Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

XK posted:

I assume MoMA's avatar is a reference to something. I'm not familiar with whatever it is.

Somebody drop me some info on whoever that's a picture of.

And, what was that cinnamon swirl thing. Come on, avatar buyers. Get it together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z44kBaGmuM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Sunswipe posted:

What the actual gently caress is going on with avatars around here?

Somebody buy me a new one. Mine's well over a decade old, and based on some stupid FYAD post I made way back in the day.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

ManofManyAliases posted:

You guys would absolutely lose your minds if you found out who I really was.

Well, that depends on whether the belt chooses to corroborate your story.

What say you, kickstarter belt?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Ok, it works, I like it.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

XK posted:

Somebody buy me a new one. Mine's well over a decade old, and based on some stupid FYAD post I made way back in the day.

dude please stop posting

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

dude please stop posting

Ok

oh gently caress

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

XK posted:

That's still over $6k, like, god drat.

Well SC promises to be everything that all of your steam library is. So spending 17k on sc is a good investment.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

I think the rest of us are all in it for the luls.

I'm watching another internet scam play out in realtime. I think perspective is important.

You're in it for money, though. So what's the 'we' there?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm pretty convinced you're actually Lowtax

Spending server money on belts. Crime of the century.

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 23, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

It really did. I have no idea why I didn't make the connection sooner. All the signs were right there.

Can't wait for Scrotes McGee to re-reg under the clever pseudonym CaptainNox just to theorw you off his scent.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Given his propensity to give inordinate amounts of money to an insane guy that tells bad stories about space ships I'm going to say: Tom Cruise

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

WebDO posted:

Given his propensity to give inordinate amounts of money to an insane guy that tells bad stories about space ships I'm going to say: Tom Cruise

Alt: Travolta.

Can't see Kirsty Alley being that into a belt. wink.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Why couldn't we be buddies though? Think about it: I love good food, engaging discussion, delicious beer, outdoor activities and I don't mind breaking out the wallet spontaneously for a good time.

MoMA hat off for a second:

At the end of the day, this thread - reddit - SC forums - derek loving smart - all of it doesn't mean poo poo. It's a video game. Do you think any of us are really better off having argued about that on the internet? The only one here who is really enamored with the fight is Derek. I think the rest of us are all in it for the luls.

Thanks to this thread I have learned to identify (and internally dismiss) retards like you way faster. Both online and in real life. So yeah, I am better off, tyvm.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Why couldn't we be buddies though? Think about it: I love good food, engaging discussion, delicious beer, outdoor activities and I don't mind breaking out the wallet spontaneously for a good time.

MoMA hat off for a second:

At the end of the day, this thread - reddit - SC forums - derek loving smart - all of it doesn't mean poo poo. It's a video game. Do you think any of us are really better off having argued about that on the internet? The only one here who is really enamored with the fight is Derek. I think the rest of us are all in it for the luls.

You know something, I don't give a poo poo, you seem like a decent guy and I've got zero issues with you. This 'game' is such a loving farce that I wouldn't let it dictate any area of my life, it's literally of no importance to me. I like everyone here tbh and always have done. Everyone has a part to play in the comedy and for that I thank you all.

You know what, last night some dickhead decided to blow up a load of kids about 10 mins away from where I live and I'm having to try to explain this to my son. poo poo like this puts things in perspective, Star Citizen means gently caress all to me and hasn't for a long long time.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

MoMa, MoMA, hmmmmm... no! it can't be!

M...om?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

peter gabriel posted:

You know something, I don't give a poo poo, you seem like a decent guy and I've got zero issues with you. This 'game' is such a loving farce that I wouldn't let it dictate any area of my life, it's literally of no importance to me. I like everyone here tbh and always have done. Everyone has a part to play in the comedy and for that I thank you all.

You know what, last night some dickhead decided to blow up a load of kids about 10 mins away from where I live and I'm having to try to explain this to my son. poo poo like this puts things in perspective, Star Citizen means gently caress all to me and hasn't for a long long time.

A daughter of a friend (8) went to it last night with her dad, thank gently caress she's ok, I didn't sleep a wink, loving scum, bombing children, I can't even comprehend it.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

ManofManyAliases posted:

you've been doing this for like a year now why don't you just tell us? Its not like you wouldnt be able to post anymore.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

A daughter of a friend (8) went to it last night with her dad, thank gently caress she's ok, I didn't sleep a wink, loving scum, bombing children, I can't even comprehend it.

Glad they are OK, it's been a headfuck of a day

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

peter gabriel posted:

Glad they are OK, it's been a headfuck of a day

I know, i'm gonna hug her so much when I see her, I wish you and yours the best, please be safe (as much as you can be nowadays)

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

trucutru posted:

MoMa, MoMA, hmmmmm... no! it can't be!

M...om?
Mom of Many 'Awfullers.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Why are they selling JPEGs of a stealth bomber? I thought your character was supposed to be a civilian in the game.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

This is a post that has been needed to be made for a long loving time. It IS just a game and we are all here for the same purpose of laughing at it and each other. I am glad you and your family are alive and well as I would not like to think that something like that could put an end to any of us like that. Thanks for that post Peter.

Edit: I too think Moma has a place here with the rest of us and is more or less a good guy too.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Also why do space torpedoes from the Fourth Stimpire look exactly like 20th century water torpedoes

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Got any good whiskies lately, MoMA?

