Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xarph
Jun 18, 2001

I really wish there was an option to automatically use an ammo pack when you're at 0/0. I'd probably use up some of these 70 packs I've stockpiled. I had the same problem in ME3. Wish I knew why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Man the multi does just doesn't feel as satisfying as ME3 does, even with all the buffs and stuff its just feels so anemic to shoot stuff or pop combos.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I use ammo consumables a lot because Sticky/Frag Grenades and Trip Mines are OP as gently caress

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
So I just had a very interesting bug that I haven't seen before: On wave 7, I died, except I didn't. The screen went all washed out like when you die, enemies no longer targeted me, and I couldn't move. I could, however, continue to shoot and kill things! So I was basically an invincible Dhan turret that forced a partial extraction. Revive and health packs did nothing, and were not consumed. Neat.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Speaking of the Dhan, I got it last night. How are people using it? I tried it on Huntress and SalInf and it seemed good but what's the reason to use it over an Ushior or Piranha or Hesh?

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
The Dhan has the highest DPS of any multi-shot weapon.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
I've been using the Dhan pretty much exclusively today leveling the Krogan Mercenary, so I think I've had enough time with it to give a decent answer. You use it because it makes wet fart sounds and behaves unpredictably. The enemy will never suspect a point blank shot to miss them by coming into being behind them and hitting the floor! Seriously do not fire while in contact with the enemy, it doesn't always work, neither should you fire while too far from the enemy because it has a hard cap on projectile travel distance (I think 17 meters is what I read somewhere, seems about right). The real trick is, like the Thokin, the shot doesn't fly straight, it naturally curves and that can make you miss a ton of what you consider good shots; but it will also let you do goofy fun poo poo like shoot around a corner from the middle of a room and actually hit an enemy taking cover against the outside of a doorway. Also, once you can actually reliably use to hit weakpoints, it's got a nice weakpoint damage bonus. I don't know how much, but it seems like a pretty nice bump from just a normal hit. Basically, it's a unique weapon that doesn't REALLY function like a traditional shotgun like the Piranha (or how I imagine the Piranha works, I can't get it or most of the UR characters to save my drat life).

Speaking of the Krogan Merc: Holy poo poo Flak Cannon is loving good. Like, REALLY good. Flamethrower's nice for armored things if you build that way (it makes super quick work of most of the mid-range outlaws and even berserkers) but not super great otherwise, but drat that Flak Cannon is sweet. I went for the stun and the larger shrapnel explosions and with the new shotgun and grenade equipment I can carry 7 shots (possibly 9 depending on how I spec weapons training). I finally have a reason to start using ammo packs now so I can spam aoe stuns all game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm never quite sure where I should be aiming Flak Cannon for maximum damage. Sometimes it's basically like a mini Cobra, sometimes it barely does anything.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

I'm never quite sure where I should be aiming Flak Cannon for maximum damage. Sometimes it's basically like a mini Cobra, sometimes it barely does anything.

It fires a cluster animation, so it works better in areas that will bounce the rounds back.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

precision posted:

That sounds like a normal cobra to be honest. Sometimes it kill stuff in one hit, sometimes it does nothing...

Can't remember if it's been said, but do single player settings still do something with multiplayer? What should you set your single player to?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

precision posted:

I use ammo consumables a lot because Sticky/Frag Grenades and Trip Mines are OP as gently caress
Ive been trying to figure out taking the last option in fortify or 3 points in frags on Turian soldier. Frags are neat so a little buff seems handy and the last options in Fortify seem kinda crap?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It stuns like avenger strike does, which is pretty great in theory.

I've found stuns don't apply properly sometimes though (might have something to do with lag). At least with the avenger you can cloak and gently caress off if it happens, with the soldier you're left holding your dick... and you just turned off your armour.

edit: one option does anyway, the other is what... 5 extra damage resistance per second if you stand still? How often do you stand still in this game?

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Rocketpriest posted:

So I just had a very interesting bug that I haven't seen before: On wave 7, I died, except I didn't. The screen went all washed out like when you die, enemies no longer targeted me, and I couldn't move. I could, however, continue to shoot and kill things! So I was basically an invincible Dhan turret that forced a partial extraction. Revive and health packs did nothing, and were not consumed. Neat.

Happened to me once when I got shot to death while in the middle of an Adhi grab. I was a Vanguard even, so I could still Charge to move around. It was only wave 5, though, so when Wave 6 started everything went back to normal.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
When that happened to me it wasn't wave 7 so it was fixed next wave but I could still move around using my jetpack. It was neat.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Hahahahahahahahahah gently caress Kett and bad internet connections! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DdML4tYhH0

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Flipswitch posted:

Ive been trying to figure out taking the last option in fortify or 3 points in frags on Turian soldier. Frags are neat so a little buff seems handy and the last options in Fortify seem kinda crap?

