Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Gorn Myson posted:

The real logical endpoint to new phone who dis's ideology is "deport/persecute/kill all Muslims", but much like his fellow thinkers, hes too much of a pussy to come out and actually say it.

Only if you're building the biggest straw man ever to argue with. You can acknowledge the difficulty of having those communities and still manage them in a humanitarian way. You're going to get more attacks, but it's probably better than getting too extreme. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to stop importing people from the areas of the world where this ideology is popular in the meantime, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

True, who is head of the CoS?

Nationalize the Church, I approve.

its me

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

It seems slightly disingenuous to lump it in with most other religious monarchies, though, given that it became one in order to reduce the power of the church by placing it under state control. The Church of England is a symbol of the interests of faith being subordinate to the interests of the nation, not the other way around.

While true, we do not have full separation of church and state, so their claim we're a secular democracy is bunk. We're neither secular nor a full democracy (by virtue of the unelected upper chamber and monarch as head of state).

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

It's ok Ober, he doesn't want genocide, just travel bans and camps. Hey, if they're already in camps, maybe we can get them to do some work? We had a guy in her the other week saying how if you're in prison it's not slavery, so that should apply to the camps, right? Maybe a catchy slogan at the entrance?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mr Fans, build up that wall!

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Labour will make Britain a force for good, the Tories would take us to war - Emily Thornberry

Ugh the Labour foreign policy manifesto sounds amazing. And it's the only way these kinds of things will ever stop.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

OwlFancier posted:

Nationalize the Church, I approve.

i dunno its been awhile since the scientology things, its probably tom cruise now

also if the mods could ban or probie the grief baiting racists that would be a nice thing tbqh

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

TheRat posted:

Can we make the nazis pay for the wall our PMs?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Miftan posted:

It's ok Ober, he doesn't want genocide, just travel bans and camps. Hey, if they're already in camps, maybe we can get them to do some work? We had a guy in her the other week saying how if you're in prison it's not slavery, so that should apply to the camps, right? Maybe a catchy slogan at the entrance?

Keep building that straw man! Everyone totally believes you! Make sure to act extra smug! It's what wins elections! Everyone is a Nazi but you and your buddies!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

No one really. It's a presbyterian church, so theoretically no one is above any one else. Technically I guess the Moderator of the General Assembly is the closest?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Technically I guess the Moderator of the General Assembly is the closest?

Troposphere or genesplicer?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

new phone who dis posted:

Keep building that straw man! Everyone totally believes you! Make sure to act extra smug! It's what wins elections! Everyone is a Nazi but you and your buddies!

Will you gently caress off?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

No one really. It's a presbyterian church, so theoretically no one is above any one else. Technically I guess the Moderator of the General Assembly is the closest?

Ooo a big argument. Maybe I should move to Scotland.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS is haraam and not allowed to count.

croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Contemporary Islam is the closest thing to Nazi doctrine in the world right now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mackers posted:

Labour will make Britain a force for good, the Tories would take us to war - Emily Thornberry

Ugh the Labour foreign policy manifesto sounds amazing. And it's the only way these kinds of things will ever stop.

In case anyone (like me) thought that it was odd that this had come out despite the campaign suspensions, it's from the 11th. So, bit less than two weeks ago.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

TheRat posted:

Don't go crying to the mods! We need the ideological resolve to protect this liberal SJW racetraitoring commie echo chamber ourselves, or we'll never learn!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

croc suit posted:

Pffffhffhahahahahahah

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Not everyone, but you sound like one, you big old racist.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

croc suit posted:

You mean apart from the literal Nazis like Anders Breivik or Richard Spencer?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

croc suit posted:

Thought long and hard about this one, I see

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

croc suit posted:

Imagine being this loving dumb.

Please gently caress off.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Darth Walrus posted:

You mean apart from the literal Nazis like Anders Breivik or Richard Spencer?

"Actually neither of these upstanding gentlemen subscribe to the platform of the actual NSDAP and therefore checkmate libtard"

croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SteelMentor posted:

Imagine being this loving dumb.

Please gently caress off.

Follow your commie brethren to the gulags old chap

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

forkboy84 posted:

"Actually neither of these upstanding gentlemen subscribe to the platform of the actual NSDAP and therefore checkmate libtard"

*adjusts shirt collar* oh the, uh, nazis, they don't really like me... those guys...

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

croc suit posted:

1.7 billion nazis! poo poo! The world is hosed!

