Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Android Blues posted:

It would be way cooler if Aquaman talked to fish. I don't get why that's a running gag where characters make fun of him for stuff, having a bunch of magical realism ocean friends is a cool superpower.

Outside of the ocean he has super strength which is like the bare minimum baseline requirement for the Justice League (Batman gets a pass without it because he has sick blackmail info on all of them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Batman created the Justice League and since it's not publicly held nobody can vote him out.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

It would be way cooler if Aquaman talked to fish. I don't get why that's a running gag where characters make fun of him for stuff, having a bunch of magical realism ocean friends is a cool superpower.

It is and he does-telepathy means he can 'ask' as well as 'tell' and he prefers to ask. But then you look at who he's being compared to in the Justice League. DC have been legit pissed ever since the mockery started. And people have gone over why he's legit strong and tough and dangerous and why it's a cool power also.

For years and years.

The jokes haven't stopped.

So those at DC have never stopped being pissed right off.

Probably some fans too. Or they just sigh.

The jokes will seemingly never stop.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 23, 2017

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Superfriends is to blame, but then again Superfriends made Darkseid look lame so really its a wonder the reputation stuck with Fishman.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's also weird because you don't get the same amount of jokes about Namor over at Marvel. And the literal only difference between them is the fish talking thing. And Namor compensates for that by being able to fly because he has itty bitty wings on his feet.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Aquaman doesn't hype himself up as much as 'Imperius Rex' Namor. Like 'Imperius Rex' is the meme of Namor. It's all he ever goes on about. He's this constant smug rear end in a top hat who goes on and on about how great he is.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Remember in the 90s when he was cool for 5 minutes and had the hook hand?

I remember the latter but not the former

Even the JLU version struggled to make him cool and JLU made everyone better

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

Superfriends is to blame, but then again Superfriends made Darkseid look lame so really its a wonder the reputation stuck with Fishman.

Darkseid is incredibly lame.

He named himself Darkseid, and he's a math nerd.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
But yeah the brave and the bold Aquaman and the 90's cartoon network bumpers Aquaman are the definitive version of the character

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
It also doesn't help that Aquaman's orange mesh and green pants design looked real stupid.

At least Darkseid looks badass even if a cartoon is ruining him

Gaz-L posted:

It's also weird because you don't get the same amount of jokes about Namor over at Marvel. And the literal only difference between them is the fish talking thing. And Namor compensates for that by being able to fly because he has itty bitty wings on his feet.

They also don't constantly try to cram Namor down readers' throats like Aquaman which is a big difference.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Spuckuk posted:

Whats your basic combo route for Harley?

For me, I try to do her air launch combo (forget the name, the one that ends with a double hip-fire), jumpkick into that 2 hit combo that has her bending over backward (should really learn the combo names), then dropping to a tantrum and putting them back in the air.

If it all hits, their boned. If not, they're still on heavy defense now cause you just threw a bunch of poo poo at them.

The guild multiverses are really good for being so hard they FORCE you to get good at a character. I just walked through the battle simulator with Harleen and barely got touched.

Also, we still have 10 spots in the PS4 Goon Patrol. The rando issue seems to be corrected, or at least someone kicked a bunch of people the hell out. Maybe add it to the OP as well?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Seanbaby's super friends page should be required reading to be on the Internet

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also don't constantly try to cram Namor down readers' throats like Aquaman which is a big difference.

That's only because they made him a mutant and don't have movie rights to him.

Namor is Marvel's first superhero. They'd be pushing the hell out of him if they had movie rights.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

WarEternal posted:

You take 100% damage on block when trait is up now.

Yeah, but you get to interrupt them mid combo and punish for free which is insanely good.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Aphrodite posted:

That's only because they made him a mutant and don't have movie rights to him.

Namor is Marvel's first superhero. They'd be pushing the hell out of him if they had movie rights.

