Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

This forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I didn't even know who Rebel Wilson was until last year

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Mind you, as Krauss felt his body being penetrated by the Prophet’s shrapnel of nuts, bolts and nails, those goitered eyes might in their last glimmering have caught a glimpse of vindication.

A blast of Manchester dimensions must surely knock over the studio’s lunchroom refrigerator.  Allah only knows how many innocent lives that shocking incident might claim.

WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

This is why you people can't effectively communicate with working Australians.

Look at this blue collar elitist here, being judgey and superior to us inner city types who give a poo poo about their jobs.

Don't be prole-ier than thou.

EDITED TO IMPROVE PUN

hooman fucked around with this message at 07:46 on May 23, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The Quadrant article has stopped working. Either it's being hammered or been pulled in recored time.

Edit: It was being hammered, still up.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

The Quadrant article has stopped working. Either it's being hammered or been pulled in recored time.

Edit: It was being hammered, still up.

The author of this article does not understand statistics.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
I kind of want to see a dead trees copy of their magazine. Want to know who is willing to drop $1,500 on an ad in it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

hooman posted:

The author of this article does not understand statistics.

It's like when noted the #1 cause of death via animal in Australia is horses (mostly being thrown from), not sharks (who don't even rate), the fear reponse to the action is different from the outcome. It's all well and good to have a fridge fall on you but imagine being eaten by a shark while riding a refridgerator.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

According to preliminary reports many of the victims were teenage girls no older than Aisha, Mohammad’s beloved child bride. :iamafag:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

According to preliminary reports many of the victims were teenage girls no older than Aisha, Mohammad’s beloved child bride. :iamafag:

Rowan don't you have a magazine to edit?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Instead of nobly interrupting the monstrous guests by shouting DEATH TO ALL MUSLIMS Tony Jones cowardly let their insane ramblings continue in a craven display of spinelessness.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Just so you know we don't have a monopoly on the hot takes I give you something a bit more local to the bombing. Yes, mail online 'journalists' are low hanging fruit but openly calling for a final solution is pretty brazen.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

Sea levels are now rising fast. Melbourne is going under water

The Manchester bombing is indeed topical and of great interest but I want to take this opportunity to laugh at the boomers & investors who paid top dollar for waterfront properties but didn't care about climate change.

Whoopsie you dickheads.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Bogan King posted:

Just so you know we don't have a monopoly on the hot takes I give you something a bit more local to the bombing. Yes, mail online 'journalists' are low hanging fruit but openly calling for a final solution is pretty brazen.

Maybe this is also an unattributed quote from that horrible article

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Bogan King posted:

Based on everything else she's tweeted, it looks like she's trying to set herself up as the go-to racist hardliner.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Whats that?

I see a shadow on the horizon...

It's...

The beast with two backs...

Wait...

One is hairless...

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
So Federal Labor, in the spirit of giving away free kicks, once again voted in lockstep with the Liberals against a Federal ICAC.

It's almost as if they don't want to see the Liberal party brought low by their own greed or summin'

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Don Dongington posted:

So Federal Labor, in the spirit of giving away free kicks, once again voted in lockstep with the Liberals against a Federal ICAC.

It's almost as if they don't want to see the Liberal party brought low by their own greed or summin'

Needs a pic to do it justice. Greens only ones remotely on the left as always.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Bogan King posted:

#Machester

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

DancingShade posted:

The Manchester bombing is indeed topical and of great interest but I want to take this opportunity to laugh at the boomers & investors who paid top dollar for waterfront properties but didn't care about climate change.

Whoopsie you dickheads.

If docklands went underwater would anyone notice?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Lid posted:

Whats that?

I see a shadow on the horizon...

It's...

The beast with two backs...

Wait...

One is hairless...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Don Dongington posted:

Labor are just as crooked as the LNP, they're just less efficient at it.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

If docklands went underwater would anyone notice?

That nice new waterwheel is the centrepiece of the Docklands Swamp.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

DancingShade posted:

Whoopsie you dickheads.

they'll be dead when it goes under so i doubt they'll care

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

DancingShade posted:

Corruption is in the LNP's DNA, Labor corruption is just opportunistic and is easier to uncover.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Apparently the NSW ALP walked out on parliament when Gladys Berejiklian introduced the Obeid legislation, quality party, quality state :thumbsup:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

NTRabbit posted:

Apparently the NSW ALP walked out on parliament when Gladys Berejiklian introduced the Obeid legislation, quality party, quality state :thumbsup:

A good hill to die on

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Bogan King posted:

Yikes :stare:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

She deleted that tweet and posted a new one which said something like "we need a true solution".
She's still a human toilet, but she's a Daily Mail journalist so that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

DancingShade posted:

Remember NSW ICAC was brought in by Nick Greiner to try and nab members of the previous Labor government and he subsequently got done by ICAC

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I really don't get why McGowan launch one here in WA - Labor have been in Opposition for so long it'd surely exclusively take out the libs, giving Labor a good 8 years to govern without having to dodge stupid identity bullshit and populist bullshit from the libs.

