Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

SirFoch better be careful, or PANSY is gonna take him down.

as a pansy mem'e'ber im very offended by recent videos from sir foch with all the homofobia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

A pivot from LGBT to an ANTIFA would troll this particular player base more imho.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Oh God please change the logo to the antifa flag.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Turmoilx posted:

i think everyone (mostly foch) over reacted about this new premium it has super flat sides and looks weak i had one on my team and didnt look like it would be too hard to pwn ..though i havent fought one yet but i dont think it would be a problem at all (fighting one requires to play more ..than i want to) i think he relies on that wotgg or whatever site way too much rather than personal knowledge or is that qb..either way it was some site that caused him to explode rather than personal experience ~coming from someone whos never fought one yet :viggo: just use gold. has anyone noticed a much higher amount of 15-0 score games since update? iv had 2 or 3 in the past week now its crazy because i play tier 10

Well Fochs went nuts because it encourages gold use both to pen it and for it to pen

And yes, lots of my games are either near or complete sweeps, win or loss....mostly loss. Prior to the update it was a rarer thing to see for me.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

A pivot from LGBT to an ANTIFA would troll this particular player base more imho.

this is a GREAT idea what does it look like though like rainbow stripe flag with confederate star stripe as an X going across it or the do not enter sign type circle over the rainbow flag? i like this idea

update: i think this pattern is what you're referring to? (stole from google to make a more simple link) http://imgur.com/a/4Cd3r :smugdon: :f5h:

oops i quoted wrong person well..its a response to both thylacine and Bulky Bartokomous but im a noob

and i went to troll but was stopped in my tracks.. i wonder if this was always one of his rules or wg made him do it http://i.imgur.com/EgOUwNQ.png?1 im having lots of fun with this new drama http://imgur.com/t2mJ50i < (circons chat)

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 22, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

thylacine posted:

I've killed two in my type 59, I got up right beside them and blasted away, they couldn't do anything. That technique is pretty situational though.

I'll say, situational enough to require dumber-than-average pubbies that don't even accidentally use their tonnage and power-to-weight ratio to simply push you away within their turning circle. From what I've seen from the Chrysler K, it spins like a top compared to the majority of other heavies.

/edit: Not to say that they wouldn't have trouble hitting you due to their gun depression afterwards, but you've got to be pretty dumb to not manage to show your front to something circling you at that power.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 22, 2017

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

thylacine posted:

Please don't.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

bloom posted:

$200 a year on WoT. :catstare:

The only thing I ever spent money on in this dumb game was an E25 which has the nice combo of being OP and having a unique/fun playstyle.

That's about the same as any MMO with a subscription model. If you play this game any amount at all I don't know why you wouldn't pay for a premium account (economic hardship notwithstanding), especially when they were selling a year of it for $45 during Black Friday.

I've spent maybe $300 in the slightly less than a year that I've been playing and that is significantly less than what I normally would have spent on gaming if I wasn't obsessed with this stupid tankgame.

Stevefin posted:

Forgetting Internet dram for a second. I found something better.

I forgot how much suffering the challenger is :smithicide:

Tell me about it. I have a ~60%WR but that's definitely a fluke. I think it's better than people give it credit for. I've learned that you need to really know the team makeups to play it well. A lot of the time it's best played as a second line type medium where you need to use your gun depression and not get shot. Certain maps it's best to play the typical TD role.

e: Also it's fast and relocates well so if you have even the slightest idea that you're in trouble, gtfo

Barry fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 22, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Prav posted:

now wargaming are accusing sirfoch of hate speech and homophobia.

they might want to check themselves here because yowza.

On the one hand, you can absolutely make that case regarding someone that calls everything "cancer", "aids", "faggots", etc., because the real world isn't as edgy as forums are, but Wargaming going after literally anything before it goes after blatant antisemitism, fascist-glorification, and xenophobia is pretty rich.

thylacine posted:

Don't do this please.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

As a huge gay I dont feel comfortable with a big company using an accusation of homophobia in a manner that's strictly to advance their PR agenda

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Of Course You Realize, This Means Wargaming (The Jimquisition)

Shout out to KaiserSchnitzel, "To one World of Tanks fan, the really dedicated one, who thinks this whole situation is a one on one conversation between me and them, it isn't, stop it. I won't be reading anymore of your emails, quite literally I have set it up to not read them anymore, stop it, you weird, weird person." -Jim Sterling

