Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Maxwell Lord posted:

EEEEEEEE ALEX IS GETTING MARRIED

I really wanted that to be the "Marry me, Mags" scene from Batwoman but I'll take it anyway :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

Wait wait wait.

Was that a loving Boom Tube that Mon-El got sucked through?

Was that Doomsday at the end?!

e: oh okay I have no idea who or what Reign is but that was a goddamn boom tube

Reign is a Supergirl villain in New52. Not a lot of history there. I've got it and read it, but i remember nothing and now it means nothing.
I hate comic books.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Reign is kiiind of a female Doomsday, so it would fit with the show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

Reign is kiiind of a female Doomsday, so it would fit with the show.

I know her buddy was a giant Walrus man. I just re-read like 4 issues, The best thing about it is Kara is a savage.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I love how Krypton's go-to panic-move is to launch a child into the void.

"Wait! It's only a 3 on the Richter…"

WHOOOOOSHHH!!!!

"…okay, nevermind."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I have to think releasing a bunch of particulate lead into the atmosphere isn't going to be particularly good for humans either...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Knormal posted:

I have to think releasing a bunch of particulate lead into the atmosphere isn't going to be particularly good for humans either...

Lilian Luthor is not a smart woman, okay :pseudo:

Also when people in the thread were talking about the Legion, I got excited because I thought they meant the Legion of Doom from Legends instead of the Legion of Superheroes. Mainly because I just want Matt Letscher to appear on as many CWverse shows as physically possible after what he did on Legends this year :allears:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

nine-gear crow posted:

Lilian Luthor is not a smart woman, okay :pseudo:

Also when people in the thread were talking about the Legion, I got excited because I thought they meant the Legion of Doom from Legends instead of the Legion of Superheroes. Mainly because I just want Matt Letscher to appear on as many CWverse shows as physically possible after what he did on Legends this year :allears:

Why would Reverse Flash be on Supergirl? She hasn't pulled a Barry and thus he doesn't feel the need to stop any time-villainry there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Barry saw a LOSH ring when he was multiversing that one time, they never did say which universe they were in.

Also as far as I can recall Mon-El and Supergirl were never a thing in the comics.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Barry saw a LOSH ring when he was multiversing that one time, they never did say which universe they were in.
Superman has one in the Fortress of Solitude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Superman has one in the Fortress of Solitude.

Just goes to show how much I pay attention when I watch this show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ApeHawk posted:

Why would Reverse Flash be on Supergirl? She hasn't pulled a Barry and thus he doesn't feel the need to stop any time-villainry there.

True, but Eobard is also a scenery chewing rear end in a top hat. And there's tons of scenery on Earth-38 that Lillian and Rhea haven't devoured yet. :flashfact:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Knormal posted:

Scorched earth is one way to prevent occupation I guess.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Rhyno posted:

Also as far as I can recall Mon-El and Supergirl were never a thing in the comics.
If I recall right there was a very brief sort-of flirtation during the New Krypton year when both of them were on Earth doing...something. Or I might have imagined that.

So I should admit that I sort of fell out of watching this show after the musical crossover, but I just watched this finale now and I thought it was really drat good. Very much better than last year's...hell, one of the strongest cap-offs to a season of anything I can recall, managing to incorporate a lot of elements from throughout this year (except for James...sigh, poor James) and doing it well. This feels more like the Supergirl show hitting its stride that's impressed me so much before, so I'll probably catch up on the episodes I missed soon.

:toot:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hopefully there's tons of people of kneeling before a certain someone on Planet Houston next season.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Presumably Mon-El was sucked into the future, where he becomes Valor and joins the Legion, so when Kara visits the 31st century next season she can be in a love triangle with him and Brainiac 5.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

VBane posted:

It is not gonna be Doomsday. Given the use of the word "reign", its probably Reign. Vaguely remember her as a Supergirl villain. Shes one of a small group of aliens that rogue kryptonian scientists experimented on as babies and turned into "Worldkillers".

I was hoping for Ultraman myself.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
That was really good. Strong production values as well - about as good as you can get on a TV budget with superpowered heroes throwing each other through walls and into barriers. I've almost become used to the blur effect they use for transitioning during fights or flights, but it looked pretty good overall. I was worried when the CW move was announced but I think this was a much stronger season overall.

Except for Jimmy. Still a wet fart of a character arc, and he got 5 seconds of screen time in the finale? I like Mehcad Brooks, but they need to figure out what to do with Jimmy or just let him go the way of Lucy Lane and Maxwell Lord.

I like that the way the show ended it looked like Cat Grant was coming back full time - I have hope they can work out a deal with Flockhart and get her for more than four episodes next year.

That was totally a Boom Tube.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mortanis posted:

Except for Jimmy. Still a wet fart of a character arc, and he got 5 seconds of screen time in the finale? I like Mehcad Brooks, but they need to figure out what to do with Jimmy or just let him go the way of Lucy Lane and Maxwell Lord.

