Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aleph Null posted:

Elementalists have attunements. Tempests have attunements.
Guardians have virtues. Dragonhunters have virtues.
Rangers have pets that they cannot disable. Druids have pets that they cannot disable.

And.
Mesmers have clones and phantasms. Chronomancers have clones and phantasms.
Warriors have adrenaline. Berzerkers have adrenaline.
Thiefs have iniative and steal. Daredevils have initiative and steal.
Revenants have legends and energy. Heralds have legends and energy.
Necromancers have life steal and minions. Reapers have life steal and minions.

Well, according to the leak at least, The new Ranger elite spec will remove the pet for a passive buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This is amazing, you cool if I link it from the OP? You should do a maguuma one too, just sayin

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Harrow posted:

I'm pretty sure Chronomancer can do its Quickness/Alacrity job without Minstrel's, so I'd go with whatever you use for damage. Maybe you need one piece of something with boon duration (I usually see Commander's suggested but I dunno)? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

You can keep up permanent Quickness with full Berserker gear (and the proper runes, sigil, and consumables) and a good rotation and proper group stacking, but getting to 100% boon duration helps make your job easier.

If you want to cut out, say, the 96 silver / 30 minutes Bountiful Sharpening Stones, swap in some Exotic accessories (back, earrings, rings, amulet, preferably in that order) with Platinum Doubloons in their upgrade slot. This can get you 97% with dirt cheap food and low effort runes: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAsNSAAgaA-TBCFQBZQPAAOBAQb+jAUCSwHAAKU/xGK/Sy+DCBwE-e Unfortunately the ~50g Sigil of Concentration is so powerful that it's hard to pass up, but you only really need one at least. The proper min/max build uses a Platinum Doubloon in the back and Commander's legs, but I've been skipping on Bountiful stones and just use a couple more Doubloons and Commander's boots to make up the difference.

Minstrel's Chronomancer is kind of a gimmick build to make tanking easier and throw out some extra healing and boons if your group isn't quite making it.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
While we're asking for advice, I was wondering if someone could put me on the right path. I tend to play GW2 off and on whenever it takes my fancy, and I've seen that there are some recent buffs to Condi Rev. I thought the Rev was pretty cool and was a little disappointed to find that it wasn't great before, so I'm excited to give it a shot now.

I'm not necessarily planning on doing anything high end, but where should I start in terms of getting gear? It looks like Viper's is the way to go, and assuming I start from basically nothing in terms of current gear on the Rev, what's the most cost effective way of going towards condi? Ascended is probably out of the question, but do you go Exotic Vipers or just try out some cheap condi gear and see if it's something worth working towards in terms of Asc stuff? Tia for any advice.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

If you're going for the Emperor's New Wardrobe anyway (I think it's 770ish gold without badges, so use badges) you only need one of that piece of armour per tier, it's not armour weight dependant. So if you want the charr heavy t3 gloves and shoulders but also the charr medium t3 chest, you don't need to get the heavy t3 chest unless you want to. Or the charr t3 light, ever, cause it sucks.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

CLAM DOWN posted:

This is amazing, you cool if I link it from the OP? You should do a maguuma one too, just sayin

Feel free to link it!

I can do a Maguuma one as well

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Khaba posted:

While we're asking for advice, I was wondering if someone could put me on the right path. I tend to play GW2 off and on whenever it takes my fancy, and I've seen that there are some recent buffs to Condi Rev. I thought the Rev was pretty cool and was a little disappointed to find that it wasn't great before, so I'm excited to give it a shot now.

I'm not necessarily planning on doing anything high end, but where should I start in terms of getting gear? It looks like Viper's is the way to go, and assuming I start from basically nothing in terms of current gear on the Rev, what's the most cost effective way of going towards condi? Ascended is probably out of the question, but do you go Exotic Vipers or just try out some cheap condi gear and see if it's something worth working towards in terms of Asc stuff? Tia for any advice.

