Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mile'ionaha posted:

ok, where do all these weird nicknames come from and is there a list of them somewhere?

Half Price pulls maximize your TOTAL number of 5* characters.

11-pulls maximize your chances at a SPECIFIC 5* character.

They're generally a good idea all the time, and doubleplusgood when a banner has good 3* and 4* characters.

Terror Baltimore was the ring name used for Terra Branford on VGCW. Terra was known for being an absolute beast in the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

I am further along now but the 1/2 price ones always just seemed to be a sunk investment. Maybe just starting out, sure, when you are on island 1 and cruising your way through the story and you have all this lapis about to be laying around and well ahead of you.

I have had maybe 3 pulls out of all the half priced make me feel like it was a strong investment I have only been playing since November, and finished up to current content and always get the troll units. Fran, Alma, Duane. I know everyone gets those but I just never feel you get near the ball park for what you would like. It just comes with high expectations and crushing depression.

Now I have no expectations and mild depression.

I am an unlucky person by nature (that is an E/N thread by itself), so me using my lapis in other ways feels more beneficial. I am not an 11 pulled either. I usually try to keep my lapis around 4k and dislike getting as low as 3k, for no specific reason. Most of my pulls lately have been ticket, and I am typically sitting at no less than 5. I don't "chase the dragons" every month, because it seems like every month is a must have unit.

Then I pull them off banner 2 months later (Xon and Fryevia for example)

So you don't 1/2 pull, and you don't 11 pull either. So that means you never pull? Or for some reason do the 500 pulls on banner when 1/2 pull is the same but 1/2 as much?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Most of my pulls are tickets. Once I get to 10, I pull 5 at once or over various time periods.

I currently see 250 lapis as 2.5 refreshes or slot usage.

I used to 1/2 pull often, and quit doing it about a month ago. TMR lyfe

hagie fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 22, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Those raid bots are/were amazing. Thanks for the extra currency, hope to see you during the next raid.

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

Mile'ionaha posted:

You will *eventually* pull a Zyrus.
I was actually lucky enough to pull a Zyrus early on. He's my main damage dealer right now. Doublecasting comet or stonega on fools is a lot of fun. :cool:

quote:

You probably won't pull a Reberta, though.
I have like 10 friends with Reberta, and I didn't manage to get her once :argh:. I guess I can sell those trust moogles.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Decided to do a 1/2 pull and got Sice, so that's the end of the Type-0 banner because :lol: at chasing Rem. Finally went back and did the Esper/5 man challenges for the bahamut trial since I saw Dana's unit was up and didn't feel like trying to win the fight through normal means. Bahamut had no visible health so I just went for broke and summoned Odin, which hit for 70k and killed it. Now to figure out who gets the LB pot since Olive is at 24/25 (so it'd be a huge waste) and Cecil's end is coming as soon as we get WoL, someday.

Still only in 65,557th place for Bahamut's raid, goddamn bots.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I brain farted and accidentally smooshed 3 of my Ingus together and now I only have two watch me never pull another one again :downs:

Always lock your good TM units...

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

Decided to do a 1/2 pull and got Sice, so that's the end of the Type-0 banner because :lol: at chasing Rem. Finally went back and did the Esper/5 man challenges for the bahamut trial since I saw Dana's unit was up and didn't feel like trying to win the fight through normal means. Bahamut had no visible health so I just went for broke and summoned Odin, which hit for 70k and killed it. Now to figure out who gets the LB pot since Olive is at 24/25 (so it'd be a huge waste) and Cecil's end is coming as soon as we get WoL, someday.

Still only in 65,557th place for Bahamut's raid, goddamn bots.

Always lock your good TM units...

I was almost in the top 10,000, I'm now a solid 92,684th, down almost 80,000 spots in less than 24 hours. It really has killed any motivation I had of even using up my orbs since I don't care about the pulls that much, and it's hard chasing a spot when you rely on "I hope 80,000 people ahead of me get banned or I get nothing" and have no idea where you might actually be.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I dropped from right under 30k to 105k and can't move. At least I'm getting a ton of coins.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

I saw Dana's unit was up and didn't feel like trying to win the fight through normal means.

Would Tenlade's Lightning complete this?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got another cod on half price today, i actually wasnt going to half price but i just mashed pull on the top banner assuming there was still the free pulls / i was basically still asleep.

units like cod i never know what to do with, multiples dont really seem like they would accomplish much and one is hard enough to gear let alone two or more, on the other hand her tm is absolutely trash so smooshing them together doesnt feel productive either. so i sit here with five cods. what do you guys do in these cases?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hagie posted:

Interesting morning.

Did my free pull and got my 2nd Letters and Arms. Awesome!

Now for the other 4 ticket tries...

Maria
Vaan
Shera
Kain...

gently caress this.

You had a free pull this morning? The banner isn't showing for me, am I missing something? I thought yesterday's was the last one.

Purple Parrot posted:

I checked both Fiss' and Dana's friend codes from the spreadsheet and they are both at the friend capacity. Could I bother someone to help me complete the Bahamut Trial? 477,751,407 or let me know that you have free space.

