Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

FactsAreUseless posted:

In that case you also can't attribute violence to it.

Are you really this dumb or is it an act?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Dude helped give us the race ghetto subforum. What do you think?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is an insane response, but I also want to point out that generally there are people in charge of that, it's not like a thing where the cops call and say "hey, your kid left a real mess out here, get a spatula and get to work!"

What's the term when you lmao at something but then feel real bad for doing so?

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

does this apply to all the groups you hate, too?

Nope, republicans and Nazis literally do not experience human emotion, due to sociopathy or stupidity being a requirement. Funny how that works.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I don't think Islam is worse than any other religion. Sorry that upsets you. I realize radical Islam is a problem, but nobody really has a solution and I guarantee you they won't find one.

yeah there are stories about jesus raping a 17 year old whose parents he just killed and also i remember the bit where he married a primary school aged girl and also where he had a harem of sex slaves.

islam is not the loving same as other religions and it's ridiculous equivocation to pretend it is. sure, the old testament is arguably on a par, but as far as christians go the new covenant allows a lot of that to be turfed out, and as far as jews go the text doesn't command forceful conversion and holy war, nor the application of holy laws to gentiles. 'all religion is about people exerting power and all religions are the same' is weaselly equivocation to avoid the discomfort of having to condemn a particular group.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

revmoo posted:

It was a rhetorical point.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010

Shaocaholica posted:

Lol. Cars 3 should have a overtly Muslim truck.

Its a white land rover that only drives on two tires.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Mohammobile

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Photex posted:

did D&D ever figure out if it was a speaker or a balloon that killed all these people?

lol burst pipe was the best broke brain theory

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Jukebox Hero posted:

Nope, republicans and Nazis literally do not experience human emotion, due to sociopathy or stupidity being a requirement. Funny how that works.

so according to you they are bad and subhuman because they are sociopaths or stupid. now, since you show clear signs of both sociopathy and stupidity, what does that make you?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know who Adriane Grand is but have they excluded a camping cooker accident already? The gas bottles shouldn't be stored in hot environments or they can explode. Just sayin

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Neurosis posted:

yeah there are stories about jesus raping a 17 year old whose parents he just killed and also i remember the bit where he married a primary school aged girl and also where he had a harem of sex slaves.

islam is not the loving same as other religions and it's ridiculous equivocation to pretend it is. sure, the old testament is arguably on a par, but as far as christians go the new covenant allows a lot of that to be turfed out, and as far as jews go the text doesn't command forceful conversion and holy war, nor the application of holy laws to gentiles. 'all religion is about people exerting power and all religions are the same' is weaselly equivocation to avoid the discomfort of having to condemn a particular group.

Do you think people read a book, go nuts, and then go blow themselves up in a concert?

OR

do you think these people have been broken down by years of hardcore superwar in their country, a war that local propaganda constantly blames the west on?

Which one of these factors do you think contributes most to suicide bombers doing their thing?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I got half a mind to write these radical muslims a stern letter

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Fartbox posted:

Do you think people read a book, go nuts, and then go blow themselves up in a concert?

OR

do you think these people have been broken down by years of hardcore superwar in their country, a war that local propaganda constantly blames the west on?

Which one of these factors do you think contributes most to suicide bombers doing their thing?

probably a combination of these things, but 2nd+ generation immigrant and saudi terrorists, for example, don't come from countries of recent hardcore superwars

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Jesus was probably drowning in pussy(if he wasn't gay). Charismatic cult leaders are always a hit with the ladies

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Jesus was genderfluid, it is canon

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Now that I think about it, Jesus probably had a lot of std's. Won't find that little factoid in the liberal LAME stream Bible though

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Neurosis posted:

You sound like a discriminatory rear end in a top hat. All religion is hosed up and should be illegal, especially yours.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Fartbox posted:

OR

The book part and other enablers referring to the book part. The war part plays a big role but without the book part it's pretty hard. Look at all the other war torn peoples who don't have the book part aren't blowing up.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

probably a combination of these things, but 2nd+ generation immigrant and saudi terrorists, for example, don't come from countries of recent hardcore superwars

You really like infowars don't you

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Jesus probably diddled some underage prostitutes or groupies at some point, hth. The chances that he didn't are pretty much zero, since there was no concept of age of consent back then

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Jukebox Hero posted:

You really like infowars don't you

no, but even if i did, what does that have to do with anything?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Shaocaholica posted:

The book part and other enablers referring to the book part. The war part plays a big role but without the book part it's pretty hard. Look at all the other war torn peoples who don't have the book part aren't blowing up.

