Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Brawl in the Family has what's still my favorite "the punchline is a guy's face" comic:
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/comic/face-off/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Pyroclastic posted:

The GamerCat is pretty meh, but it updates once a week and ticks the 'dumb game jokes' box.

I'd give it a bit stronger recommendation than that. I mean, it's got cats and video games in it; you pretty much know going in what you're getting. It's jokes about cats playing videogames. It's basically what VGCats would be like if it were updated by someone with a work ethic and had like 100% fewer rape jokes.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Did CAD ever get that promised reboot that would once again bring the comedy focus back to the friendship of those two universally beloved everymen, Ethan and The Other One?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I visited the website and it looks the comic is currenty about his colour-coded player 1-4 characters playing D&D.

The Adventure Zone it ain't.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

JethroMcB posted:

Did CAD ever get that promised reboot that would once again bring the comedy focus back to the friendship of those two universally beloved everymen, Ethan and The Other One?

Why would you want that? It would just be what it is now, but worse in a non-mockable way.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Double Punctuation posted:

Why would you want that? It would just be what it is now, but worse in a non-mockable way.
It'd only be a matter of time before he went back down the rabbit hole.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Double Punctuation posted:

Morbid curiosity? I can only imagine how he'd write for a "mature" "grounded" self-insert character, and then like PMush Perfect said, you know it would devolve into the same lovely mix of wish fulfillment, achingly sincere melodrama and some classic rando monkeycheese sociopathic violence.

Also I was honestly curious, because he said those characters would eventually return almost 5 years ago and cited being able to really focus on the reboot as an incentive when launching his Patreon in 2014.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

If the choice is Desmond Fishman or a Conservative, Vote Fishman?

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

Morbid curiosity? I can only imagine how he'd write for a "mature" "grounded" self-insert character, and then like PMush Perfect said, you know it would devolve into the same lovely mix of wish fulfillment, achingly sincere melodrama and some classic rando monkeycheese sociopathic violence.

Also I was honestly curious, because he said those characters would eventually return almost 5 years ago and cited being able to really focus on the reboot as an incentive when launching his Patreon in 2014.

They came back as superheroes. I'm not joking.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Why is everyone in QC obsessed with the with the thicc robot now?

Is JJ's new girlfriend fat?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats a post you just made

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Wrist Watch posted:

The most amazing thing about Dominic Deegan is that the author knows perfectly well how to write a good comic.

agreed

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

Why is everyone in QC obsessed with the with the thicc robot now?

Is JJ's new girlfriend fat?

Maybe he was powercucked into liking curvy robogirls by the admins?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nuns with Guns posted:

Maybe he was powercucked into liking curvy robogirls by the admins?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

idonotlikepeas posted:

I'd give it a bit stronger recommendation than that. I mean, it's got cats and video games in it; you pretty much know going in what you're getting. It's jokes about cats playing videogames. It's basically what VGCats would be like if it were updated by someone with a work ethic and had like 100% fewer rape jokes.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So basically like VGCats then.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Is there some law somewhere that says every webcomic about video games has to have an obligatory "G-g-g-girls play cool games too!?!?" strip with exactly this level of tact

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Wrist Watch posted:

Is there some law somewhere that says every webcomic about video games has to have an obligatory "G-g-g-girls play cool games too!?!?" strip with exactly this level of tact

I don't think Awkward Zombie or Manly Guys ever did that, though that's probably because both are made by women.

Edit: wait, Samantha? Then I don't even know.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

same

Also yesterday's Scary Go Round/Bad Machinery/idk what it even is anymore made me remember that English people call juice concentrates "squash" for some reason.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

lol

Wrist Watch posted:

That joke can be told well (comic is slightly :nws:)

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 20, 2017

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The QC joke is the real winner here.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol

JethroMcB posted:

The QC joke is the real winner here.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Hi. I make Astral Aves, and you guys have given me some pretty helpful crit. Recently, life has gotten in the way of a regular update schedule...but I am glad some people are still reading. I realize I've been focusing on improving my art over my writing, but I hope things will pay off soon. Thanks for reading, and I will definitely try my best to give you the best story I can. If anyone has any questions or comments, I'll do my best to answer them.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

key party favors posted:

Hi. I make Astral Aves, and you guys have given me some pretty helpful crit. Recently, life has gotten in the way of a regular update schedule...but I am glad some people are still reading. I realize I've been focusing on improving my art over my writing, but I hope things will pay off soon. Thanks for reading, and I will definitely try my best to give you the best story I can. If anyone has any questions or comments, I'll do my best to answer them.

Pippa and that other dude pretending to be The Best Witches was excellent.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

How old is that comic? I haven't seen Assassin's Creed being presented as something elitist for a fair while. If anything you'd think that kind of rear end in a top hat would sneer at her for playing something so entry-level.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
octopus pie's last update is really, really good

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

key party favors posted:

Please never stop giving all the characters magnificent bouffonts.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

ZeroCount posted:

How old is that comic? I haven't seen Assassin's Creed being presented as something elitist for a fair while. If anything you'd think that kind of rear end in a top hat would sneer at her for playing something so entry-level.

A caramelldansen comic she made a few years ago was cycling through my social media feed the other day (I have awful friends)

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Tollymain posted:

octopus pie's last update is really, really good

Oh man, you scared me for a second. But it's fine, you meant "latest". OP still has at least two more updates left to go.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Archenteron posted:

Please never stop giving all the characters magnificent bouffonts.

The big hair in Astral Aves is a constant delight to behold, big hair for all.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Re: Scary-Go-Round.

I almost didn't recognize Hugo and Fallon, must have been a decade since John Allison last drew them.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ZearothK posted:

Re: Scary-Go-Round.

I almost didn't recognize Hugo and Fallon, must have been a decade since John Allison last drew them.

I wasn't sure it was Hugo, he didn't seem to have his customary method of speaking.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Dying print medium or no, I would absolutely subscribe to Cool Swords magazine. Also Never Satisfied is a cool comic, y'all.

key party favors posted:

Astral Aves is another cool comic, thanks for putting all the work into it!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Three Panel Soul's Jo comics continue to be fun.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Undivine is still really good

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Screw the haters this poo poo is adorable.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

readingatwork posted:

Screw the haters this poo poo is adorable.

For five panels the joke is that he shocks himself because he doesn't slot the other half of the controller in, but then in the last panel it's clearly in place, so the entire premise of the joke is completely gone. How do you gently caress up your punchline like that? What even is the punchline, since he clearly worked things out?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think the joke is that they're enjoying the sensation of attaching the controllers too much to actually play any games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

For five panels the joke is that he shocks himself because he doesn't slot the other half of the controller in, but then in the last panel it's clearly in place, so the entire premise of the joke is completely gone. How do you gently caress up your punchline like that? What even is the punchline, since he clearly worked things out?

I thought he just liked the clicking sound??

• Locked thread