Unless they're filthy too oh right it's that.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

OK which one of you upset that nice Mr Chris Kenny?

https://twitter.com/Johnnismoke/status/866975373522722816

https://twitter.com/chriskkenny/status/866975624287592448

for once it wasn't me :v:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
*checks media*

Now you guys behave, and remember. no more long bows...

*checks media again*

Senior Labor MP Anthony Albanese's public interventions on the federal budget and a controversial "Australians First" advertisement have infuriated colleagues, with some believing he has destabilised Bill Shorten.

Mr Shorten's praetorian guard of supporters are now pushing back, claiming the NSW MP – who fought Mr Shorten for the Labor leadership in 2013 – fears he has missed his chance to lead the ALP.

In the past two weeks, Mr Albanese has publicly criticised the "Australians First" ad as a "shocker", and offered an alternative budget reply speech in which he said Labor should have claimed victory following the "ideological surrender" of the Turnbull government in its 2017 budget.

Fairfax Media has spoken to several Labor MPs who are close to Mr Shorten and who believe Mr Albanese "can see his last chance [to be leader] slipping away".

"This is the last roll of the dice for him ... he is trailing his coat and it is destructive," one said.

Another said he could not understand what Mr Albanese was up to, but "he can't think he's on the cusp of becoming leader when we are on 53-47 in the polls".

MPs close to Mr Albanese, insist he has no designs on the Labor leadership but that as a senior MP and former deputy prime minister he is entitled to speak on issues as he sees fit.

Fairfax Media has contacted the offices of Mr Albanese and Mr Shorten for comment.

Though few in Labor disagreed with Mr Albanese's criticism of the ad, his decision to go public raised eyebrows.

A number of senior MPs, including Chris Bowen and Tony Burke, as well as factional leaders Sam Dastyari and Tim Watts, were furious about the ad, but called Mr Shorten to complain privately, concerned about the need for public unity following the disastrous Rudd-Gillard years.

Fairfax Media has been told by a member of the shadow cabinet that at a meeting on the Monday before the budget – the day that Mr Albanese criticised the ad and Mr Shorten ordered it pulled from the air – the pair had a "robust" exchange.

An MP who was in that meeting said: "Shorten didn't say I am personally sorry [for the ad]; he said someone else stuffed up and agreed it shouldn't have been shown. He then had a crack at Albo about people making public comments.

"Albo then said what he thought, and they moved on."

Mr Albanese had informed the leader's office before a press conference he was scheduled to give that day that, if asked, he would publicly criticise the ad.

While some MPs believe Mr Albanese is correct to have argued the ALP should have "claimed victory" after the 2017 budget, others are annoyed that it has distracted from the opposition's political attack on the Coalition's budget.

On Tuesday, for the second question time in a row, the Turnbull government focused on revelations published by Fairfax Media on Monday that Labor's shadow cabinet was split over whether to back the 0.5 per cent rise in the Medicare levy for all taxpayers, or just those earning more than $87,000.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull mocked Mr Shorten for "defying the wishes of the majority of his own shadow cabinet", who had argued Labor should back the rise for everyone to help fund the National Disability Insurance Scheme.

Deputy Prime Minster Barnaby Joyce, backed by catcalls from government benches, told Parliament: "He [Mr Albanese] has never asked a question, he is not allowed. He sits there, he is almost mute. He is in the race, he is in the race for this fellow's [Mr Shorten's] job; that is why he can't ask a question."

On Monday, Labor deputy leader Tanya Plibersek defended the decision to impose the Medicare levy rise only on people earning more than $87,000, and disputed that a majority of the shadow cabinet had backed a rise for people on all incomes.

"We made a decision that protecting 10 million taxpayers, 80 per cent of taxpayers from a tax increase, at a time when wages growth is at historic lows, was the right thing to do," she told the ABC.

"The fact that a conversation – a friendly conversation between colleagues with different views – makes it to the paper shows how little we talk about what happens in shadow cabinet, and that's a good thing."

However, former Labor trade minister Craig Emerson argued in the Australian Financial Review the ALP should have backed the levy rise for all income levels.

GOD DAMNIT

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Splits

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think this may contribute to the federal leadership destabilization.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Let's ask statesman, stabilising influence, and potential future Prime Minister The Honourable Tony Abbott MP for his opinion on Labor infighting

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Somewhere in Queensland a concession speech momentarily stops to announce they are standing for the next leadership challenge in Labor.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

I think this may contribute to the federal leadership destabilization.

You need leadership to exist before you can destabilize it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lid posted:

Somewhere in China a speech about selling beauty products on Alibaba momentarily stops to announce they are standing for the next leadership challenge in Labor.

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hooman posted:

Don't be prole-ier than thou.

EDITED TO IMPROVE PUN

And now I shall steal it and there's nothing you can do to stop me!

• Locked thread