Jimmy died in the invasion would be a good way to get rid of him.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Killing Jimmy Olsen is a terrible idea that only an rear end in a top hat would think to do...like those assholes who made Smallville.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Presumably Mon-El was sucked into the future, where he becomes Valor and joins the Legion, so when Kara visits the 31st century next season she can be in a love triangle with Lena and ice cream.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

howe_sam posted:

Killing Jimmy Olsen is a terrible idea that only an rear end in a top hat would think to do...like those assholes who made Smallville.

And Batman vs Superman! (I don't know if it was actually canon, but there's an interview with the director where he says the cameraman who dies in the first scene with the terrorists was supposed to be Jimmy Olsen.)

What the hell was Jimmy James doing during the finale?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is Calista Flockhart coming back full time for next season? I thought the reason she wasn't on the show much was because they switched filming locations, but she seems to have her office back now, so who knows?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
A lot of people have been wondering that. The show seems to have set it up that Cat's gonna be back at the helm at CatCo full time, but who knows.

I do hope Flockheart is back full time or at least semi-full time like Tom Felton is on Flash, because the show just isn't the same without her.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cat Grant screwing up Star Wars stuff was real good

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
That was a great end to the season, but this is stealth stargate at this point the Daxamites had staff weapons ffs. Also I'm hoping Mon-El somehow ends up on Legends of Tomorrow next season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If the Agents of Shield finale wasn't so good, this would be the best finale I've seen this year.

I thought they were going to have Supergirl go all Man of Steel on Rhea, and she would have deserved it. I admit, they didn't really try to make the Daximites less of an group of assholes.

If next season has Supergirl Vs the Female Furies, I'd be so happy. Not as happy as her getting a Red Lantern ring, but can't have everything. Lots of the Apokalypse stuff would work on Supergirl because its so silly. Cat Grant vs Glorious Godfrey would be so perfect.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

HERAK posted:

That was a great end to the season, but this is stealth stargate at this point the Daxamites had staff weapons ffs. Also I'm hoping Mon-El somehow ends up on Legends of Tomorrow next season.

please god no

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

watch season 2 you fool. you wrong fool.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

bring back old gbs posted:

watch season 2 you fool. you wrong fool.

You have it backwards. Legends is the best and I don't want Mon-El to ruin it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

HERAK posted:

Oh man, Mon El being on Legends of Tomorrow would be awesome.

This was a really good season finale. Also, poor tiny Superman.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 24, 2017

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Oh man, Mon El being on Legends of Tomorrow would be awesome.

This was a really good season finale. Also, poor tiny Superman.

He'd definitely be a more budget friendly powerhouse than Firestorm, Ray, or even Steel. Of course, if that much particulate lead would gently caress him up (btw, wouldn't Win and the Luthor's have gotten a much more potent dose of lead since they were at ground zero?), he'd probably never be let off the ship in any time period and location where the automobile was in popular use pre-banning of leaded gasoline or pretty much any major city during the industrial revolution.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

twistedmentat posted:

If next season has Supergirl Vs the Female Furies, I'd be so happy. Not as happy as her getting a Red Lantern ring, but can't have everything. Lots of the Apokalypse stuff would work on Supergirl because its so silly. Cat Grant vs Glorious Godfrey would be so perfect.

Ed Asner is still alive so I want to see Cat Grant vs Granny Goodness.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Did anyone else think it was a little weird that they made a point of Superman saying "Yep, I was definitely at full strength when we fought and you beat me so you're totally stronger than me and the champion now"? Like, okay, it's Supergirl's show, but you don't have to spell it out quite so specifically. It's like they considered the silly fanboy arguments that would inevitably ensue and said nope, shut that down right away, she won.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Clark skimped out on all that sparring practice he could've had at the DEO with an extra aggro sister. And he keeps blowing off Batman every time Batman tries to teach him how to fight right.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Yeah, Superman was never someone who learned how to fight. He just brute-forced everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ApeHawk posted:

Yeah, Superman was never someone who learned how to fight. He just brute-forced everything.

Nah, everything since 1985 has him having learned how to fight to better use his abilities.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Xelkelvos posted:

He'd definitely be a more budget friendly powerhouse than Firestorm, Ray, or even Steel. Of course, if that much particulate lead would gently caress him up (btw, wouldn't Win and the Luthor's have gotten a much more potent dose of lead since they were at ground zero?), he'd probably never be let off the ship in any time period and location where the automobile was in popular use pre-banning of leaded gasoline or pretty much any major city during the industrial revolution.

They'd let him off the ship in those situations but only because the Legends are idiots.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Nah, everything since 1985 has him having learned how to fight to better use his abilities.
But...but he's so small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nooneofconsequence posted:

You have it backwards. Legends is the best and I don't want Mon-El to ruin it.

sorry i fly off the handle when someone speaks ill of Time Idiots :(

Phenotype posted:

Did anyone else think it was a little weird that they made a point of Superman saying "Yep, I was definitely at full strength when we fought and you beat me so you're totally stronger than me and the champion now"? Like, okay, it's Supergirl's show, but you don't have to spell it out quite so specifically. It's like they considered the silly fanboy arguments that would inevitably ensue and said nope, shut that down right away, she won.

Yeah that was a little on the nose, but the alternative would be a 10 minute Web-Only thing where Tiny Superman reads and debates sexist youtube comments.

actually...make that fuckin happen.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 24, 2017