Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Raider posted:

its your first day on the job as a muslim

osama bin laden slides you a picture

its arianna grande

You keep going to her concerts to research the attack and end up falling in love with the music

This has already been optioned for a movie now original idea do not steal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

chernobyl kinsman posted:

DnD not handling this well

And you know who does the construction for that stage? Our union brothers and sisters! Shame on them throwing union labor under the bus like that! Why not just bring Thacher back from the dead and finish off the unions forever while you're at it?

Shame! Shame!

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

OctaviusBeaver posted:

More from DnD

lol, they only care about people dying in terrorist attacks because it might make people vote for someone who will stop them from dying in terrorist attacks

The really messed up thing about that quote is that the poster is basically acknowledging they find their own ideology bankrupt and that it has no valid response to something like this, no conceivable way of providing a more desirable solution. It's like "drat ignoring the problem isn't going to work anymore, it's over for us"

And this is coming from someone who's probably further left than that retard is

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
It's routine for dozens of people to die in stampedes in the UK:

baka kaba posted:

Here's some alternative explanations: there was a panic in a crowded venue; that's what happens when you find suspicious things in this kind of situation; that's a normal night out in Manchester

Deluding yourself into thinking it's a balloon makes you morally superior:

TheRat posted:

Are you saying that hoping for an accident rather than an attack is a bad thing? That's really hosed up dude.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

OctaviusBeaver posted:

It is actually lol

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
balloons of peace.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

chemosh6969 posted:

But apparently she doesn't care enough about her fans (the remaining ones) to follow through with her commitments and is probably going to cancel her next concert.

I wish I could go "Sorry boss. Something blew up at work today, so I'm going to take a break and not show up again until I feel like it." and not get in trouble.

Idk I think ariana grande not playing any more shows is like the best possible outcome of this that doesnt involve more violence

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OctaviusBeaver posted:

More from DnD

lol, they only care about people dying in terrorist attacks because it might make people vote for someone who will stop them from dying in terrorist attacks

loving reality ruining my liberal politics!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

OctaviusBeaver posted:

It isn't just routine, its a national sport!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL5FaVi1Iig

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Blue Raider posted:

i just saw that too

Well, now it's a burst water pipe that led to a stampede that killed 20 people and left 50+ injured pulling nails out of their limbs that were probably left by tech crews setting up

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

NiceGuy posted:

Idk I think ariana grande not playing any more shows is like the best possible outcome of this that doesnt involve more violence

She is fine

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Luxury Communism posted:

balloons of peace.

Tragically, his diversity fireworks went off too early

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d07_1469407125&comments=1

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

Cool.

baka kaba and I are talking past each other. The goalposts are being moved from "it's not an explosion" to "it's an explosion, but not a bomb"

If the calls not to hype things up and assume it was a terrorist attack had come in the first 15 minutes I'd have been in total agreement. What I can't wrap my head around is the hangup over Great Manchester police tweeting "confirmed: terrorism" given all the eye witness reports, videos, etc. This is the poo poo that gives D&D the reputation it has.

TheRat posted:

Can you take your morbid bomb-wanking back to gbs?

TTerrible posted:

I don't actually want it to be a bomb you prick. I just want people to stop being completely ridiculous.

Also, I posted in here first because I thought it would be a sensible place to discuss it. Wowzer.

Trickjaw posted:

You first.

TTerrible posted:

Yes, its me the person that believes it was a deliberate bomb being ridiculous.

endlessmonotony posted:

You believe but don't know, and your guessing helps nobody.

TTerrible posted:

It's completely reasonable to assume its a terrorist attack given the reporting. I'm pushing back against being spoken to like i'm a loving idiot for doing so.

TheRat posted:

Not idiot. oval office.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Train posted:

She is fine

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
We may never know their motives.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Luxury Communism posted:

balloons of peace.

insh'elium

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Blue Train posted:

She is fine

Im glad you believe that

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

There's a bunch of dad's finding out their little girls are dead (or wounded) tonight (and that sucks). If they weren't right wing, they are now.

Any of you ever seen the movie the savior? A suicide bomber kills this guys wife and kid and his brain immediately breaks and he does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YViRZmhcQa0

Then he joins the war in Yugoslavia or something for the rest of the movie.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

chemosh6969 posted:

But apparently she doesn't care enough about her fans (the remaining ones) to follow through with her commitments and is probably going to cancel her next concert.

I wish I could go "Sorry boss. Something blew up at work today, so I'm going to take a break and not show up again until I feel like it." and not get in trouble.

Makes sense to me. Every time I see anything Eagles of Death Metal, I wonder if someone is going to attack the venue just to put double the fear into their fans.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
They think it was a false flag or a water pipe bursting I can't believe this is real

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

The Human Crouton posted:

Makes sense to me. Every time I see anything Eagles of Death Metal, I wonder if someone is going to attack the venue just to put double the fear into their fans.

Eagles of Death Metal is Islam's Ben Garrison.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

walgreenslatino posted:

They think it was a false flag or a water pipe bursting I can't believe this is real

i can believe it, in the sense that i can believe them thinking it was anything under the sun other than a suicide bomber

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Everything I don't like is a false flag

--Also the left, apparently.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

OctaviusBeaver posted:

More from DnD

D&D posters are mentally ill, news at 11

e: or psychopaths playing the fool, but i like to give people the benefit of the doubt

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
I hadn't looked in DnD in forever. I think I'm gonna cancel my Netflix account

Lid posted:

Yes, Just Last June a sitting MP, Jo Cox, was assassinated by a white supremacist neo nazi. That if this is a bombing it could be another one by them would not be surprising and gently caress the fascist fucks.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
I don't know any muslims but I'm p sure I wouldnt like them

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

walgreenslatino posted:

Labour was rapidly closing the lead before this happened, but who knows

they're still behind by like 9 points, they were never going to make up the difference even without this

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I hadn't looked in DnD in forever. I think I'm gonna cancel my Netflix account

look don't touch. don't want to spook 'em

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TomViolence posted:

I bet it was the government that did it. "Oh poo poo, labour's gaining in the polls, time to kill some children!"

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
holy poo poo

TomViolence posted:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if GCHQ or MI5 or whatever let a bomber get through just to ward off the danger of the jam grandad restricting their powers somewhere down the line.

Snatch Duster posted:

look don't touch. don't want to spook 'em

That would be a waste of a perfectly good ten dollar bill

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
My dad: do they know what the guy looks like?
My mom: it was a suicide bomber
My dad: no way he's getting away then

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Cubone posted:

loving lmao

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cubone posted:

lol

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Cubone posted:

Dad's are cool.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Canadian PM response to Manchester

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Snatch Duster posted:

What he meant by that is it's normal and proper to become radicalized by acts of violence perpetrated against you.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Snatch Duster posted:

This thread is liek the funniest thing in GBS right now

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i haven't heard anyone rule out spontaneous human combustion as a cause

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ElectricSheep posted:

Well, now it's a burst water pipe that led to a stampede that killed 20 people and left 50+ injured pulling nails out of their limbs that were probably left by tech crews setting up

TomViolence posted:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if GCHQ or MI5 or whatever let a bomber get through just to ward off the danger of the jam grandad restricting their powers somewhere down the line.

Bush May did 9/11 5/21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

• Locked thread