Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

gonadic io posted:

urgh i hate that when work gets busy/stressful my hobby programming drops off and that just makes me more stressed :/

this, a lot

my hobby project has a couple of other devs and about 320 dau, which is approximately 320 more dau than the terrible shitpile i get paid to build and maintain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
fart

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

and Merlin16 is a good assembler too. just wish the editor supported multiple files at once like orca/m's

https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/866421680033366021

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i work with angular everyday. it's poo poo compared to real frameworks like ember.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

akadajet posted:

i work with angular everyday. it's poo poo compared to real frameworks like ember.

i recommend not using js at all. hth

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

akadajet posted:

ember seems alright aside from a few bits being kinda dated (qunit, still?) and using way too many magic strings. it punts on a lot fewer decisions than react, dunno how it compares to angular. if i was mainly a frontend guy i might not be into it, but since i only write js occasionally and don't really care about making all the architectural decisions it seems like a good place to be.

i'm also a sucker for a good logo.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

CommunistPancake posted:

maybe i'm old fashioned but back in my day libraries were actually maintainable and didn't add half a meg to the size of the final executable for something as simple as json

a brief test indicates it adds about 50kb to the size of the final executable

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Plorkyeran posted:

a brief test indicates it adds about 50kb to the size of the final executable

for me without it's 150k and with it's 650k. maybe my compiler is a pos.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sapozhnik posted:

this, a lot

my hobby project has a couple of other devs and about 320 dau, which is approximately 320 more dau than the terrible shitpile i get paid to build and maintain

is dau some new hip cryptocurrency

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

kugutsu posted:

looking at the library more closely, I see they don't provide one. but there's nothing stopping them from providing a lower priority implicit that covers File while still allowing you to put your own implementation in your code, without getting ambiguous implicits. the same situation I described could happen with e.g FileInputStream which they do provide a lower priority implicit for by default

the only moral scala is my scala

actually, you can avoid the lower priority implicit by not importing it into scope.

also, like the guy who has space adventure cobra as his av (sorry i forgot your name) said, scala doesn't have access to java style try-with-resources, but scala-arm is p nice and i love it

Condiv fucked around with this message at 11:32 on May 22, 2017

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
the single worst thing about c++ templates is the everything must be a header thing. like obviously it has to be but it's incredibly annoying

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Phobeste posted:

the single worst thing about c++ templates is the everything must be a header thing. like obviously it has to be but it's incredibly annoying

it doesn't mean they all have to be in a single file though

that "library as a single header" fad is dumb
Everyone uses cmake nowadays so making a properly packaged library that can be used on every platform (even with lovely dev tools such as VC++) is not that hard

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

cinci zoo sniper posted:

is dau some new hip cryptocurrency

daily active users

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sapozhnik posted:

daily active users
:eng99:

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

akadajet posted:

i'm surprised how they managed to make it even worse in version 2

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

dau te ping

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

ctps: like 10 things broken at client

each and every single one of them is because they did what i explicitly told them not to do, or didn't do what i explicitly told them to do, lmao

kugutsu
Dec 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

actually, you can avoid the lower priority implicit by not importing it into scope.

no you can't, not in scala-arm at least, because the traits containing the lower priority implicits for Resource are subclassed by the companion object of the Resource trait, and the companion object of a type is always included in the implicit scope for any implicit lookups involving that type

Dr Monkeysee
Oct 11, 2002

just a fox like a hundred thousand others
Nap Ghost

NihilCredo posted:

lol of *course* it's an apl guy

figured there'd be some gold in his comment history and yup:

at what point does this get classified as a fetish

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

visual studio managed to completely gently caress itself up for the fifth time, i know what i'm probably going to spend all of tomorrow doing. is there anything i could possibly do to fix this besides uninstall and go back to java?

e: by completely gently caress itself up i mean syntax highlighting and intellisense just straight-up don't work

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

kugutsu posted:

no you can't, not in scala-arm at least, because the traits containing the lower priority implicits for Resource are subclassed by the companion object of the Resource trait, and the companion object of a type is always included in the implicit scope for any implicit lookups involving that type

ah i didn't realize that having an implicit within the trait's companion object auto imported those. interesting. at least those default implicits are all extremely low priority

Condiv fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 23, 2017

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

HoboMan posted:

visual studio managed to completely gently caress itself up for the fifth time, i know what i'm probably going to spend all of tomorrow doing. is there anything i could possibly do to fix this besides uninstall and go back to java?

e: by completely gently caress itself up i mean syntax highlighting and intellisense just straight-up don't work

what are you doing to it

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

HoboMan posted:

close vs, delete all the .suo files

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

MrMoo posted:

Everyday I go to the NYSE exchange and make stupid changes to JavaScript then wait 24 hours to see what other things broke. It is awesome.

AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, CAPITAL

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Depressingly a Node.JS is working perfectly despite taking up 70 megabytes of memories, whilst a C++ app feeding it occasionally decides that 7MB isn't enough and grows to 8GB in an hour then is reaped to death. It's processing 500 messages a second, 4 instances of the C++ app have no problems but 2 go crazy on the same machine two days in a row. Support team of a library in use are literally replying "it works for me".

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

MrMoo posted:

Depressingly a Node.JS is working perfectly despite taking up 70 megabytes of memories, whilst a C++ app feeding it occasionally decides that 7MB isn't enough and grows to 8GB in an hour then is reaped to death. It's processing 500 messages a second, 4 instances of the C++ app have no problems but 2 go crazy on the same machine two days in a row. Support team of a library in use are literally replying "it works for me".

What library

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

HoboMan posted:

I wouldn't expect a reinstall of your IDE to fix this, it sounds like some code indexing database got corrupted or otherwise broke

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

redleader posted:

close vs, delete all the .suo files

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

redleader posted:

close, delete all the files

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

redleader posted:

destroy your computer, murder your coworkers so they can't stop you

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Bloody posted:

HEY GUYS IT'S AIRMAN HERE AND

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

hell yeah i can draw text anywhere on the screen

unfortunately my "draw rectangle" code doesn't work for rectangles over 256x256

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Luigi Thirty posted:

hell yeah i can draw text anywhere on the screen

unfortunately my "draw rectangle" code doesn't work for rectangles over 256x256

does it work for a rectangle of size 100x100, with the top left corner being at 200x200?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://github.com/blog/2359-introducing-github-marketplace-and-more-tools-to-customize-your-workflow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HjToekoEMk

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

it weirds me out that they hired like commercial actors and poo poo for this

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

finally fixed it by reinstalling my nuget packages :iiam:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Flat Daddy posted:

it weirds me out that they hired like commercial actors and poo poo for this

gotta justify that $1b valuation

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

fritz posted:

What library

It's eSignal an IDC library for accessing market data over the Internets. Relatively simple API with a tonne of legacy and a plethora of junior mistakes like polluting the global namespace with so much poo poo it is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

inaccurate, half of the blanket would look like a Disney character and the other half would be on fire but hey we made our sprint goals

• Locked thread