Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

Islam's level of violence really isn't much different than Christians

Yeah! Remember the crusades?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Muslim nations have committed genocide on the same scale as the holocaust and still practice slavery and treat women as literal subhumans and throw gay people off buildings for the crime of existing and execute people that defect from their religion and cause terrorist attacks all across the world almost on a daily basis but it's okay because ~the crusades~

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Secular Humanist posted:

naw they are all dogshit, at this moment in history one of them is doing way way way more than it's fair share of murdering and raping though

I wonder why :confused:

I mean we've left the Middle East alone for decades and have never propped up puppet dictators nor armed opposing factions nor have we ever invaded a country merely for its oil

It's all very confusing to me tbh

Can someone tell me why these Muslims are attacking the peaceful west?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I mean we've left the Middle East alone for decades and have never propped up puppet dictators nor armed opposing factions nor have we ever invaded a country merely for its oil

They hate our freedoms

dk2m
May 6, 2009
maybe...maybe we should not be messing with the middle east anymore lol. crazy idea!!!!

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Neurosis posted:

these choices aren't exclusive and their lovely regressive religion is important. ideas have power.

There is indeed a fundamental ideological sickness within the sects of Sunni Islam that helps prop up lovely states like Saudi Arabia

But OTOH guns and western backing in the region do a nice job too

Turkey has done more to gently caress up the region and keep ISIS going than any wannabe 18-20 something muslim permavirgin in britbongland

The West is well aware of this hypocrisy and is willing to let its own people die because there are too many ways in which ISIS and the US interests converge, especially when it comes to the topic of containing Iran

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
people who bring up the crusades usually forget to mention (for some reason) the early muslim caliphates and ottoman expansion into europe, and that the mongol conquest of middle east and persia was far more devastating to the muslim world than what europeans have ever done

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

ISIS is looking an awful lot like the villain from Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

dk2m posted:

maybe...maybe we should not be messing with the middle east anymore lol. crazy idea!!!!

Heh, triggered much libtard? :smugdog:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

All of these slapfight could be over if the alt-right just changed their rhetoric from Muslims to Arabs/north Africans. We could be arguing if Arabs are inherently and exceptionally explosive right this loving moment, instead of wasting time on this religion bullshit

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
the expected statement from ISIS

a gathering of the Crusaders at an Ariana Grande concert

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Pawl posted:

Muslim nations have committed genocide on the same scale as the holocaust and still practice slavery and treat women as literal subhumans and throw gay people off buildings for the crime of existing and execute people that defect from their religion and cause terrorist attacks all across the world almost on a daily basis but it's okay because ~the crusades~

Do you think that Christianity has not carried out efforts for genocide in the past 20 years

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles

Yeah Islam has never bothered europe or america before the gulf war !!

Also muslims have never caused problems to anyone but the western nations, especially not their immediate neighbours and even other kinds of muslims !

signalnoise posted:

Do you think that Christianity has not carried out efforts for genocide in the past 20 years

The world will never forget the bloody path carved out by Pope John "Death to Islam" Paul II

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pawl posted:

Yeah Christianity has never bothered europe or america before the gulf war !!

Also christians have never caused problems to anyone but the western nations, especially not their immediate neighbours and even other kinds of christians !

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

mannerup posted:

the expected statement from ISIS

a gathering of the Crusaders at an Ariana Grande concert

poo poo looks better than a white house press statement, better language and proof reading too. Congrats

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pawl posted:

Why is it so hard for you to grasp that ALL religions are bad? You can't just pick one, like islam or communism, to bash.

Christians are suicide bombing elementary schools every week.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles

Pray for the victims of the christian terrorist attack in Manchester

spacetoaster posted:

Why is it so hard for you to grasp that ALL religions are bad? You can't just pick one, like islam or communism, to bash.

Christians are suicide bombing elementary schools every week.

The only religions you can't criticize are islam and climate change

dk2m
May 6, 2009
one of the lollest things is back during 9/11, bin laden basically appealed to the people and said "guys, if you don't want this to happen again, tell your gov to stop loving with us" and was so hilariously wrong about how simple-minded americans are that he really thought he could secure the middle east with just shock.

so even the terrorists are wrong, not only are the ivy league educated idiots running the west.

so now here we are, in a perpetual cycle of violence. every politician is #PRAYFORX and THIS WILL MAKE US STRONGER so the gov isn't backing down, and the attacks are sporadic enough that they don't force the people to demand foreign policy changes, while the bombs and fuckery continue to kill and displace hundreds of thousands of people in the mid east all backed by NATO and rubber stamped as A Good Thing.

i cant wait for the retaliatory strikes to bomb a hospital so even more people get radicalized.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's your solution? Genuine question.

What is this preschool? Not every criticism of a thing has to be validated with a solution. Unless you're just looking to undermine the solution and not the original criticism.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pawl posted:

The world will never forget the bloody path carved out by Pope John "Death to Islam" Paul II

ISIS wouldn’t have even been a thing if Bush didn’t roll into Iraq with some really loving bad ideas

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Hey there fella, do you wish to leave the wartorn hellhole that is the middle east?
Well, too bad, you are still wearing towels on your head and you pray in the corner at noon every day not to mention your skin is darker than mine, that means you are the exact same threat as the ones who blow themselves up and kill the gays.
This is totally logical and reasonable conclusion.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shaocaholica posted:

What is this preschool? Not every criticism of a thing has to be validated with a solution. Unless you're just looking to undermine the solution and not the original criticism.
I'm just curious. I have my own thoughts about combating extremism in Islam but wanted to hear from someone on the other side. It's not a counterargument or a setup for one.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bholder posted:

