Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I wasn't sure if it was sarcasm or not. It mostly seems to work, except for everyone losing their goddamn mind at the southbound exit for 50/99/Cap city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I wasn't sure if it was sarcasm or not. It mostly seems to work, except for everyone losing their goddamn mind at the southbound exit for 50/99/Cap city.

My original post meant no sarcasm at all.

You have a triple lane interstate going through a city. Normal folks can work around semi's in the middle lane. People merging appreciate it not having to deal with a train of 53' trailers.

But CA is different. A trucker will probably get a ticket in this situation.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I had an interesting case of the zipper merge today. There was a lane that joins the road, without merging, from the right, and a closed lane on the left. People were doing the right thing in theory, but the right lane (which goes straight through for another kilometer or two) was nearly deserted. If a lane joins without a merge, I think people ought to use that lane to its full extent, and then people can move over from the closed lane that much more easily. I crossed over the solid lines into that lane, because I'll be hosed if I was waiting for another light cycle just because people couldn't be bothered to change lanes.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

ilmucche posted:

I was so distracted by the music that I got confused by the empty trailer. Then the video froze and an arrow pointed to the house! Thank goodness as I would've missed it.

More people need to edit graphics onto their dashcam videos. Get the csonkastrator going.

Holy poo poo.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

PT6A posted:

I had an interesting case of the zipper merge today. There was a lane that joins the road, without merging, from the right, and a closed lane on the left. People were doing the right thing in theory, but the right lane (which goes straight through for another kilometer or two) was nearly deserted. If a lane joins without a merge, I think people ought to use that lane to its full extent, and then people can move over from the closed lane that much more easily. I crossed over the solid lines into that lane, because I'll be hosed if I was waiting for another light cycle just because people couldn't be bothered to change lanes.

That's sort of going against a zipper merge and could be construed as dickish. The solid white indicates why - it's not to be used as a lane to cheat ahead until the merge, but people already in that lane should stay in it until the merge. What you're suggesting is closer to moving into a non-exit only lane that's packed full of people and then cutting in back right before the exit, although not nearly to that extent. It's still not really what a zipper merge is supposed to be and I'd probably be annoyed at you if I saw it, but not enough to honk or anything like that.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

shortspecialbus posted:

That's sort of going against a zipper merge and could be construed as dickish. The solid white indicates why - it's not to be used as a lane to cheat ahead until the merge, but people already in that lane should stay in it until the merge. What you're suggesting is closer to moving into a non-exit only lane that's packed full of people and then cutting in back right before the exit, although not nearly to that extent. It's still not really what a zipper merge is supposed to be and I'd probably be annoyed at you if I saw it, but not enough to honk or anything like that.

Except the people beyond the dashed line were just sitting in the left lane, not moving into the right lane to use all the available capacity of the road. If people had actually been using it, we could've got through the lights at least one cycle sooner.

There's no reason to have a zipper merge at all when both lanes of traffic can simply change lanes to the right.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m going to need a poorly drawn diagram of the situation.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIuYf5T0d5U

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

I stand by my choice of on screen graphics :colbert:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

FIBs are a cancer and spreading west.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Right, because idiot drivers don't exist anywhere else.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

xzzy posted:

Right, because idiot drivers don't exist anywhere else.

Oooh, defensive.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's not so much FIBs as a whole as the ones from Chicagoland that I've noticed have lovely driving (didn't run into the same level of dickishness from IL plates in Western WI).

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

nm posted:

I am not familiar with that term and I assume that 'FIB' somehow means 'stoned as gently caress'

nm
Jan 28, 2008

spog posted:

I am not familiar with that term and I assume that 'FIB' somehow means 'stoned as gently caress'

loving Illinois Bastard. (The car in the video has IL plates deapite being in LA)
A common term in Minnesota and Wisconsin because people from chicago and surrounds all show up and drive like cocks.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

nm posted:

Car was a rental. Guy coulda been from anywhere.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CharlieWhiskey posted:

FIBs really can't take a joke about their driving. Meanwhile massholes call themselves that.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Don't destroy the narrative.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

nm posted:

FIBs really can't take a joke about their driving. Meanwhile massholes call themselves that.

