Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Totally unrelated, but I got my rear end carried in Payday 2 for six hours straight.

Edit: gently caress, new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I figured I'd throw some builds out here again for folks who'd prefer to copy them than worry with the modularized build bites of the steam guide or doing their own build science:

Crew Chief was good before it recently got buffed, so here's one using a semi-auto modded Steakout and an Arbiter with jokers and aced nine lives so you can hop right into One Down with it. Every group needs a Crew Chief!

Gambler similarly got some recent buffs and was already good as well. Very similar to the above Crew Chief, the Steakout included is changed to full-auto and with aced fully loaded can definitely afford to let the 000 fly. Someone's gotta bring ammo bags and it might as well be the Gambler. Giving the entire team health and ammo restore is amazingly useful.

Crook also got buffs and much like the previous two, really didn't need them. This is an LBV version with a semi-auto modded Izhma for general shooty-duty and a 5/7 for pesky shields and snipers

Crook is generally thought of as an LBV deck, but using HBV doesn't even preclude taking additional dodge and crits necessarily. This build uses akimbo Chimano Compacts in place of the shotgun and a slightly more concealable 5/7 for shields and snipers.

Crook doesn't necessarily need to go in for extra dodge at all. A Crook in HBV has more armor than CTV grants, with a 25 standing dodge (+10 while sprinting) in spite of using decidedly nonconcealable weapons. This one uses aced Body Expertise/Surfire and an LMG modded over the critical breakpoint, again backed up by an Arbiter for counter-sniper/shield usage.

Gambler not being a dodge deck similarly doesn't necessarily mean you can't go dodge/crits with it. This build fared surprisingly well on high end sprees until past 200 the base detection modifiers pushed crits out of relevance. 91 armor and 5 standing dodge isn't very much durability, but with +30% health from the jokers and health restore from ammo pickups it works better than it has any right to. A CAR-4 for general dakka and a 5/7 for shields/snipers meet concealment requirements and their ammo problems are solved via aced fully loaded.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
The JP36 is a good gun with aced Body Expertise, crits and/or silencer skills, but there's no reason to use the it while the CAR-4 exists because the CAR-4 can do everything it does and more, and both are from the base game.

There should be an option/skill to be able to take some of these assault rifles as secondary weapons, might actually get more people to use them. That or akimbo JP36s.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Wastrel_ posted:

The JP36 is a good gun with aced Body Expertise, crits and/or silencer skills, but there's no reason to use the it while the CAR-4 exists because the CAR-4 can do everything it does and more, and both are from the base game.

There should be an option/skill to be able to take some of these assault rifles as secondary weapons, might actually get more people to use them. That or akimbo JP36s.

It's got a bigger ammo pool so if you go Frenzerk and Silencers it can shred like a CAR-4 with even less ammo problems

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Wastrel_ posted:

CAR-4 pickup max 11 rounds, JP36 max 17 rounds, so no, in terms of "having infinite ammo" the CAR-4 is not nearly as good as the JP36. I really wish more people would use More Weapon Stats or Better Weapon Stats to see pickup, it'd stop em ragging on guns like the JP36 unfairly. If people could see pickup, they'd probably also stop trying to use shotguns that aren't Steakouts/Izhma's!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Nah, I have that installed and I still think the JP36 is crap. Way too much effort/point investment at best.

Also the Locomotive is still king of shotgun mountain, sorry.

More Weapon Stats is the mod that's still functioning. Better Weapon Stats is the original and non-functional one, whose creator quit after microtransactions.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 12:46 on May 21, 2017

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

chairface posted:

CAR-4 pickup max 11 rounds, JP36 max 17 rounds, so no, in terms of "having infinite ammo" the CAR-4 is not nearly as good as the JP36. I really wish more people would use More Weapon Stats or Better Weapon Stats to see pickup, it'd stop em ragging on guns like the JP36 unfairly. If people could see pickup, they'd probably also stop trying to use shotguns that aren't Steakouts/Izhma's!

There's no real difference in having 6 fewer bullets per pickup. At no point when I've used the CAR-4 on any heist have I been anywhere close to running out of ammo, excepting the times when due to various reasons poo poo has just gone totally sideways. In those cases 6 fewer bullets per ammo box helps nothing. Not to mention that in general for AR builds I now pack at least 1 ammo bag and more usually 2 maxed ones.