I got a lovely BenRiach a couple of weeks ago. 22 y/o, spent the last 8 years in a Moscatel cask. Bloody lovely it is.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Bubbacub posted:

Why are they selling JPEGs of a stealth bomber? I thought your character was supposed to be a civilian in the game.

No you see it's all those other dudes who'll do that, the ones that don't want to be space captain of space industry or space general of the confederacy of space earth

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bubbacub posted:

Also why do space torpedoes from the Fourth Stimpire look exactly like 20th century water torpedoes

Original ideas are hard, OKAY?! :argh:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bubbacub posted:

From the Eclipse supah-secret brochure:

quote:

In an effort to increase transparency with the Xi’an, the Eclipse is declassified and available for purchase by Citizens.

So it is for diplomatic reasons that civilians citizens (remember: service guarantees citizenship) get to fly stealth bombers. Just like in real life.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15907-Aegis-Eclipse-Stealth-In-The-Shadows

E: Lol, I just re-read all that crap and just noticed that now they tell you what the expected price of the ship will be after it's more than just a JPEG, so that you can calculate your profit in advance. AHahaahahah

trucutru fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 23, 2017

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

trucutru posted:

From the Eclipse supah-secret brochure:

So it is for diplomatic reasons that civilians citizens (remember: service guarantees citizenship) get to fly stealth bombers. Just like in real life.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15907-Aegis-Eclipse-Stealth-In-The-Shadows

E: Lol, I just re-read all that crap and just noticed that now they tell you what the expected price of the ship will be after it's more than just a JPEG, so that you can calculate your profit in advance. AHahaahahah

At least in Eve your portrayed as an immortal pseudo-god that thousands of "civilians" gladly lay their lives down for without question, even when participating in suicidal criminal activities.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Bubbacub posted:

Because Chris' imagination is that of a twelve year old, everything he imagines is simply "Exactly like X but cooler!"

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Viscous Soda posted:

Because Chris' imagination is that of a twelve year old, everything he imagines is simply "Exactly like X but cooler!"

What did twelve-year-olds ever do to you to deserve that comparison?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well who are you then? I'm prepared to lose my mind. :cheers:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

This is very depressing. :(

I'm sorry you have to go through that. :(

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

The only question is if your official title is wig technician or if CR thinks he is fooling anyone and insists you are his personal stylist.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

From now on when I read citizen's comments, I'll have to imagine them coming from Jim Sterling's new character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ1OXSusKdw&t=554s

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I'm so sorry.. it was loving awful

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Having to discuss something like that with a child is absolutely heartbreaking, I'm sorry.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Bubbacub posted:

lol I either never realized that or the 'decommissioned' part of concept jpegs went over my head repeatedly. Did I'm guessing they did not try to explain this "in world"

TheAgent posted:

the evolution of ship sales

gameplay footage of ships shooting things and looking cool
full video of ship ads, just no gameplay
no gameplay or video, but several images, stats and lore
no gameplay, video, stats or lore but a single picture
no gameplay, video, stats, lore, pictures but a ship manufacturer and name
no gameplay, video, stats, lore, pics, ship manufacturer, name or anything else because lol just give us money

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

Having to discuss something like that with a child is absolutely heartbreaking, I'm sorry.

Edit: I'm also sorry that you're going to have two weeks of minor celebrities lending their weight to a renewed debate on 'them' vs 'us'. What is a Jodie Marsh, and how many Katie Hopkins' is it worth?

Virtual Captain posted:

lol I either never realized that or the 'decommissioned' part of concept jpegs went over my head repeatedly. Did I'm guessing they did not try to explain this "in world"

It's an extension of Heinlein's concept that you have to have served to be a 'citizen' which is pretty much front and center in quite a number of his books. It's a popular theme in my generation, particularly amongst nerds that would get winded going up stairs. Traveller kind of extended the idea, by having all the player characters in a branch of the various services before cashing out with qualifications and/or other goodies according to rank.

Famously you could die during character generation as you had to roll to make it through a tour alive. I believe that the wig commodore lore was largely similar; semi-permanent war with the kilrathi leading towards a miiltarized state or what the incrowd calls called 'Cadia'.

Edit: Douglas Hill for example - "Keill Randor is a legionary of the planet Moros, a world famed for its martial rigor and devotion to Good Causes. Returning from a scout mission, he finds that his homeworld has been completely wiped out through an evil radioactive bomb. As all the legionaries had been recalled to help with the crisis, they're all dead. Only Randor (thanks to some convenient engine trouble) was late enough to avoid the attack. However, since he's now been exposed to the world's poisonous aura, he only has a few months to live - and to get revenge." - I loved these when I was fourteen.

Hav fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 23, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
/SLEEP EXPLOIT

ACTUAL RESULT
Allows you to go through walls and hover in mid air.

EXPECTED RESULT
The emote should not move the physical model of the player when using an emote over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMuUES0f57Q&t=35s

Only 8 bug reports in last 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chLIPoFVkQI&t=21s

:gary: I like the above one as it's so stupid, how can you gently caress up something so simple?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chLIPoFVkQI&t=21s

:gary: I like the above one as it's so stupid, how can you gently caress up something so simple?

You might say it was a high surface finish :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I hope someone already has a 'the day the music stopped' styled mini series for when cig finally shutters the la office

I suggest 'the day the port ollisar rings stopped'