I live in Wisconsin. We drive stupidly slow and cautiously, in case a cow wanders into the road and we have to milk it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CharlieWhiskey posted:

I live in Wisconsin. We drive stupidly slow and cautiously, in case a cow wanders into the road and we have to milk it.

I thought it was to get the Illinois drivers to gun past and hit all the deer?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

dee eight posted:

Sunday, 6:10 AM. I rode straight through town at 3 mph over the limit and caught every green on the way (about 12 of 'em). Feels good, man.
There's that many stoplights in Montana?

I kid, I kid.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cut off nothing. If that guy was paying a hair of attention he would have seen that and had time to correct for it.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

PCOS Bill posted:

Cut off nothing. If that guy was paying a hair of attention he would have seen that and had time to correct for it.

Related vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjzH6PohNm4

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm the blatant clickbait preview image which immediately turns me off from watching.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

CharlieWhiskey posted:

I thought it was because alcoholism is your state's official sport.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

PT6A posted:

I thought it was because alcoholism is your state's official sport.

Bit of both, really.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

spog posted:

Seriously that guy was so high he couldn't move or process what was going on.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Just had to guide someone in parallel parking, Jesus some people shouldn't drive. "Stop stop stop!" does not mean full reverse thrust.

Then when they pull forward and get out they said the person behind them was too far forward (they weren't) and they had tons of room (because they just pulled forward). Also the scratch from the other car's front plate holder was apparently always there.

I don't know what their plan was if I didn't step out to guide them, probably push the car behind them back a spot.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I got cut off on the way home by a guy in a Nisan titan leaving a parking lot. He had one phone pressed to his ear with his shoulder. His hands were busy texting on another phone.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Warning! Reddit post incoming. I'll quote it here so you don't have to actually click the link:

quote:

I've been seeing this guy for almost 4 months. We met in a pub and hit it off. He's cute and funny and is a pretty smart guy but he is waving some red flags and I don't know what to do.
At times he acts extremely entitled and controlling. It's hard to explain so I'll do my best.
For example, he had a doctor's appointment across town and I offered to drive him. We were on the freeway and we were going to be on the freeway for a long time so I got in the far left lane. I am most comfortable driving in the leftmost lane because I don't have to deal with merging traffic.
IMMEDIATELY he tells me that I should move over to let faster traffic pass. I explained to him that I'm most comfortable in this lane and I would not move over (he already knows this about me). He continues to insist I move over.
I asked him:
Why do you feel like you can control how I drive?
He said its to let other people behind me who want to go faster. I asked:
Why do you feel entitled to let other people go faster? I'm driving the speed limit, it's not like I'm doing 10 under.
He kept insisting I let faster traffic through. We had a bit of a fight over it and I told him he needs to stop controlling me.

quote:

EDIT
Well. This was a mistake.
I guess this sub is for edgy teens and poo poo drivers.
I am a very good driver who has never been in an accident. I do not need my driving critiqued. I came here for relationship advice.
A few of you actually focused on what I was asking. Thank you for that.
The rest of you need to learn that you do NOT own the roads we drive on and you need to share

Isn't it fun to see into the minds of our fellow road users once in a while?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Deeters posted:

Warning! Reddit post incoming. I'll quote it here so you don't have to actually click the link:

:lol: Jesus Christ this can't be real.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Deeters posted:

what the gently caress

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

The sex must have been amazing, I can't imagine putting up with a left-lane hog who then bitches about it when it's pointed out.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I'm still debating on what pisses me off the most. Trucks or minivans.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
Got in a near accident today as a tesla was weaving through cars at 60+ on local.
Weaved between me and the slower car to my right then slammed the brakes immediately after as the light turned yellow. We maintained maybe 3-5 feet of distance this entire exchange.

ofc I was in a miata so they probably wouldn't have even felt it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm still debating on what pisses me off the most. Trucks or minivans.

Truckers.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9rAAW1zIxA

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

:lol: :tviv: the loving truck didn't even get back behind the trailer he was trying to pass, he just shot the gap.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Taken from my dashcam.

https://gfycat.com/BaggyCompassionateJackrabbit.webm

https://gfycat.com/QueasyWarlikeGreatdane.webm

https://gfycat.com/WigglyTepidAlbacoretuna.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless