Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He shows Zamasu a video of the fight between Hit and Goku at the tournament at one point. Then everyone started saying he was a GodTuber and now he actually does make videos in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Aurora posted:

He shows Zamasu a video of the fight between Hit and Goku at the tournament at one point. Then everyone started saying he was a GodTuber and now he actually does make videos in the show.

There was a line during the Goku Black arc where he joked about becoming a GodTuber too.

Also can't wait for Vegeta to get hit by a Pretty Cannon.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

seiferguy posted:

re: Master Roshi - http://comicbook.com/2017/04/27/dragon-ball-super-producer-universe-7-master-roshi/

Sakurada, one of the producers said this of why he's on U7's team.

Spoilered a potential interesting thing. Curious to see how it works.

Also, where did the Gowasu godtube meme come from? I don't recall any of that during the Goku Black arc.

That is actually a major plot point for the black arc

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

GodTube's existence caused the chain of events that killed Future Bulma.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Of course Goku is going to replace Buu with Freeza. Goku is evil! And when Freeza finds out Goku is about to eliminate countless trillions of souls, he's not gonna let Goku steal all the infamy!

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

maybe the deal with freiza is that if u7 wins he gets to have another crack at Goku (after he masters golden form)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Freakazoid_ posted:

Of course Goku is going to replace Buu with Freeza. Goku is evil! And when Freeza finds out Goku is about to eliminate countless trillions of souls, he's not gonna let Goku steal all the infamy!

I'd legit laugh if he was flabbergasted by the news and just fell into a fugue of "My God. He's going to end more lives than I could ever dream. He's beaten me at every game I have."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He'll probably have a swing or two at Goku himself during the tournament.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Predictions:

Freeza will shot a death beam and "miss" almost hitting a member of his team. Points if it's somehow Krillian which sends 18 into a rage against him derailing their fight
Tien will probably use Tri-Beam to knock someone out of bounds and that will be his only contribution to the fight
Master Roshi will use his bag of tricks to end up knocking someone out, or will GET SERIOUS and unleash his maximum potential (Which idk if we've even really seen) against one of the female Sayins who knock him out
Gohan will somehow unleash Super Sayin God after Piccalo is accidentally killed or knocked out via underhanded tactics
The universes remaining will team up against the heroes and Vegeta/Goku will either tease or normally fuse
Goku Black will somehow sneak into the tournament again

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Master Roshi will molest (or worse) someone/something in the middle of the arena while everyone else alternates between pretending they haven't noticed and laughing about what a crazy, pervy old man he is.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It would almost be worth it if he's fighting Kale and that's what pushes her over the edge into becoming the Legendary Super Saiyan.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Kamesennin is seeking help. Please be considerate of him in these difficult times. G-d bless.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

multijoe posted:

It would almost be worth it if he's fighting Kale and that's what pushes her over the edge into becoming the Legendary Super Saiyan.

Kale will kill him and get disqualified.

Alternatively this is all building up to Roshi actually legitimately fighting someone like Caulifla/Kale/Ribrianne without any shenanigans but this world isn't perfect.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Junpei Hyde posted:

Kale will kill him and get disqualified.

Alternatively this is all building up to Roshi actually legitimately fighting someone like Caulifla/Kale/Ribrianne without any shenanigans but this world isn't perfect.

There's no loving way Roshi will ever have a serious fight with an attractive female character. Even his "training" :gonk: with Puar amounted to nothing.

As someone watching OG Dragonball to kill time between Super releases, I am glad to see him getting some airtime again even though, as a female, some of his scenes literally make me curl into a ball of cringe like I'm guessing how guys do if they watch a scene of someone getting hit really hard in the balls. Even in the original anime his pervert adventures ride a dangerous line between off-color but legit funny (Bulma flushing him down the toilet) and "Jesus Christ someone save that poor girl before he rapes her" (a few Lunch scenes)

I hope that if the preview means that 18 and Krillin ragequit after hearing the truth about the Tournament, that it's all a big setup for my boy Yamcha to come save the day.

EDIT: also there's NO loving WAY the Super crew isn't aware of Abridged after that one Popo scene.

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 22, 2017

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Krillin and 18 are absolutely not leaving the team proper, it'll just be a conflict in the episode to give goku somethign to do after buu doesn't wake up.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

extra row of teeth posted:

There's no loving way Roshi will ever have a serious fight with an attractive female character. Even his "training" :gonk: with Puar amounted to nothing.

Rape is not nothing.

Krillin and 18 are quitting because they're the only good people on the team.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

One thing I'm wondering about, is there demand for more female fighters in Japan as well? Between the team rosters and the high priest straight-up saying "women will totally be relevant in this arc" it kinda feels like the show's addressing fan requests.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The entire last episode felt like a response to internet discussions about the show (dbza Popo, godtuber Gowasu, "why don't we use x powerup?", girl-fighters, is pervy Roshi going too far...)

IMO Sailor Moon was the only authentic part not derived from lurking forums.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
There's no way Vegeta doesn't take a completely direct hit from Pretty Cannon, right? I'm pretty sure we can't go a full story arc without Vegeta suffering some kind of major indignity now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

The entire last episode felt like a response to internet discussions about the show (dbza Popo, godtuber Gowasu, "why don't we use x powerup?", girl-fighters, is pervy Roshi going too far...)

IMO Sailor Moon was the only authentic part not derived from lurking forums.

It's true. This Japanese anime clearly is written after they read the somethingawful forums. That is the most sensible and logical conclusion to this discussion.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

It's true. This Japanese anime clearly is written after they read the somethingawful forums. That is the most sensible and logical conclusion to this discussion.