Those werent directly hosed in the rear end in a top hat by the west though?

ISIS has declared the entire west an enemy. That's what they tell people they recruit. The religion is just the tool they use to make the people who are aobut to die feel better about dying

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Neurosis posted:

On the other hand, terrorists make up a ridiculously small percentage of islamic people but christianity has the crusades and also they cover up kiddie diddling carried out by the clergy. Christianity is responsible for discrimination in the US every day and it goes into law by punishing people for abortions, being gay, or really anything that some legislator thinks is icky. Christianity is responsible for tons of violence and death and if you don't recognize that you're dumb as hell. You're making the argument that "islam preaches X and obviously muslims all agree with killing" but "christianity, eh, look man it's all muddled up and most christians don't really follow everything in the book" which makes you a huge dipshit with double standards

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Fartbox posted:

Those werent directly hosed in the rear end in a top hat by the west though?

ISIS has declared the entire west an enemy. That's what they tell people they recruit. The religion is just the tool they use to make the people who are aobut to die feel better about dying

People who are about to die? Where are the ones who are warbroke/sad brains and dying alone without terrorism.

Religion is just an untouchable tool.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Neurosis posted:

Dude like the 30 Years War killed off something like 8 million people and basically turned entire tracts of Europe into ghost towns.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

He was a Persian Zoroastrian you knob. He happened to invent algebra after the Muslim horde invaded Persia in 813 AD and presumably forced him to convert to Islam or die, like everybody else

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 23, 2017

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

signalnoise posted:

On the other hand, terrorists make up a ridiculously small percentage of islamic people but christianity has the crusades and also they cover up kiddie diddling carried out by the clergy. Christianity is responsible for discrimination in the US every day and it goes into law by punishing people for abortions, being gay, or really anything that some legislator thinks is icky. Christianity is responsible for tons of violence and death and if you don't recognize that you're dumb as hell. You're making the argument that "islam preaches X and obviously muslims all agree with killing" but "christianity, eh, look man it's all muddled up and most christians don't really follow everything in the book" which makes you a huge dipshit with double standards

bahahah this is so insanely hilariously distorted and wrong.

"problem A? well, problem B, also, so.... you're a racist."

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
islam and christianity: pretty much the same! :downs:

there are 12 islamic countries that execute homosexuals for existing, just like christianity oops i mean buhhwuhhhh??

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fartbox posted:

OR

these choices aren't exclusive and their lovely regressive religion is important. ideas have power.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
This wouldn't have happened if those girls were more moderately dressed!!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
My middle eastern religion is better than your middle eastern religion

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
why do you want to talk about the 80% of men who like red shirts?? 20% of men DON'T like red shirts, so, I mean, what's to talk about it??? stop being racist.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

revmoo posted:

He's not acting. lol

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Weird how we don't keep having mass casaulty attacks over and over perpetrated by Christian fundamentalists since it is the same as Islam.

*idiots proceed to fall over themselves offering up historical incidents to compare with events happening now*

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

signalnoise posted:

you're a troll right? THE CRUSADES? THE THINGS THAT ENDED CENTURIES AGO? AND IT'S STILL PUNISHABLE TO BE GAY IN AMERICA? and where in the bible does it say it's okay to gently caress kids?

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

My middle eastern religion is better than your middle eastern religion

naw they are all dogshit, at this moment in history one of them is doing way way way more than it's fair share of murdering and raping though

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Secular Humanist posted:

bahahah this is so insanely hilariously distorted and wrong.

"problem A? well, problem B, also, so.... you're a racist."

Nah, islam is also bad. You can go back and forth all day trying to say one religion did A but the other did B and at the end of the day you're comparing two incredibly horrible things trying to say the other is worse. gently caress em both. Saying "oh islam ISNT THE SAME" is stupid as hell because saying their bullshit isn't carried out in the same way misses the point. The point is that they're both incredibly oppressive and amount to a world of suffering for no good reason. I don't care that one is responsible for 100 millions deaths and the other one is responsible for 200 million deaths. Both options are bad and you're wrong for defending either one.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Why are we hating Islam again?

If anything we should celebrate them now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Neurosis posted:

these choices aren't exclusive and their lovely regressive religion is important. ideas have power.
What's your solution? Genuine question.

• Locked thread