Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Paperhouse posted:

They have sunlight and nice parks in other places too

Sefton Park in Liverpool is the one so nice they based Central Park in New York on it.

I'll grand you that a cheeky spliff in Hyde Park before heckling speakers corner is really nice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alertrelic
Apr 18, 2008

Incredible the Tories thought debating Corbyn was too risky, and then made her face Andrew Neil. Great stuff.

If only sensible Owen Smith was Labour leader now. I'm sure the party would be 20 points ahead off the back of some cleverly targeted and realistic manifesto pledges.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

JFairfax posted:

the difference is the restaurant will make the pasta themselves.

i am going to get a pasta maker when I get back from holiday so I can make my own spaghetti and noodles

The ones that make their own pasta outside of London are still half the price.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Where the gently caress was this Corbyn for the last 2 years

https://twitter.com/LabourEoin/status/866232173216616448

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDr2oMFiJpU
still works

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

I love the sudden 'MOVING ON' tone in her voice as soon as he makes a comparison to her own job.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Holy shitballs

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jose posted:

Corbyn has been a shite leader but he's big on campaigning and labour should have had him out and about before now
He's out and about more than people realise (see: pre–Brexit) but the media often just ignores it.

Edit: Haha the look on his face at the end when he knows he's absolutely nailed her is great.

TACD fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 22, 2017

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
hes been going to rallies and delivering speeches to audiences all over the uk every week since he became party leader (and of course, from before then too)

you only really see mention of them in labour circles because the media is overly focused on westminster

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lovechop posted:

my main memory of 9/11 was that cardcaptor sakura was on cartoon network but i couldn't watch it because my dad was hogging the TV with some stupid plane thing

It was just called cardcaptors in the dub

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Pissflaps posted:

So we've got a horror show of a tory campaign. A Tory leader who is like a rabbit in the headlights. An unpopular Tory manifesto and botched u-turns. A press hostile to the Tories. They're loving it up big time.

This should be a walk in the park for labour.

Who or what will be blamed when the Tories win the election anyway?

And Labour have been gaining ground since the election was called. What the gently caress are you complaining about?

The Tory lead was a house of cards built on Brexit. Maybe the quote that will sum up this election will be "Easy come, easy go."

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

TheRat posted:

Holy shitballs

I don't have sound, can someone give me the gist?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The fuckers woke up Prezza. The fuckers are hosed!

https://twitter.com/Corbynator2/status/866764719021019136

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Maugrim posted:

I don't have sound, can someone give me the gist?

She presents an article from a labour magazine dated 1984 relating to IRAs attempt to assassinate Thatcher and ask if Corbyn was general secretary of the editorial board when it was written. He says no, he wasn't even a member, he just occasionally wrote for them. She says some dude's profile has him down as the general secretary, Corbyn says the dude is known for being incredibly inaccurate. She asks why Corbyn would write for the magazine if he disagreed with articles such as this. Corbyn says there are many papers he disagrees with, he even disagrees with some programs on her station, she might even disagree with them! But isnt that the point of journalism, to have an open debate? "Sometimes, listening to people you dont agree with does you good"

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

all aboard the battle bus with Prezza and Jezza

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm torn between wanting to warm my soul by the faint fire of Hope and wanting to remain appropriately pessimistic so I'm not totally cobbed during the results.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Backbench MP Jeremy Corbyn can now be held responsible for single-handedly preventing peace in Northern Ireland, as the Sun reports that 'without his support terrorist murders and torture would have ended much earlier'. All this time, and it turns out he was the key thing preventing the Catholics/Protestants and Republicans/Unionists from uniting and coming together in harmony.