I'm also not unfairly ragging on the JP36, as I've said it's a good gun but the CAR-4 is objectively better in every meaningful way.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Does anyone have a link to the fix for pocohud that fixes the bug that makes you crash when using DB rounds? I tried searching but couldnt find anything.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pocomods/discussions/2/312265320059625926/#c135509472109859780

Use a Lua/text editor and add that to your Hud3.lua file. I'm still running r467 instead of r469 but I used that fix and have no issues with DB rounds.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
It's worth remembering in the weapons and balance discussion that even the weakest player in this thread (read: me) has way more skill and knowledge of game systems than even the really skilled pubbies.

This is Brick's cue to post that Big Bank Vox Accuracy image.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 21, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

When running Maniac, how high up does the blue bar go? Should it end up being a full circle, or will it only go so far?

UnknownMercenary posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pocomods/discussions/2/312265320059625926/#c135509472109859780

Use a Lua/text editor and add that to your Hud3.lua file. I'm still running r467 instead of r469 but I used that fix and have no issues with DB rounds.
Awesome thank you, that did the trick.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Valkyria is another amazing crit/bullethose/silencer vehicle with great pickup. Highly recommended.

Also, don't use the basic notepad for doing the Poco fix. Even the basic wordpad would work fine, but notepad will seemingly insert junk characters/spaces in to things you edit and mess up the file entirely.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Or get a real text editor because Notepad and Wordpad are both Badpad.

Notepad++, Atom, Sublime, join the dark side of text editors... with attitude. Vim if you literally hate yourself. Nano if you hate yourself and are too lazy to install Vim. Options abound!

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
So, tried a crimespree for the first time the other night. Started at level 0 and made it to 102 before my game crashed and it wanted like 70 coins to continue so I just cashed out.

I was playing with randos and I could tell they weren't super skilled, but we were still beating the missions handily at level 100. Does the difficulty scale up to DW and beyond as you go, or is the difficulty only ramped up by the mutators the host selects?

I'd like to join someone else's crimespree who maybe has a game that crashes less and is less likely to fail the spree for everyone involved, but I've never seen a joinable one on crime.net. Is there some setting I have to toggle in order for them to appear, or are they just super rare perhaps because everyone is forming pre-made lobbies?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

King Gonorrhea posted:

So, tried a crimespree for the first time the other night. Started at level 0 and made it to 102 before my game crashed and it wanted like 70 coins to continue so I just cashed out.

I was playing with randos and I could tell they weren't super skilled, but we were still beating the missions handily at level 100. Does the difficulty scale up to DW and beyond as you go, or is the difficulty only ramped up by the mutators the host selects?

I'd like to join someone else's crimespree who maybe has a game that crashes less and is less likely to fail the spree for everyone involved, but I've never seen a joinable one on crime.net. Is there some setting I have to toggle in order for them to appear, or are they just super rare perhaps because everyone is forming pre-made lobbies?

Probably the latter. Join the Goon discord (shoot me a PM and I'll invite you) and you can experience how it works.

Only changes selected by the host increase difficulty, so eventually the game runs out of unique cards and every 10 levels the host has to increase all enemy damage and health by a stacking percentage. This leads to something approximating DW/OD difficulty.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://modworkshop.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=19568

You should install this.

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
I will do both those things, thanks!

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
I've known about that mod for some time, but I refrained from posting about it for one reason. It allows you to alt+f4 out and keep your spree. Meaning you're on the honor system while using it.

Funnily, the moment I installed it myself, I stopped experiencing constant spree crashes.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Only changes selected by the host increase difficulty, so eventually the game runs out of unique cards and every 10 levels the host has to increase all enemy damage and health by a stacking percentage. This leads to something approximating DW/OD difficulty.
It's more like OD difficulty if OD difficulty were remotely fair. No amount of damage/health buffs make OVK cops stop shooting like Stormtroopers.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Just wait till Jules listens to all our desires for more mutator diversity in sprees and gives us the +accuracy over range cards we always wanted.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I NEED TO STEAL THAT loving SAUDI ORB.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

It needs to be a trophy for the safehouse. Imagine coming in to find Dallas is just using it as a paperweight.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crabtree posted:

To stealth the mission all you have to put on the flaming Trump mask and walk in casually.

