Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

You are confusing it for the story where the dude found out before the chick, but she went over to his parent's for dinner and his mom showed the chick a picture of his bio dad and it turns out it was her dad. But the giveaway was that she said the dad had a genetic disorder, and it turns out it makes you sterile, so the whole story fell apart.

Thank you.

So Reddit just has multiple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Pick posted:

fake. no one will put an IUD in someone under 18 due to past legal cases involving potential infertility.

They're 19 now.

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

quote:

My[24m] sister [21F] and her boyfriend[22M] named their son[0M] after their favorite drug...is there anything I can do?

I'm shocked that the hospital would even let them register the name. I'm hesitant to name it because it would almost definitely be identifiable because it is not a common name. When he gets older, there is no way he could pass it off as a shorter name or use his middle name, because that is awful too. They made a stupid decision and it will certainly negatively impact the rest of his life because of it. As his uncle, is there anything I can to help at this point? I don't think I could get CPS involved because it's not like he's in any sort of physical danger. I am not on good speaking terms with this sister so she isn't going to listen to anything I say. Basically all the communication I have with her is through Facebook and she will ignore my messages on there for weeks.

tl;dr: Sister gave my nephew a terrible name based on a drug, is there anything I can do?

meet my sweet baby boy Meth Johnson

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Me [39F] with my husband [26 M] 6 months, he's mad about an orange?

quote:

My husband and I have been together about two years now, we met through friends and really hit it off. He's funny, smart, and really kind. The relationship is great.

But... my dog (16, M) was just diagnosed with cancer so I've been spoiling him rotten as a result. My husband obviously adores the dog and I've considered the dog "ours" since we moved in together (except that y'know, if we'd split, I'd be keeping him!). I only call him "my" here because I've had the dog his entire life and much of my adult life.

One of the things my dog loves are oranges. So, every day I've been peeling him one after dinner. I don't give him the whole thing, but do give him about half of it and then eat the other half. This has been going on for maybe two or three weeks?

So, last night, my husband was in the living room and I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner and peeled the orange for the dog and he came in and asked, visibly upset: "How come don't you ever peel me an orange?"

I screwed up, Reddit, because he was obviously upset but I just assumed he was kidding. I am not reading anyone well right now. (I went to the grocery store today and pretty much decided everyone there were horrible, awful people who wanted to be in my way as much as possible... It's likely my grief is getting the better of me).

I said, "You have opposable thumbs, peel it yourself."

(This is a joke I find really funny and it is absolutely stupid--it's from a million year old clip of Jiminey Cricket explaining that the reason people are "better" than other animals is because of our opposable thumbs. It's basically the worst cartoon ever, and I have no idea why I still find it to be such a funny joke, but there you go.)

That really set him off and he said something like, "I never ask for anything, why can't you just do this one thing for me? You do it for the drat dog."

I'm not proud, but in that moment, I was seriously tempted to throw the orange at him. If my dog would have been okay, I would have put the dog in the car and gone for a very, very long drive, but that would have been too hard on the dog, so instead, I called him an rear end in a top hat and he left.

I'm so pissed, but I'm also well aware that at least half of me being angry is that life just sucks right now. I'm grieving my dog and also trying really hard to be grateful for this time that I still have with the dog and that's got me tied up in emotional knots. And I'm sure this situation is hard for him, too, because he knows how important the dog has been to me. I had a really rough childhood and getting out, moving across country, and getting stable enough for a dog was a really big deal in my early 20s. I took care of myself because of my dog and I wouldn't have otherwise.

But I am pissed. And I am going over things like, I'd made dinner that night (a nice one, too) and I cleaned up afterwards, so I'd basically taken care of my husband from the moment he walked through the door that night. Sure, I'm probably taking "better" care of the dog right now, but I'm not neglecting my husband. And yes, I'm cranky AF and probably not easy to live with, but this hasn't even been going on a month yet, so it's not like it's been this unbearably long time in comparison to the length of our relationship.

I haven't seen him since he stormed out last night (he came home at some point, but I was asleep by then so it was after midnight, he was gone before I got up this morning). He'll be home in a bit (hopefully) and I guess I just... I dunno. We've never had a fight before. We've disagreed, we've argued, but I've never wanted to throw something at him, and he's never left.

