Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

That honestly looks fine. Ken having a goofy grin while looking dead-eyed at nothing in particular will always be the most embarrassing thing about this game. Especially since you can change the default player 1 character but Ken is always the default player 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Beta is online only 😖

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I never cared about Ed until i realized he had Hermit Purple.
Now I care too much.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

We Know Catheters posted:

Beta is online only 😖

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighterMods/comments/6apn06/ed_for_training_room_replaces_nash_all_credits_to/

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Tried the beta, a lot of matches for me are also like this;

https://twitter.com/CoreAGaming/status/862932238945599488

Makes dash-ins impossible to react to, really messes up your hit confirms, generally makes games a mess. UK to anywhere in West Europe shouldn't be a problem.

I can play XIV from UK to New York or Turkey just fine, Xrd even more so. Netcode is shite.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
What am I suppose to be doing with Vega's cr hp? I've just been using it to put pressure on someone in the corner cuz it plus on block now.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
UK to UK, has Capcom even acknowledged any of this by now.

https://my.mixtape.moe/aeqnzr.webm

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I only get that weird lag with ps4 players probably because they mostly use WiFi.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Dead game daed beta, any thoughts on Ed? I only played him without knowing about st.mp cr.hp combo but he seems...fine? I dont know if the button combo matters for properties on his specials or not, but I feel like I have to do f+mphp to get psycho upper to hit consistently on st.mp cr.mp. he's got a good cancellable (into specials that whiff lol) cr.fwd but I have no idea if you can consistently convert of it from long range and get away with just-outside-range buffered specials like sf4 sakura. PPP can blow through a lot of stuff as long as you're in the right range and they're on the ground, ex ball to edge out a fireball war, the other thing is just combo. st.mp seems unusually +on hit and block, i had a vibe of sf4 fei st.mp but its sfv so I'm sure its just bog standard and I'm imagining things. i think st.rh is - on hit, just a little. Charge HP - on block a lil? crumple on hit. good anti fireball in f.mp-p/pp and vskill, not sure about it as pressure. i like to mash his flicker thing when I know neither player knows what to do. Cr.mk crosses up...cant do his exnteded poo poo at all but i guess this dude can get pretty good dmg.

I'll give him a little more time but he still seems a little boring and gimmicky even aside his special inputs. I' think I'll move to akuma next, feels liek this dude oozes options and i liked dabbling with him last beta. I'm also one of those people that wants to like juri but he game play seems SO LAME in this one. any advice on being useful with her would help.

Ixiggle fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 13, 2017

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

zooted heh posted:

What am I suppose to be doing with Vega's cr hp? I've just been using it to put pressure on someone in the corner cuz it plus on block now.

Abuse it for everything it's worth.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I can't decide if Ed is actually fun or just feels really fun because I am learning him and mashing buttons like a lovely idiot, which works well with his specials.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
So when they said they are testing "new servers" beta and people thought something would get fixed, it actually turned out they were testing cheaper, consolidated lovely servers they are planning to migrate everything to because they cant afford their current lovely expensive ones? lol?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Creamfilled
May 11, 2007

???

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

UK to UK, has Capcom even acknowledged any of this by now.

Sometimes I wonder if this a UK thing more than a Capcom thing, even back when playing USFIV on PC I used to hate playing against someone else in the UK because it would be a lag-fest. Only the UK though, playing against people from France, Germany, Sweden, etc. was just fine then and in SFV too.

Creamfilled fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 15, 2017

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Creamfilled posted:

Sometimes I wonder if this a UK thing more than a Capcom thing, even back when playing USFIV on PC I used to hate playing against someone else in the UK because it would be a lag-fest. Only the UK though, playing against people from France, Germany, Sweden, etc. was just fine then and in SFV too.

It's a Capcom thing, I've played Hobo way back in Skullgirls over a very mediocre UK to UK connection and it was flawless.