Hey there fella, do you wish to leave the wartorn hellhole that is the middle east?
Well, too bad, you are still wearing towels on your head and you pray in the corner at noon every day not to mention your skin is darker than mine, that means you are the exact same threat as the ones who blow themselves up and kill the gays.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
The lol-est thing is actually them writing and presenting to you a glossy, professional press release telling you they are engaging in a holy war against you, announcing their intention to murder you for your perceived beliefs, to hunt you down and kill and subjugate you, promising to unleash greater horror in the name of their faith............. and then deluded people tripping over themselves to go "that's not what they mean, you misunderstand, we must live in peace"

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
We should definitely go full war mode against every ME country that isn't Saudi Arabia and then leave the resulting power vacuum to be filled by whoever.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

*Defends christianity by saying islam is worse*
*Says that people who are condemning christianity are defending islam*

Well at least you're consistently dumb

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm sure once the ((((Muslim threat)))) is destroyed world peace will follow

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

dk2m posted:

one of the lollest things is back during 9/11, bin laden basically appealed to the people and said "guys, if you don't want this to happen again, tell your gov to stop loving with us" and was so hilariously wrong about how simple-minded americans are that he really thought he could secure the middle east with just shock.

so even the terrorists are wrong, not only are the ivy league educated idiots running the west.

so now here we are, in a perpetual cycle of violence. every politician is #PRAYFORX and THIS WILL MAKE US STRONGER so the gov isn't backing down, and the attacks are sporadic enough that they don't force the people to demand foreign policy changes, while the bombs and fuckery continue to kill and displace hundreds of thousands of people in the mid east all backed by NATO and rubber stamped as A Good Thing.

i cant wait for the retaliatory strikes to bomb a hospital so even more people get radicalized.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that our alliances in the Middle East are in particular really lovely

Set Saudi Arabia on fire and realign with Iran

They are much more receptive to reform and have a much better educated class

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

walgreenslatino posted:

The lol-est thing is actually them writing and presenting to you a glossy, professional press release telling you they are engaging in a holy war against you, announcing their intention to murder you for your perceived beliefs, to hunt you down and kill and subjugate you, promising to unleash greater horror in the name of their faith............. and then deluded people tripping over themselves to go "that's not what they mean, you misunderstand, we must live in peace"

You're right this means war.

I think I'll just strangle the nearest muslim I see... for self defense of course.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Christians do some bad poo poo, but jesus gently caress is it really hard to grasp just how bad 'traditional' islam is?

Cutting up female genitals, having slaves, encouraging mobs to stone people for wearing non-modest clothes or being gay, raping kids/having child brides, or supporting Isis either monetarily or morally are things that are widespread in the middle east.

Like you can say "maybe christian society at it's worst wasn't too far from muslim society at it's worse throughout history", but pretty much every Muslim nation is a total shitshow that has some of the above if not all of them, even the more civilized ones.

Bholder posted:

I'm okay with helping the people that want to escape the literal hellhole that is the middle east, but I want our people to make 100% sure we aren't bringing in people that think poo poo like "I wish death upon the homosexuals and will cut up all my daughter's genitals even though it's illegal here, and will spread all these beliefs as best as I can to my children."

Make anyone that immigrates from the middle east have to hug/kiss a homosexual of the same gender and shake hands with a woman wearing unmodest clothing or they do not get in.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

We should definitely go full war mode against every ME country that isn't Saudi Arabia and then leave the resulting power vacuum to be filled by whoever.

Yes the next Isis.

Isis 2

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles

Bholder posted:

What could possibly go wrong with allowing millions of adult men into your country that believe women aren't people, rape of children is justified, and gay people should be thrown off buildings

Nothing at all! Open borders now!!

dk2m
May 6, 2009

walgreenslatino posted:

lol who is saying this. i can't tell if this is anti-islam or some sort of failed strawman

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

A lot of it has to do with the fact that our alliances in the Middle East are in particular really lovely

Set Saudi Arabia on fire and realign with Iran

They are much more receptive to reform and have a much better educated class

They still hang homosexuals from construction equipment like christmas tree lights

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The only thing people care about is when they go blow themselves up amongst white folk though. That's all they need to stop doing and the west would be fine with whatever was going on in the middle east

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

lovely Wizard posted:

I'm okay with helping the people that want to escape the literal hellhole that is the middle east, but I want our people to make 100% sure we aren't bringing in people that think poo poo like "I wish death upon the homosexuals and will cut up all my daughter's genitals even though it's illegal here, and will spread all these beliefs as best as I can to my children."

Make anyone that immigrates from the middle east have to hug/kiss a homosexual of the same gender and shake hands with a woman wearing unmodest clothing or they do not get in.

Only if the already established white populace has to go through the same test.

I can tell you, most of the conservatives will fail it.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
really the best part of this slapfight is how neither side has anything even approaching a realistic solution

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's your solution? Genuine question.

as far as domestic policy goes - some obvious things like severing connections with saudi, slowing immigration to an utter trickle and barring entry by radical preachers, but i think something that's more difficult to design but equally important is to stop dissembling and equivocating about how integration is meant to occur. western countries are ruled by men, not god, and in our countries it is the law of the state that prevails.

in the uk and other european nations the problem is very difficult because of the state they've let things get to, with autonomous countries within countries, and i do not know what could be done to break down the enclaves that have formed that wouldn't be seen as aggressively interventionist.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

really the best part of this slapfight is how neither side has anything even approaching a realistic solution

Global genocide of all peoples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

There is no solution as long as there is profit to be made from resource extraction and the military industrial complex

• Locked thread