Freed up a spot and sent you a friend request.

Also I hate all of you for being all "wah I have so many Draco Spikes". I never pulled a Zyrus and have thrown away countless moogles. I can't wait for combine-a-moogle, I will store a billion 100% moogles one of these days.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 22, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
5* Characters I've gotten from a 1/2 price pull:

Lightning
Dark Fina
Ace
Randi
Marie
Trance Terra
Rem

My Orlandeu came from an 10+1 pull at the end of his banner.

Oddly, most of these 5* units were drawn in my bathroom as I was washing my hands.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

You had a free pull this morning? The banner isn't showing for me, am I missing something? I thought yesterday's was the last one.

Freed up a spot and sent you a friend request.

Also I hate all of you for being all "wah I have so many Draco Spikes". I never pulled a Zyrus and have thrown away countless moogles. I can't wait for combine-a-moogle, I will store a billion 100% moogles one of these days.

It wasn't, it was a half that I thought was free.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Spent a ticket because I really, really would like a Draco Spike. A gold! Could it be finally?

...nope, just my third Snow this week.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

hagie posted:

Would Tenlade's Lightning complete this?

Bahamut's attacks are magical and lighting's geared for dodging physical attacks so no.

It is possible to make a unit that can solo bahamut however, by giving them a ton of elemental resistances and hp so they can tank megaflare, and draining thier hp back every turn via lance. I don't know if i have the required equipment to pull that off, but im sure someone here can.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 23, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4531940/Emergency-services-rush-Manchester-Arena.html

Several killed after explosions went off at the conclusion of an Ariana Grande concert tonight in England. She had just finished and left the stage.

They don't know if it was bad pyrotechnics or terror...

Edit: I was gonna post the boss from the game as the culprit but drat that would be pretty insensitive given how bad this is turning out... :(

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 23, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Tengames posted:

Bahamut's attacks are magical and lighting's geared for dodging physical attacks so no.

It is possible to make a unit that can solo bahamut however, by giving them a ton of elemental resistances and hp so they can tank megaflare, and draining thier hp back every turn via lance. I don't know if i have the required equipment to pull that off, but im sure someone here can.

If you look back to the last page, my Lightning should be able to do it, not as well as Dana's, but it might work as good backup option? You just have to make sure to guard megaflare but otherwise it's an easy (but slow) solo win.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

theres a dude on reddit named rhm who has a reberta who can solo bahamut trial but he's probably got a unit up for the latest trial atm. i imagine he'll put his reberta back up before the bahamut trial goes away however.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Tengames posted:

Just take mine or Fiss's Noctis and don't guard the first megaflare, then lance your way to victory. Lemme know if you need a friend spot, I have 30+ day old people on my friend list I haven't booted only because they are still somewhat useful.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Palleon posted:

If you look back to the last page, my Lightning should be able to do it, not as well as Dana's, but it might work as good backup option? You just have to make sure to guard megaflare but otherwise it's an easy (but slow) solo win.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Just take mine or Fiss's Noctis and don't guard the first megaflare, then lance your way to victory. Lemme know if you need a friend spot, I have 30+ day old people on my friend list I haven't booted only because they are still somewhat useful.

wellp there you go, thats what i get for skimming posts.

Cartoon Man posted:

Edit: I was gonna post the boss from the game as the culprit but drat that would be pretty insensitive given how bad this is turning out... :(
It's worth noting Ariana herself is alive at the very least. We managed to avoid having another vision party member that's based on a dead person. We can't say the same for some of the audience however :smith:

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Tengames posted:

My Firion can solo this.

Guard for the first Megaflare, Drain blade until he's dead. Takes about 5 minutes. ID is 321,020,638 put goon stuff in your message and drop me once you're done.

CyberLord XP fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 23, 2017

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Is there ever gonna be a way to reroll esper skills? I sorta maxed out Odin and never taught it lance and lol Fiss's Noct changed how I look at that skill.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

new kind of cat posted:

Is there ever gonna be a way to reroll esper skills? I sorta maxed out Odin and never taught it lance and lol Fiss's Noct changed how I look at that skill.

It came to Japan and we have been promised it too at some point. Should be time for a quality of life update soon, they are also supposed to fix the crafting system. Everything will craft instant and you get a Lapis refund on slots purchased and any insta-crafts you paid for.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Things I am pondering with my next batch of TMs:

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK +10%Evade
Left Hand: Swordbreaker +43ATK+5%Evasion
Head: Cat-ear Hood +25MAG/SPR+20%Fire/Ice/Lightning/Light
Body: Assassin's Vest +40DEF+20SPR+10%Evasion+100%Poison/Paralyze
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Accessory 2: Twenty-Sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Ability 1: Discernment +100% All Status Resistance
Ability 2: Melody of Life +20% Elemental Resistance
Ability 3: Melody of Life +20% Elemental Resistance
Ability 4: Melody of Life +20% Elemental Resistance
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Diabolos HP:4680 MP:6170 ATK:1640 DEF:2390 MAG:5460 SPR:3250
Total Stats: HP: 4924 MP: 293 ATK: 365 DEF: 219 MAG: 265 SPR: 230 Evasion: 100%
Resists: Fire/Ice/Lightning 80%, Water/Wind/Earth 60%, Light 30%, Dark 110%, All Status 100%

This should be able to solo Dark Esper trial? I just need to dig out two more of these Garnets I have and TM them to pull this off.