There are people in the same city as me that I can't get half decent games of SFv with where Xrd, KoF etc work peachy.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
If you land a counterpoke with Ed you can't do anything afterwards because all of his specials have lovely range

Why

W h y

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Goodpart posted:

If you land a counterpoke with Ed you can't do anything afterwards because all of his specials have lovely range

Why

W h y

I take back my Sol comparisons

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Goodpart posted:

Why

W h y

No fun allowed

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

dhamster posted:

I take back my Sol comparisons

Give. Ed. Fafnir.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ed has fafnir and it's basically a juggle tool. Idk what its use is on its own because it seems to just put Ed near the opponent if he throws it fully charged, but then they can just jump over it and punish him for it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I don't know much about SF so I might be completely wrong but in my head Fafnir is kinda like a good example move for the differences in design philosophy between GG and SFV. There's not really any SF equivalent for it I think (maybe in earlier games?). Long range, plus on block, hits like a motherfucker, leads into corner combos :getin:. And you feel super cool when it lands.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

attackmole posted:

I don't know much about SF so I might be completely wrong but in my head Fafnir is kinda like a good example move for the differences in design philosophy between GG and SFV. There's not really any SF equivalent for it I think (maybe in earlier games?). Long range, plus on block, hits like a motherfucker, leads into corner combos :getin:. And you feel super cool when it lands.

rekkas function similarly but do less damage basically

except, like everything in street fighter, rekkas get worse throughout the series

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

attackmole posted:

Eds charged v-skill, kinda, but it's much, much worse of course.

The thing is everyone in GG has half a dozen tools that would render them completely broken in a streetfighter context. This insanity is tempered by good universal defensive tools.

I mean, imagine Beak Driver in SFV. 3/4 screen, safe, rekka cancellable into good damage on hit, STUPID damage on counterhit, can be delayed/charged to be even better/bait out reversals, and HIT BEHIND HIM as well.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

attackmole posted:

Not to mention Sol's counter hits give him crazy ground bounces, wall splats, tumbles, floats which can be converted into corner carry/big damage. Meanwhile Ed apparently doesn't get much off stray hits? Not that I was expecting too much out of him.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

dhamster posted:

Not to mention Sol's counter hits give him crazy ground bounces, wall splats, tumbles, floats which can be converted into corner carry/big damage. Meanwhile Ed apparently doesn't get much off stray hits? Not that I was expecting too much out of him.
His two best cancelable pokes are crMK and crMP

At the range where you're punishing normals:

- uppercut whiffs, EX uppercut travels even less distance
- flicker hits once at best, whiffs 90% of the time
- DP whiffs
- can't cancel into burn knuckle because you gotta charge that up, else it's just stHP
- fireball whiffs, as does its startup move
- not even sure if super works

The only good things about him in midrange are that his sweep has like 9 active frames and his stHK crushes lows pretty well. Other than that I don't see why you'd ever play footsies with him

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Goodpart posted:

I don't see why you'd ever play footsies

my mans do you know what game this is

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

my mans do you know what game this is
I sat in training mode with Laura and whiff punished normals for half an hour with stHP xx elbow just to like, get back some semblance of feeling again

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
footsies locker

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Playing someone online and I lose to them the first round and everything is fine. I go to play them again and all of a sudden they start teleporting all over the screen. I don't care so I dropped on them. 👋

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Turning off sfv is always a good choice

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Alt-tab that lag back on them.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
James Chen with the good balancing opinions

https://twitter.com/jchensor/status/865699250809651201

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In this weeks excellent adventures marn explains his Vietnamese business practices and asks them to edit the audio out saying "its not here, its veitnam". They silence all the details in the vid. Then he talks about how he fired employees who wouldnt have sex but doesnt ask them to edit it cause its all there still.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

In this weeks excellent adventures marn explains his Vietnamese business practices and asks them to edit the audio out saying "its not here, its veitnam". They silence all the details in the vid. Then he talks about how he fired employees who wouldnt have sex but doesnt ask them to edit it cause its all there still.

Whhhhhhy would they have marn on their show

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gootecks is a hitbox user now. Hes like a high level dirt bag remember

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Does Ed have a release date?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Maybe when they re-add the temple hideout stage. Or maybe not.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

teagone posted:

Maybe when they re-add the temple hideout stage. Or maybe not.

Is it not available even for the people who bought it? Because if so that's a powerful lol, albeit a sad one since it looked really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
In completely unrelated ramblings: why does Guile and the announcer in SSF2 sound so different?