My parents used to have nightly battles that would end with my mother sobbing and planning to leave all of us (my dad, my two brothers and me) and me outside on the door stoop begging her not to go. I don't know what normal, healthy fighting looks like because I've spent the last ten years just loving living on my own, having a quiet, peaceful home where no one ever yells or threatens to leave.

Hell, the one time I screamed at my dog (he'd hosed up pretty badly), I got through three words before I stopped and broke down crying because he looked genuinely scared of me and I didn't want that. (I just wanted him to not have torn apart every single feather pillow in the house... such a mess.)

I know it's healthy to disagree with someone. And I know given the circumstances it's pretty normal that both my husband and I would be on edge. But I'm also a little freaked out that he would just leave like that, and I'm pissed he thinks I should peel him an orange when he can do it for himself, and I'm pissed he'd be jealous of the dog right now if that's what's going on.

So, Reddit, as ridiculous as having a fight over a drat orange is... What do?
tl;dr: Husband and I had our first fight last night over me peeling an orange for him. What now?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
"Roxy? Is that short for Roxeanne?"

"Not exactly"

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax
wait they actually posted the name in the comments

quote:

Beazlepup [S] [score hidden] an hour ago

Weedy. They like to smoke Marijuana.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I still think Roxycodone would have been better :colbert:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

putrid aidsman posted:

meet my sweet baby boy Meth Johnson

Weedlord Bonerhitler?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
lmaaoooooooooooooo Weedy

Pnurtis "Weedy" Bonerhitler

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Lil' Weedy.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

she's a pro twitter follow

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

What are the odds that both parents have lovely white people dreadlocks and espouse the benefits of hemp fiber clothing every day

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
How does a smoked plant become that much of your lifestyle

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Naming my first child 'Anal Beads' boy or girl.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

weedaboo are terrible

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Pick posted:

weedaboo are terrible

Not as terrible as men, in a general sense.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

zakharov posted:

It owns

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

dudeness posted:

Me [39F] with my husband [26 M] 6 months, he's mad about an orange?

She sounds crazy

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Blue Train posted:

She sounds crazy

She does but so does he. She already cooked him dinner and cleaned up but he was jealous that she peeled an orange for the dog and not him. What a loving manchild.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

Hi reddit. I have been searching for a support site for people with Asperger's syndrome and autism. It seemed this would be an appropriate community in which to post. I have a 23 year old son who still lives at home. He was diagnosed with Aspergers at 17, but has shown no interest in engaging with any services or treatment for it. Since finishing school, my son has done absolutely nothing with his life. He has earned nothing and achieved nothing. He has never had a job. Now, I am not trivializing his condition but I feel he uses it as an excuse for being the way he is. I feel a lot of his behaviors are because he knows he can get away with them, rather than him not knowing any better, or not realizing that it’s wrong. Within the past few years, his behavior has become increasingly erratic and worrisome. He spends almost every waking hour holed up in his room using the internet. I do not know what sites he is using or what he is doing online, but his life seems to completely revolve around the internet. He usually spends all night online then sleeps during the day. He’s unoccupied 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Has a very low opinion of himself. He has no friends at all, and has no social contact with anyone other than me or his father.

If I let my son get his way, the house would be like a funeral parlor. He has to have the blinds closed and curtains drawn in every room, even during the day. When I open them, he will close them again, then it goes back and forth until he eventually gives up. He is extremely finicky about foods. He will go through phases of liking particular things, then going off them, then back on to them a few weeks later. He has extremely sensitive senses of smell and hearing. It’s like having a bloodhound in the house. There are smells that most people consider normal that my son finds offensive. He hates the smell of spaghetti, tomato sauce, vinegar, mayonnaise, and non-food things such as bleach and washing up liquid. If I’m talking to someone downstairs, he can hear everything that’s been said from upstairs in his room with the door closed. I have had to postpone having building jobs done around the house because he finds any kind of disruption stressful. No one wants to rock the boat in case he gets upset. He likes to follow specific routines, and any deviation from those routines stresses him out.

