Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
"You can't fire me! I quit!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sassassin posted:

Wonder what the bookies think.

Seems like an awful lot of money was put up on Terry going off at exactly that point, which is in no way suspicious

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39999708

Reminder for context when reading the above story where the FA clearly don't care, that a big fat man was forced to quit his job essentially volunteering with a non-league club for the love of the game because he ate a pie, as a joke

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That article doesn't suggest anything about a big money bet and seems like people had a go based on terry's massive ego

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Jose posted:

That article doesn't suggest anything about a big money bet and seems like people had a go based on terry's massive ego

And yet, Wayne Shaw is still under investigation for eating a pie.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Wenger in

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Completely different situations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Moyes has quit

ellis short finally got the manager he wanted, he was loving poo poo and then resigned instead of trying to get them back up lol

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Jose posted:

ellis short finally got the manager he wanted, he was loving poo poo and then resigned instead of trying to get them back up lol

At least Short managed to shame Moyes into leaving without a payoff.

quote:

Short told Sunderland’s website: “I pursued the services of David Moyes for a considerable period prior to his appointment last summer, which makes the announcement of his departure difficult for everyone concerned. Having worked tirelessly throughout the campaign to avoid relegation from the Premier League, David has chosen to leave the club without compensation, which is testament to his character."

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bape Culture posted:

Moyes has quit

My word that man's career has gone downhill.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Three jobs since leaving Everton and all have lasted under a year. Frankly I think Sunderland are lucky he's resigned, shambolic manager.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

A salute to those wives who are missing their husbands, sons without their fathers, and especially to the brave investigators themselves as they heroically work non-stop through the third month of the pie investigation.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Can someone link me to the Summer Transfer thread I can't seem to find it

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

African AIDS cum posted:

Can someone link me to the Summer Transfer thread I can't seem to find it

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Seems like an awful lot of money was put up on Terry going off at exactly that point, which is in no way suspicious

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39999708

Reminder for context when reading the above story where the FA clearly don't care, that a big fat man was forced to quit his job essentially volunteering with a non-league club for the love of the game because he ate a pie, as a joke

I think it's a sad reflection on the gambling culture around the game that these stupid bets are being offered in the first place

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

Really this more than anything. Terry and his narcissism made this sadly predictable, more disappointed I didn't think of it.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I think it's a sad reflection on the gambling culture around the game that these stupid bets are being offered in the first place

Yeah, gambling is a scourge on football.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Seems like Sanchez is off to Bayern.

There's no appropriate thread (I blame the mods) so I have to post juicy rumours in here.

(please do not ban me, mods)

Xabi fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 23, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Martin Keown has had a go at sanchez saying arsenal had to have an extra training session because he wanted one lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
As soon as I made this I regretted it but somebody had to

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jose posted:

Martin Keown has had a go at sanchez saying arsenal had to have an extra training session because he wanted one lol
love the enthusiasm but this seems a bit much

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

As soon as I made this I regretted it but somebody had to

The rainbow represents Liverpool being the first fully gay football team.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PortuGoal1/stat...gossip-13075204

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Xabi posted:

Seems like Sanchez is off to Bayern.

There's no appropriate thread (I blame the mods) so I have to post juicy rumours in here.

(please do not ban me, mods)

Rumblings are that they're offering £50m which is loving nuts for a guy in the last year of his contract.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Akileese posted:

Rumblings are that they're offering £50m which is loving nuts for a guy in the last year of his contract.

If I am not mistaken I believe that when transfers happen a new deal is usually made as well.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Anyone have any sources on this Alexis stuff? I don't doubt he'll leave, but I'm not seeing this anywhere.

And if you thought Arsenal had failed to replace their stars in the past, hoo boy just wait to see what they do when they can't even promise CL football.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Akileese posted:

Doesn't seem that crazy to me. Arsenal don't want to sell and if Sanchez becomes a free agent he will want a huge signing bonus. RVP was in a similar situation and went for £25m to Man Utd 5 years ago. I would guess that transfer fees are probably up 100% compared to 5 years ago, if not more.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Sanchez is mental and not worth half that price to Bayern imho

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Fat Sam has quit Palace apparently.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/867044649223041024

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Weird, is Steve Parish just an unbelievably massive twat or something? It's not like Palace never spend any money.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Thom P. Tiers posted:

If I am not mistaken I believe that when transfers happen a new deal is usually made as well.

You are correct. But he's free to negotiate in six months and I don't think his sign on fee would exceed the transfer fee.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://twitter.com/afc_obsessed/status/865207076762603520

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Maybe Big Sam has realised there's more money in being a half season relegation fire fighter than in long term management

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Blue Star Error posted:

Maybe Big Sam has realised there's more money in being a half season relegation fire fighter than in long term management

Maybe he's replacing Wenger

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Honest to god I don't know who half these players are

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

Honest to god I don't know who half these players are

Six of them already play for Arsenal and one was strongly linked with Liverpool so your statement is patently false.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Shrapnac, you're takking to Hoops. Anything is possible.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

blue footed boobie posted:

Anyone have any sources on this Alexis stuff? I don't doubt he'll leave, but I'm not seeing this anywhere.

And if you thought Arsenal had failed to replace their stars in the past, hoo boy just wait to see what they do when they can't even promise CL football.

Apparently City are in for him so that'll drive up the price. At that price I'd pass because there's a chance it would mean Aguero leaving, and I'd rather have him.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Brony Car posted:

Shrapnac, you're takking to Hoops. Anything is possible.
Chill mate it's getting weird. I'm sorry I made that half-joke about the name "Chris" like six weeks ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Sanchez will sign a new 5 year contract at Arsenal, just you wait and see......

yes....

you wait......

and see.....

wait and see....

:(

• Locked thread