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 22, 2017

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Current wave of Chrylser K GF's are (unsurprisingly) largely being driven by champion-tier mongos on the EU server. Just made one feel like an utter fool while using the FV201. The FV201. He just sat there exchanging useless shots with an IS-6 while I shoved several 17pdr shells into his back from about 15 metres.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Control Volume posted:

As a huge gay I dont feel comfortable with a big company using an accusation of homophobia in a manner that's strictly to advance their PR agenda

Being white knighted in order for a big company to slander an individual must feel so liberating.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I hope that wasn't about the message I sent:(

well, uh, i think it might've been. i can't read

Prav fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 22, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'll say, situational enough to require dumber-than-average pubbies that don't even accidentally use their tonnage and power-to-weight ratio to simply push you away within their turning circle. From what I've seen from the Chrysler K, it spins like a top compared to the majority of other heavies.

/edit: Not to say that they wouldn't have trouble hitting you due to their gun depression afterwards, but you've got to be pretty dumb to not manage to show your front to something circling you at that power.

Yeah, I was watching an O-i out pace a Chrysler's turret traverse and laughed. Then he turned the tank and it was like Jesus Christ that thing turns like a light!

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ1OXSusKdw

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

wrong thread!

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
That 17th century Aristocrat reading of the unicum email in that Jim Sterling video is absolutely perfect.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Current wave of Chrylser K GF's are (unsurprisingly) largely being driven by champion-tier mongos on the EU server. Just made one feel like an utter fool while using the FV201. The FV201. He just sat there exchanging useless shots with an IS-6 while I shoved several 17pdr shells into his back from about 15 metres.
Oh phew that wasn't me.

That said I have had a few games where I've blocked 3k worth of damage in my GF, and then a round or two later manage to block almost nothing and die in a quick ball of fire.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Barry posted:

That 17th century Aristocrat reading of the unicum email in that Jim Sterling video is absolutely perfect.

It was a very accurate rendition of my email.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao this community contributor thing. Jingles threatened to quit and got called by one of the head honchos to persuade him not to. What a world we live in.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

serious gaylord posted:

Lmao this community contributor thing. Jingles threatened to quit and got called by one of the head honchos to persuade him not to. What a world we live in.

Of course they want to keep the one who's notorious for wearing a Nazi uniform.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

He woke up to find Wargaming America took on its self to make a reply for all severs, Jingles quit after reading this, He will also stop making any war gaming videos

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 23, 2017

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Stevefin posted:

He woke up to find Wargaming America took on its self to make a reply for all severs, Jingles quit after reading this, He will also stop making any war gaming videos

I can't wait to see what side of the line QuickyBaby will take, nothing quite seeing instant karma for WG.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Blindeye posted:

I can't wait to see what side of the line QuickyBaby will take, nothing quite seeing instant karma for WG.

Im not willing to sit through his 15 minute vid about it sorry.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
does it matter? Its not like WG is not going to keep printing money because a few CCs quit

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

MikeC posted:

does it matter? Its not like WG is not going to keep printing money because a few CCs quit

Nope but they timed it pretty poorly with tank fest coming shortly.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

serious gaylord posted:

I had to, in small bites. Some talk of how copyright strikes are bad, but then a lot of defending himself and saying how he works for google, he's honest and even-handed, then went into the non-controversial things WG doesn't do right (superheavies, gold ammo, tier 10 lights, and giving stat boosts for good players from ranked).

So very predictable.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Barry posted:

I've never watched a Jimquisition video before and that was a actually pretty good.

Also, his comments on premium ammo were accurate. Jesus why do we put up with that.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CitizenKain posted:

I've never watched a Jimquisition video before and that was a actually pretty good.

Also, his comments on premium ammo were accurate. Jesus why do we put up with that.

I mean people here post about it, talk about it on teamspeak/discord but it kinda takes a new perspective when someone outside looking in says it.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

qb sucks wg dick he would never betray them :)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It doesn't help that everyone evidently dogpiled him before someone could tell him it *used* to be cash-for-ammo, but now it's "buy premium time and premium tanks to support your premium ammo habit," which is ultimately the same thing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

Because only idiots pay actual money for it?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin posted:

Because only idiots pay actual money for it?

