting in the same power-up though. It happened with Ghost and now Ex-Aid and it just kinda sucks after shows like Double and Fourze proved the movies and the shows are capable of complementing each other rather than forced into separate canons or whatever. I know it ultimately doesn't matter, and Ex-Aid is better in that they reference the movie events in the series even if they ignore the power-up, but it just annoys me for whatever reason.

I can kinda reconcile this power up as none of the Doctor Riders were around to see it, Parad wiped Emu's memory of it, and he seemed to have an idea of where handing Emu the blank gashat in the later introduction of it proper would cause, and he definitely wanted Mighty Brothers to happen. It's at least close enough to working I can just roll with it.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I was under the distinct impression that the writer didn't know what to do about Alain and siscon, so he just had them jobbing in the background.

Also I am slightly peeved that Poppy had to get that dumb voice filter, but Parad didn't. Good thing that didn't carry over to the show.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ignis posted:

I was under the distinct impression that the writer didn't know what to do about Alain and siscon, so he just had them jobbing in the background.

You say this as if they did anything else in their own series after becoming good.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blaze Dragon posted:

You say this as if they did anything else in their own series after becoming good.

Alain was the worst imo because he lost all of his completely rad powers after returning to his meat body.

Aside: I am still so very pleased with Dan Kuroto's arc. SHIN Kuroto. I appreciate that he's still a motherfucker and everybody hates him, but also he loves his momma.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

deadly_pudding posted:

Aside: I am still so very pleased with Dan Kuroto's arc. SHIN Kuroto. I appreciate that he's still a motherfucker and everybody hates him, but also he loves his momma.

Dan's is one of the most bizarre takes on the Rider Moment I've seen so far.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tatsuya Nomi, the actor who portrayed Shishiranger in Dairanger, has passed at the age of 47.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Waffleman_ posted:

Tatsuya Nomi, the actor who portrayed Shishiranger in Dairanger, has passed at the age of 47.
I never watched Dairanger, but 47 is way too young. Have they said what did it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Not that I know of, no.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Daigo :(

It was always so neat that the Dairanger crew would get together once a year for drinks and they could still do their henshin poses, they all seemed like such a close bunch of friends.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

I never watched Dairanger, but 47 is way too young. Have they said what did it?

According to a tweet from the actor's brother it was apparently suicide. Poor guy, Daigo was one of my favorites from that team :(.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 22, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
This weeks Ex-Aid holy gently caress! That kick :eyepop:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hey, is there any news on Ultraman Dyna getting subbed? Asking for a friend who just finished Tiga.

On my end I'm going to finish UltraSeven today - got caught by the marathon bug and I've been zipping through it, skimming some episodes but watching most of them.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So on Amazon this week

Woo, I was right. Daddy Jin is here and is as badass as ever.

No news on Dyna yet. Crunchyroll might pick it up though so keep an eye out there.

Any stand out episodes on UltraSeven to you, Strix?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Burkion posted:

No news on Dyna yet. Crunchyroll might pick it up though so keep an eye out there.

Any stand out episodes on UltraSeven to you, Strix?

Fingers crossed on Crunchyroll, thanks.

As for U7....mm. The one with the dead shadow boys was legitimately creepy until they stuck Seven into a cup, which had me laughing. Same with the episode where he had to shrink down to go inside the girl, and the finale had him sticking his head out of a flower.

It's been a fantastic anthology of old-school weird sci-fi stories, and while I'm bummed that most of them boil down to "we're here to conquer the earth", it's been fun to watch the fights and monster designs and so on. The morals however, oof. So heavy-handed. The one about how they nuked a star just to show off how powerful humanity is? All the subtlety of a brick - and I mean, I can't knock the message, nor the delivery as it's a kid's show, but at the same time, oof. Yes we get it, building bigger missiles is bad, you might create Godzilla in the process.

Also Dan's an idiot who didn't speak up about the missile before they nuked that star - I don't know what he was thinking, but to protest about more of them after the disaster...? Dan, Dan, Dan....

More thoughts -

- The Stolen Ultra Eye episode was so frustrating to me because it didn't deal with Dan's secret identity at all. Somehow every alien in the galaxy knows who Seven is, but the humans just can't find out - and deliberately! It seems every other episode they're going "Dan! Where were you?" and he's all "uhhhh" - and they never pursue it! Or get suspicious! :sigh:
- The episode with the robot who ate cars was hilarious - great sets, doofy lookin' robot - up until I got annoyed at the humans watching the robot grab their cars...so they stayed in the car, so Seven had to rescue them before he could fight the robot.
- Planet 4 was really freaking creepy and Seven should've done more to help the people there.