The only decent(ish) use for Priming Fortify Blast is on KroGuard, but in order to build that way you have to dump Nova, which does the exact same thing (AoE stun/primer) but worse. I mean you could forego some points in Rage or the other passive and max Charge/Nova/Fortify but as I say it's kind of redundant and gimmicky.

The cooldown on Fortify isn't that bad though so I could see some edge case in the future where there's a kit that wants to do it. In ME3 the Asari Sentinel's best build was one that detonated Tech Armor (the "suicide bomber" build).

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

tooterfish posted:

It stuns like avenger strike does, which is pretty great in theory.

I've found stuns don't apply properly sometimes though (might have something to do with lag). At least with the avenger you can cloak and gently caress off if it happens, with the soldier you're left holding your dick... and you just turned off your armour.

edit: one option does anyway, the other is what... 5 extra damage resistance per second if you stand still? How often do you stand still in this game?

Never for more than a few seconds at a time tbh. I'm quite a twitchy player so may just throw 3 points in frags and say bollocks to it.

precision posted:

The only decent(ish) use for Priming Fortify Blast is on KroGuard, but in order to build that way you have to dump Nova, which does the exact same thing (AoE stun/primer) but worse. I mean you could forego some points in Rage or the other passive and max Charge/Nova/Fortify but as I say it's kind of redundant and gimmicky.

The cooldown on Fortify isn't that bad though so I could see some edge case in the future where there's a kit that wants to do it. In ME3 the Asari Sentinel's best build was one that detonated Tech Armor (the "suicide bomber" build).
Yea turning off my armour seems dumb and the other ability seems marginal as hell

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Anyone else have this weird problem where sometimes you just can't... move forward/backward?

On a controller, occasionally after getting back up, or after charging someone I just can't move forward/backward anymore and have to strafe or dash everywhere.

Pressing 'W' on the keyboard still works, but nada on the controller. It's weird.

Dying and getting back up, or charging again fixes it.

But generally if that happens I'm probably gonna die out of annoyance.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/2sJ2SlD.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/Yl4KUPk.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/xPRMNJe.gifv

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Was halfway expecting a Fiend to grab you in that last one

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Zakmonster posted:

Happened to me once when I got shot to death while in the middle of an Adhi grab. I was a Vanguard even, so I could still Charge to move around. It was only wave 5, though, so when Wave 6 started everything went back to normal.

This happened to me too, I think it's a bug if you get killed while you're being grabbed or right as you break out of a grab. It was pretty amazing because it was during a hack so I just stood in the middle of the point and murdered everything while my teammates kept getting killed. I believe dodge and jetpack work for moving around. It's a much better bug than the one where you can't turn anymore unless you're using your jetpack.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What's the verdict on the Humie Soldier Concussion shot? seems a bit meh after maxing it, might respec and throw em into frags.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

What's the verdict on the Humie Soldier Concussion shot? seems a bit meh after maxing it, might respec and throw em into frags.

If you pick the upgrade that makes it use power cells it's a fantastic detonator with no cooldown; use an ammo consumable or stick with someone with multiple/quick cooldown primers and go to town. Bonus points if there's an asari adept you can just follow around detonating poo poo constantly with only quick sprints to ammo boxes in between. Do be mindful of the internal cooldown on the same enemy being detonated by the same kind of combo though, you gotta cycle targets.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah Concussive Shot is not-so-secretly one of the best powers in the game and HuSol is great (if you don't mind getting bored of how easy everything dies)

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah, the best way to play a HumSol is to detonate things with Concussive Shot. If you don't have a teammate who can reliably prime, an ammo consumable is the way to go.

Cons: You're stuck to using a small list of weapons, although these weapons are by and large very good. PAW, Shadow, Ghost, Cyclone (after the buff), Hurricane, Soned, Rozerad.

Also you will go through those ammo consumables very quickly. It doesn't help that shooting things with ammo powers and then detonating them is my preferred style of play on any class that can conceivably do it (Sentinels, Asari Huntress/Adept/Duelist, Krogan Engineer).

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I ended up going for the recharge speed for the shot, I'll have to give the other one a go.i sort of skimmed past it originally. Turbocharge seems too good to ignore but I miss buffing frags.

