Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Zogo posted:

"Allowed to" is strange language to use. The best players in the league don't need permission.

What the gently caress are you talking about. I love you Zogo. Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hate myself for liking Cool Buff Man because I enjoy hating the Celtics and everyone associated with them so so much.

Also, I have fully accepted stats into my heart and I enjoy when I find out that my eyes are lying. But I will never look at AI's advance stats. When someone tries to tell me his 2001 season wasn't top tier my brain just stops functioning. I was 14 and he owned and the history cannot be changed.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

BWV posted:

I hate myself for liking Cool Buff Man because I enjoy hating the Celtics and everyone associated with them so so much.

Also, I have fully accepted stats into my heart and I enjoy when I find out that my eyes are lying. But I will never look at AI's advance stats. When someone tries to tell me his 2001 season wasn't top tier my brain just stops functioning. I was 14 and he owned and the history cannot be changed.

Cool Buff Man is one of the good ones.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

BWV posted:

Iverson was a god. IT is very very very good.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Thanks guys, but I'm just gonna become a Magic fan.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/desusandmero/status/866775692360470528

Whaaaaaaa

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

RIP

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I'm gonna be a rockets fan

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Thank you for the support in these troubled times. Basketball is life, after all.

It is the reason for the season.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

My Bulls fandom comes with a complementary Bucks one so I'm set

Edit

https://twitter.com/NESN/status/866405713433833472

:laffo:

Dexo fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 22, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Iverson was a god. IT is very very very good.

See this is my problem. Because I know IT is very very good and an exceptionally efficient scorer at a high usage. But when I watch I still think he's not in that top tier of guys. And yet in memory Iverson was the so dominant those years. Now, Im sure if I went back and looked and PLUGGING MY EARS DONT TELL ME PLZ

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Time posted:

I'm gonna be a rockets fan

I hear new rocket fans get a commemorative broken Yao foot c/d?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If Khlore marries Tristan the Raps need to re-sign everyone. East suddenly becomes wide-open.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

Edit

TT has good friends.

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Don't do this to yourself, man. Life is beautiful and precious. Don't waste it.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dexo posted:

Edit

i like how lebron is presented as like a rabbi whose permission thompson needs to marry

don't do it tristan, you have so much to live for

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
It's because lebron made him so he could as easily unmake him

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

zoux posted:

He seems content to back down some one in the post to about 10 feet and do that runner half hook across the lane. Aside from that one game, he's been terrible. It kills me to say because he's from UT but...he may be bad now.

He's basically the same guy as ever. He's surprisingly unathletic for a guy who looks like he has a perfect basketball body, he has bad hands that lead to him missing tons of shots around the basket that you would expect your All-Star big man to make, and he disappears often enough that you just cannot rely on him to be the #1 option on a really good team. This is why his constant complaints about being overlooked or taken for granted while Roy/Lillard got all the credit were funny, because he's much better suited to be a complementary guy than a #1.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

It is the reason for the season.

Cheers Rick. We're rivals on two different levels, unlikely combatants - Lakers. Celtics. Arizona. ASU. And yet I love you like a brother. Basketball can heal the world.

Icy Penguigo posted:

Don't do this to yourself, man. Life is beautiful and precious. Don't waste it.

You guys talked me out of it. Thank you.

Papercut posted:

He's basically the same guy as ever. He's surprisingly unathletic for a guy who looks like he has a perfect basketball body, he has bad hands that lead to him missing tons of shots around the basket that you would expect your All-Star big man to make, and he disappears often enough that you just cannot rely on him to be the #1 option on a really good team. This is why his constant complaints about being overlooked or taken for granted while Roy/Lillard got all the credit were funny, because he's much better suited to be a complementary guy than a #1.

He's always been the one of the least "impressive" looking stars to watch but that long midranger used to be automatic

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 22, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

hi magic fan here don't you will hate basketball

thanks

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/866781290665836545
Stop stealing our people Orlando :argh:

Weltman was also the assistant GM for the Bucks and had a role in getting Giannis drafted

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No surprise here but Kawhi is out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe Pop is trying to make Pau not take his player option

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
LeBron made Rich Paul put in TT's contract that he has to give LeBron all his money if he marries Khloe.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lol are you kidding me? It's weird to discuss a contract situation that will definitely become an issue that will have to be dealt with just because it's not happening next season?