If you just want to get running around as a Condi Rev as soon as possible, you could probably just buy gear with Condition Damage on it from the TP (look for Brutus', Sheena's, Koss' or Galrath's armor instead of crafted stuff, and preferably use the ones with Condition Damage as the highest stat) and use Balthazar runes, also get as many Viper trinkets as you can from Living Story season 3 zones, they won't bind to your character so you can re-use them later.

That said, Berserker Revenant is still pretty good for lower effort content.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Basically your choices are Rabid (condi/prec/toughness) and Carrion (condi/power/vit) for budget condition builds, because the two best condition stat sets are stupidly expensive while a set of zerker exo armour that will last you the entire non-high fractal game can be flat out bought for under 30g for a heavy class. Also hiding the sinister ascended trinkets behind the LS2 mastery achievements was a total dick move.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Congrats to fracs team. It was very painful but we did it in the end. I love you.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I love Susie's broccoli Charr

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Ineptitude posted:

Ascended Accoutrement - extremely expensive

I do have this one, and I agree, don't do it.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Ineptitude posted:

After this i had maxed my Tyria masteries and had 1 Tyria mastery point spare.
I had 3 :smug:

Also, the only tyrian masteries that are actually important are the pact one and the fractal one (only if you care about fractals). Precursor crafting is an expensive trap, so unless you're a completionist or really want a second-generation legendary, you can safely skip that one.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If axe Mesmer is fun I'm probably going to have to finally put in the effort to make a legendary because Astralaria is significantly too rad to pass up

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Be honest with me:
If I wanted to make the easiest legendary, what would it be and how much of my hair would I pull out?
I have 400+ gold just sitting around so I can seed this adventure but I sure as poo poo won't buy one outright.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Harrow posted:

I'm pretty sure Chronomancer can do its Quickness/Alacrity job without Minstrel's, so I'd go with whatever you use for damage. Maybe you need one piece of something with boon duration (I usually see Commander's suggested but I dunno)? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Quantify has a good guide for the Raid Mesmer: http://qtfy.eu/build/mesmer

If you're not tanking, or you're just starting out Raiding, just use Exotic Berserker's gear and work your way up to Ascended Berserker's or Commander's. You can use Runes of Water instead of Runes of Leadership for Boon Duration (I do). Some people use 4x Traveler's Runes and 2x Platinum Doubloons, and that works too.

Also, buy Boon Duration food and that will help you by leaps and bounds. When you can, get a Sigil of Concentration for the inevitable ascended weapon and that will help too. Don't worry about the cost; raids make you rich quick (they did for me). Eventually, you may reach a point where you don't need it anymore, but let that be a goal for your raiding to keep you motivated.

When I'm Chronotanking, I use Minstrel's armor with Runes of Water and Berserker's Weapons with Plat Doubloons. I do okay.

Also, if you want to try a ranged damage role and you don't like tanking, take a look at Condi Mesmer. It's surprisingly good in a lot of Raid encounters, especially if the boss does a lot of running around. Start with exotic sinister's and work your way up to a combination of ascended Viper's and Sinister's with berserker runes. The food's more expensive, but that's just the trade off for cheaper other gear I guess.

Edit: Also, the raid comp will sometimes affect what is "optimal," like for instance having a Rev in the group will give you a boon duration boost, so you can actually wear Assassin's gear with scholar runes. But frankly, don't worry about what's optimal when you're just starting out. Look into options after you feel more comfortable with raiding with the class. When you find a chill group to raid with, you guys will gradually figure out a comp and equipment combo that works.

Spookyelectric fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 23, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Inzombiac posted:

Be honest with me:
If I wanted to make the easiest legendary, what would it be and how much of my hair would I pull out?
I have 400+ gold just sitting around so I can seed this adventure but I sure as poo poo won't buy one outright.

You say that, but saving 2k in gold for one of the cheaper ones might actually be quicker and easier.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

One of these days I just need to get over the big money hurdle and make a legendary. Astralaria is real tempting with axe Mesmer on the horizon, though obviously I have no idea if Mesmer axe is even going to be any fun. Still, having the money ready to start would be good. Got like 800 gold now so I'm, I dunno, a third of the way there.

