Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Attestant posted:

Is it somehow worse than buying a codex for every army instead?

I was expecting them to be more expensive than they are. If they're £15 then it's a net win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Zaphod42 posted:

I like these helmets (Kinda looks like they're shouting :black101: ), but I don't like the hoods on the armor. They're not librarians!

Yeah most everything else in that set looks great or at least interesting (I really love that the DG are wearing Mk III) but I'm really not digging these gun shields. Or packs. Or hoods. Or landing skids.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I'm tempted by that box set but I don't want the Nugle boys and ebay will probably be flooded with them :v

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

adamantium|wang posted:

Yeah most everything else in that set looks great or at least interesting (I really love that the DG are wearing Mk III) but I'm really not digging these gun shields. Or packs. Or hoods. Or landing skids.

I can accept most of it but those mouth grills look sooooooo dumb.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

adamantium|wang posted:

Dark Angel or Black Templar colors on those gun shields will look better. Hang a purity seal or stick a skull on 'em and they'll look a lot better.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
I think it is fair to assume that basic rules for units (ie: datasheets) will be free online similar to AOS Warscrolls, so these Index books are just for people that want hard copies, similar to the Grand Alliance books that were released (a year too late)

This is the only new model that I don't like so far

Pawl fucked around with this message at 12:33 on May 23, 2017

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I'm guessing the price will be about $160 for the box, the objective markers are nice however given the new command point system I'd have liked to see a set of those markers in there as well.

Numarines are definitely tempting- I never considered having a SM force however I'm going to pre-order and am tempted to start a small force of Thousand Sons Blood Ravens.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pawl posted:

I think it is fair to assume that basic rules for units (ie: datasheets) will be free online similar to AOS Warscrolls, so these Index books are just for people that want hard copies, similar to the Grand Alliance books that were released (a year too late)

This is the only new model that I don't like so far

Why the hell does the barrel on that bolter stick out past the knuckles of the powerfist it's mounted on?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Ayn Marx posted:

I'm tempted by that box set but I don't want the Nugle boys and ebay will probably be flooded with them :v

I can use or convert everything in that box to Chaos so it's loving perfect and I want to be flooded in Nurgle models

The primaris marines can probably be converted to squad leaders or Chosen or whatever

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Crossposting from Death Thread

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

"Primaris Ancient"

YOU'RE BRAND NEW MOTHER FUCKER

Also lammo at the balloon marines

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

ijyt posted:

"Primaris Ancient"

YOU'RE BRAND NEW MOTHER FUCKER
X-post from death thread - I was confused by this but apparently it can refer to a standard bearer http://www.shakespearegeek.com/2011...lo-ancient.html

Can't say I'm a fan of the staypuff marshmallow captain.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Could also just be a converted marine rather than a tank bred, what with all the service studs around.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I figured he was one of the early heresy-era clones.

Also the Mk4 helmets really help sell how long Cawl has been chugging away on this project.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

That board is gorgeous :stare: but I bet playing on it would be a nightmare. I've never seen so many in tact buildings before.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Cities of Death is back?

gently caress yeah, I knew I built a poo poo ton of buildings for a reason.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Those Primaris jetpack dudes and the captain are terrible, holy poo poo.

The nurgle cultists are super rad and the death guard are decent but overdetailed. Overall i feel like GW is getting more hit and miss with every release, it's weird.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

That board is gorgeous :stare: but I bet playing on it would be a nightmare. I've never seen so many in tact buildings before.

Oh god, I can already feel the holes in my forearm from all the spikes on top of the buildings.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
The new plaguemarines look loving awesome. They're painted a little too colorful for my tastes, but that's an easy fix

The new bigmarines are cool except for the jump bros, who look loving dumb

e: Oh hey, rules excerpt

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 23, 2017

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Interesting that theres nothing stopping you from using a fallback move to advance up the table if you've been flanked.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

It'll be impossible to tell until we get rules/stats/point values, but I wonder if as usual in the box set. The relative power of the factions is heavily weighted in favour of the Marines. As I recall both Dark Vengance and Black Reach gave the Marine faction far more points worth of units.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I like the dumb Bumblebee Marines, but getting helmets into those hoods is gonna be a nightmare.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Deptfordx posted:

It'll be impossible to tell until we get rules/stats/point values, but I wonder if as usual in the box set. The relative power of the factions is heavily weighted in favour of the Marines. As I recall both Dark Vengance and Black Reach gave the Marine faction far more points worth of units.

I dunno I'd say it's pretty even. You definitely get more models/flexibility with the Death Guard.

With two lascannon shots off the Plague Drone that's some solid long-range anti-Primaris fire. I'm sure it'll be even-ish at least, especially since there's a Nurgle sorceror and no countering librarian on the Imperial side.

Edit: Apparently Tinypic doesn't work now, cool. That's like the only imagehost not firewalled here so I guess I can't post the full box content from the site.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I like everything except this new "gravis" armour on the captain. The balloon bigmars are growing on me

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Deptfordx posted:

Literally every starter set has been weighted like 2:1 in favor of marines, going all the way back to 2nd edition

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
There's some better pics of the Bumblemarines on War of Sigmar, seeing them from the back has warmed them to me, they've got that exo-suit thing going on,
Iike a lightweight Centurian.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I absolutely love those Nurgle mans, they are so giddy!