Edit: I forgot about the confuse, ugh. I hope the loss of 20% all doesn't make it fatal.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 23, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Things I am pondering with my next batch of TMs:

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK +10%Evade
Left Hand: Swordbreaker +43ATK+5%Evasion
Head: Cat-ear Hood +25MAG/SPR+20%Fire/Ice/Lightning/Light
Body: Assassin's Vest +40DEF+20SPR+10%Evasion+100%Poison/Paralyze
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Accessory 2: Twenty-Sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Ability 1: Melody of Life +20% Elemental Resistance
Ability 2: Melody of Life +20% Elemental Resistance
Ability 3: Melody of Life +20% Elemental Resistance
Ability 4: Melody of Life +20% Elemental Resistance
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Diabolos HP:4680 MP:6170 ATK:1640 DEF:2390 MAG:5460 SPR:3250
Total Stats: HP: 4924 MP: 293 ATK: 365 DEF: 219 MAG: 265 SPR: 230 Evasion: 100%
Resists: Fire/Ice/Lightning 100%, Water/Wind/Earth 80%, Light 50%, Dark 130%

This should be able to solo Dark Esper trial? I just need to dig out two more of these Garnets I have and TM them to pull this off.

Edit: I forgot about the confuse, ugh. I hope the loss of 20% all doesn't make it fatal.

Switch out the Cat Ear Hood for a Grand Helm, maybe? You're only getting Fire resist from the hood, 80% Water and Fire is better than 80% Fire and 60% Water, right?

On the other hand, if Lightning gets confused and has 100% evade, will she not be able to hit herself? That if so, that might slow things down if she decides to try to attack herself, but if she is otherwise invincible...

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

CyberLord XP posted:

My Firion can solo this.

Guard for the first Megaflare, Drain blade until he's dead. Takes about 5 minutes. ID is 321,020,638 put goon stuff in your message and drop me once you're done.

Why does he not Megaflare again after 40%?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BDawg posted:

Why does he not Megaflare again after 40%?

thats a bug where if you get him to the 40% breakpoint on a certain turn number he will never megaflare for the rest of the fight. i think it's like 2/5/8/11 and so forth but i could be off, it had something to do with threes.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Even without the bug Firion can survive the subsequent Megaflares without guarding because of the buff from Waking Instinct.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

CyberLord XP posted:

My Firion can solo this.

Sent a request, hopefully I can still cheese this.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Where the gently caress did these 80,000 people come from for the Bahamut event

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

A bajillion bots. Evil Fluffy posted that similar stuff happened with Brave Frontier and Gumi banned them and unfucked the ranking before handing out rewards so hopefully they'll do the same here. In the meantime enjoy the extra coins per raid run.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Finally got my first horse thingy enemy for this event, whee. Some people say that these things pop up more often because of the higher energy cost, but I'm not seeing that.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Switch out the Cat Ear Hood for a Grand Helm, maybe? You're only getting Fire resist from the hood, 80% Water and Fire is better than 80% Fire and 60% Water, right?

On the other hand, if Lightning gets confused and has 100% evade, will she not be able to hit herself? That if so, that might slow things down if she decides to try to attack herself, but if she is otherwise invincible...

Oh, that's a very good call, because of the way things average, that just might make her totally immune to the elemental stuff, since she'd be 120% Dark (after debuff) / 80% other element

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

Finally got my first horse thingy enemy for this event, whee. Some people say that these things pop up more often because of the higher energy cost, but I'm not seeing that.

I'm seeing 3 or 4 a day approximately in ELT

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

I'm seeing 3 or 4 a day approximately in ELT

I've done it as much as my energy has allowed since it started and this was my first one. Only have 65 max energy though.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think i've seen two total but i happened to have rem friends with me both times luckily

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I had a couple the first few days and now none, which is OK since I already got what I need from the King and am just knocking out the Moogle now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it looks like Wilhelm is gonna be on a banner this friday (and it wont have tidus)

maaaaaaaybe they've been holding off on 6* WoL so Wilhelm gets to be the undisputed best tank for awhile. so maybe this means 6* WoL is coming sooner than never. or maybe not.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

it looks like Wilhelm is gonna be on a banner this friday (and it wont have tidus)

maaaaaaaybe they've been holding off on 6* WoL so Wilhelm gets to be the undisputed best tank for awhile. so maybe this means 6* WoL is coming sooner than never. or maybe not.

Wilhelm may end up undisputed best pure tank anyway, with those globex skills. I figured they might do that. I'm surprised they didn't give a little juice to the 4 star, though.

Also, she should have been magitek terra, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So now that they are making a 6* capable MagiTek armor, what do you think the odds are they'll make MagiTek Terrable a unit that's usable?

(Don't answer, I know already)

• Locked thread