Spookyelectric posted:

Quantify has a good guide for the Raid Mesmer: http://qtfy.eu/build/mesmer

<other Chrono stuff>

Thanks for this! Once I get my new monitor and jump back in I'll have to see if I can find a group to try out raiding with, or if nothing else just actually start doing Fractals for real.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Harrow posted:

One of these days I just need to get over the big money hurdle and make a legendary. Astralaria is real tempting with axe Mesmer on the horizon, though obviously I have no idea if Mesmer axe is even going to be any fun. Still, having the money ready to start would be good. Got like 800 gold now so I'm, I dunno, a third of the way there.

Thanks for this! Once I get my new monitor and jump back in I'll have to see if I can find a group to try out raiding with, or if nothing else just actually start doing Fractals for real.

The good news is that the same builds work 99% of the time for raids and fractals, so if you're geared for one you should be good to go in the other.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
So I want to make a condi Warrior; is the best stat for this still all Vipers? I need to craft every piece right? Also where would I get a exotic backpack for Vipers? I usually just craft a level 78 exo crafting backpack for my characters because :effort: but you can't select Vipers with that.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Insert name here posted:

So I want to make a condi Warrior; is the best stat for this still all Vipers? I need to craft every piece right? Also where would I get a exotic backpack for Vipers? I usually just craft a level 78 exo crafting backpack for my characters because :effort: but you can't select Vipers with that.

An easier route might be getting an ascended backpack from one of the vendors in Bitterfrost/Lake Doric/Ring of Fire/Bloodstone Fen. Not sure who sells what but they're ascended and you can pick vipers.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Inzombiac posted:

Be honest with me:
You can check https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/legendaries to see how much each legendary will cost to craft.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Insert name here posted:

I think the only reason I'm dead set on Vipers is because I still enjoy Auric Basin. That meta-event has the perfect flow of low effort mob tagging and ample smoke breaks.

Edit: thanks for the replies everyone. Think I'm gonna go ahead with Plan V and run AB 12ish times.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Auric Basin is cool and good.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

U.T. Raptor posted:

I had 3 :smug:

Also, the only tyrian masteries that are actually important are the pact one and the fractal one (only if you care about fractals). Precursor crafting is an expensive trap, so unless you're a completionist or really want a second-generation legendary, you can safely skip that one.

While this is true, if you have not maxed your masteries you are missing out on the spirit shards you get for every 300k xp. These add up surprisingly quickly. If you get the Triple Trouble related masteries (which you MUST get to avoid having to do the extremely difficult masteries) done then maxing tyria masteries is not actually that difficult, it is just requires some planning and will take a while.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Forgall posted:

You can check https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/legendaries to see how much each legendary will cost to craft.

Wow I should probably start crafting those once a day materials. I'd hate to get everything together and then have a wait a month or more just to finish it. Though I guess if you're even richer you can buy most of the completed materials anyway.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Legendaries should really only be crafted once your perception of gold goes from "I never have enough" to "What should I buy today?"

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Rynoto posted:

Legendaries should really only be crafted once your perception of gold goes from "I never have enough" to "What should I buy today?"

While in fairness I think I'm closer to the latter than the former, I think having a legendary to work on can help offset the sometimes too open-endedness of things in this game. There are other easier goals you can set to give yourself direction, of course, like cheevos or asc gear from the S3 episode zone, but as long as you set your expectations realistically I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping a legendary plan underway.