I am extremely concerned about my son's ability to cope on his own in the future when me and his father are no longer around. He is not equipped to deal with funeral arrangements or handling our finances, or other administrative tasks that must be taken care of when a close relative passes away. He would find it extremely traumatic to deal with all of that alone. I have kept my son's condition a secret from other family members, though I am sure they suspect that something isn't right. I keep having to make excuses for him when anybody asks how he's doing. I have not been able to go on holiday (vacation) for over 10 years because I am afraid of leaving son alone in the house. I do not think he would be able to cope on his own in an emergency. There are situations that could arise that he would struggle to manage on his own. Some examples would be a burst pipe, gas leak, power cut, or if he became unwell. I don't know if he would be able to get himself to a doctor or hospital if he was on his own. He does not like to do anything outside of his comfort zone, and and he finds unfamiliar experiences and situations stressful.

My son's philosophy on life seems to be that he has AS, so there isn't any point in trying anything. He feels there is no place in society for people like him. I can not compare my son to other people on the spectrum as I have never met anyone else on it. There is no known family history of autism. There just seems to be no end in sight. I am struggling to cope with the strain of having a dependent adult still living at home. He will be 25, then 30, then 35, then 40, then he will end up as a middle-aged man bereft of the life skills a person needs to function as an independent adult. Are there any adults here with Aspergers who are living independently as successful adults? Does his behavior sound typical of someone with the condition?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

HoAssHo posted:

She does but so does he. She already cooked him dinner and cleaned up but he was jealous that she peeled an orange for the dog and not him. What a loving manchild.

Fair

I have been searching for a support site for people with Asperger's syndrome and autism. It seemed this would be an appropriate community in which to post. 

Lol you right lady

I don't like your av dougtars are old hat

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Blue Train posted:

Lmao

My (35f) husband (35m) of 10 years took me out to a club on Saturday. He "ran into" this "famous" Instagram college girl (early 20s) that he's been following for a while. Looking at her post history, I think he set the whole thing up so her could meet her and I'm freaked out.

u/Notsurehere12

This one is so loving cringey even if it WAS a coincidence. She's not even a pseudo-celebrity that a normal person would recognize, so the husband is basically saying "I recognize you because I troll instagram for jerkoff material and you're one of my favorites, so much so that I know your name and where you go to school." He's saying this to the girl, in front of his wife. I dunno if this is divorce worthy but I also don't know how you come back from this.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
My[34M] sister[31F] has been lying to me about the reason she left her husband[34M] and I am pissed with her. He is my best friend and due to her lies, I got into a huge fight with him and ruined our friendship. Can I contact him now and tell him I am sorry for not believing him?

quote:

My younger sister Maggie( I have another one that is 2 years older than me) has been married to my friend George for the last 5 years, together for close to 8. George and I go way back, we met in high school and remained friends ever since then. I was happy when he and Maggie started dating because I knew him and I knew that he is a good person who will treat my sister right.

And he did, even though he had his flaws. As far as I know he never mistreated my sister, he always made sure she had everything she wanted in life and he was dedicated to his family. They also have a 5-year old girl and my niece is an absolutely wonderful child.

My sister and George lived in a place not that far away from where my wife and I live and our kids go to the same kindergarten. But maybe some 5 months ago, I started hearing that George and Maggie have issues and Maggie moved out a month ago. I knew that they have some sort of financial troubles but George assured me that things are gonna work out.

But apparently, this is not what Magie told our mother who then told me what has happened. Maggie complained to our mother that she can't live with him anymore, that he started yelling at her often and that she can't live like this, fighting constantly with him. He stopped paying attention to her and she felt miserable living with him. I, of course, had a word with George over this and he told me a completely different story.

He told me that Maggie stopped communicating with him, that she started coming home late and was constantly out with "co-workers and friends". She barely spent any time with her daughter and has started being mean and angry with him. He also told me that he thinks she found herself a lover and has been cheating on him.

Classic "he said, she said" situation and at that time I took my sisters' word for it. I mean, she is my sister and I didn't really believe she is capable of such a thing. Maggie was always a caring mother and loving wife or at least that's how she was every time I was visiting them. Then there is also the fact that Maggie told mother that George has developed his drinking habit again. He used to struggle with this but got clean soon after getting with Maggie and I thought he overcame it.

