Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

sassassin posted:

They're all aliens.

They are cat and rabbit aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

who would win in a fight, monster carrot or the pride trooper rabbit

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

New Leaf posted:

Beerus and Champa are cats. The other thing is a rabbit.

They're aliens, they look like each other and they aren't cats or rabbits.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Manatee Cannon posted:

who would win in a fight, monster carrot or the pride trooper rabbit

Monster Carrot likes to shake hands with cool people, so him.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

khwarezm posted:

They're aliens, they look like each other and they aren't cats or rabbits.

That's racist.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Maybe they come from a planet with multiple animal species but they are all purple and hairless, like how Earth has dozens of hairless humanoids.

I'm glad Pride Trooper bunny is a rabbit rather than a Beerus clone, it's more interesting.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

sassassin posted:

The entire last episode felt like a response to internet discussions about the show (dbza Popo, godtuber Gowasu, "why don't we use x powerup?", girl-fighters, is pervy Roshi going too far...)

The bolded most especially is dumb, given the two week turn around you're implying with that.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

maybe master roshi will try to perv on one of the girl angels and get annihilated by the gods

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Condiv posted:

maybe master roshi will try to perv on one of the girl angels and get annihilated by the gods

I think we all know its a setup for a joke either involving him perving on Kale and Caulifla and prompting them to go enraged Super Saiyan, especially Kale, or having him fight reverse Sailor Moon and be unable to do anything because of his old man boner until she transforms and he's like 'She's ugly now! I can concentrate again!' and he wins.

Of course in an ideal world he'd by erased from existence by that Nefertiti God of Destruction the second she sees him and Yamcha has to take his place at the last second but that's not going to happen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Did they make the rabbit super hero guy look exactly like Beerus on purpose? Why not pick a different color scheme?

He looks a bit different but the message is probably that Beerus and Champa are part of an alien race rather than being creatures that are only gods or whatever.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Adder Moray posted:

The bolded most especially is dumb, given the two week turn around you're implying with that.

It can still feel like a response to discussion even if it was written and produced before that discussion takes place.

We were all condemning Roshi's monstrous actions, and now he's trying/pretending to change his ways. Perhaps similar discussions took place in the Dragonball Super writers room.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why don't Elder Kai and Goku go to the Time Chamber to do the ritual

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Same reason they didn't gather the dragonballs and wish for Goku to be immortal. Same reason they didn't build another time machine just in case the tournament goes south.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If the writers had any clue what they were doing Goku and Gohan would jump in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber right now and spend the next three months beating each other half to death to max their Zenkai boosts. loving hacks.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why is Goku always farming cabbages and radishes? They are constantly low on Senzu beans, maybe grow a field of those? Idiots!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

they should just get a pen and change the script itself.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

they should just get a pen and change the script itself.

Gotta save this one for after Goku needs a way to handle Vegeta's next powerup.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Hey um I don't want to poo poo up this thread with off-topicness, but is there a place on SA to discuss Xenoverse 2? I didn't see a Games chat in thread search and this thread appears to be just for the TV show.

Do I have to go...off the forums...for talk about the game? :ohdear:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797982&goto=lastpost

Here you go buddy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

extra row of teeth posted:

Hey um I don't want to poo poo up this thread with off-topicness, but is there a place on SA to discuss Xenoverse 2? I didn't see a Games chat in thread search and this thread appears to be just for the TV show.

Do I have to go...off the forums...for talk about the game? :ohdear:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797982

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I suggest this thread instead :twisted:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772278

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's occupied

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Would Goku even have hidden potential to bring out? Gohan spent all his time off not training, but Goku does nothing but get stronger. I can't imagine that ceremony would do very much for him.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

Would Goku even have hidden potential to bring out? Gohan spent all his time off not training, but Goku does nothing but get stronger. I can't imagine that ceremony would do very much for him.

He would unlock SSJ4.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The Walking Dead has actual bad writing that gets in the way of the show. Meanwhile DB fans are obsessive about inconsequential stuff and would ruin the show if any of their ideas made it in. Example: the Super manga.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

The Walking Dead has actual bad writing that gets in the way of the show. Meanwhile DB fans are obsessive about inconsequential stuff and would ruin the show if any of their ideas made it in. Example: the Super manga.

A long form zombie series can't have good writing, because the characters have to be irrational to ever get caught by zombies. Zombies are a metaphor for for other anxieties, so it only works as a movie. The characters are supposed to commit suicide at the end, but that just doesn't work when you need to make a new episode next week.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

A long form zombie series can't have good writing, because the characters have to be irrational to ever get caught by zombies. Zombies are a metaphor for for other anxieties, so it only works as a movie. The characters are supposed to commit suicide at the end, but that just doesn't work when you need to make a new episode next week.

I didnt know zombies had such strict rules gently caress.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Dragon Ball Super should do what Overwatch does: the main thing isn't actually canon, it's random fights for no reason. Any actual lore will be in short, easily ignored one-shots.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No people watch DB for the story not the fights.

As the fights are kind of mediocre.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nobody should expect a weekly anime made in a rush to have an airtight plot either

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Dragon Ball started as a gag manga that just so happened to have punching in it and eventually added more punching to the mix, but the core is the same. I suppose it became more soapy after Z too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The soap opera stuff began with Tao really.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Momomo posted:

There is always more potential

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

HitTheTargets posted:

Dragon Ball Super should do what Overwatch does: the main thing isn't actually canon, it's random fights for no reason. Any actual lore will be in short, easily ignored one-shots.

Overwatch sounds like the dumbest poo poo.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

khwarezm posted:

Overwatch sounds like the dumbest poo poo.

it's cool actually

that idea is dumb tho, as is any idea revolving around dragonball 'canon'

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Brother Entropy posted:

it's cool actually

No sorry, when your story is too important to be sullied by the embarrassing 'game' part of your video game then you're a loving dork.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

khwarezm posted:

No sorry, when your story is too important to be sullied by the embarrassing 'game' part of your video game then you're a loving dork.

It's a strictly multiplayer online shooter. It's not like they could fit an actual story into the game itself. Also the story doesn't matter at all, because it is again an online multiplayer shooter.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's fighting game story only without the final boss.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Oh, yeah, you hella misunderstood me. The story isn't good enough for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm mad that TF2 has flimsy justifications for its maps

• Locked thread