And Gangs of Camurgurrah is back in stock!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Great stuff: plaguebearers, blight drone, dude with axe

Good stuff: gravis armor, regular bigmars, regular death guard

Bad Stuff: dude with huge bell, balloon fight marines

Awful stuff: nurgle sorcerer

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Good morning everyone.

I hope everybody's having a nice day so far.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

panascope posted:

My kitbashed sorcerer from forever ago looks better than the new one, and I didn't do a great job to begin with.

Oh god this kit will finally make me do it. I'm going to give GW money. Goddamnit.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Geoff Zahn posted:

My kitbashed sorcerer from forever ago looks better than the new one, and I didn't do a great job to begin with.

Oh god this kit will finally make me do it. I'm going to give GW money. Goddamnit.

This is Fully Sick.

Thread challenge: paint him.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I definitely will, I'm just starting to rediscover my 'hams stuff after moving and still need to take inventory of what paints I still have, and what I used to use for my color scheme (its been years since I've looked at this stuff). Once I get back into the swing of things I'll start with him. Want to greenstuff some nurgley things on and such too.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

++++++

For seven millennia the blessed atomantic forges of Cyprar XI have ceaselessly churned out the most sacred vestment of an Adeptus Astartes Librarian's panoply, the hallowed Mark XXXVII Noctifuge Pattern Pyschic Hood chassis. Though another forge world is granted the privilege of fabricating the myriad components that fill the adamantium shell of the Mark XXXVII Noctifuge Pattern Pyschic Hood chassis, none may deny that the Omnissiah would not tolerate their function anywhere but nestled within the Noctifuge Pattern's ceramite lattice.

The techno-savants of Cyprar XI are faithful. Despite nearly six millennia of silence from the greater Imperium, the furnaces never cooled and the great tangled artifice of the Omnissiah never ceased its mechanical hum. The light of the Emperor finally smiled upon the world once again with the arrival of an odd assortment of agents of the Mechanicus. It was quickly ascertained that the piousness of the world need not be further investigated and the retroactive tithes were quickly and unquestioningly acquired.

Upon bearing witness to the continent-sized warehouse of Mark XXXVII Noctifuge Pattern Pyschic Hood chassis and sparing a brief glance at a doodle of a jump-pack wrought upon a piece of ancient parchment, Belisarius Cawl spoke out in binaric "....I have an idea"

++++++

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Huge change with regards to the Fly rule mentioned on the linked image. Minimum move not being possible or it taking you off the board edge meaning the model is destroyed/abandons the battle.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
The Primaris Lieutenant is interesting. I'm wondering if they will be a low cost HQ unit similar to the Centurion in 30k.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

panascope posted:

Great stuff: plaguebearers, blight drone, dude with axe

Good stuff: gravis armor, regular bigmars, regular death guard

Bad Stuff: dude with huge bell, balloon fight marines

I like the bell guy, his helmet and overall look work.

The Nurgle Sorcerer sucks, though, and makes me hope that his head can be swapped out. Also makes me glad I bought one of these guys:
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NZ/Nurgle-Chaos-Space-Marine-Sorcerer

Other than bell guy though, your assessment is spot-on

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Fuegan posted:

Huge change with regards to the Fly rule mentioned on the linked image. Minimum move not being possible or it taking you off the board edge meaning the model is destroyed/abandons the battle.
There's no pivot / facing rules now too, so barring some crazy special rules (or a board literally covered in gaunts) being forced off the board shouldn't be a huge issue.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Potential BFF posted:

++++++

For seven millennia the blessed atomantic forges of Cyprar XI have ceaselessly churned out the most sacred vestment of an Adeptus Astartes Librarian's panoply, the hallowed Mark XXXVII Noctifuge Pattern Pyschic Hood chassis. Though another forge world is granted the privilege of fabricating the myriad components that fill the adamantium shell of the Mark XXXVII Noctifuge Pattern Pyschic Hood chassis, none may deny that the Omnissiah would not tolerate their function anywhere but nestled within the Noctifuge Pattern's ceramite lattice.

The techno-savants of Cyprar XI are faithful. Despite nearly six millennia of silence from the greater Imperium, the furnaces never cooled and the great tangled artifice of the Omnissiah never ceased its mechanical hum. The light of the Emperor finally smiled upon the world once again with the arrival of an odd assortment of agents of the Mechanicus. It was quickly ascertained that the piousness of the world need not be further investigated and the retroactive tithes were quickly and unquestioningly acquired.

Upon bearing witness to the continent-sized warehouse of Mark XXXVII Noctifuge Pattern Pyschic Hood chassis and sparing a brief glance at a doodle of a jump-pack wrought upon a piece of ancient parchment, Belisarius Cawl spoke out in binaric "....I have an idea"

++++++

I, for one, appreciate the effort on this. Kudos. :golfclap:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm guessing $150 for the box and $50 for the rulebook, given rumor and GW's very special exchange rate pricing. I wouldn't be surprised at $175, though that puts it out of my "well maybe" price range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Now that these models have been previewed and the NDA is lifted I can confirm that my likeness was used in one of these models. Anyway here I am:

• Locked thread