Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

two seafoods I've tried and I just can't: oysters and sea urchin. Everything else I'm in. Most underrated: conch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
You love the conch?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

kiimo posted:

two seafoods I've tried and I just can't: oysters and sea urchin. Everything else I'm in. Most underrated: conch.

Big rear end gulf oysters are gross, but the smaller Japanese and west/east coast varieties are great. Had conch on Jamaica, was indeed tasty.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Neil Armbong posted:

Big rear end gulf oysters are gross, but the smaller Japanese and west/east coast varieties are great. Had conch on Jamaica, was indeed tasty.

Oddly, my wife's opinion is the opposite. She hates pacific oysters and we just went to New Orleans and she couldn't stop eating gulf oysters

I don't care either way funnel seafood down my face until I die from mercury poisoning

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Put anything in a fritter and it will own.

Spoeank posted:

Oddly, my wife's opinion is the opposite. She hates pacific oysters and we just went to New Orleans and she couldn't stop eating gulf oysters

I don't care either way funnel seafood down my face until I die from mercury poisoning

This guy gets it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I can't stand oysters, at least not on the half shell. Fried they're tolerable but I'd still prefer something else

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
to me, personally, a fried oyster with some lemon is the best food on the planet. It is the single tastiest bite of food I can imagine, a freshly deep-fried oyster

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I would like to try fancy caviar sometime

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

I can't stand oysters, at least not on the half shell. Fried they're tolerable but I'd still prefer something else

Just about any food fried is delicious though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's a texture thing with the oysters. When I found out that the Alien face-sucker prop was made with oysters it made so much sense to me. Ugh.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Few things make an SA thread explode like food chat lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ryan Tannehill owns and is a top ten advocate for the ethical treatment of dogs. He wrote a letter to the dumb Aggies university president about their practice of breeding dogs with muscular dystrophy for medical experiments.

https://twitter.com/jasonlieser/status/866756342014500864

quote:

Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill doesn’t take many public stances, but he chose to speak up against what he sees as animal cruelty by his alma mater.

As part of PETA’s campaign to stop Texas A&M’s muscular dystrophy experiments on dogs, the organization released a strongly worded letter from Tannehill today calling for the school to halt the program. Tannehill referenced a troubling video of the dogs that circulated late last year.

“Muscular dystrophy is indeed a terrible disease, and there’s no question that a cure must be found,” Tannehill wrote in a letter addressed to university president Michael K. Young. “But subjecting trusting dogs to a shortened lifetime of difficulty, pain, and loneliness is not the way to do it. This cruelty is completely unjustified. Texas A&M’s years of experiments on dogs have not led to a cure or even to an effective treatment. It’s time to reject this failed approach and to put resources into better methods now being used elsewhere.”

Tannehill, a dog owner, grew up in Texas and attended A&M from 2007 through ’11 before the Dolphins drafted him eighth overall. He has been their starting quarterback since 2012.

According to PETA, the dogs are intentionally bred to develop muscular dystrophy for testing purposes and are subjected to difficulty walking, swallowing and breathing because of it.

The university’s school of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences put out a statement in December supporting the need for such research and saying that the dogs “are treated with the utmost respect and exceptional care.

“The facility built for this research is state-of-the-art,” the statement read. “Our work is shared not only nationally but globally with the goal of fidning a cure for this dreadful disease in both children and dogs worldwide. We are proud of our care team, facility and work in support of this endeavor.”

Below is the full text of Tannehill’s letter being circulated by PETA. The Dolphins confirmed this afternoon that it was from Tannehill:

Michael K. Young
President
Texas A&M University

Dear President Young,

I’m writing to you as one of the many people who have seen this heartbreaking footage released by PETA showing the conditions of golden retrievers and other dogs at Texas A&M’s canine muscular dystrophy laboratory. As a dog lover and as an alumnus of your university, I implore you to make the compassionate decision to call for an end to the experiments, stop breeding these dogs, and release them for adoption.

The images from that video will never leave my mind. Muscular dystrophy is indeed a terrible disease, and there’s no question that a cure must be found. But subjecting trusting dogs to a shortened lifetime of difficulty, pain, and loneliness is not the way to do it. This cruelty is completely unjustified. Texas A&M’s years of experiments on dogs have not led to a cure or even to an effective treatment. It’s time to reject this failed approach and to put resources into better methods now being used elsewhere.

Please put a stop to this cruel and fruitless work and adopt these dogs out to compassionate families who will give them all the care and attention that they deserve for the remainder of their lives. Thank you for your attention to this crucial matter.

