Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Woof Blitzer posted:

Yeah sorry but I didn't want to leave it up

What was the backstory on that btw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Flikken posted:

What was the backstory on that btw?

Military folk parking ILLEGAL and thinning they can do it because SUPPORT ARE TROOPS so he did the dutiful and wrote them a ticket and I told him I would donate $10 to the ASPCA (which I will do after I poop because it's 8:19am and gently caress you if you're still in) if he thanked them for their service on the ticket he writes.

That's my perspective on things and no truth will change it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Recruiters at a MEPS IIRC

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
(Promotable)

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Triggered

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wanna punch that dude in the face

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

That car is gonna get poo poo thrown at it

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
At that level of pedantism there would also need to be a V/R somewhere on the placard.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
a man of my word:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

TBeats posted:

a man of my word:

Good poo poo

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

What's the donation for?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Zeris posted:

What's the donation for?

Some recruiters kept parking their vans in metered spots or in no parking zones or something and woof wrote them a parking ticket that said thank you for your service on it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Zeris posted:

What's the donation for?

Literally the second post on this page:

TBeats posted:

Military folk parking ILLEGAL and thinning they can do it because SUPPORT ARE TROOPS so he did the dutiful and wrote them a ticket and I told him I would donate $10 to the ASPCA (which I will do after I poop because it's 8:19am and gently caress you if you're still in) if he thanked them for their service on the ticket he writes.

That's my perspective on things and no truth will change it.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Just a random Army lol I remembered: the time our supply sergeant, who was Asian, wore a "Stereotypes save time" t-shirt to our EO class and got yelled at by the BDE CDR

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Retardog posted:

Just a random Army lol I remembered: the time our supply sergeant, who was Asian, wore a "Stereotypes save time" t-shirt to our EO class and got yelled at by the BDE CDR

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

every time you see military people doing something genuinely witty and funny they're national guard. makes u think...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I think I know that redhead kid. Back when I was in that division I had to explain to people why the N word shouldn't be used in casual conversation. gently caress Pennsylvania.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

That reminds me of the time I got in trouble with the squadron commander, when our obese baptist chaplain who joined the army to get out from an underwater mortgage, was chainsaw snoring in our B-hut in J-bad, keeping me awake all night every night. So I started ripping up tissues and dipping them in water and lobbing them over the plywood dividers to wake his rear end up. Fucker snitched on me.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Zeris posted:

That reminds me of the time I got in trouble with the squadron commander, when our obese baptist chaplain who joined the army to get out from an underwater mortgage, was chainsaw snoring in our B-hut in J-bad, keeping me awake all night every night. So I started ripping up tissues and dipping them in water and lobbing them over the plywood dividers to wake his rear end up. Fucker snitched on me.

Those snoring machines (cpaps?) are amazing. I actually got sent to some thing on the west coast and it was the quietest barracks I'd ever been in. It kind of freaked me out.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Love it. Love everything about it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The only cool snoring stories I have happened in Japan. I was PAO dude for a LTC and since we were in Japanese billets, everyone had to share that wasn't super top level brass (This was with I Corps). This dude outranked everyone in the room he was sleeping in only because he didn't want to sleep with whoever was gonna be his partner so he traded with a major. He said there was someone snoring so bad that he would literally walk over and wake the guy up. A few days of this happened until the MAJ got all snappy and the LTC poo poo him the gently caress down quick. He essentially told him " two options, find somewhere else to sleep or I'm going to wake your rear end up every time you wake me up. " the MAJ laughed it off but sure enough the LTC kept waking his rear end up until he left.

The other one deals with me because apparently I fart really loud and grind my teeth in my sleep so someone called me "poo poo Grind". "Sounded like a truck stop bathroom while someone ate rocks."

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Around this time of year, people get ready for a four day weekend. What a perfect time for the Battalion to be put on lockdown for missing radios.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
How the gently caress do you even manage to lose a god drat radio in the first place

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

How the gently caress do you even manage to lose a god drat radio in the first place

well first, you have to join the army.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Still better than those dudes at Fort Drum who got recalled two days after getting back from deployment to look for missing NVGs or M68s or whatever the gently caress.

They were on lockdown for like a week or two.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

Excuse me, some people are signed for literally hundreds of the loving things :negative:

Also lol, it sure was fun as a PL having a commander who would just loan poo poo out without telling you then freak out when said PL wouldn't sign a monthly hand receipt including radios loaned to national guard units.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 26, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I saw that logic get wrecked irl when someone learned what custodial custody meant after a supply Sgt got yoked up in an off-duty investigation and so another NCO just gave away all his BII to buddies.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

I saw that logic get wrecked irl when someone learned what custodial custody meant after a supply Sgt got yoked up in an off-duty investigation and so another NCO just gave away all his BII to buddies.

I've seen people go to prison for a few pistols and I've seen people get off the hook for a connex full of crew served weapons.

Stuff is weird.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I got off the hook for all my ta-50 when I got out :smug:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

Excuse me, some people are signed for literally hundreds of the loving things :negative:

Also lol, it sure was fun as a PL having a commander who would just loan poo poo out without telling you then freak out when said PL wouldn't sign a monthly hand receipt including radios loaned to national guard units.

My commander can't loan out any of my poo poo without going through me because he doesn't have access to any of it. He's also not a retarded douche bag that would try to do that anyway.

The only piece of property I've seen loaned out to other companies is an EF Johnson because somehow my BN only has 1 now and it makes running a range and talking to range control 1000x easier than relying on our fancy army radios to do so.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
This particular commander cut the lock off the radio mounts in his own HMMWV just so he could loan it out

Cue hours of waiting around after an FTX because he didn't want to admit what he'd done.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
:staredog:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
"What's that sound, First Sergeant?"

"Oh, that? That's the sound of every soldier you're in command of losing all respect for you. "

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Even though there's a lot of stupid poo poo I have to deal with from higher, I really lucked out having great company level leadership, really good NCOs in my Platoon and my soldiers never do anything dumb over the weekend while my sister Platoon has near constant soldier troubles.

It sucks im losing my PSG and I'd be pretty butt hurt if I also lost one of my squad leaders.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
You love tugging that green weeneie

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

That green weenie gonna explode over his face some day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

We're about to be plussed up to 110% strength so I'm sure I'm going to start getting some loving idiots.

Don't know about sucking the green weenie, still have no intention of staying in and PCSing to go to the career course.