Here's a hint: an ideology might be poo poo on paper, and/or it might have some despicable extremist members, hell, they might be thousands, but you can't just go and say "there are some really bad extremist Islam practitioners -> everyone who follows a religion follows it in exactly the same way -> Islam is nazis" because haha that's not how complex social dynamics work.

In case you forgot, the Catholic church with more or less exactly the same principles it has now, was responsible for the Inquisition. I guess all Christians are nazis too!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I think what we can take from the sudden appearance of terror on our shores is that we are not immune from these attacks as appeared to the case before the Westminster incident. We've watched the French take the brunt of terrorism over the last few years but unfortunately that hate seems to be spreading, not dissipating. Sadly I think this all comes back to the clusterfuck of the Syrian civil war giving rise to ISIS and a flag for these degenerates to rally behind. It's a massive failure of western foreign policy and lack of military cohesion that has lead to this point.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*smoking a poop* did u know that hiletr was an islamn? no wonder he kill the juice

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Pochoclo posted:

complex social dynamics

wtf is this liberal ivory tower bullshit? a brown person did something bad; deport the lot of them i say - mass migration is to blame for these attacks perpetrated by native britons!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah I mean, things were better when you could go down town without roving gangs of guys in jackboots and big beards marching up and down sewing big capital Cs on vicars and smashing up pubs and pork in a bun vans.

Flayer posted:

I think what we can take from the sudden appearance of terror on our shores is that we are not immune from these attacks as appeared to the case before the Westminster incident. We've watched the French take the brunt of terrorism over the last few years but unfortunately that hate seems to be spreading, not dissipating. Sadly I think this all comes back to the clusterfuck of the Syrian civil war giving rise to ISIS and a flag for these degenerates to rally behind. It's a massive failure of western foreign policy and lack of military cohesion that has lead to this point.

"Sudden appearance of terror"

A thing that has never happened in the UK before today and was definitely not a major topic of discussion yesterday.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

It's more about being a member of a death cult than being a certain race or an immigrant, no matter what hysterical people tell you.

daubs self in mud and chants about the land of the dead

No death cultism here, no sir, no indeed.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I guess we were gonna get some spillover now that r/the_donald has melted down into a pool of glistening, golden piss

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

wait theyre norwegeian

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

8 years old isn't an age to die

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Only if you're building the biggest straw man ever to argue with. You can acknowledge the difficulty of having those communities and still manage them in a humanitarian way. You're going to get more attacks, but it's probably better than getting too extreme. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to stop importing people from the areas of the world where this ideology is popular in the meantime, though.
The actual leftist position on any kind of multicultural integration is pretty much what Pochoclo said, but I'd also say that a big part of that is making sure that you don't marginalise certain identities which would push them towards ideologies such as Islamism.

What you've done is consistently use dog whistle terms which in my mind don't differentiate you that much from your alt-right. Which means you're a double whammy of stupid and just really loving boring.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

wait theyre norwegeian

Really I thought they were from Iceland?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah I mean, things were better when you could go down town without roving gangs of guys in jackboots and big beards marching up and down sewing big capital Cs on vicars and smashing up pubs and pork in a bun vans.

"Sudden appearance of terror"

A thing that has never happened in the UK before today and was definitely not a major topic of discussion yesterday.
Since 7/7 in 2005 and the attack on Westminster in 2017 there has been a single innocents death caused by Islamic terror in the UK (Lee Rigby). In Europe however, and particularly in France, these attacks have been happening with some regularity over the last few years. These attacks are inspired by ISIS, whether you like it or not, and the collective Western failure to deal with ISIS has resulted in innocent civilians in Europe being killed by Islamic terrorists. We could and should have done better instead of letting Syria fall into the state it has.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Really I thought they were from Iceland?

nope

Norges the lot of 'em

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Flayer posted:

Since 7/7 in 2005 and the attack on Westminster in 2017 there has been a single death caused by Islamic terror in the UK (Lee Rigby). In Europe however, and particularly in France, these attacks have been happening with some regularity over the last few years. These attacks are inspired by ISIS, whether you like it or not, and the collective Western failure to deal with ISIS has resulted in innocent civilians in Europe being killed by Islamic terrorists. We could and should have done better instead of letting Syria fall into the state it has.

I hate to keep pointing this out but the recent lack of terror attacks in the UK is the oddity going by the preceding several decades. And the reason for that oddity is not the military solution which was employed during the preceding decades.

E: where's my loving graph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Flayer posted:

the collective Western failure to deal with ISIS has resulted in innocent civilians in Europe being killed by Islamic terrorists. We could and should have done better instead of letting Syria fall into the state it has.

:cripes:

• Locked thread