Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Bashez posted:

The Warriors do not actually look good. I know they have a tendency to play down to their competition but they're running into a 30 win team that is shooting poorly and don't look like worldbeaters.
This game is just foul after foul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
this game owns

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

illcendiary posted:

Man I'm actually legit excited for Murray. Glad he'll essentially be thrown into the fire next year

:same:

forget all the crap about bringing in someone new

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Like I understand the rubberband effect is very very real in the NBA. But you'd think the Golden State warriors would be able to put distance on a lineup of Murray, Forbes, Simmons, Anderson, and Gasol. That's rookie, 0, 1, and 2 years removed from the D league, and then a broken Gasol.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Bashez posted:

Like I understand the rubberband effect is very very real in the NBA. But you'd think the Golden State warriors would be able to put distance on a lineup of Murray, Forbes, Simmons, Anderson, and Gasol. That's rookie, 0, 1, and 2 years removed from the D league, and then a broken Gasol.

They're coasting *shrugs*

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bashez posted:

Are they clean on being over the tax? I thought they were in this year, but it looks like they might have ducked it. Would it actually be 3 years before they start paying the repeater?

It'll somewhat depend on what happens, but likely they will not be in the tax next year. Durant will be signing with room if he opts out, but the trick here is Curry's cap hold is only 18 million and he's going to sign a 36 million DPE contract. So that 18 million over + exceptions is probably all they will end up going over. If Durant Opts in, they can give big contracts to Iggy and Livingston if they want, then they might end up in the tax.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

If Durant opts in they could then sign him with the early bird exception right?

gently caress the Warriors btw

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
warriors will go over the cap if they think its remotely necessary

the bay area is loving wetting itself over its sport relevancy

its probably better for the owner's other businesses, and any future ventures he'd be interested in starting, to have the warriors be the best team in the league

plus they know their window is small, their lucky drafting will only pay off once. better to blow the load now than wait until it withers

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

RaySmuckles posted:

its probably better for the owner's other businesses, and any future ventures he'd be interested in starting, to have the warriors be the best team in the league

plus they know their window is small, their lucky drafting will only pay off once. better to blow the load now than wait until it withers

If Draymond Green doesn't implode and remains a top defender in the league then their window is like 6 years.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

RaySmuckles posted:

Plus you want to be as good as possible when you open a new arena to get people to pay the increased ticket prices

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bashez posted:

If Durant opts in they could then sign him with the early bird exception right?

gently caress the Warriors btw

The following season for 175% of his 2017-2018 salary or 35% of the cap (and his salary would be the cap, likely). So he'd lose 9 million and 7.5% of raises if the cap holds steady. They are actually projecting the cap to decrease, so it might be a bigger drop for him.

I expect he'll either take the full contract or just take the $5 mil cut now

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
The way Breen says iguodala is getting annoying. In fact his accent is starting to grate on me.

Iggadolla

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Hope Manu gets one more eurostep dunk in

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Lockback posted:

The following season for 175% of his 2017-2018 salary or 35% of the cap (and his salary would be the cap, likely). So he'd lose 9 million and 7.5% of raises if the cap holds steady. They are actually projecting the cap to decrease, so it might be a bigger drop for him.

I expect he'll either take the full contract or just take the $5 mil cut now

The CBA faq just says the limit is up to 175% of his salary, which is plenty to offer him the max and it says he also gets his 7.5% raises.

Pop is playing Ginobili like he did Duncan. This is really going to be it I think.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
MAKE THE COMEBACK MANU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
manu owns

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Ammanas posted:

The way Breen says iguodala is getting annoying. In fact his accent is starting to grate on me.

Iggadolla

igwadolla

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I'm pretty mad that Bertans isn't getting any minutes. Slot him in for Gasol, Gasol ain't doing poo poo.

If Manu keeps this up he's going to come back next year.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
in 10 years manu will be averaging 45 seconds a game but they will still be hell of fun

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I hope in these last 5 minutes Aldridge catches fire so the Spurs can dump his contract.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Bashez posted:

The CBA faq just says the limit is up to 175% of his salary, which is plenty to offer him the max and it says he also gets his 7.5% raises.

Pop is playing Ginobili like he did Duncan. This is really going to be it I think.

Right, but he misses a season of 7.5% raises (because those on the 35 million contract start a year later). So the entire length of the contract + extensions will be 7.5% less.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Manu slinging it around with young dudes is just as fun a farewell as Duncan running the pick and roll with Andre Miller and very nearly making it a single-digit game last year

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
You would think I would want a player to retire after having endured watching him gently caress my team in the rear end for 15 years, but I want Manu to play forever

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Arguing with friends who complain that Spurs players don't fit "Spurs culture" is so frustrating. Love this team but god sometimes I loving hate the fanbase

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

illcendiary posted:

Arguing with friends who complain that Spurs players don't fit "Spurs culture" is so frustrating. Love this team but god sometimes I loving hate the fanbase
i hate the team and the fanbase.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
What if Manu has Stockton longevity?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
gotta love those gsw picks, lmao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

illcendiary posted:

What

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Lockback posted:

Right, but he misses a season of 7.5% raises (because those on the 35 million contract start a year later). So the entire length of the contract + extensions will be 7.5% less.

So just because the cap isn't expected to rise right? So hypothetically if jersey ads spiked the cap again he'd make more by opting in and then signing with bird rights?

Patty Mills can't even loving dribble. What the hell happened. Also why is he in?

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Leonard's injury basically ensures he finishes with the highest WS/48 at least :getin:

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

illcendiary posted:

What is "Spurs culture"

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rabid Snake posted:

What is "Spurs culture"

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

A lot of fans haven't figured out that most of "Spurs culture" is a small media that isn't willing to go muckraking and not a bunch of dudes wearing halos.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bashez posted:

I hope in these last 5 minutes Aldridge catches fire so the Spurs can dump his contract.

I just looked at his career playoff numbers and with the exception of last year they're shockingly bad

Well not shockingly bad but inefficient and he always underwhelms me and this is why I HATE him now

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
well, about as fun a game as could be expected

young spurs showing a lot of promise

please, please, pop, stick around and keep the greatest team in sports running for another ten years

lebron,

gently caress these clowns up

thanks

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

I just looked at his career playoff numbers and with the exception of last year they're shockingly bad

except against the Rockets, may his humors rot in his living body

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Rabid Snake posted:

What is "Spurs culture"

A bunch of garbage Spurs fans who don't know any better like to jerk themselves off about. "Plays the right way," "hard worker," etc. I had dudes telling me we need to bring Boris Diaw back, fucks sakes

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Bring me Lebron

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

This is some Good poo poo ngl :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

chunkles posted:

except against the Rockets, may his humors rot in his living body

I was being very hyperbolic but that's what you do towards your newest enemy. I hope the Rockets beat him big time the next time they play.

• Locked thread