Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I hope it got the axe just to shut up pubbie WARs who think their GCDs are somehow more important than mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Omnicrom posted:

They probably can, though I wouldn't know since I'm over here in the Dragoon Corner getting ready to shoot dragons at people like I've never shot them at people before.

They cannot, direct hit is strictly a dps stat. Similarly, piety is healer only and tenacity is tank only.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Was complaining to myself about the lack of quests between level 45 and 50, and now that I'm level 50 I am overwhelmed by the amount of quests being thrown at me. I don't think I've had this many quests in my log at once.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Failboattootoot posted:

Can any of your fell cleaves both crit and direct hit? :colbert:

It's not about the dps it's about the huge numbers!

As a PLD I contest that it's all about Effective Numbers. Hitting the life gate for 30k is useless when it's locked to 1% and hasn't refreshed it's health yet :colbert:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Isn't the Direct Hit stat only for DPS anyway? I don't think WARs will be able to get any of it, so unless everybody has a base amount...

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Failboattootoot posted:

They cannot, direct hit is strictly a dps stat. Similarly, piety is healer only and tenacity is tank only.

You are correct. Again, I'm a Dragoon waiting to learn more about Dragoon things.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

now four different jobs can not use goad when I need it

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

My server's novice network was pretty low key about most of it, except for one guy who's going absolutely ballistic about the pvp changes.

The condensing of PvP is really stupid and done to dumb down the game even further. I enjoyed the competitive nature of PvP and enjoyed watching the streams of skilled players within the community. Regarding PvE they talk about DPS disparity but I don't even think they understand their own game. You can remove cleric stance and bad healers are still not going to DPS, you can change the battle system all you want and make it as flashy as you want yet people are still not going to pay attention to visual cues and triggers on when to use certain things. The DPS disparity comes from personal skill and people not willing to take the advice to improve.
Again SE caters to the casuals who refuse to get good in this game.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The condensing of PvP is really stupid and done to dumb down the game even further. I enjoyed the competitive nature of PvP and enjoyed watching the streams of skilled players within the community. Regarding PvE they talk about DPS disparity but I don't even think they understand their own game. You can remove cleric stance and bad healers are still not going to DPS, you can change the battle system all you want and make it as flashy as you want yet people are still not going to pay attention to visual cues and triggers on when to use certain things. The DPS disparity comes from personal skill and people not willing to take the advice to improve.

Source your quotes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Source?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
never source your quotes. stand by your fakeposts as a stalwart guardian.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

slev posted:

I am very excited to be let down by even more classes

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

I hope it got the axe just to shut up pubbie WARs who think their GCDs are somehow more important than mine.

A good warrior's GCD is definitely more important than even a good healer's. I know that doesn't technically contradict what you said, but I just felt like pointing it out.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Countblanc posted:

never source your quotes. stand by your fakeposts as a stalwart guardian.

Never fakepost.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

slev posted:

Sorry, I'm an honest dps.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Sorry, I'm an honest dps.

this exists

i did ldr (wanderer's palace) with a smn who would physick himself every time anything hit him, at all

i don't do ldr any more

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Are White Mages cool now

Or are they still boring and everyone else is just as good as them

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
whm has always been cool, except not as cool as ast or sch

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

everything is changing so who knows (yoship knows)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

YoshiP Knows

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Verisimilidude posted:

Was complaining to myself about the lack of quests between level 45 and 50, and now that I'm level 50 I am overwhelmed by the amount of quests being thrown at me. I don't think I've had this many quests in my log at once.

I'm not a fan of waiting in dungeon queues for all those quests since i dared to level primarily as DPS :sigh: although i suppose the extra experience from doing these dungeons for the first time when they weren't "intended" for that is pretty nice, since the main quests for a little bit don't actually give you XP at 50. Just blue gear for a while.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
do we know which currencies will have retroactive SAM/RDM weapons added for them?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think poetics and scripture will be getting them?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Based on MCH/AST/DRK, poetics and probably scripture

poe since they start at 50, scrip since it's the "common" 60 currency

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Countblanc posted:

do we know which currencies will have retroactive SAM/RDM weapons added for them?

AFAIK they're adding Samurai and RDM weapons for everything except Binding Coil.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Great, thank you

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I'm sad about them removing cleric stance but maybe they'll add more things to do while healing that's less mechanically janky to replace it.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is this game's Bard job fun/rewarding? How Bard-y does it get?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Schneider Heim posted:

You picked like the worst time imaginable to ask that question because it looks like it's getting a major revamp in a month or so.

You shoot arrows and manage damage over time effects, and you play songs to buff your entire raid group. Anything other than that is kind of a big question mark.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Schneider Heim posted:

Sadly, you cannot identify magical items without the identify spell, and your pickpocket skill is subpar.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

It's more of an archer that also has music buffs. You can't beat people over the head with a bagpipe or anything, so it depends on how much you like arrow shootin'

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Oh, I thought it was more D&D-y with the ability to do almost anything (and play music) :(

I like archers, though!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bard is fun because it's easy even if you're bad, like me

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Schneider Heim posted:

Oh, I thought it was more D&D-y with the ability to do almost anything (and play music) :(

I like archers, though!

Realtalk: There are a handful of song buffs that the current Bard job can use, that do things like restore MP or TP over time, speed up out of combat movement speed, or apply a debuff to the enemy to make them take more damage... But as vOv said, the game's getting a significant revamp when the new expansion comes out in a month and the previews of the Bard job show it playing differently than it used to.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Schneider Heim posted:

I like archers, though!

There really isn't a "jack of all trades" job, but Bards are very cool. Think of them as Rangers with some minor support skills. They're also very high mobility (or will be, come Stormblood) so that's always fun.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I'm sad about them removing cleric stance but maybe they'll add more things to do while healing that's less mechanically janky to replace it.

I wish I shared your optimism, the stance dance is all I had to do as a WHM. At least I can pull Black Mages out of ley lines and random party members into AOEs now.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I asked because I've been having the urge to play an MMO and I saw that this game has the Bard job. It's either this or rolling a Warlock in WoW (which I haven't played in like 10 years). I would like something that doesn't demand too much from your life and still have reasonable fun with...

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I am pretty thrilled about a lot of this, mainly the death of Cleric Stance but also the addition of readability UI elements because I love my AST but I would love it even better with UI elements for cards instead of watching the tiny buff bar. I'm not really sure how the DRK blood gauge thing works though, are they changing anything about the current system or is the EDGY BLOOD SWORD UI just clarity stuff?

I can't decide what DPS to level first. By which I mean after DRK and AST. Oh god.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i enjoy ffxiv a lot more than wow but leveling in ffxiv is not a fast process at all, and even if you boost to 60/boost to the end of HW you're still looking at a while before you're going to hit 70 in stormblood and get to the 'real' game.

thinking about the pvp changes, i sincerely hope they re-integrate the fold. the fact that the 'casual' small team pvp is the arena analog is bizarre to me, and the feast just feels like a bizarre game mode to have to be taken seriously.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i enjoy ffxiv a lot more than wow but leveling in ffxiv is not a fast process at all, and even if you boost to 60/boost to the end of HW you're still looking at a while before you're going to hit 70 in stormblood and get to the 'real' game.

I enjoy playing out the story and exploring the world but what do you mean by the 'real' game? End-level content?

• Locked thread