Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Randomize whether doors start opened or shut :getin:

ban this sick filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

This game is fun but PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is one of the worst video game names of all time.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
if we're throwing out dumb ideas they should put bicycles in the game with a lil bell you can ring and an add on basket you have to find to let a duo partner sit in

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

busb posted:

pls game why can't i make a raft out of the picket fence palings i have meticulously mowed down in an auto rampage so i can get to the fucken south island???

whoa this is a pretty good idea actually

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Cicadalek posted:

I think part of the charm of the game right now is dying then getting into another match almost immediately, but my dream would be the ability to download Dota style replays from the server after dying of everything that happened in a given match. Or even just a map overlay that showed everyones' path through the game, Family Circus style.

Failing that, I'd love to see some player-death heatmaps. Wanna see how red the school gets.

I thought they were already doing replays and also showing you an overhead view of the map with dots for every single player and their movement throughout the game which I am very excited for

edit: damnit, did not edit

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

VikingSkull posted:

if we're throwing out dumb ideas they should put bicycles in the game with a lil bell you can ring and an add on basket you have to find to let a duo partner sit in

No gently caress you drive across my bridge and through my roadblock like a real non sissy man

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Have you ever evaded a pursuer by diving into water?
Because I have :smug:

I mean, YES, I did get made into Swiss cheese soon after at rank #64 but shut up.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

Actually, bicycles in general wouldn't be a terrible idea. You trade off faster moving that is quiet for having a tall profile and difficulty in hiding.

I wouldn't mind having non-combat objects for distractions. Like firecrakers on a long fuse. Or a flare gun. Sure you'd give away your position firing it, but maybe you light up some dude hiding in a bush.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Traxis posted:

This game is fun but PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is one of the worst video game names of all time.

it really is

they need to retcon the name into just "PUBG" or "Pubg" without it meaning anything, like how Dota 2 it's just a name and not an acronym

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
If each person in your squad is driving, and you link up a UAV, dacia, buggy, and motorbike you get to form balkans voltron.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just PUB would be fine.
Pub Fight, Pub Crawl, Pub Hiding In the Bushes.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I would just like a motorcycle variant with no sidecar so it wouldn't launch you in screwed up ways sometimes. That and a buggy variant with a third seat tied onto the front like one of those emergency plastic gurneys or something extremely stupid.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Traxis posted:

Yeah the name certainly didn't sell me on it. It was "PlayerUnknown must be some YouTube star I don't care about and he's just cashing in on his name," when I first heard about it. It took me looking at twitch one day and seeing it on the top spot to pay attention to it.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
When you die you respawn as a tree with an invisible crowbar

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.facebook.com/playbattlegrounds/videos/1840383796285536/

Motorbike with no sidecar in the upcoming patch :getin:

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

DiggityDoink posted:

Yeah the name certainly didn't sell me on it. It was "PlayerUnknown must be some YouTube star I don't care about and he's just cashing in on his name," when I first heard about it. It took me looking at twitch one day and seeing it on the top spot to pay attention to it.

This is exactly what I thought too. I wish I had taken a look sooner!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I got run over 3 times tonight :negative:

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

They desperately need an Evel Knievel outfit now.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Did a 3 man squad + 1 silent rando and got to taste that delicious chicken. Silent rando followed and shot true but barely missed making it to the final circle for a goddamn insane CQC firefight in a long garage out by the farms.
Last guy had downed me and another guy after we finished off his teammate in the garage. He jumped down the stairs and shot us with an UMP and moved to finish us off when our last surviving teammate jumped through the doorway and shot gunned him to the face.
Wish I had recorded it.
Next round I got #2 in a squad and goofed the finish in an easy win by deciding to see how useful leaning was to get a guy around a tree with a KAR98 w/8x. That is not the best time to try that feature out. If I had gone prone and snuck I could have got the drop on him.
This game owns.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Man Grimmmz is crazy. He just landed, found an m416, killed 5 people with single-tap headshots in under 3 minutes using the ironsights

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
I want an Ice Cream Van to drive.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I would like some vehicle that has a trunk or a passenger compartment that isn't visible from outside, that way you can hide inside the vehicle and wait for an unsuspecting victim driver to chauffeur you around while hilarity ensues.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I would like some vehicle that has a trunk or a passenger compartment that isn't visible from outside, that way you can hide inside the vehicle and wait for an unsuspecting victim driver to chauffeur you around while hilarity ensues.

