Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think there is some merit to the idea. Fox and me have similar weight and I have problems shooting from NBA 3 and I don't lift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kibner posted:

I think it is less that and more that strength will no longer be a reason his shot doesn't fall. Unless you were being sarcastic?

I was not being sarcastic.

If Fox becomes a good shooter in his NBA career it will usher in an age of like track stars getting drafted and poo poo because anyone can be taught a shot at that point.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dunc'd on has completely soured me on Jackson at three. They were pretty down on his ceiling to be a star.

Thinking Sixers go smith or monk at 3. Leaning to smith. If they keep it. Seems like a trade down is likely.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
That is the most trash list

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
yeah wheres eminem on the list

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lol DMX.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Starting to get a little hopeful that Issac might slide. Magic need a scorer, Mavericks already have a SF/PF hybrid in Barnes and a hole at PG, Kings have Marquese Chriss. The Knicks are a question mark, he'd be an interesting fit next to Kristaps but they could really go any direction.

Minnesota's his best fit, right?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

morestuff posted:

Kings have Marquese Chriss.

They do not

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

morestuff posted:

Starting to get a little hopeful that Issac might slide. Magic need a scorer, Mavericks already have a SF/PF hybrid in Barnes and a hole at PG, Kings have Marquese Chriss. The Knicks are a question mark, he'd be an interesting fit next to Kristaps but they could really go any direction.

Minnesota's his best fit, right?

If he can develop into a stretch 4 yes probably. Though I'd say it's more that he's one of the best fits for Minnesota rather than us being the best fit for him.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Minnesota needs shooting badly, but Isaac would be a good fit and seems like a Thibs player. I think it will depend on how things shake out.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Metapod posted:

They do not

Duh, confused my project big men. Meant Skal Labissiere, who's obviously a little more replaceable.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2709122-deaaron-fox-nba-combine-2017-measurements-analysis-and-draft-projection

Shouldn't be too hard for Fox to put on muscle when he has 4.5% body fat, only Adebayo has less from those measured at the combine.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

morestuff posted:

Duh, confused my project big men. Meant Skal Labissiere, who's obviously a little more replaceable.

Skal was striaght up better than Chris last year.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

Skal was striaght up better than Chris last year.

It's still an easier sell to double up on a 28th pick vs. a top-10 guy, though

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think the Kings play safe with a PG at #5 since there won't be one at #10. At #10 they'll either have to quadruple up on bigs with Collins/Lauri or gamble on Og. I wouldn't mind drafting Issac but doing it at #5 would put you in a dangerous spot at #10.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

I think the Kings play safe with a PG at #5 since there won't be one at #10. At #10 they'll either have to quadruple up on bigs with Collins/Lauri or gamble on Og. I wouldn't mind drafting Issac but doing it at #5 would put you in a dangerous spot at #10.

Im starting to legit think that Ball could be there at 5. I'd be mentally prepared for him or Fox.

Ball in Sacramento would probably make Lavar explode so I'd be into it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Im starting to legit think that Ball could be there at 5. I'd be mentally prepared for him or Fox.

Ball in Sacramento would probably make Lavar explode so I'd be into it.

Wouldn't Sac be a terrible spot for Ball because of his difficulty shooting? Sactown isn't exactly rife with great passers who can give him open looks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If the kings are smart (lol I know) they draft Dennis Smith at 5

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wouldn't Sac be a terrible spot for Ball because of his difficulty shooting? Sactown isn't exactly rife with great passers who can give him open looks.

Them taking Ball would have exactly 0% to do with any potential fit and everything to do with Vivec.

1, 2, 3... Ball rocks!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

If the kings are smart (lol I know) they draft Dennis Smith at 5

I hope he doesn't drop to 5. But yeah that would be perfect for sac.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think Frank will be avail at 10. Probably. Do you risk it though?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

ButtWolf posted:

I think Frank will be avail at 10. Probably. Do you risk it though?

Most of the latest mock drafts have Frank locked in at 8 or 9 and Lauri slipping, though DX has him at 11.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

I was not being sarcastic.

If Fox becomes a good shooter in his NBA career it will usher in an age of like track stars getting drafted and poo poo because anyone can be taught a shot at that point.

Johny Flynn :911:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

morestuff posted:

Most of the latest mock drafts have Frank locked in at 8 or 9 and Lauri slipping, though DX has him at 11.

Is ball still going 2 in most?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I been talking myself into Fox, but his shot is brutal

It's so bad

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

euphronius posted:

Is ball still going 2 in most?

Yeah. ESPN, DX, SI, CBS, SBNation, The Ringer. I think most people have a hard time imagining Magic passing on him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

morestuff posted:

Yeah. ESPN, DX, SI, CBS, SBNation, The Ringer. I think most people have a hard time imagining Magic passing on him.

I guess then that won't change till the individual workout and whatever news leaks from that

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
with the 8th pick of the NBA draft the new york knicks select lebron james wow what a great choice the franchise is saved hooray

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
An amazing draft for the Knicks. Congrats, Knicks fans, he will carry your brand into the future.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Pick cancelled as Lebron James never took geometry and doesn't know what a triangle is. Sorry boys.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

What the gently caress is this bullshit?

Is this Lavar on Lonzo's twitter???

No Biggie? No Dre? No Snoop? No Cube? Get the gently caress outta here with that poo poo.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Why would you ever put Dr Dre on your best rapper list

Andre 3k maybe

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Why would you ever put Dr Dre on your best rapper list

Cuz I like Dre. I'd definitely put him over loving DMX.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

Cuz I like Dre. I'd definitely put him over loving DMX.

DMX actually wrote all of the dog yelps though. I can get behind it.

Addendum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXca4WcCzlo

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 23, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

My favorite fever dream is the Kings falling head over heels in love with Josh Jackson and trading 5 and 10 for 3

For a guy they could have to begin with if not for a completely ridiculous pick swap

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DMX on that rubber band slingshot thing cursing up a storm is definitely my jam

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The best DMX thing was him reacting incredulously to Barack Obama's name.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

My favorite fever dream is the Kings falling head over heels in love with Josh Jackson and trading 5 and 10 for 3

For a guy they could have to begin with if not for a completely ridiculous pick swap

I was thinking about that Driving home . I'd take monk at 5 and bpa at 10. Laurie or Ntilikina would work.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I bet the Kings could get Rubio for the #10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

At #5 the Kings are guaranteed to pick between at least 2 guys that can both fill a need and also be considered one of the BPA. Trading up at the cost of anything significant not only does not make sense but doesn't fit with Vlade's recent (flawed) draft moves. I'm more worried about him doing something like trying to make Mitchell a PG or taking Jonah Bolden at #10.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 24, 2017

• Locked thread