I've been liking the Cyclone after the buff, it spews bullets and primes like crazy. I've not got the Ghost but I've been using the Shadow to death on other classes so decided to use something different. Same for the PAW.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I freaking love playing "ammo primers and detonate poo poo". It is definitely the most fun I have, and the reason I love the HuSent. I'm really learning to embrace the Huntress too, if you don't worry about Stealth Grid and max out Offensive Biotics and Barrier she is hard to kill (because you'll still be able to stay almost constantly cloaked if you want to) and throw some combo of weapons like Shadow/Equalizer (or the budget version, Raptor/Charger).

I'm up to Valiant 2 and I still really don't know what the point of it is, the Vanquisher seems "strictly better" to me, I know they had to nerf the Valiant from the ridiculous level it was at in ME3MP but even hitting weakpoints it seems like the Rare rifles are better.

Still no new UR classes, but I've finally maxed all the Rare classes bar Agent so maybe soon I'll get better than Pistol Barrel 2.

Oh another hilarious great thing to do with Huntress, if you decide to go max Stealth Grid and leave 1 point in Throw or Lance, give her a Scorpion X and kill entire spawns before your cloak even wears off. Seriously.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Flipswitch posted:

I ended up going for the recharge speed for the shot, I'll have to give the other one a go.i sort of skimmed past it originally. Turbocharge seems too good to ignore but I miss buffing frags.

I've been liking the Cyclone after the buff, it spews bullets and primes like crazy. I've not got the Ghost but I've been using the Shadow to death on other classes so decided to use something different. Same for the PAW.

Take 4b in concussive shot (repeat concussion). It allows you to play mostly out of cover and teabag mooks as you move between ammo crates.

Turbo Charge is ok to good depending on the weapon you use and HuSol can use pretty much any weapon. If using a sniper rile or some other weapon that doesn't depend on rate of fire + accuracy to be good, I would just leave Turbo Charge at 1 to 3 points. Concussive Shot is fine at 5 points. It can do big damage if you detonate with it but I use it more for the knockdown.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

What's the ideal TurSol build? I'm playing around with it for now, but I'm sure there's some better loadout I'm overlooking.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ohrwurm posted:

What's the ideal TurSol build? I'm playing around with it for now, but I'm sure there's some better loadout I'm overlooking.

Fortify only needs 4 points, max Frags, max first Passive (go for Hold the Line and Defensive Positioning), 4 points in Aerial Combat, after you do all that, start putting point in Turbocharge (it only needs 1 point to be good)

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
You can also have fun with Accuracy builds if you have one of the good auto-weapons (Soned, Revenant, Ghost, Indra X) or aim to max out damage/firerate for everything else. Power Armor only needs to go to 4 unless you are doing an accuracy build.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How does accuracy effect Remnant laser guns?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I've gone from enjoying the game to not over the last few days, again. Sure, different builds are fun to experiment with, but there's no real challenge. Without either a platinum mode or some new type of thing to fight against the game just turns into a massive grind for credits since levels stop mattering as much when you can just use all the gear you have access to. Even rather weak classes can fling an RPG at big enemies and groups after all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like how "easy" the game feels right now. It's extremely my jam to put on 3 hours of an old Coast to Coast AM show and mindlessly kill things while chasing the increasingly unlikely dream of one day being able to play as an Asari Vanguard or Salarian Witch Doctor.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Its underrated. After the stress torture of ranked solo queue Overwatch, ME:A is casual heaven in comparison.

My mic airwaves are so silent and not full of abusive team in-fighting.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

evilmiera posted:

I've gone from enjoying the game to not over the last few days, again. Sure, different builds are fun to experiment with, but there's no real challenge. Without either a platinum mode or some new type of thing to fight against the game just turns into a massive grind for credits since levels stop mattering as much when you can just use all the gear you have access to. Even rather weak classes can fling an RPG at big enemies and groups after all.

This is why I liked the old Kett and why I disliked the old Outlaws.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
I just unlocked about 95% of the common classes and I have been having a lot of fun with the Asari adept and sentinel, plus Human soldier. My Asaris aren't maxed out yet, but before I get them maxed out I was wondering what the consensus on annihilation field is. Should I spec for radius or cool down? Shield drain or vortex? Should I work on throw or Lance or both? Shield powered Lance?

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
radius, vortex and throw is how I do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

So I just got the angara avenger and oh boy is she a lot of fun!!! It's like playing the N7 shadow back in ME3. I bet loads of people have advise as to how to spec her right off the bat. I was told a melee build with ramping damage is good. So far I've been using the dhan with the shock trooper upgrade for more power cells. I think a full on power cell build could be interesting too. What do you guys think?

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 23, 2017

• Locked thread