Also, regarding the asc materials, the 1/day parts use the materials you're most likely to find running around at 80...the lump of mithrillium is pretty easy to knock out daily, then the glob thing for wood, the the silk whatsits, and finally the elonian cord for leather is probably least likely to happen daily. You can just stockpile those, since Deldrimor Steel, Bolts of Damask, etc., are not on daily cooldowns, and if you're sitting pretty on a pile of mithrillium you can just buy a bunch of the other metals and bang out the deld steel whenever.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heart of Thorns mastery effort post:
I have made an attept at categorizing all the Heart of Thorns masteries below. They are sorted into which zone they are in, and further categorized into which type of mastery. The order of the zones is the natural way you will explore Heart of Thorns.
I have tried to be objective when placing the mastery points in a difficulty category. All the easy ones are ones that I personally had no problems doing, and I have very little patience for grinding out content like this.
Easy - These are masteries you will get by default from e.g. completing the story or are otherwise very easy to get.
Medium – These require a bit of practice and/or studying guides more carefully, but should not be very challenging to acquire.
Hard- These will require a lot of practice, some luck, and in some cases the correct professions
Extremely Difficult – These will require an extreme amount of practice and dedication, as well as luck and the correct profession. These should only be attempted by players who wish to get every single achievement.

Please note: When you enter Heart of Thorns you will struggle to move around and explore. There are many masteries that make exploration much easier. Many mastery points are a lot easier to acquire with these masteries, or flat out require certain masteries to be reachable. The difficulty stated for individual masteries assume that you have these required masteries.
I recommend getting your Heart of Thorns masteries in the following order, with key ones in bold. These will all make it easier and easier to move around in Heart of Thorns:
Glider Basics, Updraft Use, Bouncing Mushrooms, Nuhoch Hunting, Nuhoch Wallows, Lean Techniques, Exalted Markings, Exalted acceptance, Stealth Gliding, Advanced Gliding

*Heart of Thorns Story*
Easy:
Establishing a Foothold, In Their Footsteps, Prisoners of the Dragon, The Jungle Provides, Torn from the Sky, City of Hope, Prized Possessions, Strange Observations, The Predator's Path, Buried Insight, Roots of Terror, Sign Cutting, The Way In, Bitter Harvest, Hearts and Minds – Just do the storyline and you will get all these for free
Heart of Thorns Act III Mastery - Play through the episode normally to all the achievements
Hard
Heart of Thorns Act I Mastery,Heart of Thorns Act II Mastery - Play through the episodes to unlock all the achievements
Extremely Difficult
Heart of Thorns Act IV Mastery – Requires doing the Migraine achievement which is aptly named.

*Verdant Brink*
Strongboxes – all easy - guide
Faren's Flyer Strongbox, Glory of Tyria Strongbox, Lethal Vantage Strongbox, Mellaggan's Valor Strongbox, Thunderbreaker Strongbox

Adventures
Easy
Bronzer – It is easy to get Bronze rating on all Verdant Brink adventures
Bugs in the Branches: Silver – Easily doable on silver with 2-3 practice attempts
Flying Circus: Silver – Easily doable on silver with 2-3 practice attempts
Salvage Pit: Gold – Should be doable on gold on your very first attempt on an adventure, ever, it is THAT easy
Salvage Pit: Silver – see above
Tendril Torchers: Silver – Easily doable on silver, hint: look up
Medium
Bugs in the Branches: Gold – Gold can be had with a bit of practice
Flying Circus: Gold – Gold can be had with a bit of practice
Shooting Gallery: Silver – Silver can be had with a bit of practice
Hard
Tendril Torchers: Gold – This one requires thorough planning and a lot of practice
Extremely Difficult
Shooting Gallery: Gold – One of the hardest adventures in the game, considered nigh impossible

Meta events and exploration
Ground Pounder – Easy, but takes quite a while to do
Jungle Totem Hunter – Easy, just follow a guide
Sky Commander – Easy, just defeat all 5 nightfall bosses during the VB meta event. Requires participation in 5 events (1 boss per event)
Dive Master: Verdant Brink – Easy, just jump off at the correct spot and don’t hit the ground!

