Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

What if they turn all these monsters into an urban fantasy series where they all interact with each other and have some inter and intra species politicking? They can call it World of Darkness or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Hopefully The Mummy bombs so that the cycle of announcing the next monster movie as the fresh start of a huge franchise gets to continue.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sir Kodiak posted:

Hopefully The Mummy bombs so that the cycle of announcing the next monster movie as the fresh start of a huge franchise gets to continue.

The Mummy is an A-Tier monster, I'm looking forward to when they're scraping the bottom of the C-Tier.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Tom Cruise is definitely playing Van Helsing, right?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

No, he's playing soldier of fortune Buff McHardcase, his character from the upcoming Mummy.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

well why not posted:

Probably. Or he could end up being the wolf man.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Iron Crowned posted:

The Mummy is an A-Tier monster, I'm looking forward to when they're scraping the bottom of the C-Tier.

Universal proudly presents...

...an exciting new origin film for a universe of supernatural adventure.................

..................SLEEPWALKERS

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Cruise's character was called Tyler Colt in earlier drafts but they ended up running with Nick Morton

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
We were missing this nice picture of the future stars

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/866712556957822981

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

We were missing this nice picture of the future stars

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/866712556957822981

LOL at how carefully they arranged the photo so that the other dudes weren't towering over Cruise, and even then they probably had to photoshop it.

For reference, Crowe is 5 inches taller than Cruise.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Tom Cruise is going to be The Mummy and they only took a picture with her in it to trick people into thinking they aren't going to get rid of her in the movie.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If he's going to be fighting monsters in a bunch of movies being a short little dude works in the movies favors and will make the monster boys he fights more imposing, if he doesn't have some kind of "shot at equal height" clause.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Iron Crowned posted:

Swamp thing

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Swamp Thing is a comic book character later popularized by Alan Moore, not a universal monster.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm down for this so long as the group that comes together to fight the monsters are the Monster Squad.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope the overarching theme is John Williams and Mariah Brink producing a hardcore updated orchestral metal core Monster Mash.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm down for this so long as the group that comes together to fight the monsters are the Monster Squad.

Now there's a reboot worth making. Kids today are sorely uninformed about wolfman's nards.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Iron Crowned posted:

Oh they've got a bunch like Murders in the Rue Morgue, The Black Cat and The Phantom Creeps

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want a reboot of all the kick-rear end Roger Corman Vincent Price Edgar Allen Poe movies

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Grendels Dad posted:

Dick van Dyke is still alive?!

Any chance to repost this.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

He dies so horribly, they jump back to 1890?

1910, you philistine!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh they've got a bunch like Murders in the Rue Morgue, The Black Cat and The Phantom Creeps

All decent suggestions.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

No, he's playing soldier of fortune Buff McHardcase, his character from the upcoming Mummy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

I'm sorry.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I want a reboot of all the kick-rear end Roger Corman Vincent Price Edgar Allen Poe movies

Why?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I guess I don't. Just wanna marathon watch them in a theater cause they fuckin rock.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The most interesting thing here is that they are not just making Frankenstein movie, Bride of Frankenstein.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a crime that Vincent Price never played Dr Frankenstein

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

This tumblr post is now a movie - http://elizabitchtaylor.tumblr.com/post/90856351997/they-look-like-theyre-in-a-heist-movie-with

( it inspired a movie, close enough)

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/22/rihanna-lupita-nyongo-ava-duvernay-movie/

quote:

After dramatic negotiation session at the Cannes Film Festival, Netflix has nabbed a film project pairing Grammy winner Rihanna with Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o, in a concept that began as a Twitter sensation. Ava DuVernay (Selma) will direct, and Issa Rae (Insecure) is writing the screenplay.

According to sources, Netflix landed the project in a very aggressive bid, beating out multiple other suitors. Netflix had no comment.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

That's pretty adorable :3:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I hope they get paid but the movie never gets made because that would make it THE ULTIMATE SCAM.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

well why not posted:

It would appear that they're not including Dracula at all.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
When is Hammer going to remake their horror franchises? I'd be way more interested in those.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Anthony Hopkins can reprise the role

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

got any sevens posted:

Anthony Hopkins can reprise the role

Now he's too busy cashing those checks from Michael Bay.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

James Wan to produce new Resident Evil movies.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Now he's too busy cashing those checks from Michael Bay.

I hope he gets cast whenever we need someone to spout nonsense about robots.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's a crime that Vincent Price never played Dr Frankenstein
Or that we haven't invented time travel to get him to play Dr. Strange

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Pretty excited for The Mole Men Netflix offshoot of THE DARK UNIVERSE

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I've now seen the trailer for the new Transformers in theater a couple times now and I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around how much of a total clusterfuck it seems.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Glamorama26 posted:

Pretty excited for The Mole Men Netflix offshoot of THE DARK UNIVERSE

Why haven't they done this yet? Bring back their old b movies. Same thing for whoever owns American International's catalog.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I've now seen the trailer for the new Transformers in theater a couple times now and I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around how much of a total clusterfuck it seems.

It's a transformers movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
To be fair, it's probably going to be 4 hours long. And they'll get away with it because 3 hour long movies always break $1 billion world wide. That extra hour will guarantee another 1/3 of a billion.

• Locked thread