Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It feels like Carl Bildt's likeability has a direct correlation to his distance to the prime minister seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Yeah, the Block list should have been vetted.

But I'm not opposed to letting nazis and alt-right trolls miss out on using it. It's not an exercise in democracy or freedom of speech it's a stupid marketing gimmick.

But all kinds of left-wing extremist using it like this idiot with the list are ok? Also nice to see that moderaterna has some people left in their party with some integrity and wants to be part of the only party in the opposition.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Guy was a nobody who defected because he was about to lose his spot on his local party list which would cost him his seat anyway.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Make Fredrik Strage the permanent @sweden curator. Problem solved.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Beeswax posted:

Make Fredrik Strage the permanent @sweden curator. Problem solved.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

He stole that joke btw, which kinda makes me a bit salty.

freelancemoth
Apr 28, 2014
https://www.svtplay.se/video/13669156/svt-forum/svt-forum-19-maj-09-00?position=23180&cmpid=del:em:20170521:fre-19-maj-0900:pla:lp

How can someone hate white people so much?

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

McCloud posted:

He stole that joke btw, which kinda makes me a bit salty.

https://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/89289643484385280

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Et tu Bildt

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

segregationism?

:crossarms:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I struggle on deciding whether my favorite part of that panel talk was the guy delivering the ice burn on KD towards the end or the young girls in the audience literally being hushed by the old white people who were shaking their heads disapprovingly at the audacity of the youngsters.

Satire is dead.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

MiddleOne posted:

Guy was a nobody who defected because he was about to lose his spot on his local party list which would cost him his seat anyway.

He was also not on the list for parliament in 2018 and wants to keep his job.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

He was also not on the list for parliament in 2018 and wants to keep his job.

That is literally what I was trying to communicate with that post.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
Now that the Brits are leaving it seems like the EU-Commission wants everyone to join the Euro by 2025.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/eu-lacka-sverige-maste-anta-euron-2025

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

lol varför

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's not like that's a demand that they can actually follow up on.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Wild Horses posted:

lol varför
Well, they have pretty good reasons for wanting it so.

1. It'd expand the Euro into economies that are way better aligned with the monetary policy of the EU, since Denmark, Sweden and all the Eastern European countries are all export economies.
2. it'd make the Eurozone look better and probably "restore confidence"
3. It'd be another EU win against small-minded nationalists standing in the way of a historic project.

Good luck defeating those small-minded nationalists though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

1. It'd expand the Euro into economies that are way better aligned with the monetary policy of the EU, since Denmark, Sweden and all the Eastern European countries are all export economies.

It would actually be awful for all of us because we want our currencies to be de-valued to boost our export industries. This especially applies to Germany which needs the rest of the Eurozone to be performing poo poo to keep their exports competitive. Having export-surplus economies join would run completely counteractive to that.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

2. it'd make the Eurozone look better and probably "restore confidence"

It'll embolden nationalists sentiments in Denmark and Sweden while accomplishing diddly squat since this is not something the Commission can demand off us in the first place due to our exceptions.

Wild horses is pretty much completely on point. This is just dumb.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Well, they have pretty good reasons for wanting it so.
The only reason is because it will in some way line some politicians' pockets.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

It would actually be awful for all of us because we want our currencies to be de-valued to boost our export industries. This especially applies to Germany which needs the rest of the Eurozone to be performing poo poo to keep their exports competitive. Having export-surplus economies join would run completely counteractive to that.
All those countries would totally back up screwing over south-western Europe to ensure the Euro stays competitive. The backup plan of course being a German-led rump-EU without south-western Europe, a less culinarily enticing China, fine-tuned towards creating the perfect supply chain through Germany and out into the world. Much easier for Germany to control.

MiddleOne posted:

It'll embolden nationalists sentiments in Denmark and Sweden while accomplishing diddly squat since this is not something the Commission can demand off us in the first place due to our exceptions.

Wild horses is pretty much completely on point. This is just dumb.
Sweden doesn't have any exceptions/opt-outs, it has just failed to move forward on joining the Euro. But yeah, the assumption would be that they succeeded, which they obviously won't.

Collateral Damage posted:

The only reason is because it will in some way line some politicians' pockets.
Look man, people can have ideals, even if they're scum. Scummy ideals, but hey, still ideals.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Fader Movitz posted:

Now that the Brits are leaving it seems like the EU-Commission wants everyone to join the Euro by 2025.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/eu-lacka-sverige-maste-anta-euron-2025

lmao its like they want to empower the eurosceptics

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Sweden doesn't have any exceptions/opt-outs, it has just failed to move forward on joining the Euro. But yeah, the assumption would be that they succeeded, which they obviously won't.

No other member state would ever get away with so blatantly gaming the convergence criteria. :v:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
https://www.avanza.se/placera/telegram/2017/05/22/emu-missforstand-att-sverige-tvingas-in-i-euron-fore-2025.html

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Lol, SVT edited their article 10 min after I posted apparently.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

No other member state would ever get away with so blatantly gaming the convergence criteria. :v:
The Germans still fear the Schwedentrunk.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
men vafaaan vi fick ju nyss nya pengar palla växla in mynt igen

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Wild Horses posted:

lol varför

To take everyone else down with them into the black hole of diarrhea that is the euro?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

CAROL posted:

Ingen kommer ta emot dina gamla pengar nästa gång; problemet löst.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

CAROL posted:

För övrigt är de nya pengarna både vulgära och populistiska. We should change back :sweden:

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

Wild Horses posted:

För övrigt är de nya pengarna både vulgära och populistiska. We should change back :sweden:

Detta.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

CAROL posted:

använd inte kontanter som nån gammal KDare

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

von Braun posted:

använd inte kontanter som nån gammal KDare

kontanter e bäst! ingen protest!

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I think it's only fair that all European countries carry the burden of the Euro together.

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

kikkelivelho posted:

I think it's only fair that all European countries carry the burden of the Euro together.

Wow, how accelerationist!

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

kikkelivelho posted:

Such a pity it's a load of poo poo though.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

kikkelivelho posted:

"I dokumenten framgår det att målet är att samtliga EU:s medlemsstater ska införa euro som valuta senast år 2025."

"Man vill att kontrollen över valutan ska bli mer demokratisk."

Så mycket lol på det.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Mera som tyskarna vill ha mera länder att elda upp som bränsle för deras euro-export-maskin

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

White Rock posted:

Wow, how accelerationist!

Actually a federal Europe is probably the best way to keep Europe relevant on the global stage in the future. The fact that we still have a number of stubborn countries clinging to their national currencies is a massive problem for the "ever closer union" and it's incredibly shortsighted in the long run. The Euro has problems, but having every country in the union actually use it would immediately fix some of them.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Wild Horses posted:

Didn't know you had new banknotes so I went to riksbank.se to have a look. I was most impressed by this page though:
http://www.riksbank.se/en/Press-and-published/Press/Press-photos/Gold/

Awww yeah. Liked, tweeted, shared (Facebook+LinkedIn) and e-mailed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

kikkelivelho posted:

Actually a federal Europe is probably the best way to keep Europe relevant on the global stage in the future. The fact that we still have a number of stubborn countries clinging to their national currencies is a massive problem for the "ever closer union" and it's incredibly shortsighted in the long run. The Euro has problems, but having every country in the union actually use it would immediately fix some of them.

So you're saying we should reform the Swedish empire and invade Germany?