I think Tae was saying what I did earlier, that his play in this series and their win without him are totally irrelevant to his contract, which is going to be based mostly on his play next season (it'll be good if his hips aren't shot and he'll earn a max or near it). He's only like a 6th year guy so I'm not even sure the max is all that big for him.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Zogo posted:

You could take the entire fourteen other EC teams and build a team from the best and they'd still lose to LBJ and this team.
Jimmy Butler, Isaiah Thomas, Kyle Lowry, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jonas Valanciunas will lose.

Lol no. First off it would be Lowry/Butler/George/Giannis/Embiid, second off the bench of Thomas/Wall/Derozen/Millsap/Whiteside is an all time great Scrub Clearing Squad

Cool Buff Man posted:

Welcome friend. Please have a talk with my wife about her lingering Celtics prediliction

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 23, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

I think Tae was saying what I did earlier, that his play in this series and their win without him are totally irrelevant to his contract, which is going to be based mostly on his play next season (it'll be good if his hips aren't shot and he'll earn a max or near it). He's only like a 6th year guy so I'm not even sure the max is all that big for him.

Yeah, it looks like he's just at the mark where he only gets 25% of the cap instead of 30%.

And I think some people are worried that 22 million starting is a lot of money. That's 16 million under the previous CBA, standard rookie max. It's not that bad, because the Celtics are out of cap even if they let IT go next offseason unless they totally whiff on a max free agent this offseason.

Lockback posted:

I think after next year he'll have 7 years under him, which makes him eligible for 30% of the cap, or a 35% DPE if Sacramento wants to offer him a deal. That's a pretty hefty max contract.

Is it 7? He was drafted in '11, wasn't he? drat, that changes things.

Tae fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 23, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

DeimosRising posted:

I think after next year he'll have 7 years under him, which makes him eligible for 30% of the cap, or a 35% DPE if Sacramento wants to offer him a deal. That's a pretty hefty max contract.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

I see what you're saying, but this series/that win wasn't the catalyst for my opinion. I've been saying the same thing here about how I think they're likely to pass on signing him to a max for a long time while also homering over every goofy game he produced this year. I also think he'd be extremely hard-pressed to have the same sort of year he had this season so I'm not entirely sure another season would prove anything else that we haven't seen. Guess we'll wait and see

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Yeah I forgot the cutoff was 7, so his max is 30,600,000 a year.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

I see what you're saying, but this series/that win wasn't the catalyst for my opinion. I've been saying the same thing here about how I think they're likely to pass on signing him to a max for a long time while also homering over every goofy game he produced this year. I also think he'd be extremely hard-pressed to have the same sort of year he had this season so I'm not entirely sure another season would prove anything else that we haven't seen. Guess we'll wait and see

Yeah I don't think it would be a good deal for the Celtics unless they do something else to get their window open wider in the meantime, but I think he's worth 30 million under the new cap in a broader sense, to like, New York for example or whomever

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah I don't think it would be a good deal for the Celtics unless they do something else to get their window open wider in the meantime, but I think he's worth 30 million under the new cap in a broader sense, to like, New York for example or whomever

It's gonna be an internal struggle if I see him on the Knicks but he's got such a dang nice smile. It's like a miniature version of LL Cool J's.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Kawhi is officially out for game 4.

https://twitter.com/jabarijyoung/status/866772390197460992

Here's another clip of the Warriors being dirty and taking cheap shots.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Bashez posted:

Kawhi is officially out for game 4.

https://twitter.com/jabarijyoung/status/866772390197460992

Here's another clip of the Warriors being dirty and taking cheap shots.

The great ones tell their (opponent's) body... not today

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
The warriors are just reenacting their favorite team the monstars. One game derrick williams is going go off for like 20 points and in the next game he'll get elbows knees and nut shots every second he is on the court until they gotta carry him off with a stretcher

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

You're all delusional

Go Steph Curry Dubs

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Paperback Writer posted:

You're all delusional

Fell for the bashez trap

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

The warriors are just reenacting their favorite team the monstars. One game derrick williams is going go off for like 20 points and in the next game he'll get elbows knees and nut shots every second he is on the court until they gotta carry him off with a stretcher

warriors fans will produce a close up shot of dahntay jones elbow, thus proving bisecting a man with your limbs is a natural part of the game

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Just shut Kawhi down. No need to risk it at this point. Spurs will be good for as long as they have Leonard and Popovich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dexo posted:

Edit

Lmao

• Locked thread