I accused George of making things up and I told him that I am really disappointed with him. We had a huge fight over this and I haven't said a word to him for over 4 months now. I was pissed with him, not only he went back on his promise of never drinking again but he ruined his family.

As I've said Maggie moved out not a month ago and went to live with some friend of hers from work. And here is the fun part about this. Apparently, this same "friend" she is living with is indeed her lover and she was indeed cheating on George for more than 8 months prior to her moving out. And I know of this because my mother had told me not a few days ago. She knew from day one, ever since my sister initially spoke with her but she kept her mouth shut. Now my mother told me that my sister basically made her whole story up and she has covered for her for the last few months.

So right now, not only my sister was lying to me this whole time, making me think that George is responsible for their broken marriage but I also hosed up my relationship with him over her lies. I am so angry with her right now that I am literally seeing red. My father is the same, he is also really pissed with Maggie and also with my mother for keeping this from him but he said that he is powerless.

I feel so horrible about George. He was betrayed by his wife that I know he loved, he was let down by his best friend who didn't believe him despite the fact that he never gave me any reason to doubt his words and lost his family, all because my sister wanted to f*ck someone else. If he wasn't drinking before this, I now know that he is. Mutual friends told me that he slipped back to smoking and drinking and is a mess.

I was wondering, would it be okay for me to reach out to him and apologize for not believing him. I let him down and I feel like a monster. My wife seems to believe that he'd appreciate a phone call from me but I am sure. What do you think guys?

tl;dr My sister has been married to my best friend from high school for 5 years. 5 months ago, my sister moved out, pinning the blame on his behavior. He stopped paying attention to her, yelling and fighting with her constantly. My friend told me a different story, that he believes she was cheating on him, she stopped talking to him, neglected their daughter. I didn't believe him and I believed my sister, cutting contact with him in the process. Just yesterday I found out that my friend was indeed correct and that my sister made this whole story up so she can leave him. I am so angry with her right now but I also feel bad about my friend and I am wondering if it should be okay for me to contact him and speak with him since he has been spiraling out.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

My[34M] sister[31F] has been lying to me about the reason she left her husband[34M] and I am pissed with her. He is my best friend and due to her lies, I got into a huge fight with him and ruined our friendship. Can I contact him now and tell him I am sorry for not believing him?

That one really needs an update.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He should have hit it right maybe she wouldn't have left

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

quote:

he is also really pissed with Maggie and also with my mother for keeping this from him but he said that he is powerless.

Dad pussy, so what.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The most baffling /r/childfree post:

Anyone had an instance that leaves you saying "THIS is why I'm not having kids."

quote:

Every night at work. I'm a mother-baby nurse, and all the babies get sent to the nursery while the moms sleep, so I'm surrounded with an entire unit's worth of crying babies. What's worse is when the bratty siblings come to visit and I have to deal with crying babies AND crying toddlers.
If you hate kids, why are you working with kids?

Other posts from the same thread:

quote:

In college, I thought about it this way, and I still believe it:
I don't want to inadvertently create a monster. Sure, my kid could be the next Mozart, Einstein, or Rembrandt. But my kid could also be the next Hitler, Pol Pot, or Trump. My hypothetical kid mostly has the chance of being another body taking up space, doing nothing remarkable, contributing nothing but garbage and CO2, forgotten in the annals of history. So, why the gently caress should I waste my time and energy to bring forth one of these three kinds of people to life?

quote:

I was recently at a nice airport bar/restaurant and a young family came in. One of the little girls asked the hostess "What's healthy here?" and the hostess replied they had salads. The kid then started jumping up & down excitedly declaring "But what about fruit? I want fruit! I want fruit!" She honestly wasn't horrible, and was not screeching or shouting loudly, but it was just so. loving. annoying. Like, goddamnit, shut up. I don't care that you want fruit. Eat a dick. Lmao. They're just annoying to me, even when they're doing something that's slightly cute & not obnoxious.