In conclusion:

Ultra Seven died for our sins.

(and actually there are some interesting Christ parallels between Seven and Jesus/God, but I'll spare you that unless you really want to hear it)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Go ahead and talk about it if you'd like

For the record they were likely intentional. Tsuburaya was a Catholic I believe- at the very least he was a Christian.

Also yes the morals are very heavy handed, though that one about the missiles was even harsher than you seem to realize. Because that was the one that was basically the Cuban Missile Crisis, but from the unique perspective of Japan.

Effectively, Dan was Japan, the outsider with experience and knowledge on how bad that poo poo could get, but unsure how to speak up or how to be listened to. His friends were the US, and Starbem was the Soviets.

But yeah, they pretty much have to be heavy handed because it was the 60s and being coy about this kind of stuff was not going to work. Especially in Japan.

One mistake you keep making though- this was not a kids show. As in, this was not produced for children. This was made for general audiences, families. That's why it was able to have the messages it had, in fact. It aired at prime time and drew in quite the amount of ratings. It's not exactly fair to compare after a little while, but it is one of the biggest ratings draws in Toku, with only the original out doing it consistently.

And with Planet 4, that's the sad thing. There was nothing more for him to do. He had liberated the people, remember the robot super mind was in that building he completely smashed, but there was nothing much else he could do. The human race of that planet were dying out, and he had to get back to Earth.

What did you think of the True Humans?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Oh! Ohhhhh that makes some episodes a lot clearer. A family show ala Star Trek, with morals so blunt you can't miss 'em - which you need. I'm reminded of that TOS episode where there was a planet of white people who hated the planet of black people, and there was one guy who was half white and half black - something like that. You can see the moral coming a mile away, but, well, 60s. (And it's still relevant today.)

As for the True Humans - you mean the underwater people who were all "we were here first"? ... kind of eerily close to America and native Americans now. The native Americans were here first, but now we're here and so entrenched that you can't get rid of us without violence - but violence is wrong. And we're not making coexistence easy. So it's a tough situation.

Okay, the Christ parallels - the whole idea is, UltraSeven is there to help protect humanity, and help shepherd it as it matures and becomes completely capable of protecting itself from alien menaces responsibly. Seven can single-handedly handle most of the problems they run into (not counting the 50+ aliens who show up ready to disable Seven because everyone knows who his secret identity and weaknesses are, but y'know) but he wants the Ultra Guard to do it instead - let them learn and become stronger and self-sufficient, so he doesn't have to step in.

So time to haul in Christianity - the idea is, God knows humans are flawed beings, and while He could magically make us all good and give us perfect lives and so on, instead He wants us to learn and grow as a species - He wants us to choose to become good people who do the right thing, etc etc. To help us along Jesus came down to suffer for our sins (and thus remove the burden of original sin) as well as teach and guide us along the right path. So like Seven, we've had help and guidance, but we're supposed to grow into being the best humans we can possibly be - just as the Ultra Guard is supposed to grow into becoming the best defense force it can.

Which is an interesting angle to see in a toku show, as well as a nice narrative conceit to explain why Seven bothers with working with the Ultra Guard and being Dan.

(Also to be clear I'm an atheist, but was raised Methodist and know a whole lot about Jesus)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This will become ever more apparent when you get to the finale, which may be my favorite finale of any toku series. The only flaws with it really are how old it is.

Even better to keep in mind is that this was it for UltraSeven, when you get to the ending. I'll spoil this part

People watching, people who loved the show and loved the hero, were left in question for literally years about if he survived or not. 1968 to 1971. If he would return, or if he wasn't able to make it back to his home world. The only hope left for him was that of the faith of Anne, and the rest of humanity he had befriended along the way. Literally his only hope was prayer. And boy would he return. Oh boy.

The fun thing about the Original Humanity episode is that it really does leave Dan wondering if humanity is worth protecting. There's no easy answer, there's no cop out, and unlike with the Pegasas aliens, there are no survivors. A similar thing happened before, with the robots that worked underground, only Dan was too preoccupied to really question what was going on there.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Watching the last episode before the two-part finale, so I'm real close! Marathoning my way to the end tonight as I've got nothing else going on. :D

I'll mouse over your spoiler when I'm done, so hold on tight~

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It

Might be the biggest finale in tokusatsu. Like, what actually happens in it. I can't think of another one that has quite as...big an event go down. That doesn't undo it afterwards anyways. You'll see it when it happens.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:stare:

Not done watching yet but I did not expect the aliens to just go ahead and blow up a bunch of major cities like that.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah for the record

All those people? Dead. There's no "we saved them at the last minute to be slaves" nor is there a reset button.