*Auric Basin*
Endurance Strongbox, Obsidian Triumph Strongbox, Slice of Sky Strongbox, Straight and Narrow Strongbox, Vengeance Rising Strongbox

Adventures
Easy
On Wings of Gold: Gold - Gold can be had with a bit of practice
On Wings of Gold: Silver - Gold can be had with a bit of practice
Medium
A Fungus Among Us: Silver – Silver can be had with a bit of practice
Hard
A Fungus Among Us: Gold - Gotta practice this one for a while
Fallen Masks: Silver - Requires a bit of luck but is miles easier than gold
Sanctum Scramble: Silver - Requires great execution
The Floor Is Lava?: Silver - Difficult even on silver, requires memorization of a good route
Extremely Difficult
Fallen Masks: Gold - Requires extreme luck, perfect dodging and the correct profession
Sanctum Scramble: Gold - Requires perfect execution
The Floor Is Lava?: Gold - No luck required but perfect memorization of the optimal route is required

Easy
Droppin' Bombs – Participate in the meta event, grab a few bombs and glide to the octovine and bomb it, easy
Forgotten City Arches - Just fly under the arches over the river that runs from the eastern Tarir entrance and to the center
Invisible King – Get to the lower Tarnished Treetop and smack him around
Tarir Challenge Winner – While this is competitive (against other players) most people participate in these to progress the meta event and will likely let someone win if they ask
Hard
Vinetooth Hunter – Participate in this event and kill him (personally i did this guy many times without any problems, but others in this thread report having problems with this guy)

*Tangled Depths*
Strongboxes – All easy - guide
Cryptonym Strongbox, Plains of Golghein Strongbox, Shard of Brilliance Strongbox, Sword of Smodur Strongbox, Whitebear's Pride II Strongbox

Adventures
Easy
Beetle Feast: Silver – Easy, just go do it
Drone Race: Silver – Easy, just go do it
The Ley-Line Run: Silver – Easy, just go do it
Medium
Beetle Feast: Gold – Requires a bit of practice
Drone Race: Gold – Requires a bit of practice
Haywire Punch-o-Matic Battle: Silver – Requires a bit of practice
The Ley-Line Run: Gold – Requires a bit of practice
Hard
Haywire Punch-o-Matic Battle: Gold – Requires optimal play and luck
Scrap Rifle Field Test: Silver – Hard as both silver and gold because you need to practice using the scrap rifle and understand how it works. Once you understand the scrap rifle, silver is doable.
Scrap Rifle Field Test: Gold – Hard requires understanding as well as a perfect route.

Easy
Chak Crusher – Participate in the Chak Driver event
Cloak and Snagger – Requires stealth gliding, once you have that just fly past some mordrem and “dodge” mid-air
Dive Master: Chak Hive – Dive!
Friend of the Frogs – Easy but time consuming, participate in the whole event chain after the Chak Gerent meta ends
Honorary Ogre – Easy but time consuming, participate in the whole event chain after the Chak Gerent meta ends
Honorary Rata Novan – Easy but time consuming, participate in the whole event chain after the Chak Gerent meta ends
Lore Untangler - Easy but requires a lot of time and probably a guide
SCAR Supporter – Easy but time consuming, participate in the whole event chain after the Chak Gerent meta ends
Medium
Master Mushroom Spelunker – Medium because Jumping Puzzle
Potoni Masher – Medium because you need a group to kill this dude
Pulse Room Glider – Gotta be an experienced glider for this
Regurgicidal – Medium because people rarely do this event

*Dragon’s Stand*
Dragonrender Strongbox, Legacy of Owl Strongbox, Pride of Lion's Arch Strongbox, Scorchrazor II Strongbox, Unsolved Conundrum Strongbox
Meta event and exploration
Easy – Dragon’s Stand meta event is divided into 3 “lanes”, doing all 3 lanes once will get you most of these mastery points
Bat Wrangler – Participate in the meta
Central Tower Taker – Interact with the mastery point once the meta event has progressed to the final stage
Dragon's Stand Overviewer
Enchanted Armor Wearer – Requires exalted mastery
Fire Jumper – Participate in the meta
Laser Lighter – Participate in the meta
Munition Re-Upper – Participate in the meta
Mushroom Musterer – Participate in the meta
Northern Tower Taker – Interact with the mastery point once the meta event has progressed to the final stage
Pact Pilot Protector – Participate in the meta
Prismatic Plunderer – Participate in the meta
Shooting Star - The area opens up after the whole meta is completed
Southern Tower Taker – Interact with the mastery point once the meta event has progressed to the final stage
Tamer of Wyverns
Wallowing Whiz – Requires Nuhoch Wallows mastery
Medium
Ley Line Glider – Requires Ley Line gliding mastery which is very expensive
Prismatic Percher – Can be challenging even with a guide if you are an inexperienced glider
Sum Viewer - Can be challenging even with a guide if you are an inexperienced glider