"Must... replenish... my powers..."

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm on my phone, what mod is this? (Quoting in part so I can find the link when I am back at my computer)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm on my phone, what mod is this? (Quoting in part so I can find the link when I am back at my computer)

"Stop the crimespree loss on crash"

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Dear Overkill,

We need to have a frank discussion on how many cops are spawning on lower difficulties. You are driving away new players. Having Very Hard spawn Tan cops in droves of 30 is not a good idea.

Thanks.

- A concerned criminal

P.S. Fire Jules

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh

King Gonorrhea posted:

So, I discovered on my own that yes, there is a toggle to you need to flip in order to see joinable crime sprees. From Crime.net, hit F to see your filter options, and at the top you can switch between what types of jobs you're being shown. Just posting this in case anyone else comes along with the same problem.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
I was helping a new arrival while using the grinder deck, and the sheer number of cops was actually more than grinder could heal back a lot of the time.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Fuuka Ayase posted:

I was helping a new arrival while using the grinder deck, and the sheer number of cops was actually more than grinder could heal back a lot of the time.

Yup. Hence my post. :(

vvv: Thank you!

Malek fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 22, 2017

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Just backing you up. I had never bothered playing VH myself, as I had people helping me through Overkill from day one. I was kind of appalled by how much damage VH was doing.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Malek posted:

Dear Overkill,

We need to have a frank discussion on how many cops are spawning on lower difficulties. You are driving away new players. Having Very Hard spawn Tan cops in droves of 30 is not a good idea.

Thanks.

- A concerned criminal

P.S. Fire Jules

Counterpoint, any skill under Mayhem is (or was) too loving easy.

Other than enemy types I can barely tell Normal, Very Hard and Overkill apart.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
It is utterly mad the quantity of dudes that get shovelled into the killzone, though. Like an average mission will leave 1600 cops dead. We're entering Great War "over the top" territory at this point.

Might be worth considering making criminals more fragile but sending less guys against them?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Normal's the one with shields.
Hard's the one with tasers.
Very Hard's the one with cloakers and bulldozers.
Overkill's the one with medics.
Mayhem's the one with bullet sponges.
Death Wish's the one with more damage.
One Down's the one with no design.

Side note: The only supposed difference between Very Hard and Overkill is that you can kill with body shots more easily. And the medics.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 22, 2017

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

King Vidiot posted:

Counterpoint, any skill under Mayhem is (or was) too loving easy.

Other than enemy types I can barely tell Normal, Very Hard and Overkill apart.

My complaint was about introducing new players. That many cops with a low build and being new to the game kinda chases then off.

I used to be able to do Hard for a new player to break them into loud with an AMCAR and they could be okay with about 8 to 12 on screen. I was around 35 on Very Hard for Jewelry Store.

vvv: Normal is a bit too easy for someone that knows some FPS's. But either way, will see what Vox says.

Malek fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 22, 2017

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
If I was introducing a new player I'd do normal and let them take the lead while I try something unusual, like sniping.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I've long been of the opinion that the game should start difficulty at Very Hard. Of course, this was back before Housewarming, and we already had too many difficulties. 7 difficulties right now is 3 too many.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I haven't been around for a while, and I recall a very active few members who were looking for the "Secret" in Payday 2, like there was the secret bank vault in the First World Bank in Payday. Vox, if I recall, was VERY VOCAL about it here. Did anything ever come from that?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
they've definitely been putting in a number of hints that something is going on SEEKRIT wise, but nobody has come across an electrum-plated vault filled with angry gold elementals yet, no

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So I haven't been around for a while, and I recall a very active few members who were looking for the "Secret" in Payday 2, like there was the secret bank vault in the First World Bank in Payday. Vox, if I recall, was VERY VOCAL about it here. Did anything ever come from that?

Like Coolguy says, there's a whole collection of very explicit references to it (and they've ramped up a bit), but nothing actually unlockable in the game. In practice we'll know if something gets added, because the methods people usually use to read the game files will likely stop working.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Discendo Vox posted:

Like Coolguy says, there's a whole collection of very explicit references to it (and they've ramped up a bit), but nothing actually unlockable in the game. In practice we'll know if something gets added, because the methods people usually use to read the game files will likely stop working.

Well that is disappointing, since I recall back then they were teasing that it was already in. :(

:sigh: