Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Sorbocules posted:

So, I just learned that you can fail to get Atlas. He seems to not appear if you do the desert part of chapter 3 before visiting his location in the town. Looks like Celica's army will be one unit short. Oh well, from what I can tell he's not that good anyway compared to the rest of her squad.

I learned this the hard way, when I visited the town, but forgot to hit that one location before going to bed, and forgot that I missed a spot when I started again. But not worth restarting the game and redoing all of the game so far over again.

Probablt not worth restarting, but he is the best Dread Fighter in the game because of the dumb promotion system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm yet at the point where Celica's army is better than Alm's. Now that may be because Alm's path is a lot less poo poo with swamps and garbage, but I pretty much have Delthea delete a powerful enemy every turn and Mathila with Rhomphaia.

Also a rip-off is Celica's ultimate attack being a slightly more fiery firestorm, while Alm goes Unlimited Blade Works and summons a lightsaber in a different dimension.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"They have a bunch of poison ground expecting me to push the clear area through soldiers and 3 cantors worth of summoned guys? Hey Wonderwings, I'll bait the archers off, fly back there and murder the guy."
"5 necrodragons in a mobility-poor map? Time for the falcon knights to get to work again."
"A wall, some casters, and the head summoner in the back unsupported? Pegasister Murder Squad, you know the drill."

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I got to the Last Bastion map and I just realized promoted Alm can actually use bows.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 23, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wonder if anybody has ever used the hp spring over the experience spring in the sylvan shrine

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Given that I was basically only doing chip damage to it throughout most of the fight, I get the impression that you're not supposed to try and take on the necrodragon at the sea shrine the moment you have a clear path to it.

I mean, I still kicked it's rear end, but I basically got lucky with my positioning and eventually managed to pin it down to where Leon and my mages could potshot it to death.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

Given that I was basically only doing chip damage to it throughout most of the fight, I get the impression that you're not supposed to try and take on the necrodragon at the sea shrine the moment you have a clear path to it.

I mean, I still kicked it's rear end, but I basically got lucky with my positioning and eventually managed to pin it down to where Leon and my mages could potshot it to death.

If Celica is level 5 she gets a super effective spell that deals like 30 damage to it, and it's not too hard for her to have it by then. Genny gets Invoke around the same level too which trivialises it pretty decently as well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

celica learns Seraphim at like level 5, which deals like 20+ damage per attack to terrors and undead

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Just tried to storm the witch lady's house in Alm's route and got my poo poo kicked in.

...I'll try again in the morning.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Speaking of that, I love how Celica would say something like "we're up against necrodragons... but I have the Seraphim spell at my disposal", completely unafraid and ready to kick some draconic arse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Up at the final dungeon. Alm still has the stronger army. Clair is way better than the whitewings because she has access to the best lance ability. Delthea is the best mage in the game and the other mage has access to a speed ring which makes them the 2nd best.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If Celica is level 5 she gets a super effective spell that deals like 30 damage to it, and it's not too hard for her to have it by then. Genny gets Invoke around the same level too which trivialises it pretty decently as well.

Tae posted:

celica learns Seraphim at like level 5, which deals like 20+ damage per attack to terrors and undead

My Celica's currently level 3. :v:

Genny hit 5 during the fight, but I was so focused on using her as a healer that I didn't bother to experiment with it during the fight.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

hopeandjoy posted:

Just tried to storm the witch lady's house in Alm's route and got my poo poo kicked in.

...I'll try again in the morning.

I played 3h on that map yesterday and killed sooooo many Gargoyles. But in hindsight I see quite a few ways to cheese the map quite well to make short work of it instead of slowly grinding your way to the entrance and then make a mad dash at the boss hoping she won't get her death spell off.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
who made the music for this game

because the duma boss theme sounds like the ultrabeast battle theme from pokemon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all the music in this game is just remixes of songs from the original fe gaiden

also is it just me or does kamui sound australian in some of his lines

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the music owns

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

RME posted:

the music owns

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zore posted:

Also, having played most of the game, I really dislike the 'everyone deploys' thing because most maps have so few enemies. And it just turns into a congested clusterfuck in the boats, deserts and most of the castle chapters.