Most idiots just add an additional step.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It doesn't help that everyone evidently dogpiled him before someone could tell him it *used* to be cash-for-ammo, but now it's "buy premium time and premium tanks to support your premium ammo habit," which is ultimately the same thing.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Stevefin posted:

Lol, this is loving hysterical. I kinda hope this gets WG to look into NA and slap around the jackasses in charge

Blindeye posted:

He'll just swallow WG's cock again and enjoy that there's less people he has to share it with

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 23, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So I was looking around at the Grand Finals teams to figure out who I should pick for the fantasy draft thing, and I think I figured out why the NA server gets clowned on. Here's the side winrates for the RU teams:

Brain Storm: Attack 61%, Defense 38%
Natus Vincere G2A: Attack: 64%, Defense: 56%
Not So Serious: Attack: 61%, Defense: 55%
TORNADO ENERGY: Attack 64%, Defense 41%

They win more on the attack, a lot more in some cases. Here's the NA teams

Elevate: Attack: 46%, Defense: 58%
eClipse: Attack: 53%, Defense: 61%

What the hell is going on? Are the NA players just reticent to put in the effort to learn to break the camps? Are the NA callers just risk averse and rely on camping too often? Here's the rest of the teams:

EU:
DiNG: Attack: 66%, Defense: 57%
Kazna Kru: Attack: 60%, Defense: 58%
Oops Tough Giraffes: Attack: 55%, Defense: 40%

APAC:
EL Gaming: Attack: 66%, Defense: 57%
Team Efficiency: Attack: 48%, Defense: 70%

China's team doesn't get stats for some reason. Are the smaller, shittier servers (NA and APAC) just so devoid of actual good players and actual incentive to play their qualifier systems that none of the teams can build up enough quality experience to learn to break camps? Is that why the lovely servers always get clowned at the Grand Finals? Interesting to a stats person anyway.

Also you should go here https://fantasytanks.com/tournaments/5 and pick some people from Natus Vincere, Tornado Energy and DiNG and try to win some gold or something I dunno.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

This uh "scandal'" feels like it's really gotten out of control. This should have just been some small thing but now everyone and their dog is directing their attention and opinions towards this. WG should have just ignored Foch and kept on trucking in the lovely fashion they usually do and they would have been fine.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Axetrain posted:

This uh "scandal'" feels like it's really gotten out of control. This should have just been some small thing but now everyone and their dog is directing their attention and opinions towards this. WG should have just ignored Foch and kept on trucking in the lovely fashion they usually do and they would have been fine.

Like always it was Wargaming NA that was the true villain. WG EU made their peace and everyone was happy until WGNA decided they had to poo poo out an opinion

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Hellsau posted:

So I was looking around at the Grand Finals teams to figure out who I should pick for the fantasy draft thing, and I think I figured out why the NA server gets clowned on. Here's the side winrates for the RU teams:

Brain Storm: Attack 61%, Defense 38%
Natus Vincere G2A: Attack: 64%, Defense: 56%
Not So Serious: Attack: 61%, Defense: 55%
TORNADO ENERGY: Attack 64%, Defense 41%

They win more on the attack, a lot more in some cases. Here's the NA teams

Elevate: Attack: 46%, Defense: 58%
eClipse: Attack: 53%, Defense: 61%

What the hell is going on? Are the NA players just reticent to put in the effort to learn to break the camps? Are the NA callers just risk averse and rely on camping too often? Here's the rest of the teams:

EU:
DiNG: Attack: 66%, Defense: 57%
Kazna Kru: Attack: 60%, Defense: 58%
Oops Tough Giraffes: Attack: 55%, Defense: 40%

APAC:
EL Gaming: Attack: 66%, Defense: 57%
Team Efficiency: Attack: 48%, Defense: 70%

China's team doesn't get stats for some reason. Are the smaller, shittier servers (NA and APAC) just so devoid of actual good players and actual incentive to play their qualifier systems that none of the teams can build up enough quality experience to learn to break camps? Is that why the lovely servers always get clowned at the Grand Finals? Interesting to a stats person anyway.

Also you should go here https://fantasytanks.com/tournaments/5 and pick some people from Natus Vincere, Tornado Energy and DiNG and try to win some gold or something I dunno.

Yeah, but you can only pick two people from each team, so I'm going with 4 RU players (2 from Na'Vi), 2 EU players, and Vetro as my lone NA player. But I don't know a ton about players in WGL EU and RU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Axetrain posted:

probably just the straw that broke the camels back. culmination of the recent premium tanks and the upcoming making the best players even better with better equipment poo poo.

i mean even i see the WG's move to reward the best players with special better equipment as a total bullshit move