Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Well, I mean they forgot to count that one where 52% of the population decided to detonate the country's future while they were still inside it, that should count as a suicide attack imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
Lol a loving water pipe. You can be dedicated to your viewpoints about the world and I got respect for that but people who think a water pipe went off at this moment hours after the event are truly broken.

Anyway prayers for the family, see you next Islamic suicide attack

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

spacetoaster posted:

Compared to what exactly? There have been a dozen in the UK (5 successful) in the last several years, and even more that weren't suicide bombers.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

The best and most morally repugnant and delusional take: it was fake, it didn't happen, they're all crisis actors.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

TomViolence posted:

Well, I mean they forgot to count that one where 52% of the population decided to detonate the country's future while they were still inside it, that should count as a suicide attack imo.

There will be unironic, and may be correct but entirely tactless, posts about how this incident will cause less deaths than brexit in the next 24 hours without doubt. It will not help the cause at all and be painful to watch the fights break out.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Rasta_Al posted:

Okay guys, we might have a slight emergency on our hands. The nails i used to install the water pipe aren't exactly holding. I think it can wait until after the Ariana concert though

I'm sure if you keep posting this joke it'll eventually be funny

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
wish a water pipe would burst in this thread tbh

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yes, some idiot got the number of suicide bombings done in the UK wrong, we can focus on him rather than the fact that tonight was probably a suicide bombing
-This thread

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Rasta_Al posted:

Okay guys, we might have a slight emergency on our hands. The nails i used to install the water pipe aren't exactly holding. I think it can wait until after the Ariana concert though

Who built this concert hall, groverhaus inc?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

Yes, some idiot got the number of suicide bombings done in the UK wrong, we can focus on him rather than the fact that tonight was probably a suicide bombing
-This thread

I don't know pal, the difference in response should be different to an event that has happened a dozen times in the past several years and and an event that's happened once in a dozen years. What do you expect us to be doing anyway? Holding our own UKMT COBRA meeting?

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
I can't believe this thread moved past the guy who unironically argued that maybe a girl just stepped on a nail and that's what all the hullabaloo was about

Fados
Jan 7, 2013
I like Malcolm X, I can't be racist!

Put this racist dipshit on ignore immediately!

Nazzadan posted:

-This thread

It's probably better to focus on some dumb analogy that a D&D poster made about water pipes and repeat it ad-infinitum like that's what he actually believes happened.

He even says in that very post that he thinks that it probably was a terrorist attack, but why let that get in the way of a perfectly good meme about DELUDED D&D LEFTISTS :kingsley:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lid posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Heck man, the July bombings was 4 in one day. The 5th would be the airport bombing (it didn't go off the right way and the dude just burned up).

Then there's a bunch of ones that got stopped.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

Heck man, the July bombings was 4 in one day. The 5th would be the airport bombing (it didn't go off the right way and the dude just burned up).

Then there's a bunch of ones that got stopped.

So one then.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TheRat posted:

So one then.

Yes. Just one. It is a rare thing.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

Yes. Just one. It is a rare thing.

Good, we are in agreement :)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TheRat posted:

Good, we are in agreement :)

See you at the polls on 8 june. :)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah, that's not creepy at all.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TheRat posted:

Yeah, that's not creepy at all.

I meant for voting. :rolleyes:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TomViolence posted:

The best and most morally repugnant and delusional take: it was fake, it didn't happen, they're all crisis actors.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/866845322043117569

Basically this?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Who's Seth Rich?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Who's Seth Rich?

The DNC staffer who was murdered. Some speculate that he was the leaker to Wikileaks about the Hillary campaign. That tweet is "so woke" nonsense.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Baron Corbyn posted:

Who's Seth Rich?

Briefly: DNC worker who got mugged and murdered in DC; conspiracy theories abound about him being an intelligence source for Wikileaks and right-wing media in the US are running with it.

So this person thinks the Clintons suicide bombed the UK in order to drive the fake Seth Rich story out of the US news. The UK can't even have a UK-centric conspiracy theory, it's all gotta be about the US in Trump's America.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Ah yes a terrorist incident. So naturally all the scum come crawling out of the woodwork itt.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/rosskempsell/status/866883717318553600

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Whoever said May will use it to suspend her campaign when she's getting hammered called it.

I mean I get why the Brexit campaign was suspended when an MP was killed on account of said campaign, but as tasteless as it is I don't see why it should be this time. Other than Labour doesn't really have any choice in this, they can't continue on if May doesn't.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's something that's been done forever. In the event of a major tragic incident party politics get put aside for a bit, not out of respect for the dead, but because no one wants to be accused of burying news.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

I'm sure the papers will pick up where she left off and finish out her campaign for her in grand style.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I heard the manchester bombing was just a burst water pipe? This true?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Snatch Duster posted:

I heard the manchester bombing was just a burst water pipe? This true?

it was a water balloon

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Private Speech posted:

Whoever said May will use it to suspend her campaign when she's getting hammered called it.

I mean I get why the Brexit campaign was suspended when an MP was killed on account of said campaign, but as tasteless as it is I don't see why it should be this time. Other than Labour doesn't really have any choice in this, they can't continue on if May doesn't.

This is nuts of course campaigning is going to be suspended after last night.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Stay safe out there britgoons.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Good grief, I just woke up and thought the thread would be a good way to catch up on overnight developments. What the hell did you guys do to the place while I was gone?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Some arsehole blew up a concert last night.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

TheRat posted:

And that alone killed more people than every islamist suicide bomb attack in the UK combined.

Well that's ok then better tell people to stop whining about this little trifle

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Private Speech posted:

What the gently caress mate? Of course they'd stop campaigning, this isn't some Machiavellian strategy.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This thread can really be aggressively terrible some times.

Updates:

"Police: sole attacker died at scene

Chief constable Ian Hopkins says the attacker died in the explosion.

He says that while police believe the man was acting alone in the attack last night, investigations are ongoing to establish if he was part of a network.

He says police believe the man was “carrying an improvised explosive device, which he detonated causing this atrocity”.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Uh, ok?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Don't be stupid.
The point is that, while it's terrible that there are people willing to commit suicide bombings and/or kill people to further an extremist cause, you're far more likely to die in any other number of ways well before your life expectancy would suggest.
This includes things like 'while taking a poo poo', 'slipping in the bath/shower' and 'run over by a car while crossing the road'.
I'm not living my life terrified of dying while pinching one out in the morning and I don't spend 20 minutes anxiously waiting for a perfectly clear road so that I can cross. Accept that these things could potentially happen but there's nothing you can do about them, and move on with your lovely life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Someone I used to work with - reasonably sane and intelligent - just tweeted:
I don't do politics but any party that comes up with a legit solution to stop an attack like last night happening again will get my vote 💔

Welp, here come the fash :(

• Locked thread