Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Okay, so does he like electric shocks or clicking? You get to pick one to have a coherent joke. Also he doesn't look like he's enjoying himself in the final panel.

I think the author just hosed up the last panel by forgetting that the second controller wasn't meant to be there, but it stops the entire strip from making sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

There is no electric shock. Why do you think there is an electric shock? There is a click, then a weird shiver of enjoyment. This isn't a good comic but your misread on it is hilariously stubborn.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm missing an irony because I'm drunk. Oops?

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 08:55 on May 23, 2017

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The strip makes perfect sense, it is absurd that not only did you misread it so poorly but you continue to do so after being corrected.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm not sure that a looping full-body shock with no sign of pleasure is meant to be a shiver of enjoyment. I could be wrong I guess, but I'm not sure it makes this comic any less terrible, just terrible in a different way.

Edit: I'm definitely wrong, although I stand by my opinion that it's still a really bad comic.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 09:13 on May 23, 2017

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Onean posted:

Three Panel Soul's Jo comics continue to be fun.

readingatwork posted:

Screw the haters this poo poo is adorable.

no

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not into the gamercat comic but the others seem all right to me

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm not sure that a looping full-body shock with no sign of pleasure is meant to be a shiver of enjoyment. I could be wrong I guess, but I'm not sure it makes this comic any less terrible, just terrible in a different way.

Have you never heard of a shiver up your spine? Usually electric shocks are represented as happening instantly.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"innocuous activity someone finds oddly satisfying and addictive" is basically why popping bubble wrap is even a thing

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have never understood the appeal of the bubblewrap thing, or clicking poo poo, or anything remotely related. Also at work we have giant bags of packing peanuts the size of a grown man, where everyone who passes, without fail, jams their arm in all the way and tells me they want to dive into the bag, a thought that has never once crossed my mind.

I am a sad and broken man.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

JuniperCake posted:

Have you never heard of a shiver up your spine? Usually electric shocks are represented as happening instantly.

s'called frisson and yeah I got that comic, I mean it didn't make me laugh or melt my frigid coal black heart or anything but I understood what was going on.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I didn't really follow what was going on, but the whole point of gamercat is to repeatedly throw the "lol cat" switch in an interneter's brain so I don't hold it to a high standard

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does anybody know when altered frontier will come off hiatus?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Nuns with Guns posted:

I didn't really follow what was going on, but the whole point of gamercat is to repeatedly throw the "lol cat" switch in an interneter's brain so I don't hold it to a high standard

Also "VIDEOGAMES!" and "VIDEOGAMES NOT LIKE REAL LIFE!". But I'm an easy mark for all of these things so that makes it perfect for me.

Also is anyone else reading Tove? The release schedule is glacial but the art is good, the characters are fun and I think we might be about a half a chapter from the deep ones rising out of the depths to rain fire and madness down upon whatever planet this takes place on.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I have never understood the appeal of the bubblewrap thing, or clicking poo poo, or anything remotely related. Also at work we have giant bags of packing peanuts the size of a grown man, where everyone who passes, without fail, jams their arm in all the way and tells me they want to dive into the bag, a thought that has never once crossed my mind.

I am a sad and broken man.

the entire prolific genre of "ASMR" videos of chicks whispering out the weather report or some poo poo that is totally not some kind of hosed up fetish no siree

the punchline of the cat comic assumes that we can all relate to being that level of obsessive over minor sounds, it is perfectly understandable for someone without a thorough understanding of the habits and customs of broken people to fail to recognize this cultural touchstone and assume the cat is being electrocuted.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 23, 2017

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I think what really threw me was the reaction being a looped animation separated into its own panel, which implies it's an ongoing reaction (like electrocution). It's a nice animation, but I probably would've left it either as a still image or combined into the same panel.

Edit: I can dig this hole all night long if I have to. vvvvvvv

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 23, 2017

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
You know what this single strip might be a more overanalyzed cat comic than Calvin and Hobbes.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Clearly it's a sex toy joke.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
that black cat is clearly a gamergater who insults the gamergirlcat

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Coupon Kids is off to a good start.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Aaaand that's three comics I've added to my reading list in as many days thanks to this thread. Slow it down guys JEEZ!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

readingatwork posted:

Aaaand that's three comics I've added to my reading list in as many days thanks to this thread. Slow it down guys JEEZ!

good grief

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh hey what was the name of that comic about grim fuckin' stories as told by cute bunnies? The author posted a bunch in this thread

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Phy posted:

Oh hey what was the name of that comic about grim fuckin' stories as told by cute bunnies? The author posted a bunch in this thread

Bunny Meat
. I think they quit because it got a bit too fuckin' grim for this thread.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

darthbob88 posted:

Bunny Meat
. I think they quit because it got a bit too fuckin' grim for this thread.

funnily enough, the last comic there is actually kind of uplifting

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Tollymain posted:

does anybody know when altered frontier will come off hiatus?

Hi, I just plain haven't been doing much drawing lately for personal reasons. Working on it, but no definite date in mind.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

The bunny comic is still going.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Man I loving love the bunny comic. More of you guys should have your childhood traumas memorialized in bunny form.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it is the best

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
That actually looks pretty good, Ill give it a try later, thanks for sharing.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

That actually looks pretty good, Ill give it a try later, thanks for sharing.

its good

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Oh wow, who's porridge did you piss in Hogge?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gutter Owl posted:

Coupon Kids is off to a good start.

this is good poo poo

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Pavlov posted:

Man I loving love the bunny comic. More of you guys should have your childhood traumas memorialized in bunny form.

I submitted mine way back, but he hasn't done anything with it, even though it's a pretty good one (not actually traumatizing, but very much in line with what the comic covers). :argh:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Pavlov posted:

Oh wow, who's porridge did you piss in Hogge?

haha i dont know, there are so many candidates

e: lol it changed again

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Holy poo poo, Erin and Eustace are in the land of discarded characters :aaa:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I hope there's a joke about Shelley coming and going as she pleases.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

howe_sam posted:

Holy poo poo, Erin and Eustace are in the land of discarded characters :aaa:

But then, what is Esther doing there?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Assuming it is Esther, which seems too obvious at first glance and too obviously wrong when you think about it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dabir posted:

Assuming it is Esther, which seems too obvious at first glance and too obviously wrong when you think about it.
Well, who else could it be? Looking at the writing underneath:

quote:

Who would live in a house like this? I think you can guess! But how on Earth did she end up here? Find out on MONDAY!
Seems like there's only one possible explanation. I can't really think of who else would fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I saw that and I still think it's a misdirect. He's hinting at it way too hard.

• Locked thread