I'm not sure about that at all. There are many forums on the internet besides this one (shocking I know), and language barriers and production schedules mean that responding to our posting that quickly in the show is unlikely.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

sassassin posted:

I'm not sure about that at all. There are many forums on the internet besides this one (shocking I know), and language barriers and production schedules mean that responding to our posting that quickly in the show is unlikely.

Nope, we're writing dragon ball now. Only possible explanation.

hello toriyama please bring back Super Janemba please ilu

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

One thing I'm wondering about, is there demand for more female fighters in Japan as well? Between the team rosters and the high priest straight-up saying "women will totally be relevant in this arc" it kinda feels like the show's addressing fan requests.

Also even though she isn't directly involved in the punchmanning, Bulma's role is as large as it was in early Dragonball but in a much more mature way with less fanservice and damsel in distress moments. She holds a ridiculous amount of power for an untrained pure-blooded human. It could be increased demand from female fans. It could also be that this entry into the franchise is being made decades later than the last ones, in the 21st century, with changed sensibilities in mind.

Either way DB has a definite female following and it's really loving cool to see girls actually kick rear end for once. Before this the girls in the show were either nags that served as a "women am I right" joke (Z- era Bulma), kicked rear end for 5 seconds before being demoted to Waifu (Videl), or worst of all both (Chi Chi). I guess 18 is the best example of a fighting girl so far and even she was hit with Waifuitis, but at least got to keep her personality.

What I'm saying is here's hoping Caulifla and Kale kick rear end, stay toe-to-toe with the guys, and don't stop after the tournament to focus on sucking Cabba's dick for eternity.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

Krillin and 18 are absolutely not leaving the team proper, it'll just be a conflict in the episode to give goku somethign to do after buu doesn't wake up.

he's gonna go to grope brianne, she'll turn into ribrianne, he'll get sad and leave or get knocked out of the ring. maybe this is how he's rehabilitated

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Either way DB has a definite female following and it's really loving cool to see girls actually kick rear end for once. Before this the girls in the show were either nags that served as a "women am I right" joke (Z- era Bulma), kicked rear end for 5 seconds before being demoted to Waifu (Videl), or worst of all both (Chi Chi). I guess 18 is the best example of a fighting girl so far and even she was hit with Waifuitis, but at least got to keep her personality.
You are forgetting about Launch and Mai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A4fZMUq5Gk

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 22, 2017

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Rutibex posted:

You are forgetting about Launch and Mai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A4fZMUq5Gk

Launch was always presented as a joke and was constantly humiliated by Master Roshi. The other half of her personality was always an ideal Waifu almost to the point of parody, being shy, demure and helpless, not to mention kind of dumb. Also her other half was a "crazy bitch", not a deeply explored action girl character.

Mai kind of counts, but she was a bumbling henchman and never a "main" side character like the others. Future Mai definitely counts but again, that's Super era.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

projecthalaxy posted:

Nope, we're writing dragon ball now. Only possible explanation.

hello toriyama please bring back Super Janemba please ilu

fire granny goku tia

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

give grannyku the job of speaking the english dub too

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Josuke Higashikata posted:

:yeah:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Let's not go too far here

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Frieza is gonna join the Galactic Patrol and be assigned as Jaco's partner

You know what.

I'd be entirely okay with this development so long as Jaco had a little button to send Frieza back to hell to keep him in his role as "deputy".

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

reignofevil posted:

You know what.

I'd be entirely okay with this development so long as Jaco had a little button to send Frieza back to hell to keep him in his role as "deputy".

This would be amazing.

To keep Frieza in line Bulma forcefeeds him the same pill she made Oolong eat in Dragonball but makes the trigger word "monkey", so not only does Jaco have complete control but if Frieza ever tries to mock Goku again he violently shits himself

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

This would be amazing.

To keep Frieza in line Bulma forcefeeds him the same pill she made Oolong eat in Dragonball but makes the trigger word "monkey", so not only does Jaco have complete control but if Frieza ever tries to mock Goku again he violently shits himself

I'm not entirely convinced that Frieza is biologically capable of pooping
:goonsay:

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Look in this franchise we have the same humanoid body plan in the entire universe, hell, in MULTIPLE UNIVERSES. Countless planets that grew sentient life, and they all have the same exact body plan as human beings with little poo poo glued on like tails or wings as the most dramatic variation.

The grand lesson the franchise is trying to teach us, one we should take to heart dearly, is that everybody poops

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

deadly_pudding posted:

Frieza can only poop and/or reproduce in his first 3 forms. His final form has no balls to increase his battle effectiveness. Thats why he doesn't need underwear in his final form.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rutibex posted:

Frieza can only poop and/or reproduce in his first 3 forms. His final form has no balls to increase his battle effectiveness. Thats why he doesn't need underwear in his final form.
I don't think he actually gains or loses organs, he just moves them around, so he probably has nards in his final form: however, the balls are inert.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Did they make the rabbit super hero guy look exactly like Beerus on purpose? Why not pick a different color scheme?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

New Leaf posted:

Did they make the rabbit super hero guy look exactly like Beerus on purpose? Why not pick a different color scheme?

I don't think its a stretch to assume they're basically the same species. Like somehow Beerus and Champa are brothers but ended up as GoDs of separate universes, so they might originally come from the Pride Trooper's one.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

khwarezm posted:

I don't think its a stretch to assume they're basically the same species. Like somehow Beerus and Champa are brothers but ended up as GoDs of separate universes, so they might originally come from the Pride Trooper's one.

Beerus and Champa are cats. The other thing is a rabbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

New Leaf posted:

Beerus and Champa are cats. The other thing is a rabbit.

They're all aliens.

• Locked thread