Sincerely,
Ryan Tannehill

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
If the Ducks lose tonight I have to shave my beard and I really don't want to do that

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It probably looks stupid anyway

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Is blackmail always an illegal act in America? Or is it only illegal if you are using an illegal act as the threat?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Is blackmail always an illegal act in America? Or is it only illegal if you are using an illegal act as the threat?

Pretty much. I mean, if I threaten to show your wife a video of you loving your secretary unless you pay me, then that's blackmail over a legal act.

I think most states treat it as extortion, just with threats of revealing information instead of beating your knees with a bat.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Uh... why are you asking?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Uh... why are you asking?

Just idle thought after some water cooler chatting with some coworkers

Kalli posted:

Pretty much. I mean, if I threaten to show your wife a video of you loving your secretary unless you pay me, then that's blackmail over a legal act.

I think most states treat it as extortion, just with threats of revealing information instead of beating your knees with a bat.

I think it's pretty interesting that it's illegal even if you don't use a criminal act as a threat. In the secretary example, do you think that kind of extortion should be allowed?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Did cardio then leg day. I'm an idiot.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Eh. Probably not but also kind of.

It's like in movies when someone's threatens someone and the other person goes
"Are you threatening me/blackmailing me?"
Like, uh ya dude, what do you think I'm doing. You're not going to go to the cops over it anyone so yes I am

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Did cardio then leg day. I'm an idiot.

Apparently it's better to do cardio post weights out than before. It's been my routine for awhile now.

Embrace the soreness, walk proud on legs that wobble like a newborn calf

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Just idle thought after some water cooler chatting with some coworkers

This is becoming progressively more ominous

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I think it's pretty interesting that it's illegal even if you don't use a criminal act as a threat. In the secretary example, do you think that kind of extortion should be allowed?

For what reason would you want to allow this? I mean that's straight up shaking someone down for money.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Embrace the soreness, walk proud on legs that wobble like a newborn calf

Nobody is talking about anal tho? :confused:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.585a86b1018a

quote:

President Trump asked two of the nation’s top intelligence officials in March to help him push back against an FBI investigation into possible coordination between his campaign and the Russian government, according to current and former officials.

Trump made separate appeals to the director of national intelligence, Daniel Coats, and to Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, urging them to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election.

Coats and Rogers refused to comply with the requests, which they both deemed to be inappropriate, according to two current and two former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president.

Trump sought the assistance of Coats and Rogers after FBI Director James B. Comey told the House Intelligence Committee on March 20 that the FBI was investigating “the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

yeah lets see if we can get these two guys to shut this down. Nah, I'll call them myself

art of the deal, baby!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Grittybeard posted:

For what reason would you want to allow this? I mean that's straight up shaking someone down for money.

I am not pro extortion or anything, I just didn't realize all forms of it are illegal until a conversation at work today and thought it was interesting that emotional coercion is also illegal, it seems hard to prove

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I'ma be in Atlanta over Memorial Day weekend. What are the cool kids doing these days?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shangri-Law School posted:

I'ma be in Atlanta over Memorial Day weekend. What are the cool kids doing these days?

only thing I like in Atlanta is the aquarium lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Smoke pot on Stone Mountain then run down it. You will feel like a superhero.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shangri-Law School posted:

Don't go see an ariana grande concert

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Don't go see an ariana grande concert

https://twitter.com/david_leavitt/status/866790014717497345

*chorus of boos emanates from the crowd*

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

Freelance Writer. CBS, AXS, Yahoo!, Examiner, & etc. I review #Games #Tech #Fashion #Travel. Casual #MTG #Twitch streamer. Inquiry? DavidLeavitt@gmail.com

sorry about your freelance writing career brah

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

kiimo posted:

Smoke pot on Stone Mountain then run down it. You will feel like a superhero.

I went there when I was a kid. I remember having curly fries.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

17,000 responses to that tweet.

Welp, something sure blew up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

17,000 responses to that tweet.

Welp, something sure blew up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Getting my razor ready

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

What an IDIOT!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A bomb made out of nails explodes sending shrapnel into the bodies of teens and ending their young lives in excruciating pain but man Ariana Grande is poo poo music lol is this thing on

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Are oysters kilpatrick a thing in america cause they're the best way to have oysters.

Also lol wtf is that nicki minaj photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

the people who make those jokes are all cut from the same stupid cloth.

• Locked thread