Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Inspector_666 posted:

I think Posey is worth more than that.

Ended up getting Ryan Braun for him. I guess now I'll pray for health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Marwin Gonzalez was a free agent in one of my leagues so I picked him up because he can play everything but catcher, is he just hitting way over his head right now or is it possible that he's actually going to still be good?

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Urias got optioned back to AAA, so there's that.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Marwin Gonzalez was a free agent in one of my leagues so I picked him up because he can play everything but catcher, is he just hitting way over his head right now or is it possible that he's actually going to still be good?

I don't know if he made adjustments in the off-season a la Yonder Alonso, but just going by the numbers: his HR/FB percentage is unsustainably high, but he's walking a lot more and everything else is pretty close to his career norms; hell, his BABIP is about 30 points low. I wouldn't expect the homers to continue, but as long as he gets playing time and keeps walking he should be a great utility guy.

On a separate note, how do these trades sound?

Trade 1: give Cesar Hernandez, get Eduardo Rodriguez

Trade 2: give Zack Cozart, get Kevin Pillar

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Trade 2: give Zack Cozart, get Kevin Pillar

Who else do you have to play SS? I like Pillar, but OF is such a deep position and MIF generally isn't.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Are you in a league that values fielding or something that Cozart and Pillar are owned? I know both have been hitting extremely well but it probably won't last....

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Are you in a league that values fielding or something that Cozart and Pillar are owned? I know both have been hitting extremely well but it probably won't last....

You own them until they don't hit well anymore.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Who else do you have to play SS? I like Pillar, but OF is such a deep position and MIF generally isn't.

Andrus. I wouldn't say I'm absolutely set at the position, but I'm down an outfielder with Polanco out and I trust Pillar to keep up the performance more than I do Cozart anyway. Cozart is carrying a .400 BABIP right now, there's no way he keeps that up.

It's a 12-teamer but I'm not sure what to tell you otherwise, Cozart is the #6 SS and Pillar is the #15 OF on ESPN. I don't expect either one to finish the season where they are, but they shouldn't be unowned right now.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

The moment McCann gets back he will go back to starting like twice a week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Carlos Santana getting his 4th start in RF tonight. Hopefully he gets number 5 tomorrow and gains OF eligibility because I'm really hurting there.

It's only a 2 game series in Cincinnati so it'll be another few weeks for him to gain eligibility if he gets tomorrow off.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Joe Ross is starting tomorrow

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Speaking of "it won't last", Alex Avila cleared waivers yesterday so I picked him up and am hoping he's good for as long as Kyle Schwarber sucks.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

GIVE Daniel Murphy, GET Josh Donaldson

Do I win that? I have a glut of 1Bs (Encarnacion, Alonso, Bellinger, Murphy, Avila) and a handful of 2Bs (Happ, Odor, Murphy) and am weak at 3B (Healy). At first I thought it was an obvious mash but I'm starting to psyche myself out over "what if Donaldson gets hurt again or the injury affects his play when he's back?" and "why would you trade away the cleanup hitting in the highest scoring lineup in baseball right now?".

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

That's a gamble, but Donaldson could come out on fire like JD Martinez and it's a huge upgrade over Healy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

The moment McCann gets back he will go back to starting like twice a week.

So ride it out until then is what you're saying :haw:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is Tanaka broken or what is going on there exactly

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

Is Tanaka broken or what is going on there exactly

I don't know but I sure hope they figure it out soon. I don't think you can drop him, but I would be benching him until he strings together two decent starts.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Giants-Cubs looking like a rainout, beware.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Carlos Santana getting his 4th start in RF tonight. Hopefully he gets number 5 tomorrow and gains OF eligibility because I'm really hurting there.

It's only a 2 game series in Cincinnati so it'll be another few weeks for him to gain eligibility if he gets tomorrow off.

:whatup:

Santana with start number 5 in RF tonight.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Soooo Britton is a free agent in one of my leagues. I have 5 closers. I don't know who to drop.

My closers are Holland, Watson, Bush, Norris, Knebel.

edit: poo poo, I gotta drop 2 since I have Story still in a DL spot, so drop 1 closer to activate story, then drop another to pickup Britton or should I not bother?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 24, 2017

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Bedrosian will probably be back in like 2 weeks so Norris is droppable-ish.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do you all think Maikail Franco is cuttable. He may just not be any good.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

berrios day!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Abel Wingnut posted:

berrios day!

Literally day, by the way. The game starts in less than 4 hours.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

its-happening.gif

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That would really help cover for Odor stinking up my roster

although I did drop Tom Murphy for Devon Travis yesterday anyway. I still want Murphy though... power hitting catcher at Coors??

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 24, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

its-happening.gif

I'm literally going to have Rizzo, Odor, Kinsler, and Travis on my team all at once :psyduck:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Doltos posted:

I'm literally going to have Rizzo, Odor, Kinsler, and Travis on my team all at once :psyduck:

2B seems crazy deep this year - I had Castro, Murphy, Happ, Odor but everyone I try to trade with seems to have a good one already (Altuve, Cano, Gordon, Pedroia off the top of my head)

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

its-happening.gif

What am I looking at here?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

What am I looking at here?

The Cubs have a bunt defensive alignment that forces them to classify Rizzo as a 2B for one play. 4 more and he has 2B eligibility.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Spoeank posted:

The Cubs have a bunt defensive alignment that forces them to classify Rizzo as a 2B for one play. 4 more and he has 2B eligibility.

6 more. Yahoo counts down.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Awww bullshit. I was getting hyped

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Oh right, I forgot about that. :lol:

I was furiously trying to look up information on Joe Rizzo in case I missed something.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Why is Mark Reynolds off two days in a row if he's not hurt?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

Do you all think Maikail Franco is cuttable. He may just not be any good.

Yup I can't wait around anymore and I have like four other guys in the "is he going to break out soon or not?" category so it's time for him to go.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

I hope story starts smashing. Most disappoint draft so far. Prob going to ride him out though

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
This year in fantasy, I've gotten my steals from: Aaron Judge, Rougned Odor, and Gary Sanchez.

Just like I planned.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Brad Hand in for the save tonight. Maurer is real bad.

Capps may take over eventually, but for now, Hand looks like a good pickup.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Hand is awesome. Might get traded soon also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
This week I have 1 HR 2 RBI and FIFTEEN runs. My opponents Rizzo is single handedly beating me in 2 categories.

• Locked thread