Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Why is that dork wearing rubber gloves to handle his laser sword?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

UmOk posted:

Why is that dork wearing rubber gloves to handle his laser sword?

Probably because his hands are covered in pus from popping zits all day.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

Gonz posted:

Probably because his hands are covered in pus from popping zits all day.

don't stop

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

The Quebec Palpatine is Yves Corbeil, who's been hosting our version of Wheel of Fortune for decades and has something like 250+ voice-over roles in various Quebec dubs.

He's also Palpatine's voice in our version of the Clone Wars cartoon.

Edit: Sheev Corbeil.

Ah ha, excellent.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Didn't lore man pablo say grey jedi's don't exist

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Looke posted:

Didn't lore man pablo say grey jedi's don't exist

Apparently.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/821480675463151617?lang=en

This whole "gray Jedi" thing is just an invention of fans who either A) don't understand that normal Jedi philosophy already embraces the idea of balance between light and dark, or B) think that the Star Wars films should suicidally embrace the idea that good and evil don't even exist and should from this point forward be a series about the exploits of plucky, nihilistic Sith Lords.

Cnut the Great fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 23, 2017

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Salads, yet hot pockets
Cheetos, yet beef jerky

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gray vegetarians eats only ents and dryads and probably bulbasaurs.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What a weird way to say omnivore.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Well that Bendu ox guy from Rebels was generating Force lightning without going all murdery, what about him?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

Well that Bendu ox guy from Rebels was generating Force lightning without going all murdery, what about him?

I know right! And why didn't Darth Vader have a helicopter-saber?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

UmOk posted:

I know right! And why didn't Darth Vader have a helicopter-saber?

They actually have a good reason for that. The inquisitors using spinning sabers were compensating for their lack of skill and formal training.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

The MSJ posted:

They actually have a good reason for that. The inquisitors using spinning sabers were compensating for their lack of skill and formal training.

So if they can make an unskilled fighter good then wouldn't they make a skilled fighter even better?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

UmOk posted:

So if they can make an unskilled fighter good then wouldn't they make a skilled fighter even better?

Nah, because it's a goofy gimmick as opposed to a practical weapon.

Also, Darth Vader wears a cape, so obviously he doesn't need helicopter blades to fly.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Spinning's a good trick!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You know what else is good? Pod racing. Or racing in general. Get ready to see some because a blurry set photo and story rumors suggest Young Han Solo is going to be some sort of Tattooine-ian drag racer.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

(Watching pod racing) Now this is pod racing.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm looking forward to Star Wars Episode Han Racer.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

They should definitely make a pod racing movie (but not set on tatooine)

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I mean poo poo just have an interplanetary pod racing league and there's like an entire small planet JUST used for the final final championships in whatever system Coruscant's in or something.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

El Burbo posted:

They should definitely make a pod racing movie (but not set on tatooine)

Starring Vin Diesel and The Rock.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I guess it's not Canon or whatever but the pod racing game had a really good variety of tracks on various planets, I always liked that one with the volcanic tropical jungle vibe

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Make a Grand Prix movie set on Naboo, space Monaco can't be too different from space Northern Italy.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I can imagine them making a movie about the rebellion recruiting a pod racer for some secret high-stakes mission. You could include a few race scenes and a big race / battle finale.

I realise that this is basically the same "Fast & Furious in Space" idea people have pitched forever just attacked from the different end and I don't care.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Junior Imperial Agent Han Solo is tasked to infiltrate a smuggling ring that have supplied rebels with audiovisual device parts, disguised as a racing tournament. Being an ace pilot makes him rise quickly in the rankings, attracting the attention of the top racer and smuggler leader Chewbacca. Han is close to busting the whole thing wide open, but his sympathies change he when falls in love with Maya, Chewbacca's sister (real name Mayabacca).

Maya is the role played by Emilia Clarke. ILM technicians developed a new technique where they attach sensors to her generous eyebrows and map their movements. Using advanced calculations, they extrapolate the movement of face hair and it allows them to create CG-enhanced wookie face with hairs that move realistically.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Instead of two massive engines towing a cockpit it should just be two cars and a safe.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
We already got Redline though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4y8ph3cH54

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

good. we have the sales pitch

"like that, but star wars and pods"

5/5 mastapeece

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My young son is sick so we've been watching all the Star Wars.

Aotc and rots become more and more enjoyable every time I watch them now. It's great. Aotc in particular has tons of nuance and interesting ideas. I esp now love also the part in rots when padme goes "uh maybe we are the bad guys??!"

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Hot new Star Wars, with more Star Wars coming tomorrow: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-four-covers

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
New character next to Finn and Poe.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Hux made if off Starkiller Base before it blew? I dunno why I thought he bought it there.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Smoke tells him to grab Kylo and leave. That's the last we see of him.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Johnson is a coward and a traitor for not keeping Kylo Ren's scar a huge ugly gash running up and across his nose.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Maybe Phasma will do something more interesting than literally get thrown in the trash this time

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

El Burbo posted:

Maybe Phasma will do something more interesting than literally get thrown in the trash this time

I don't remember any press photos of her without the helmet on last time around, so maybe that means she will.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i can't wait for more adventures of the slimeball hux

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
He's so greasy now!

The new girl is called rose btw, she's some kind of starship mechanic

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Burbo posted:

Disney is trying to create a new Boba Fett, who's just as ineffective as the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

ShineDog posted:

He's so greasy now!

His hair is like a big, red shell.

• Locked thread