The parents did end up eating there, and there were no unpleasant interruptions to my meal.

quote:

But seriously, for me it was getting a puppy as a test. I loved puppy, I made all his meals and taught him tricks, but the neediness was too much for me. I figure if I, a woman at 33, couldn't handle the neediness of a puppy, kids are probably off the table.
Its been a tremendous relief.

Puppy lives with a wonderful family who have two sons, a huge yard, and chickens and horses to play with, btw :)

quote:

When babies/children grab me, hit me, or even touch me as children under three are prone to doing with no warning. I really, really hate uninvited touch of any kind. It takes nearly all of my self-control to tolerate it.

quote:

Was camping with a group of friends, and one of the guys brought his kids. The kids were 3 and 5, and he was doing his best to hang with the camp fire party while keeping tabs on the kids in their tent.
The kids finally went to sleep and my friend was really enjoying himself on a rare night away from home. Sometime after midnight, the five year old walks up to the campfire and says "Khloe had an accident". It turns out that the 3 year old had practically demolished her sleeping bag with explosive diarrhea.
While the rest of us continued to get drunk and high, our exhausted friend had to clean poo poo off of a screaming, squirmy toddler and her sleeping bag.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Khloe :crossarms:

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

*makes retard sounds*

This is a perfect name!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Amilia Nitrate McPoppers Rush Limbaugh III. :a2m:

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 23, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
your parenting skills are lakynn

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

E - they also have a son called "titan".

---

Then one day Devan came home from work and said he was drove past a sign that said "LAKIN" and asked what I thought about it. I actually LOVED the name! We both Loved it! YAY! I decided to change up the spelling a little bit to make it more of a girly name and that is how we came up with

LAKYNN KAY HATCH!

Here are all the names that made "the list"

Taylee
McKarty
Nayvie
Maylee
Kamree
Nykee :eyepop:
Taislee
Taigley
Tenley
McKamey
McKartnee < :lol:
Tayvie

http://mommyslittlesunshine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/we-picked-name.html

COMMENTS

quote:

Global Warming DeniersJuly 21, 2015 at 11:48 AM
HAHA you people are loving retarded. Sorry...reitartedey

Dam SonAugust 15, 2015 at 4:37 PM
That is the most ghetto-est name I've ever heard. Poor baby...she's probably going to have a hard time getting a job.

LaurieSeptember 29, 2015 at 10:29 AM
You are a monster.

UnknownJuly 21, 2016 at 11:30 AM
I'm pretty sure that they envision the girl marrying some guy at 19 and being impregnated by 22 or so. Much like her useless mother.

doppelgiingerNovember 23, 2015 at 10:44 PM
oh my god, this is real? i thought this was a joke. You know like the whole internet is making fun of you, right??
This poor little girl is 3 by now and saddled with a name that sounds like a meth-head alabama stripper.

Lacy O'NeilNovember 28, 2015 at 11:52 AM
Why on EARTH would you name your child that? I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. Trying to make your child "different" or "unique". Your child isn't special. There are 7 billion other people on earth just like them, except now they're already ahead because they don't have a loving retarded name.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 23, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you buy a kamree from a highschool dropout who has had so many kids he needs to trade in for a minivan

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If I'd had a son with Hugh I'd have named him Ivan, if I had a daughter I'd have named her Jane.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Look on the bright side, if the random keyboard mashing name trend keeps going, normal names will be in vogue again in 10-20 years.

Sucks for all the Sayrahs and Jonuthins of this generation, though.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

UnknownOctober 6, 2015 at 3:56 AM

Don't listen to the haters! Our little 75-month old boy Aedolph Hietlaer (pronounced Ayy (from the French "Le'Mao") - Dolph (as in dolphin) Heet (coming from the Greek-Latin meaning "heart") - Layer) loves his unique name and so do we! Every time our wonderful little boy gets excited he throws his hands in the air in celebration! We know he'll grow up to do great things.

beautiful

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pick posted:

If I'd had a son with Hugh I'd have named him Ivan, if I had a daughter I'd have named her Jane.

Alistair and Bethany

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Was talking to a friend at dinner and he's been playing Dragon Age Origins but he's got a wee touch of the old man brains because he kept referring to Allison and Morgana