Nah even in the past before comic movies were a thing, he's show up and sometimes be on an Avengers squad but he wasn't in places he didn't belong, and he was generally in squads where super strength actually filled a niche the team needed.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

I am so happy. That was literally my only wish from this game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gently caress we really need a premiere skin of Braniac in just a red polo and speedo

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
We need sub zero in a red polo and speedo

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

RE: what boxes to buy, apparently you can go infinite if you have enough level 20 characters. Sell value increases with level requirement and a guy posted about opening thousands of bronze boxes and having more credits than he started with. Not sure what all he was selling though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

RE: what boxes to buy, apparently you can go infinite if you have enough level 20 characters. Sell value increases with level requirement and a guy posted about opening thousands of bronze boxes and having more credits than he started with. Not sure what all he was selling though.

I saw that post. 1 blue item is nearly even, 2 is a profit.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

big cummers ONLY posted:

This sounds like a nightmarish existence

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jimmy Hats posted:

Aquaman has always been cool y'all just don't get him

seriously lol @ aquaman hate in 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
lol coolest man alive Jason Momoa will be playing him in the movie and it's still like "ehhhhh might not be too embarrassing?"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

This sounds like a nightmarish existence

My heart bleeds for the X button on his controller.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Its a DC movie so i wouldn't be so hyped about it saving the characters reputation

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I think I need a nap - I have been playing ranked since 5:30ish am. The cat's on a diet and always wakes me up by walking all ontop of me because he wants food haha! = Maybe I should start playing Atrocitus so I can use Dex-Star since the cats that aren't mine seem to be obsessed with me.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 23, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I think I need a nap - I have been playing ranked since 5:30ish am. The cat's on a diet and always wakes me up by walking all ontop of me because he wants food haha! = Maybe I should start playing Atrocitus so I can use Dex-Star since the cats that aren't mine seem to be obsessed with me.

Source ur quotes

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

^^^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4silXaFtQ74

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aquaman starring Vincent Chase was the highest grossing movie of all time.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Aquaman, Aquaman
Does whatever an Aqua can?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Spuckuk posted:

Whats your basic combo route for Harley?

harley gets meterless b3 in combos which only batman and black adam can still do as far as I know, generally everyone gotta spend bar for damage now.

so any starter like 11, or b22 or whatever, tantrum stance, 1, b3, step forward, jump3, step forward, 11, and then you can either end in her command throw, throw out trait that they have to wake up into, or some other gimmicks.

That combo can be a bit difficult but you can substitute jump 3 for jump 2 to make it much easier.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Christ, I really want to help with these Guild Multiverses, but I get to the end and theres a loving "no combos" against the Flash. Who can use combos. I just can't.

gently caress you.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Evil Canadian posted:

harley gets meterless b3 in combos which only batman and black adam can still do as far as I know, generally everyone gotta spend bar for damage now.

so any starter like 11, or b22 or whatever, tantrum stance, 1, b3, step forward, jump3, step forward, 11, and then you can either end in her command throw, throw out trait that they have to wake up into, or some other gimmicks.

That combo can be a bit difficult but you can substitute jump 3 for jump 2 to make it much easier.

Catwoman can do meterless with a f2,d3,db1. The problem is landing that first f2

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Evil Canadian posted:

Good poo poo, thanks

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Blue Beetle can in clawmode from f2,3 as well, but yeah it's uncommon

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well, apparently my connection was briefly interrupted when reporting that I finished the Guild event. It gave me the completion and performance awards.....and then proceeded to not actually count me as having completed the Guild Multiverse event.

I put up with well over an hour of bullshit homing missiles and no combos and buzz saw floors for no credit.

:shepicide:

Okay, maybe Guild Multiverse isn't for me after all.

Cinnamon Bear fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 23, 2017

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Christ, I really want to help with these Guild Multiverses, but I get to the end and theres a loving "no combos" against the Flash. Who can use combos. I just can't.

gently caress you.
I quit out of a mission because of that poo poo. Not even a little bit fun.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Not being able to contribute because bullshit multiverse rules feels bad, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I've done most of the guild multiverse missions multiple times and never encountered any of the bullshit you guys are mentioning. Which probably means that when I do encounter it, it'll be an unending onslaught of bullshit.

• Locked thread