You could just not deploy everyone. On Celica's side I've dumped Jesse, Atlas, and Valbar and on Alm's Python, Forsythe, Luther and Clive have been unable to keep up.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you haven't beaten the game, hit Up, Down, Left, Right, Up on the title screen, then check out the Extras menu.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I would never not deploy any of my Echoes friends.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Terper posted:

You could just not deploy everyone. On Celica's side I've dumped Jesse, Atlas, and Valbar and on Alm's Python, Forsythe, Luther and Clive have been unable to keep up.

even the people you've dumped can be useful bait, if you're playing casual. if you're doing classic, they can be useful bait at least once

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

why do you even show up python

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

To be an extra archer and archers are good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SyntheticPolygon posted:

To be an extra archer and archers are good.

Actually they're pretty bad

It's kind of incredible how bad units with 1-5 range can be

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Silver Bow + Ward Shot = gently caress you Cantors/Witches/Etc = Archers are Cool and Good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're the only units that counter 3 range mages and assassinate bothersome cantors (not all of them but enough).

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm in the first half of Chapter 3, and god drat leech-tanking Cleric Faye is better than the rest of Alm's party combined. Like, there's a fight against two giant trains of cavaliers and I ended up having Faye pretty much solo one of them. It's disgusting how good she is, or maybe mine's just blessed.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Reiterpallasch posted:

I'm in the first half of Chapter 3, and god drat leech-tanking Cleric Faye is better than the rest of Alm's party combined. Like, there's a fight against two giant trains of cavaliers and I ended up having Faye pretty much solo one of them. It's disgusting how good she is, or maybe mine's just blessed.

My Faye became a Pegasus Knight, and now she's a peg who seems convinced she's a Great Knight instead.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I am convinced I am in a negaworld where the white wings are in fact bad because if they weren't getting constant support they'd be dying constantly. They do almost no damage compared to any of my dread fighters, and giving them better lances just means they get doubled by anything that's not a Cantor. Palla in particular has forced me to use the turnwheel more than any other character in both armies.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think they're mediocre as well. Hard more is all about alpha strikes and the whitewings aren't as good as clair because their lance selection is a bit lacking in comparison.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Rudolf attacked Mathilda, with Clive tucked 2 spaces away for support bonus, and got Ridersbane-critted to death on turn 2. :v:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
lmao, just lmao, at whoever designed nuibaba and her chapter

instant death at 7 range on top of a mountain while the player is swamped with infinite flying reinforcements that have a basically zero chance of missing whoever doesn't get instant deathed?

e: okay they didn't mention that the instant death effect only does 50% hp to dread fighters due to their passive, that makes it actually literally possible at least

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 23, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I might switch off hard mode if this game is going to be as obsessed with mass mages as it has been so far. Needs to chill out a little bit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I might switch off hard mode if this game is going to be as obsessed with mass mages as it has been so far. Needs to chill out a little bit.

Witches literally summon witches

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

Witches literally summon witches

That's one of the easier maps in the game though.

Anyway, this tower is too loving long jesus christ. At least I got a sword that makes Celica even more broken than she already is.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

I am convinced I am in a negaworld where the white wings are in fact bad because if they weren't getting constant support they'd be dying constantly. They do almost no damage compared to any of my dread fighters, and giving them better lances just means they get doubled by anything that's not a Cantor. Palla in particular has forced me to use the turnwheel more than any other character in both armies.

Oh no. :( Palla especially was my favorite for being the actual first Oifey.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i love all of my friends who are too slow and too weak to do any damage to these 8 cavaliers

i love my trash archer who can barely survive a round of combat with a steel bow and can't leave a scratch without it

i love everyone not named kliff or gray who isn't afraid to be a worthless burning trash fire

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

no wait sorry my tobin is really good too

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If you give Lukas and Forsythe shields the enemies probably won't be doing anything to them either at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You know who makes gooid tanks to bait out enemies

Invoke dreadfighters

• Locked thread