This IRA poo poo really is all they've got, isn't it?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

TheRat posted:

She presents an article from a labour magazine dated 1984 relating to IRAs attempt to assassinate Thatcher and ask if Corbyn was general secretary of the editorial board when it was written. He says no, he wasn't even a member, he just occasionally wrote for them. She says some dude's profile has him down as the general secretary, Corbyn says the dude is known for being incredibly inaccurate. She asks why Corbyn would write for the magazine if he disagreed with articles such as this. Corbyn says there are many papers he disagrees with, he even disagrees with some programs on her station, she might even disagree with them! But isnt that the point of journalism, to have an open debate? "Sometimes, listening to people you dont agree with does you good"

Thanks!

I don't care if he's a poo poo leader I love jam grandpa. He's so principled :3:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jabby posted:

Backbench MP Jeremy Corbyn can now be held responsible for single-handedly preventing peace in Northern Ireland, as the Sun reports that 'without his support terrorist murders and torture would have ended much earlier'. All this time, and it turns out he was the key thing preventing the Catholics/Protestants and Republicans/Unionists from uniting and coming together in harmony.

What he did not have, however, was any power to influence the peace. He was, after all, an insignificant backbencher.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Weird how Labour suddenly swing up in the polls when election rules come into play for the media.

Weird.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

jabby posted:

Plus they already said everything they had to say on the matter. It's all been heard. It's not going to have the same impact for the thousandth time as May's dementia tax will for the hundredth.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Sun are shook:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

nopantsjack posted:

I'm torn between wanting to warm my soul by the faint fire of Hope and wanting to remain appropriately pessimistic so I'm not totally cobbed during the results.

I felt something vaguely hope-like earlier, but then I reminded myself that the papers will not play fair. If the race is looking close the Sun and others will print lie after lie in the last few crucial days. It won't matter that they're lies, Labour will lose and the papers will never be called to account for it.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

TheRat posted:

Holy shitballs

That was verging on 'please proceed governor' levels of smooth.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

If there is another labour leadership challenge after the election I hope Don't Know wins it, because he/she seems eminently electable.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
look jeremy corbyn is an idiot old man who can't speak to people or in front of cameras.

he'sa very bad communicator. plz stay on message

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TheRat posted:

The Sun are shook:

The tories have hit the nuclear button.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The old people who weren't killed by Thatcher will kill us all.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

TheRat posted:

The fuckers woke up Prezza. The fuckers are hosed!

https://twitter.com/Corbynator2/status/866764719021019136

Man like two jags.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

The tories have hit the nuclear button.

I'm sure an ex-IRA killer turned police informant is a reliable source, and could never be convinced to say things that weren't entirely true for money.

Also hilarious that they are giving money to an actual confirmed IRA killer in order to demonstrate how bad the IRA were.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Ed_Miliband/status/866746238435282944

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spuckuk posted:

Man like two jags.

haha

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Disenfranchise the olds please, every election they vote for the same terrible shite forever.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
these are the two lead articles on https://www.thetimes.co.uk

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Apparently there have been explosions in Manchester

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TheRat posted:

The Sun are shook:

we now have an exclusive interview with Osama bin Laden who says that George W. Bush has "blood on his hands" over 9/11

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

TheRat posted:

The Sun are shook:

I know, don't judge people on their looks, but Jeremy Corbyn and Gerry Adams standing together is the least threatening image. Two nice old beard men, who variously like jam, being reasonable, and rubber ducks.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Bobstar posted:

I know, don't judge people on their looks, but Jeremy Corbyn and Gerry Adams standing together is the least threatening image. Two nice old beard men, who variously like jam, being reasonable, and rubber ducks.

https://twitter.com/GerryAdamsSF/status/396395987771867136

Lest we forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Lord of the Llamas posted:

And Labour have been gaining ground since the election was called. What the gently caress are you complaining about?

The Tory lead was a house of cards built on Brexit. Maybe the quote that will sum up this election will be "Easy come, easy go."

That sound you can hear is the goalposts shifting from "Labour are going to get destroyed" to "Labour aren't making any progress" to "Labour should be winning by more". Usually it takes longer than 24 hours, though.

• Locked thread