*Mastery Insights*
All these are easy and just require you to go to a channel point and channel to get the mastery. The challenge is in finding them.
Verdant Brink guide
Auric Basin guide
Tangled depths guide

Auric Basin Insight: Burnisher Quarry
Auric Basin Insight: Eastwatch Bluff
Auric Basin Insight: Jawatl Grounds
Auric Basin Insight: Lastgear Standing
Auric Basin Insight: Luminate's Throne
Auric Basin Insight: Masks of the Fallen
Auric Basin Insight: Southwatch Creep
Auric Basin Insight: The Falls
Tangled Depths Insight: Northern Confluence
Tangled Depths Insight: Nuhoch Lane
Tangled Depths Insight: Order of Whispers Outpost
Tangled Depths Insight: Terraced Hive
Tangled Depths Insight: Twisting Viaduct
Verdant Brink Insight: Canopy Over Pact Encampment
Verdant Brink Insight: Creaking Cavern
Verdant Brink Insight: Creeping Crevasse
Verdant Brink Insight: Fumerol Caves
Verdant Brink Insight: Heartless Pass
Verdant Brink Insight: Holdfast Hollow
Verdant Brink Insight: Outside Noble Ledges
Verdant Brink Insight: The Corpse Grove
Verdant Brink Insight: Thistlevine Ravine

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 24, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rynoto posted:

What if you're really bad with money and so your attitude is both at once? :v:

It helps that I'm not going to decide what legendary to craft until I know more about the axe Mesmer elite spec, so I know how badly I want Astralaria instead of, say, Bolt. Until then I can just focus on amassing gold and maybe not dumping it all on something.

Though, I wonder: does Ascended armor "pay for itself?" As in, do the higher-tier Fractals that Ascended armor would let me do give a lot more money per run than lower-tier ones and/or just open up more ways to make money? Or should I stick to the lower-tier Fractals that I can do with Ascended weapons/trinkets/backpiece?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So far it seems so, if just because it saves a lot of time to do the three daily fractals at the highest tier you can to autocomplete the lower tiers as well. Plus there's kind of a snowball effect, I've gotten two additional pieces of ascended armor in the last week of doing the t2 dailies.

And then, if I get a armor box for a piece I already have I just choose a different weight for an alt so I don't have to spend anything to equip them with ascended armor.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is it worth it to craft ascended armor, or should I just run the fractals I can do with ascended weapons/trinkets and hope for armor box drops?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Get enough agony resist for fractal 40 if you are a turbo nerd and just want to make gold. Realistically you only need one ascended set to do the daily tier 4 fractals. You'll​ eventually get enough ascended drops to equip all you alts. If I only had exotics I'd do the easy raid wings bosses for easy ascended armor. Do escort, trio, wing 4 for easy magnetite shards.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Regarding HoT mastery points:

quote:

Vinetooth Hunter – Participate in this event and kill him

This one is in no way easy, it's a hard DPS and CC check, requires a fairly large (40+) group, and fails roughly 90% of the time it's attempted. You need a lot of luck to land in a successful Vinetooth Prime event.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The chances of getting a coat or leggings ascended box is low enough even from t4s that either crafting or buying them from the raid vendors would be the safer option.

