Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Double posting just to say I even hate the way he does whatever the gently caress he does to the butt end of his stick.

On this day, your displeasure brings me happiness, Creepy Rory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

grack posted:

I have a feeling the Canucks will end up with Niemi or Lehtonen

that would indicate a good, smart move. no way

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

the talent deficit posted:

the only time kesler was worth anything near this was 2010-2011. what a terrible contract

I hate Kesler as much as anyone but he put up 58 points this year with a Selke nomination. I thought that contract would be terrible as as soon as he signed it but he had a really good year this season

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

anybody post this yet???????????

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Verviticus posted:

that would indicate a good, smart move. no way

Hang on, wait, did you see the same lehtonen & niemi I did this past 1, wait, 2, wait 3 seasons? I mean, I get it I guess what with Miller Time and all but, really?

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Not on this page. :smuggo:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

Hang on, wait, did you see the same lehtonen & niemi I did this past 1, wait, 2, wait 3 seasons? I mean, I get it I guess what with Miller Time and all but, really?

the canucks want to be bad! and they can probably get some kind of asset in exchange for taking one of those trashmonster goalies back

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Tbh I wish Ryan Miller hadn't left the Sabres, I miss that guy even if he's past his prime.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

bizarre deformity posted:

Tbh I wish Ryan Miller hadn't left the Sabres, I miss that guy even if he's past his prime.

I came around on him in the last couple years in Vancouver even if he was horribly overpaid. I really liked him in Buffalo (I even have his jersey from the 07 season), but he was essentially a symbol of everything wrong with the team from the moment he was signed. Ownership trying to squeeze one last drop of milk from the festering festering cow carcass that was the Sedins era team.

However, he acquitted himself well and was probably team MVP these last two seasons. He needs to go because of where the Canucks are as a team, but he's god another few solid seasons left in him. I think Vegas could be a good fit for him (if he doesn't mind not winning a cup). He'll most likely be a 60 game starter there and it's a lot closer to his wife in LA. He'd probably accept a backup role on a cup contender, but I think he's good enough to start somewhere and will settle for that.

Stick with Enroth.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
it's pretty good, but it's not corey perry

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

whatis posted:

it's pretty good, but it's not corey perry

It's Kesler though.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
kesler's cool

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Teemu Pokemon posted:

It looks familiar but I'm not sure if they're the same thing or not? :iiam:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Where's OMGWTFBBQ and his thread-wide html wizardry when you need him? Sad Perry is my favourite kind of Perry and this is a wonderful day.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
There comes a time for every kid when you realize that the good guys don't always win and this means I have to watch another week's worth of fat southerners and horrible music polluting my ice hockey.

Worse, it means I now probably have to choose between confederate hockey and "franchise that is only financially viable if the team has multiple hall of famers on it", commonly referred to as the penguins.

gently caress YALL

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Better than a franchise that had multiple hall of famers and still wasn't viable, I suppose.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
It is truly a shame that St. Louis, the epicenter of racial progress, will not be competing for a Starnley Cap.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

now that we're getting this whole stanley cup thing out of the way, we can get to the real championship of the SAS season - the fantasy hockey draft!!! here is the 2016 version so people can get an idea of what it's like. unless there's someone else who'd like to take charge, I'll put up a thread near the end of the finals. who's gonna be coming back for 2017?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Nashville rules and St. Louis can kiss my rear end

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

The more I read about Nashville hockey fans the more I like them and the worse I feel about subjecting them to two games of 1-3-1 hockey and their first cup win coming on a road game.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

now that we're getting this whole stanley cup thing out of the way, we can get to the real championship of the SAS season - the fantasy hockey draft!!! here is the 2016 version so people can get an idea of what it's like. unless there's someone else who'd like to take charge, I'll put up a thread near the end of the finals. who's gonna be coming back for 2017?

I'm in as the Jackets again, because why the hell not?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

flakeloaf posted:

The more I read about Nashville hockey fans the more I like them and the worse I feel about subjecting them to two games of 1-3-1 hockey and their first cup win coming on a road game.

Aren't the Sens the higher seed?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Stretch Marx posted:

Aren't the Sens the higher seed?

Yes.
If the Preds win they will be winning from the 8th seed in the West, and as the lowest seed overall.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I'm a realist but I'm still a bit of a homer; no way I'd predict a sweep. Sens would take game 2.

Schlesische posted:

Yes.
If the Preds win they will be winning from the 8th seed in the West, and as the lowest seed overall.

something something Kings

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Pretty sure it's going to be Pens Vs Predators​, not sure how well they match up with all of Pittsburgh's injuries.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Predators looked pretty inept offensively without Johansen, despite finishing what few chances they have. I like Aberg a lot and they'll need to utilize guys like him to pressure Pittsburgh's Letangless D but they're gonna have a tough time with Pittsburgh coming through the neutral zone if last night was any indication. I'd go with Pens in 6 probably.

If the series happens anyway, I mean these playoffs are weird teams seem to be able to bounce back from anything, but man Ottawa looked left for dead (but then again so did Pittsburgh vs Washington in game 6, that was the worst performance by any team all playoffs).

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Aye Doc posted:

Dibs on Nashville

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aye Doc posted:

I'm back. A good way to burn a summer.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Aye Doc posted:

I want Vegas this year and can we also agree to make Kovalchuk draftable

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

T-Bone posted:

I want Vegas this year and can we also agree to make Kovalchuk draftable

I want to do a vegas draft thing but the protection list only comes out a day or two before he draft.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jordan7hm posted:

I want to do a vegas draft thing but the protection list only comes out a day or two before he draft.

Like we do our draft, then protect people, then have someone draft Vegas?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

T-Bone posted:

Like we do our draft, then protect people, then have someone draft Vegas?

Nah I mean a protection thing where we try to guess who vegas picks in real life.

Though I also like this idea.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Jordan7hm posted:

Nah I mean a protection thing where we try to guess who vegas picks in real life.

Though I also like this idea.

Perhaps we could have people submit protection lists and get a small committee to draft from those? To maybe add some excitement for the non-Vegas people, we could have a small window for trades as well.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 23, 2017

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Aye Doc posted:

I will never miss an opportunity to draft a terrible defense for the Montreal Canadiens

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Infidel Castro posted:

Dibs on Nashville

back the gently caress up

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I wasn't in on this last year, but I'll jump in and draft for someone. I'd prefer the Caps, but I'll take scraps if the incumbent feels strongly.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
I remember a game probably 4 -5 years ago, maybe more. It was a road game for Pittsburgh against Nashville. Close game, and the Pens ended up losing. The tenor of that mother fucker was that of a playoff game in the middle of the regular season. I remember quite vividly the PBP guys talking about how great a Preds v. Pens playoff series would be but how unlikely it would be to come to pass because it would have to be a SCF game and WELP.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Just because it says "loser city" in the thread title, doesn't mean you nerds can come in here and discuss your nerd draft game

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dylan strome has like the worst hair in the world and he put up 7 points in the ohl playoffs to set a record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

hifi posted:

dylan strome has like the worst hair in the world and he put up 7 points in the ohl playoffs to set a record.

At least he has some

Lol, loser rear end ducks and their shiny headed captain (fuckman)

• Locked thread