I mean, sometimes subterfuge isn't even necessary.

https://youtu.be/pRFzk-KSGS8

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Just jump in the middle rear seat of a covered Jeep and wait patiently.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BattleRoyaleMod/status/866950705818423297

:hellyeah:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I'm gonna tank my solo rating... but super sick stunt videos are coming.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm gonna tank my solo rating... but super sick stunt videos are coming.

The dream is gonna be an upside down midair shotgun driveby kill in Duos.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Bardeh posted:

The dream is gonna be an upside down midair shotgun driveby kill by Duos by seat switching in solo

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

VietCampo posted:

Yeaaaaa, i'm not sure i want any respawning in a battle royale type game ever.

How would you stop a squad from simply just killing off 3 of themselves while the last guy waits around in a car to go pick them up with their newly acquired military grade loot. Sure it'll last 5 minutes, but that's still dumb.

It wouldn't be a guaranteed thing, like if you die you have a small chance to go into the queue to get dropped. But yeah I'm in the park that battlegrounds is basically perfect anyway it's just fun to think of other ideas.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

:bisonyes:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The guy on the back riding nuts to butts can't use guns, though...

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

VulgarandStupid posted:

The guy on the back riding nuts to butts can't use guns, though...

You can fire SMGs and pistols when you're riding behind on the sidecar bike, but not rifles or shotguns.

You can also swing a melee weapon while in a car and it will hit everyone in the vehicle, and has a high chance of getting a headshot on the other occupants.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I thought you could but only smgs? ^^

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Cicadalek posted:

I think part of the charm of the game right now is dying then getting into another match almost immediately, but my dream would be the ability to download Dota style replays from the server after dying of everything that happened in a given match. Or even just a map overlay that showed everyones' path through the game, Family Circus style.

Failing that, I'd love to see some player-death heatmaps. Wanna see how red the school gets.

bro, that school would be white hot

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I have a cool idea. Have melee work.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Carebearz posted:

bro, that school would be white hot

Is the school even that good loot or is it just because it's a fairly good deathmatch layout and fairly central on the island?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Is the school even that good loot or is it just because it's a fairly good deathmatch layout and fairly central on the island?

I left the school one match with 4 kills, a kitted scar and armor and helmet one time. It helps you get not scared of combat imho.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I'm still convinced that there's no actual difference between the different loot areas in terms of probability for getting good drops for any individual spawn zone. It's just that places like the military base or school have so many more spawning points it makes it more likely to find good loot vs. a handful of barns in the middle of a field.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They need a kill cam to show where that secret hunter is.

Finally won my first duo match yesterday - me and my buddy bunkered down in a little crevice in the hills. Then suddenly a goddamn crate drops near us and the kills rack up. The only things inside were a 5x scope and some adrenaline.

Also I wish I was recording my SICK KILL -- someone shooting at me from those mini towers and I prone immediately, turn around and load up my 4x scoped WW2 sniper rifle - bam, got him in the head, dead. Lucky shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Carebearz posted:

I left the school one match with 4 kills, a kitted scar and armor and helmet one time. It helps you get not scared of combat imho.

I've come out of the school several times with 3-4 kills and some solid gear. You just have to be ready to fight people for it, or at least be ready to run towards any fights so you can mop up the survivors while they loot.

Certainly makes for an entertaining start, even if leaving the place can be a bit of a poo poo.

• Locked thread