Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zippy the Bummer posted:

who here can fart and belch at the same time? I've been trying it for the last few minutes and while i get close it's not quite simultaneous

i was just watching The Man Who Would Be King and that quote was on my mind which is why i mention this

ahahaha

I had diarrhea and vomited at the same time when I was 12 after eating bad Canada hotdogs at Niagara Falls in a trailer and some of the vomit came out of my nose and also I had just gotten my wisdom teeth removed and they were still bloody so vomit got in the wounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I couldn't eat anything for like a day then I got dinner at a rainforest cafe and I was starving and I ordered a burger and when I bit it my mouth just bled all over it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That's really all I remember about being in Canada except that there were signs for strip clubs everywhere

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh and the campground we stayed at had the xmen arcade game which I will play every time I see one

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
much like this thread, the guardian does not want to move on https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/23/alt-right-online-humor-as-a-weapon-facism

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Avirosb posted:

Given how one's brain stores one's sentience and it rotting away kind of puts an end to that.

I, too, stopped developing my moral code after my "edgy 13 year old atheist" stage.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Face-ism

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

GREAT SATAN posted:

I, too, stopped developing my moral code after my "edgy 13 year old atheist" stage.

We all do once we're dead.
One needn't religion to uphold one's virtues, but if you do you're welcome to it.

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Avirosb posted:

We all do once we're dead.
One needn't religion to uphold one's virtues, but if you do you're welcome to it.

So you're just going to take the concept of virtue for granted, like it didn't evolve from something or is embedded in cultural traditions?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

GREAT SATAN posted:

he's completely right though lol

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Anyways, back to topic.

- 70 year old.
- Possibly demented. Repeats himself a lot.
- Unhealthy lifestyle, lots of sitting still in planes, steaks w/ ketchup.
- Travel fatigue.
- Baggage that whether it's true or not impedes his policy making and work process.

Summary: Trump's definitely not fine.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think most democratic voters really do want to help old and poor people on a genuine level but it's one of those something awful "digging yourself out of a well" things where sometimes it seems impossible.

I've shown my grandma so many examples of how she's getting hosed by voting GOP and she always acts like she realizes it and then she votes republican every election

That's what I'm talking about. The voting public is literally insane (sorry about your grandma) and Congress is giving them exactly what they want. Push comes to shove these people would even admit that they actually want universal healthcare in some poll or something, but it doesn't really matter since they would never vote for a representative who would give it to them for some psychotic reasons that only make sense to them(like the D in front of their names, or being too Muslim friendly, or being a communist, or some other conspiracy nonsense).

Like, look at this loving thread. Everyone itt defending/voting Trump has completely lost the loving plot and is probably just doing it to "troll the snowflakes" and see "Hillary burn". This is psychotic. People loving up their own lives and futures to troll some people online, out of spite

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

GREAT SATAN posted:

So you're just going to take the concept of virtue for granted, like it didn't evolve from something or is embedded in cultural traditions?

Virtues come in many shapes and guises.
Some are ignorant to the potential negative effects of instilling one's own virtues upon others.

Poverty is neither a virtue nor a sin, it is a condition.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

That's what I'm talking about. The voting public is literally insane (sorry about your grandma) and Congress is giving them exactly what they want. Push comes to shove these people would even admit that they actually want universal healthcare in some poll or something, but it doesn't really matter since they would never vote for a representative who would give it to them for some psychotic reasons that only make sense to them(like the D in front of their names, or being too Muslim friendly, or being a communist, or some other conspiracy nonsense).

Like, look at this loving thread. Everyone itt defending/voting Trump has completely lost the loving plot and is probably just doing it to "troll the snowflakes" and see "Hillary burn". This is psychotic. People loving up their own lives and futures to troll some people online, out of spite

perhaps this thread isn't for you fella

Avirosb posted:

Some are ignorant to the potential negative effects of instilling one's own virtues upon others.

poverty is the baseline state of mankind

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Avirosb posted:

I agree with all of that. My point was that it isn't true that "nothing matters because in the end we all die." I may have misinterpreted your original post on the subject

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

GREAT SATAN posted:

I agree with all of that. My point was that it isn't true that "nothing matters because in the end we all die." I may have misinterpreted your original post on the subject

One gets used to it :)
I'm agnostic but also a contrarian and somewhat cynical by nature, so whenever someone expresses a strong opinion for or against a higher purpose I tend to play the devil's advocate.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Avirosb posted:

One gets used to it :)
I'm agnostic but also a contrarian and somewhat cynical by nature, so whenever someone expresses a strong opinion for or against a higher purpose I tend to play the devil's advocate.
Woah. drat, dude. You just blew my mind. See you third period for trig.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Avirosb posted:

I'm agnostic

Ahh, the 'swing voter' of the religious world. Low-information. Sad!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Chill dude Americans are cool as poo poo in most places

Not here though (on SA)

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Apoplexy posted:

Ahh, the 'swing voter' of the religious world. Low-information. Sad!

All I know is there is much we do not.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Avirosb posted:

All I know is there is much we do not.

This is what someone says when they know nothing and think they're talking to their equals. You're not. I'm smarter than you and know more than you. There is no god. End of discussion.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Apoplexy posted:

This is what someone says when they know nothing and think they're talking to their equals. You're not. I'm smarter than you and know more than you. There is no god. End of discussion.

I know 2016 was rough but there's no reason to be that melodramatic.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
poo poo, I cut off one of my sentences prematurely. There no god but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Apoplexy posted:

poo poo, I cut off one of my sentences prematurely. There no god but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet.

Finally a glimmer of intelligence

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
God is great, dipshits

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

God is great, dipshits

Big fan of abortions that guy

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
God is cool but the kind of Christian fundamentalism you can find in the US is pretty sick if you ask me.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

God is cool but the kind of Christian fundamentalism you can find in the US is pretty sick if you ask me.

if you don't choose to be a human being then there won't be a problem

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
American fundamentalism is just like regular fundamentalism, except less fun and more mental.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Avirosb posted:

American fundamentalism is just like regular fundamentalism, except less fun and more mental.

it can be pretty fun when it fully embrace its own insanity

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Why does Jesus have a gold version of the White Tree of Gondor on his chest.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Probably some mormon poo poo

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Apoplexy posted:

Why does Jesus have a gold version of the White Tree of Gondor on his chest.

Something about his iconic death and how he as lynched from a tree I reckon.

gamey
May 17, 2009
tump is bad

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
The golden tree of christianity must be watered with the blood of something something

gamey
May 17, 2009
he's like green diarrhea, with bits of corn & spam

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

theperminator posted:

Lol oh no don't do that, the navy won't turn the boat back at all.

I remember I was surfing like 15 years ago with my buddies, we were a good ways out from the beach catching some good swells by the sandbar near the inlet when this janky as gently caress looking dinghy FILLED with people, all young men, goes sputtering past and almost capsized, got to the beach somehow and then everyone on it takes off running. We were all very loving confused because it was pretty surreal, then no poo poo like less than 15 minutes go by and there are multiple coast Guard helicopters and more cops than I've ever seen in 1 place swarming the area, turns out it was a bunch of Haitian illegals trying to sneak in and one guy apparently got murdered on the boat on the way over :laffo: these are the kind of people trying to get in then and these are the kind of people trying to get in now, no thanks

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Trump wants to defund the coast guard, no?

Also 15 whole minutes? Jeez...

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

T.S. Smelliot posted:

I remember I was surfing like 15 years ago with my buddies, we were a good ways out from the beach catching some good swells by the sandbar near the inlet when this janky as gently caress looking dinghy FILLED with people, all young men, goes sputtering past and almost capsized, got to the beach somehow and then everyone on it takes off running. We were all very loving confused because it was pretty surreal, then no poo poo like less than 15 minutes go by and there are multiple coast Guard helicopters and more cops than I've ever seen in 1 place swarming the area, turns out it was a bunch of Haitian illegals trying to sneak in and one guy apparently got murdered on the boat on the way over :laffo: these are the kind of people trying to get in then and these are the kind of people trying to get in now, no thanks

Where

Also surfing is a very hard sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
South Florida but a northish area of South Florida so apparently the Gulfstream took them a ways up

• Locked thread