All those people are dead and done. A good chunk of the population of Earth has been eradicated, and several major world powers likely just took a hit into Third World Nation territory.

It's as close to a Society Ending Event that Tokusatsu has ever gotten to and explored.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

In conclusion: UltraSeven sure was an interesting show. A good anthology of weird sci-fi, and what a finale. Was not expecting it to go the way it did.

I do have to say that I'm both mad and satisfied - if Dan had been a better communicator - had trusted his crew with his secret identity, and fought the enemy together with them - he may not have destroyed himself in the process, or let Amagi get captured, or or or....

But that's Dan. He did his best, but he's also an idiot. A well-meaning idiot of a hero.

Good show. I'm probably going to do the Return of Ultraman next, or jump ahead to Gaia, or I don't know. I need to finish Agito on the KR side, and I'm watching Bioman on the Sentai side, so... all the toku in the world to watch, and I'm done with one of the classics. :D

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The main thing is, he couldn't really let them know. Though Anne pretty much knew anyways as she admitted.

Anne and Dan are one of the best romantic couples in all of tokustasu. If not my favorite. Though to be fair, there aren't very many of those.

Return of Ultraman has some really nice subs if you found the release I think you did- they're not perfect, but then neither were the Shout Factory Seven subs. But it's going to be a bit of a shock to the system I think, because it's way more like Ultraman than it is Seven, for obvious reasons.

There's a nice bit of character development across the opening episodes, up to the first two parter, and the second half of the series isn't as great, but it has a really strong start for a 70s Ultra series.

I do seriously recommend looking forward to Ultraman Nexus though if you get a chance. Gaia is fun but it's...a very flawed show. Which makes me sad to say because I adore the monsters and the designs of that show.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I don't see why Dan couldn't have told them! He's obviously proved himself as a friend to humanity, and considering the level of threat - it just feels like he handled it really poorly. And I don't buy Dan/Anne, as he repeatedly went out of his way to shove her and not respect her and hrrrrrr he's kind of a jerk.

But that's all personal taste. I am looking forward to something zanier as a break from how dark Agito and Seven have been - although not as zany as Ex-Aid or Kyuranger.

Anyways - I'll report back on what I think of whatever I do next, but right now I need to digest what I saw. (Can you imagine how well that finale might've gone if Dan had trusted his crew and let someone else do his job in the guard - shot down that alien ship in the beginning, or been on night watch - all kinds of dumb things could've been avoided if he had taken better care of himself.)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Mebius shows exactly why they keep a secret identity, actually.

Mebius in general is about exploring the bond of humanity and Ultraman, actually.

Heisei UltraSeven also explores what comes next in a world that knows Dan is UltraSeven.

To sum it up though I can tell you the gist of it- Dan would be set apart from humanity. Sure, he'd work with them and be their friend and trusted ally, but he also morally would not be able to keep doing what he had been doing.

An element you gleamed with UltraSeven, that is first set up in Ultraman and seen to its natural conclusion, is that he is trying to help humanity, but not coddle them. He wants humanity to embrace their potential and join him in the sun, to stand on their own two feet and walk head first into the greatness of space and beyond.

They can't do that if they have a virtual God on their side solving every crisis for them. As Dan Moroboshi, he can fight for them as a human. He can suffer for them as a human. He only transforms when his own life is at risk, or if the situation has grown beyond what humanity can handle.

He works for the government, and even as a much nicer group than what we had at the time, they're still the government. He is a military officer as Dan Moroboshi- but he cannot be one as UltraSeven. The moment they know who and what he truly is, is the moment he can no longer help them as he has been. They will expect him to help them more, expect him to aid them in what they want.

He also runs the risk of stifling them, of using his superior power to make them tow the line. Take the Starbem episode.

If UltraSeven, not Dan Moroboshi, asked the government to stop producing the super nukes, they would listen because he has the power to make them listen. Power a normal person does not and cannot have.

He can't just tell his friends because it's not a club of friendship and bullshit. It's a para military organization that encloses the world. They have superior officers, Generals, they answer to. To hide that knowledge would be to do so while knowing full well you are holding the authority of the world, the same one he is trying to respect and aid not take over for, in contempt.

In Heisei UltraSeven, Dan is actually sought by the military due to who and what he is. In the final 99 movie, he actively acts against them, tearing a prison apart to save some one while they helplessly open fire on him. He doesn't even react to their guns because of the sheer power difference between him and humanity.