Just make sure you have already added in the cost for all of the AR infusions to push yourself up to 150 on top of the ascended costs.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I linked this post from the OP as well, in case you update it!!! Thank you so much, this will help me as well as new people!!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rynoto posted:

The chances of getting a coat or leggings ascended box is low enough even from t4s that either crafting or buying them from the raid vendors would be the safer option.

Just make sure you have already added in the cost for all of the AR infusions to push yourself up to 150 on top of the ascended costs.

How many pieces of armor is strictly necessary for hitting 150 AR without buying stupidly expensive agony infusions (in which case I might as well just make more ascended armor)? Like +10 agony infusions don't seem prohibitively expensive (for reference I'm working with about 800 gold right now), so if I have 15 slots to work with I could hit 150. So, what, three pieces of ascended armor, assuming I infuse + attune my rings and infuse the backpiece?

Edit: Also I should probably make an effort to really know what I'm doing in fractals if I'm gonna do this on my Mesmer. People will probably expect me to be able to portal them past jumping sections and stuff, huh :v:

Harrow fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 23, 2017

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Harrow posted:

How many pieces of armor is strictly necessary for hitting 150 AR without buying stupidly expensive agony infusions (in which case I might as well just make more ascended armor)? Like +10 agony infusions don't seem prohibitively expensive (for reference I'm working with about 800 gold right now), so if I have 15 slots to work with I could hit 150. So, what, three pieces of ascended armor, assuming I infuse + attune my rings and infuse the backpiece?

Edit: Also I should probably make an effort to really know what I'm doing in fractals if I'm gonna do this on my Mesmer. People will probably expect me to be able to portal them past jumping sections and stuff, huh :v:

My agony infusion formula of choice (possibly copied from this thread earlier) is : +9 for your rings (3 each, so total of 6 needed) and +8 for every other slot: 6x armor, 2x weapons, 2x earrings, 2x backpiece which is 12 total and brings you total to 150 AR. You don't really need all that much to get to 61 AR which is required for full Tier 2. (do remember to take out your infusions when you infuse/attune gear in the Mystic forge.)

If you have an artificer you can craft them yourself when you have gathered enough +1 infusions. You will still need Thermocatalytic reagents, though.

I'm a big wuss though, even though I have full AR I'm very squeamish of doing T4 even with guildies. I don't have the most experience other than tiers 1-2 and 3 on selected fractals and I'm kinda worried I'll eat dirt most of the time if/when T4 things get tougher or even add more stuff to deal with. When I PUG stuff, I should just do it instead of worrying people will say mean things to me, I know.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 23, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

TeaJay posted:

My agony infusion formula of choice (possibly copied from this thread earlier) is : +9 for your rings (3 each, so total of 6 needed) and +8 for every other slot: 6x armor, 2x weapons, 2x earrings, 2x backpiece which is 12 total and brings you total to 150 AR. You don't really need all that much to get to 61 AR which is required for full Tier 2. (do remember to take out your infusions when you infuse/attune gear in the Mystic forge.)

I already have 64 AR--last time I played someone in I think SFD was really helpful in getting me started with agony infusions--so I can at least do up to tier 2s while I build up resources to infuse/attune and stuff.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Harrow posted:

Though, I wonder: does Ascended armor "pay for itself?" As in, do the higher-tier Fractals that Ascended armor would let me do give a lot more money per run than lower-tier ones and/or just open up more ways to make money? Or should I stick to the lower-tier Fractals that I can do with Ascended weapons/trinkets/backpiece?

It definitely does. I make 10G+ per day from just running T4s, plus I have quite a bit of ascended gear for my alts from drops. Definitely well worth the effort of getting, plus with the raid shards you can buy a few of the more expensive pieces that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Schpyder posted:

Regarding HoT mastery points:

This one is in no way easy, it's a hard DPS and CC check, requires a fairly large (40+) group, and fails roughly 90% of the time it's attempted. You need a lot of luck to land in a successful Vinetooth Prime event.

Huh, that doesn't match my experience at all.

I have never seen a single failed attempt at him, and i have killed him 20ish times.

• Locked thread