Also the whole reason he has to shove Anne to the side is because she's trying to keep him from transforming for potentially one last time.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Burkion posted:

Return of Ultraman has some really nice subs if you found the release I think you did- they're not perfect, but then neither were the Shout Factory Seven subs. But it's going to be a bit of a shock to the system I think, because it's way more like Ultraman than it is Seven, for obvious reasons.

I winced when I saw "bootleg", but they're actually kinda decent? Clearly not great, but I've watched shows with worse. Watching ep 1 now and enjoying how it's opening with the grounds-eye view of a kaiju attack.

As for your giant post - I get it, I get this reasoning, and so it's less Dan is an idiot - but some of it still sits wrong with me, y'know? Dan was trying to protect himself/his ideals/his way of life over the planet, and in the end that literally cost the lives of billions. I know he didn't have a way of knowing that this time the aliens would be gigantic jerks, but....hrfff.

Food for thought. And for that, I'm really glad I saw Ultraseven.

e: I watch only the best toku subs, yessiree - "daijoubu-ka?"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Trust me, there are much worse subs out there.

Let me regale you with tales of Superman Black RX VS The Strongest Queer Guy some time

They're a hoot

EDIT: I am sorry, let me rephrase that. In fact, let me just quote myself from awhile ago

Burkion posted:

Black Superman Black RX has arrived! And with him stands

Black Superman V3!
Black Superman!
Black Superman (again!)
and yamaxun

But what force could possibly ever call forth such mighty Supermen of superior Blackness?

Strongest Queer Guy?!

STRONGEST QUEER GUY, JIfuckyoufuckyoufuckyou

This is

EXACTLY

the quality of the last few episodes of the HK RX subs. They honestly made the entire show worth it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

God bless toku :laffo:

also, re: these bootleg subs, how the hell do you mistranslate "ganbatte/ganbarre" as "screw up!" - Goh might die, subs! Be respectful of his attempts to survive!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Haruto why couldn't you have been this cool in your own series?

So yeah, I just watched Heisei Generations. I mostly enjoyed it, but a couple of things stick out to me. I'm guessing for ease of convenience and due to certain things (like Poppy's voice filter) that this was shot before the series itself was shot. It would also explain how Emu's acting seems...kinda off at parts. Also I don't know if it's my monitor or a makeup thing or what but everyone just looked sort of off. It's hard for me to put into words, their faces just looked a bit unusual.

But yeah as far as plot and everything goes it was fine. They did a good job revealing how Emu was the first Bugster victim without anyone relevant finding out, and of course they did a good job cutting off the flashback right before we see Parad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Paging Burkion

https://twitter.com/TokuNation/status/866771182120452096

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Figuarts love to show prototypes of toku heroes outside of their suits then never release them

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Twelve by Pies posted:

Haruto why couldn't you have been this cool in your own series?

So yeah, I just watched Heisei Generations. I mostly enjoyed it, but a couple of things stick out to me. I'm guessing for ease of convenience and due to certain things (like Poppy's voice filter) that this was shot before the series itself was shot. It would also explain how Emu's acting seems...kinda off at parts. Also I don't know if it's my monitor or a makeup thing or what but everyone just looked sort of off. It's hard for me to put into words, their faces just looked a bit unusual.

But yeah as far as plot and everything goes it was fine. They did a good job revealing how Emu was the first Bugster victim without anyone relevant finding out, and of course they did a good job cutting off the flashback right before we see Parad.

Yeah, Haruto ruled in this movie. I wish he was that much of an rear end in a top hat in his own show.

Amazons talk:
Chihiro is like a being composed of pure bad ideas. Do NOT take the dead girl back to her high school, friend.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

*Incoherent silent screaming*

RealFoxy posted:

Figuarts love to show prototypes of toku heroes outside of their suits then never release them

Do not take this from me I will not let you take this from me look they even gave him his accessories gently caress you we've gotten other Dan action figures before let me have this leave it be its fine its fine its fine its fine

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Send emails! This may well be an interest check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently it's a confirmed deal! Quoting the article

" Dan is set for an October release, seemingly at retail, for 6264 yen."

poo poo LIKE THIS

poo poo like this is why I keep going on about how popular UltraSeven is and how big he is over at Japan. All the Kamen Riders, all the Super Sentai, even the original Ultraman, none of them get their human hosts. UltraSeven? Well of course we'll just drop it on you! It's UltraSeven baby!

For the love of Christ if they reveal an Anne figure I don't even know what I'd say

• Locked thread